geet is so superb...
loved the update...
-Trinity- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
roses are red
violets are blue 
this new year
new me is here.😳 (I know that sounds crap!! )

At last got rid of my old boring name.. Phew !! 

Love geet.. wow !! roti and archtecture !! poles apart but you made it so apt and simple.. You are seriously female Paulo Coelho. Sheesh the philosopher!! 
Dev just became a mute spectator listening to Geet.. Maan's sly smile.. hayyyee  !! he is enjoying himself with this wild geet.. 
Tara was just outrageous.. Poor geet getting taunted by all bad ass people.. Is Dev really the person as he seems.. I feel they are creating some false image of him.. 
Dont get me started with cooking. By the way that's my new year resolution.. cooking classes from my Mom.. She is an awesome cook.. I cant survive without homemade maa ka haat ka khana..

Still in the hangover of TSWL. Trying hard to get out of it..πŸ€”

Continue soon.. 
glassdoor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Trinity-

roses are red

violets are blue 
this new year
new me is here.😳 (I know that sounds crap!! )

At last got rid of my old boring name.. Phew !! 

Love geet.. wow !! roti and archtecture !! poles apart but you made it so apt and simple.. You are seriously female Paulo Coelho. Sheesh the philosopher!! 
Dev just became a mute spectator listening to Geet.. Maan's sly smile.. hayyyee  !! he is enjoying himself with this wild geet.. 
Tara was just outrageous.. Poor geet getting taunted by all bad ass people.. Is Dev really the person as he seems.. I feel they are creating some false image of him.. 
Dont get me started with cooking. By the way that's my new year resolution.. cooking classes from my Mom.. She is an awesome cook.. I cant survive without homemade maa ka haat ka khana..

Still in the hangover of TSWL. Trying hard to get out of it..πŸ€”

Continue soon.. 

Oh no, how can you do this to me and Nammu! We were fantasizing about Yashji so much.
Humph..😑
crazydream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Me waiting for UPDATE
-Trinity- thumbnail

Originally posted by: glassdoor

Oh no, how can you do this to me and Nammu! We were fantasizing about Yashji so much.
Humph..😑

Now trinity 😎 is here breaking all your fantasies.. yashji flew away into past.. 
Edited by -Trinity- - 11 years ago
glassdoor thumbnail

Editing sweetie...Might take a little while...I am a very slow editor..
Edited by glassdoor - 11 years ago
-Trinity- thumbnail
Me too waiting !!

OH !! its past midnight.. Will read n comment tomorrow sheesh..

Bye good night sweetie πŸ˜Š
Edited by -Trinity- - 11 years ago
glassdoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayukha

"When she was kneading the dough she usually thought of people she was angry with"

In the initial days of my marriage ( Does it seem like I am talking about ancient civilization times.. It's only been 4 years nowπŸ˜† ) the rotis turned out like frisbies. I tried all those 101 on making softer, fluffier rotis. I tried all foreign substances like warm water, milk, buttermilk, oil, ghee, sugar, salt...but realized after a year or so  that I have been missing the key ingredient...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
which you all know by now, thanks to sheesh.

I am glad to have atleast 1 thing in common with geet. Between my husband and my baby, I am making more than enough rotis to feed a battallion these days πŸ˜‘😑😑

Love
Mayukha

🀣
glassdoor thumbnail
Hey sweetums!
Here is the next update.
Lots of Love!

Chap 12:

Geet:

She walked into the cabin of the man who was the Chief Executing Officer of Khurana Constructions. The highest job in the company. She could not help but feel proud of herself once more. She had shown to everyone what she was capable of. She was still smart. And she would remain smart.

Dev looked at her and gave a brief smile. He was definitely a handsome man. But she could tell there was no vanity on his face. In fact he looked like a gentle sweet giant. There was something deep and mysterious about him. She smiled back.

Dev "So Geet. You are my new secretary."

Geet "Yes Sir."

Dev "I suppose you did not mind the little tiff we had in the meeting. It was essential."

Geet "No Sir. I was glad to have had a chance to prove myself."

Dev nodded "You must be thinking I am a hard person to please. Which may be I am. In a way."

Geet "I did not understand Sir. How do you mean?"

Dev "I suppose you will know in due course. For now I would like to welcome you. You have already interacted with my brother. What are your thoughts about the entire team until now."

He actually wanted to know what she thought!

Geet "Sir, shall I be honest or more honest?"

Dev smiled again. It did not seem to take a lot to make this man smile.

