NRI fans floor Sati star Sonia

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

NRI fans floor Sati star Sonia

Sonia Kapoor now knows that the best parties in Mumbai are nothing compared to bashes the world over. The television actress is back home after a trip to the US for the Himesh Reshammiya concert. She recalls the fabulous time she had there. The show has been very successful and the crowds went crazy. It was literally like seeing the stadium turning into a nightclub packed with almost 20,000 people.

Many fans came up to Sonia to tell her how much they liked her shows on Zee and Sony. "There were people who even remembered me from my old shows such as Heena and Aa Gale Lag Jaa for which I must have done at the most 50 episodes. I had only heard about people there watching Indian teleserials, but this time I was surprised to see that we have a really large audience there who love to watch our shows."

She still recalls a touching incident in Chicago. A middle-aged couple came up to Himesh and said he was sort of a miracle man because their mentally-challenged teenage son who usually doesn't respond to anything had lately started responding to his songs.  "It was so touching to see the happy parents of the boy, it almost made me cry," says the actress. Now it's back to television for her. She will be seen in Sati on Sahara TV for which she has already started shooting.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#N RI%20fans%20floor%20Sati%20star%20Sonia