ArShi FF: Something About You Thread#1 *COMPLETED* - Page 39

Posted: 11 years ago
Hey guys, so here I am with Part 7. A big thank you to all of you who commented on the last part, cos when I read honest reviews other than 'awesome update, continue soon', it actually reinforces my enthusiasm towards the story & I have noticed I write better with more fluency after I read those comments..So thank you!πŸ€—

Here's Part 7..Enjoy!

Part 7

Khushi ran away from the main house as soon as she was out in the porch. She didn't want anyone to come & try to pacify her right now. She felt too distraught to appreciate anyone else's company. She ran without even seeing where she was going, & after running fast within the vast area of the property, taking every turns & bends which came in her path, she suddenly reached a shadowy small clearing surrounded by large Peepal & red & yellow Gulmohar trees. As the cool air of the shaded area hit her hot countenance, Khushi halted & looked around. As she noticed this area was well hidden from the view of the main house, which was just too far anyways, she relaxed & bent over forwards, clutching the sides of her head to hold her hair away from her face.

Suddenly, she felt a forceful tug at her left elbow & she was turned around in a while, & before she could even fathom what was happening, she was looking straight in Arnav's furious eyes, shooting daggers at her. & weirdly enough, the first thing she consciously noticed was the scar beneath his left eye-brow. In a flash, she remembered how it got to be there. She was 9. Rohan & Arnav were playing cricket in the front lawn of Nikunja. & although Rohan had promised her that she was playing with them too, all they let him do was fetch the ball when it went far. & Khushi had soon figured out she was being humored. Like always, all of her anger directed itself onto Arnav. If he wasn't there in the first place, Rohan would need someone, namely Khushi, to play along if he wanted to play cricket at all. She had marched over to Rohan, snatched the ball from Rohan's hand & threw it in full force towards Arnav's head. The ball had hit him over his eyes, & at the sight of profuse bleeding, a horrified Rohan & a terrified Khushi had run to him. Still he hadn't looked at Khushi, & ensured Rohan he wasn't in as much pain as the bleeding suggested & he'd be fine once he put a band aid on it.

It was weird for even someone as crazy as Khushi, that all she could think about, while Arnav was gripping her arms in a bruising clutch, was that, if he had gone to have stitches that day, he wouldn't probably have this scar today. Then she mentally admonished herself for feeling guilty about the scar, because he probably liked it that way as it only accentuated his sex appeal. & as Khushi's sane brain caught up with the thoughts her crazy brain had just had, she instantly gave a start & with that became aware of her sorroundings, & what had happened inside the house with Anjali. & as if sensing she had come back to earth from whatever crazy space she had gone away to, Arnav briefly shook her form violently, & rasped in an angry voice, "What the f**k is you f**kin' problem? No one.. & I repeat, no one gets away after speaking that way to my Di. Not even pesky little brats, who thinks the whole world revolvs around them, so they can do whatever the f**k they wanna do without thinking about consequences. How dare you put my sister down like that infront of everybody?" Khushi actually flinched from the impact of his booming voice.

Then, squirming violently, she freed herself from his deathly grip & as soon as she could put a bit of distance between their bodies, she spit out, "You wanna know what my f**king problem is? Not that I care enough about you to let you know, but, my problem is you! YOU! You had to go on & wish to gift a brand new house to your dear sister. & now, because, obviously, Anjali ji is gonna live in the house her Chhote had so nicely bought for her after their wedding, my home is getting sold. You must be pretty happy that now you are even getting me kicked out of my own home!" She heaved as she got that out, & she could see his eyes getting rounded on his face incredulously. & then he came a step forward & grabbing her left hand gave her a little jerk, "I am getting you kicked out of your house? That's a huge house in Delhi's most expensive residential area. The upkeep on that house takes every last coin that Uncle & Rohan can earn. Sooner or later, they would have been froced to sell Nikunja."

Khushi looked at him with a horrified expression on her face, "Wha-? But.. If things were that bad surely Bauji & Bhaiya would tell us." Arnav flung away her arm from his grip & gave a sarcatic laugh, "Yeah, judging by your current reaction, you should have been the first person they told about this." Khushi was so stung by his deragotory tone, that she took a threatening step towards him, "They should have told me before they told you, at least. Because that's my family, not yours. & that will never be your family, no matter how much you follow Bhaiya around with a lost & anguished expression on your face." She saw the vains of Arnav's jaws start to throb alarmingly as he almost bit out the words, "Who wants to be a part of the family that has you as a member? But unfortunately, Di is gonna be part of that family, as she & Rohan love each other. & so, you're now gonna go inside & apologize to her, amply, & you will remember never again to talk that way to Arnav Singh Raizada's sister!"