Geet "Sir, since you are in a good mood now, I am going to be more honest."

Dev "Go ahead."

Geet "Sir, yesterday it was horrible. I was feeling the lowest of lows. I was feeling I was a zero. Not in size; the other one. Good for nothing. I was comparing myself with everyone and was finding a reason to feel bad and low about myself. To cut long story short I was feeling a low. A complex almost."

Dev said something unintelligible.

Geet "I beg your pardon, Sir?"

Dev "Never mind. Continue."

Geet "Then I started making rotis Sir."

Dev's eyes twinkled "That's it? That is all it took?"

Geet "I don't know Sir. I try to be sad sometimes. You know how it feels good to be sad. It is a rare joy. And then I start doing something and happiness finds me. I hate it."

Dev "Sit down Geet."

Geet "I prefer to stand Sir."

Dev "I have never met a person till now who finds being sad a rare joy."

Geet "I do not mean in that way Sir. See when does a person have a luxury of being sad? When he or she has no better work to do. I find optimism inside pessimism Sir. I don't know how. But I do."

Dev shrugged "Well I am a sort of pessimist myself. I have tried being optimistic but that never works for me."

Geet "I don't know about you Sir. But I like being sad. It gives me an excuse to swear at everybody and be angry. People cannot fault me then. They cannot scold me because I am doing all of it due to sadness."

Dev laughed.

Geet "Sir, are you a musician Sir?"

Dev's eyes widened  "I suppose I am a bathroom singer. But what does that have to do with anything?"

Geet "There was something musical about your laughter Sir. It was in tune."

Dev shook his head "I will be damned. You are weird. And you connect the weirdest things. I am afraid to even talk in front of you now."

Geet smiled "Sir I take it I have passed your radar with flying colors."

Dev "I hope you never become a journalist. You would connect everything and imagine what kinds of news that would create. Boy I am getting the creeps even thinking about it."

She was laughing now. Ya just imagine what news she would create and connect!

Dev "So Geet, I am sensing we will be getting along. But me knowing me I would advise you to be on your toes!"

She felt like saluting but just said "Of course Sir. No problem. See you later!"

She walked out feeling happy almost. DK was not bad. He was not bad at all. At least he was not vain haughty and sarcastic like Maanstein. Well Maanstein wasn't so bad either. He had helped her by warning her, hadn't he? Yes he behaved like a priced ass sometimes. But it was his nature. He did not do it on purpose. He was such a perfect gentleman. He had made her feel so comfortable and brought a smile to her face when she was feeling low at the book signing. She smiled at that thought. Monkey Diamond.

"Hey genius."

Geet turned and saw Yash.

Geet "Hi Yash."

Yash "Man where did the roti chef come from? For one moment I thought I was talking to a research scientist or something. Show some pity on us ordinary mortals."

Geet "Ok now you are pulling my leg right?"

Yash "Started. Come on now. Let us meet and get this Office training done with."

Yash and her met up for a good part of the afternoon. Browsing through the basics of the tools that we take so much for granted in our everyday lives. So much so that the task they perform almost seem impossible to do and maintain by hand.

Geet went through the motions although she was bored out of her skull. This was just not her cup of tea. Her urbane mindset had already exposed her to a plethora of more attractive cousins that were being described by the dude in great detail. Word, Excel, Powerpoint were now becoming mere words to be thrown about.

She was snoozing with her eyes open and staring into space like a zombie. Yash's screechy boyish voice now seemed like a soothing lullaby. Finally Yash stopped talking and she woke up.

Geet "Is the session over?"

Yash smiled "Yep the session is finished. You can go home now. On second thought wait.."

Geet "Wait?"

Yash "Me and Pinky were planning on going to a nearby restaurant. Want to join us?"

Geet thought for a bit. Though she did not know these people she had a feeling she would not be bored.

Yash "Did I mention the place is nearby?"

Geet "Is Meera not coming? And Naintara?"

Yash "Those ladies are too busy for us man. They are all big shots right. Why are you so worried about them. Just come with us. I assure you, you will have a good time. And we won't even be late."

Geet "Ok."

They reached the restaurant in Yash's car. They found a secluded corner for themselves and settled down for the young night ahead. Yash had missed mentioning that the restaurant had an attached bar.

Yash "I will have a beer."

Pinky "Me too."

Geet "Fruit punch. Non alcoholic."

Yash "So Geet now that our tongues and minds have been loosened by this magical potion, pray do tell us about yourself."

