Our meeting with Sumit & Aakash ji

810Kankana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Me(PK) and Kankana, finally waited for Sumit Vats as per conveyed to us at the previously agreed upon location that is Cafe Coffee Day at Oberoi Mall Goregaon (East) on 12.12.12.

We waited and waited and we were anxious. We have known his face for more than 13 months watching Zee tv but had no idea how the meeting would turn up. We had been great fans of his and had been watching the show more and more minutely day by day.

In our 1st meeting with Sumit & Aakash ji ,I said - thanks a lot for making this meeting possible as I am a complete unknown to you and for me you are a kind of known friend'..so I understand it might be a difficult situation if I myself have to do it this way'. so first thanks for making this meeting. And we have a gift for you.

We gifted him a special frame made of all his solo photos - 110 photos chosen and made by Kanks, all laminated together and made into a fiber touch up and a wooden frame so that the photos in frame remain intact. It's almost all of his journey through out all the HD episodes till June. 

Sumit was pleasantly surprised, happy and humble seeing the gift. He said, you do not know what you have given me. No one ever has given me such a gift so far. In between this whole convo Sumit said "THANKS" almost 4-5 times. The 1st time he saw his gift, he reacted just like a kid, he held our hands & said u guys r crazy, thank u so much for this lovely gift. He carefully watched all the snaps from top to bottom. Kanks mentioned about a few like - his Pizza eating snap, old-age guy snap etc. He said, it must have taken quite a long time...Kanks agreed, & added that it doesn't matter as we wanted to gift u something different. He said "so sweet of u guys" repeatedly. Kanks was telling him that there must be something at the back so that u can hang it on the wall at your house. He said, I will get it made if it's not there at the back so that I can hang it on the wall. (so sweet of him 😊).

Meanwhile Radhey started about TRP as we basically started with discussion on HD first. I asked Sumit, whether this IF website ranking is really gonna help him, and do good to his career. First he said yes, but when we told him that it's a pathetic political site then Radhey started with the rankings and the TRP system.. so the discussion took a different turn.

Then I tweaked in between to bring back the conversation on HD'.and said that Indu really rocks...she really suits who ever has chosen this girl, it's the perfect daughter she plays to Rishi and Indira. They were happy and smiling on that. Then the topic moved to Munnah bhai. They are really buddies on the set. Radhey said that when there is no scene going on they mostly will sit together with Sandeep Baswana (Munna bhai ) and will have discussions about the scripts, the scene etc. Aakash ji said- jab bhi AD ata hai shot ke liye bulane, humko hamare room men nahi balki Sandip ke room men hi dhundta hai, as he also knows we love to spend time in Sandip's room.

I told them, Munna has redefined the word - SHITT YAAR - it is so perfect when Munna says it. They again smiled in appreciation.

Then I started conveying how I got into HD. Then he asked me who is at my home. I told him the answer. He knew Kankana since before me so there was no need to have Kankana reintroduced to him again.

Ok'. Now it's my (Kankana) turn..

I appreciated Sumit for his brilliancy in maintaining continuity between the shots. He politely said all bcoz of his amazing Director & the wonderful co-stars, like-Rati, Munna (Sandeep ji), Aakashji. He is a newcomer & still on a learning process.

I asked, is it true that you do not use glycerin in those emotional sequences?

He replied- Yes.

I asked -How did you manage that..?

He replied- I try to do them without using the glycerin, but sometimes have to use it due to the retakes;

I complimented him for that & told him to continue with this special feature of him ( I mentioned here about that Haldi ceremony seq, that we saw him crying even the camera was not facing him), he said- of course, i will continue to do that (with a cute smile).

Then Aakash ji told us abt a special seq where Sumit was gone down totally under the soil & he didn't use any BD for it though it was quite a risky shot indeed, he did it all by himself. Aakash ji also added that Sumit is one of the most hard-working guy in HD, who always ready to give his 100%. Sumit said he jumped down from a height of 8-10 feet & then had to go down under the sand completely. He took only a piece of thin wet cloth to cover up his mouth, so that the sand doesn't enter into his eyes or mouth. Here PK mentioned about that Haldi shot b/w Zara & Rishi where that haldi had been blown down on them. She said- it was Multani mitti'.. Sumit added that they can't use real haldi all the time as they had to do maximum shots in minimum times.