As Khushi felt waves of anger coming from his whole form directed towards her own, she shivered a little & put her hands over her own arms, hugging herself, & said in a hollow voice, "I was gonna go & apologize to her. Not because you said so, but because I regret talking to my future Bhabi that way & I know it was wrong." & with a form-shaking sigh, she looked up at him. & suddenly, Arnav felt hard-pressed for breaths. A slanting ray of sun had come through the gaps of some leaves of the Gulmohar tree standing behind him & they fell across her face, her hair, her neck. & maybe because she was angry or maybe because it simply was that way, her skin & her eyes both seemed to shine in two very different shades of gold. & to be so close to her that their bodies almost touched, Arnav felt he'd go blind any moment from looking at this dazzling girl.

Khushi watched him as he looked at her with an almost dazed expression on his face, & thinking that, he was wondering about how insensitive she was, she said defensively, "I know I shouldn't have said that & the Jalebi's weren't half bad, but, it's just that I can't help feeling this resentment towards her, thinking, that if only she wanted to live in Nikunja after marriage, then Bhaiya, Bauji & all of us would be forced make a way of coping.." She came to a halting stop as she suddenly felt warm fingers trailing over the skin of the column of her neck & as she looked down, she saw the knuckles of Arnav's left hand tracing the sunlit area of her neck. Then she looked up with a start at the sound of his low voice, "Your eyes look like liquid gold when the sun shines on them."

Khushi felt a curious quivery feeling down at the very pit of her stomach, & she jerked out of his reach. Then she looked at Arnav horrified, did he just do & say what she thinks he just did & said? & before she gave into her impulse to take flight for the second time that morning, the first thing she noticed was, Arnav was looking shockingly at his fingers, still suspended in mid-air, as if thinking, how did they get there in the first place?

As Arnav saw Khushi running away from him as if demons were after her, he put his hand down & squeezed his eyes shut in an attempt to control the rage he could feel building inside, directed towards himself. But as he felt the anger subsiding a little as a result of his deep calming breathing exercise, he could feel the annoyance at his own stupidity only rise exponentially.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Khushi went around distributing the prasads to various elderly Aunties & Uncles, she wondered about one man in particular who was grouchier than all of these Uncles put together. Then her eyes fell on Anjali across the room. Surely he wouldn't stay away from his Di's side for  so long. Where was he? & then she shrugged, mentally chiding herself. It was a good thing he wasn't present here, & there was no need to question the reason behind a blessing. As she raised her eyes, still half-tangled in her thoughts, she saw Anjali smiling merrily at her, & Khushi's heart immediately warmed, as she remembered how kind Anjali had been when she had gone on to apologize to her in the presence of all the members of both the families, except Arnav, before the puja began. She had understood Khushi's woes & fears at the thought of loosing her home. & as she had hugged Khushi to shut her up when the latter continued saying sorry repeatedly, Anjali had whispered for Khushi's ears only, that she would talk to Rohan about what could be done to avoid selling Nikunja.

Suddenly Khushi was jolted back to reality as she saw two large hands neatly placed one above the other in an offering to receive the prasad. She looked up to see the laughing eyes of the nicer Raizada brother, Akaash. Khushi beamed at him naturally, & placed a 'Boondi ka Laddoo' on the middle of his palm affectionately & said, "Akaash ji, I have been meaning to congratulate you! You've picked a fabulous theme for the party, 'Fun & Flirty'!" Khushi winked as she finished. Akaash smiled amicably & divulged, "Actually it's not my idea. NK bhai suggested it." Khushi's brows drew together in a frown, as she asked confusedly, "& why is NK suggesting themes for a party he is not even gonna be a part of? Seriously, Akaash ji, he hasn't visited since the spring break & that's more than 8 months ago! Don't you guys miss him?" Khushi pouted with mock annoyance. Akaash threw his head back at that & laughed with a guffaw, "Well, Khushi, you obviously miss him! & now I think I should have informed you earlier, considering you feel that way about him," he winked to impart his meaning, then continued, "he came in the morning flight. When Bhai returns from the Headquarters, he'd pick up NK enroute & they'd both be here for the party."