Geet felt she was talking to Amitabh Bachan for some reason. Probably due to the emphasis on the word 'pray'. Hey Babaji, Sir was right. She was weird!

Geet "What is there to tell Yash? I already mentioned in the meeting right. Was in college, had to drop out and am here. That's about it."

Yash "Sad story I must say. I like drinking to peoples sob stories."

Geet smiled "You like to gossip."

They were well into some innocent small talk about flower decoration when the ordered food arrived. Geet was famished and ready to dig in shamelessly. However Yash and Pinky stuck to mostly drinking and hardly ordered any proper food. The beer soon turned into what seemed to be stronger drinks. Geet forgot the name, ah vodka!

Yash "So Pink bitch. What is the latest and greatest."

Pinky "You won't believe what I saw yesterday evening. Like it is epic. Blow you out of your skull epic."

Geet leaned forward. Vow. Yash's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets.

Yash "You don't say. Even more epic than the Rapunzel act?"

Geet "Rapunzel act?"

Yash "Oh ya. You know Tara bitch. She actually unlocked her long wavy tresses. In front of MK. Like in his cabin. They were having a meeting."

Geet was puzzled "So? May be she just needed to tie a pony."

Pinky "Geet honey, that is what rest rooms are for. You don't comb your hair in MK's cabin. Unless.."

Geet "Unless what?"

Pinky "You want to attract the poor bas***d". She rolled her eyes and mentioned "Obviously."

Geet shook her head "I don't think so. I mean she could have done it innocently. I mean sometimes one has a single hair tug na. Cannot help it. Have to tie it again."

Pinky made a cutesy face as if she was looking at a barbie doll "Aww. You are so sweet. But honey I know Tara, you know. She is a mega bitch. Her pride is her mane. Trust me."

Geet "Are you sure you need to be talking all this in front of me? I mean I am like new. Right?"

Pinky giggled. Her breath reeked of alcohol. "I have ragged Tara about this until she runs away at the mere mention of MK. So don't worry. All this is common knowledge."

Geet realized these people were seriously drunk and talking nonsense.

Yash "You did not tell me about the epic incident still, Pink bitch."

Pinky "Oh ya. So now yesterday evening right I am like packing up and going home. And who do I see. Of course our dear MK and Tara. It seemed like he was dropping her back to office after 'lunch'."

Yash "Oh man, this is getting interesting. Continue."

Pinky "Only if you pick up the tab this time."

Yash "Anything for the piece of sensational news you are about to share. Come on now be a good girl."

Pinky laughed somewhat loudly.

Pinky "And wait for it. Wait for it. She gives a full frontal. That looked accidental."

Yash looked as if he had had a heart attack "I cannot believe it. Tara turned out to be our mother hen re. This is getting serious man."

Geet "What is full frontal?"

Pinky made a long face "Explain Yash."

Yash "Alright let me explain to you how women torture men with their delicious babies."

He held his palms a little distance away from his chest. Geet could almost puke now. She was too straight for this shit. And having fried food.

Yash "There are many kinds of hugs. A harmless hug is like how two brothers do it. Shoulder to shoulder. And a little tap on the backs of each other. That's it."

Geet "Oh God. Now I don't want to know about full frontal."

Yash "Now some women tend to conveniently forget the boundaries whilst maintaining an innocent face. This will then assume the dimension of 'accidental'. She manages to brush her chest against his in a swift motion. Before he knows it he is turned on for no fault of his due to her padded push up bra. He cannot stop thinking about her. And prevent himself from having wet dreams."

Geet held her palm to her mouth and swallowed. Poor Maanstein.

Yash "Since our dear Tara has the added advantages of height and cup size, she can do this task effortlessly and appear as if nothing has happened. She cannot help it if her you know what extends beyond her nose you know."

Pinky "But I think she is too tall you know. For him. With heels she is as tall as him. Awkward much!"

Yash "Pinky, when certain criteria of fantasies are fulfilled men stop caring about height. In fact it turns us on even more. Yes the technicalities become a little difficult. But it is nothing compared to the sweet joy."

Geet had stopped following what was going on a long time ago. Tara being a technicality was too much to hear. She had to change the topic.

Geet "I heard big boobs are prone to cancer."

Both Yash and Pinky were guffawing now.

Geet "I am not lying. I can give you so many examples. Lisa Ray, Manisha Koirala etc…"

Pinky "Honey if I get to live till 40 with those kind of babies, I will consider my life fulfilled. Who wants to live long with a playground."