I asked that why in these days lots of Body-Double (BD) sequences have been shot, as I cleared it to him that I do not like to see his BD instead of him. He said it is because they have to work on 2 separate units simultaneously, they have to use BDs. Aakash ji said if there are total 18 scenes have to shoot on a single day, Sumit has to be there in the minimum 10, so it is quite impossible for an actor to be presented there in every single shot. Akash ji also added that they all work for their director, who is the captain of the ship, if Vikram sir said it's ok, they are  ok wid the shot.

Then PK said this new track is not that much enjoyable. Sumit replied - That is to get some refreshment, so story needs some twists & turns, otherwise u fans will complain that story becomes boring & stuck.

I said- I want your autographs. They both provided us their autograph one by one, first Sumit, then Aakash ji.

Then I told him about one of our common friend, about my plans of coming here. He asked me where do I stay, etc, etc. He wished me luck for my future project. Then we shared li'l bit abt our all-day-long trip to Mumbai. Aakash asked PK about her hometown.

Then we took a few snaps with them. Sumit requested one waiter to click pix for us. After the photo session, I finally said a big  "thank you" to Sumit for coming & also accepting the gift. Then I gave him my hand for the final shake-hand. Then they both said BYE to us & took the escalator for going on the next floor & we came out from the mall.

Finally our dreamy date with Sumit & Aakash ji was over & we didn't even realize that we had just spent almost 1.45 hrs. here talking with them. So, here it is, we do not want to make them bother, as we know Sumit is very reserved person, so we avoided any personal questions. This is more of a Coffee date with our friends rather than a Fan-Celeb kind of meet. We had enjoyed a lot, & hope Sumit - Aakash both also had enjoyed our company as Sumit never ever showed any hurry in his behavior or body-language, not even used his mobile phone in this 1.45 hrs. time limit. He is a very punctual guy as well, gave us time on 6.30 & also reached there by on time.

We know you guys are expecting some more personal info about him, but sorry, we didn't ask anything related to their personal life. We all had enjoyed our 1st ever visit with our Heroes, hope you too enjoyed while reading this.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by 810Kankana - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gaby09 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
omg omg omg omg

lucky gals
thank u so much for this
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Prem Kailash  and  Kankana ... Wowww...

You guys met Sumit and Aakash Pandey ... This is Super .      😊

Thanks for giving us a detailed account of your meeting ... all the issues that you talked about  ... and you spent 1.45 hrs with them ... Too Good .   😃

Both of them appear to be such Humble people ... willing to spend so much time with their fans ... and from the conversation , they seem to be so Mature and Intelligent . 

Thanks for giving us all the info ... you guys have done a great job .     😊

and the pic is FANTASTIC ... Everybody is looking Great ... especially Sumit .     😛😃  
Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
THsnks Kankana !!  He. Loves Oberoi mall in Gorgoan. My family is around that area and they have seen him shopping in that mall. Lucky to get date with him !!! Thanks for sharing !!  Which one of you in that bueiful picture?
810Kankana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Heema22

THsnks Kankana !! He. Loves Oberoi mall in Gorgoan. My family is around that area and they have seen him shopping in that mall. Lucky to get date with him !!! Thanks for sharing !! Which one of you in that bueiful picture?

d orange suit.
sonie32 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Kankana Thanks a lot for sharing all this with us 😳
i'm ❤️
lucky you😉 😆 
-Clara- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs kankana 😳
Sumit n Aakash r really humble 😳
Ur sooo Lucky 😳 😉
Sumit 😳
Ausum pic 😃Edited by shiin - 11 years ago
pink-lily thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
omg... thanks 4 sharing 😃
Cloudy.Night thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow kankana jii ur so lucky 😊 thanks for sharing with us all the info 🤗 and awesome pics ❤️
sahmed083 thumbnail
thnx kanks for fulfilling our wish...