Khushi's ears perked immediately up at the mention of that particular man, who is rapidly picking up the habit of touching & talking to her inappropriately & then going AWOL on her, & she said in a hopefully flippant tone, "Um.. Oh, so that's why Arnav ji didn't attend the Puja? Because, he had business to attend to & he had to pick Nk..?" Akaash stopped her mid-sentence by rapidly shaking his head, "Unh-unh. Because there was a Puja, Bhai fished a meeting out to attend to. He's an athiest, remember?" Khushi nodded rapidly, remembering now. As she was about to open her mouth to grill Akaash a bit about his Bhai, she felt a hand on her shoulder & turning around she found her mother standing there, "Khusi! You're still around here? Go, start getting ready. That's the only way you would finish up in time for the party." Shrugging at Akaash ruefully, Khushi turned around & started towards the guest house to start getting ready.

Precap:

"So, your sense of adventure ranges just from parading yourself half-naked around the town to flirting & dancing in the arms of willing boys. But drinks are not included in them, am I right?"

Khushi felt like her head was gonna explode with the sudden fury that clouded her head & made all the blood rush to her eyes. She put both of her hands between their bodies to put as much distance between them as she could & hissed, "If I wasn't sure your Di & my Bhaiya were somewhere nearby as a potential witness to this dirty thing you have started here, I swear I would have downed that shot glass over you head! What's it to you what I wear & with whom I flirt & dance? What?! Is no one willing to dance & flirt with you? Is that what you think? Is that your problem? Well, look around, & I am sure you'd find plenty here, who'd be willing to distract you so much, that you won't even notice if I danced with 10 boys simultaneously!" Shouting that she tried to free herself from the crook of his arm, but to her shocked surprise, like a spring, she found herself pulled even more closer to his body than she was before.

Arnav's left hand rose & he trailed a finger along her jaw, his face shuttered as he said matter-of-factly, "Don't underestimate yourself. It'd be hard for any woman to distract someone from your dramas. & as for there being plenty here who'd be willing to take up the task of distracting me? Well.. I am afraid, Khushi, not everyone finds me as irresistible as you obviously do."

& don't forget to press 'like' if you do like & reviews are as always most welcome!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by farah53 - 11 years ago
Wow i'm so happy to be get the 1st position😊

The cliff hanger makes us more eager to read ur next update..!!

Now it'll be more interesting to see a jealous ArnavπŸ˜†
Edited by tasmine - 11 years ago
Girl!!!

Why do yo always leave us with such cliffhanger precaps??

They literally make me hold my breath and wait for the next update

So NK is hereπŸ˜ƒ... I'm sure he is gonna do a great job of pissing our Arnav off

judging by the precap he is so jealous 

What do I have to do to bribe you to update superfast??? 

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE

Love ya
Edited by SamiyaIPKKND - 11 years ago
Nice! Arnav is clearly smitten by Kushi though he is not willing to admit to himself. Now , that NK is coming, can we see green eyed monster in full swing?πŸ˜ƒ Edited by sumali - 11 years ago
Oh My each update leaves me speechless and now this precap OH MY!!!
Loved it...their Nok jhok...had been missing it...superb part,,,
Poor Arnav.. I just love when he looses his control and does all unintended things.
Precap is really tempting..
Good work  and hey thanks for the PM
Thanks for the Pm.. I am so much into this FF, I keep on checking my inbox to see if there is any PM from you.. Pls update soon..
Arnav z stupid..
instd of understndin her situatn..he was shoutin at her for bein rude 2 Anjali..
well she apologizd..:)
nt on his wrds..bt she must hav felt lyk apologizin..so she did..
nw..
NK z cumin..
ne jealousy track?
i wnder wt was hppnin in d precap..
it seemd as if he was bein protectiv..possessiv n jealous..
as she was dncin wid sum random guy may b?
her dress z alwz a cntr of attractn 4 him..
n Khushi's ans.2 him..was lol
yaa xctly..der r soo many he cn luk 4...y he keeps on lukin at her n her dress?
control Arnav control..
she alrdy has a crush on u..
soo she's nt avoidin u..
rthr makin u fall in lov wid her..:D:)
lovin it,.:)
doo pm me wen u updte more..πŸ˜›πŸ˜›thnxx😊😊
Amazing update...Arnav's rage on Khushi, love their Nok-jhok...he's loosing control slowly!
and wow...NK and Akash into the story now...are you gonna hook up NK and khushi? I would love to see jealous arnav! and hope Khushi and her family don't leave Nikunja...😳
Thanks for the pm😊