Yash "Playground. Huhahahhah. Pink, you just crack me up. I am falling down. But you know darling you can always get surgical help if some poor rich bas***d pays for it. Even better get pink streaks. Shit! I am too drunk. Will you drive my car re."

Geet "Both of you are drunk! So who is going to drive now?"

Yash "Don't worry darling. You are the sweetest little thing. We will reach home. Don't worry."

Geet "Alright. But if you don't mind can you please give me a call once you reach Pinky?"

They walked out of the restaurant and Geet hailed a taxi. This would just not do. This time Yash had picked up the tab for all of them. But Geet had to be careful. If she was not, her entire salary would be spent on 'dinner'.

She then began wondering about Maan and Tara. Was it true? Were they really going out. Was it something serious or just Pinky's vodka induced hallucination. Somehow Geet could not bring herself to believe Maan would fall for someone like Tara. Maan was a gentleman. He was inimitable as Yash had said. But there was something about this that felt icky. 

-----------------------------------------

Like it, Love it, Cant get enough! Press the Like Button please

Let me know what you think at every step through your comments as well 

Your love and support means everything...

mishtimohabbat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res ...I want to b on the same page as you  Ji πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³
Edited: This will make up for all the loss of comments since this story's conception ...unless I have forgotten to add  anything to my random thought collection below..
You know when you had first started this story I thought that its a carry on, of the characters from the previous one!
 Sooo When Dev came in the picture I was all excited to see how Geet takes the D out of the DK and humans him ...mesmeries him and the cussing heheeπŸ˜† but nahiii
Now the shock that I had after I had read the first chapter is finally wearing off... 'yeh thoda Hatke hai Parr  wohi Jhatke hai'..wah!!wah!!Taaaliyaa at my insomniac state of the art mind it! waali shayari πŸ˜ƒ... 
 You hit a six in the opening chapter!! I mean we used to rake our minds and plead to you to just see the update through Maan's eyes let alone decipher what his 'code less intentions' used to be! and Here first chapter and first word: Maan!! you started with his pov... that was shocking ...

lekin later I realised it may not have been your intention but the impact that shock had on me as a reader was great..coz I was hesitantly thinking that the entire TSWL you have slowly, sometimes painstakingly and most of all poetically with all your 'Jhakkaaas' philosophies have shown light through Maan.. 

Ab? what will you show next...

But I had forgotten and you reminded me through one of the previous chapters that glasses actually to be specific Crystals are made up of prisms...In TSWL you took us to the depth of the character ..shown light on its core..where it belonged.
So far through this story I see the reflection of that light..Maan has been shown with so much clarity opposite to The DK in this story.. which I'm guessing is due to roles being shifted.. but there are certain traits of the MK which show of how much more there is to know about him esp now that he is not in the limelight of CEO...
I can't wait ..but I am patient as you know hehee.. to see how and when through Geet... we dig our way through this story and realise that we know that the Power still lies in the Man who made the K out of the DK  stand out...but just what  MK will do with this power... 

I kinda had a mini heart attack to see a vague mix of amiability between Maan and Nainatara.. didn't expect any to be honest... I really thought that there would be subservience-ness (if there is such a word!ha) in this duo! But I guess there is more to it than what the eye can see and esp in this case, what Geet has seen so far doesn't seem to show much.

okk ji enough of my magnanimous cloud of thoughts and assumptions.. u know even if Im wrong in many things here, Id still be happy that I managed to think something out of it so far..hehee

😳😲 and Thank you for the tareef you threw my way... You know Im known as the biggest fresh blob of cream off the boat amongst my friends coz Im such a romantic at heart!! and to be thought of as romantic in my lil bit of writing I do here for you is like β˜ΊοΈ Haayyee.. 

I haven't been much of a good reader to be honest ji.. I hardly make the effort to comment on ppl's work... and to write is to expect ppl to read and appreciate ...which I can't really ask as of now ji..
I have been writing a story since the last two years but in my mind..never managed to pen it down..I will soon..probably this month but to showcase the world here it may take longer.. hehee
 For that like I said first I need and 'want to be on the same page as you πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³'..Diamonds are Rare... I still need to find my Light ..

PS: Thank you for coming back with this story so jaldi...when u told us that  you had thought of this story a while before you ended tswl i felt like  you made a popat out of us πŸ€‘

Edited by mishtimohabbat - 11 years ago