ArShi FF: Something About You Thread#1 *COMPLETED* - Page 33

Posted: 11 years ago
nce update

hahaha poor khushi d ASR started teasing cool
Hey guys, before I say anything else today, Eid Mubarak! I hope this Eid brings immense joy & happiness to everyone..

& here's Part 6. Enjoy!

Part 6

As Khushi stepped out of the small Chevrolet Spark, that Rohan had bought after he had the chance to save up some money after getting his job, she looked around the estate Raizada's had in Gurgaon. It was a huge estate of over 5 acres of plot area & 9000 sq ft of built up area with an outhouse, tennis court, a swimming pool, a natural lily pond, Italian sculptures all over the area & what not, & Khushi felt as though she were stepping into the furnace of hell as she stepped away from Rohan after handing her bags to him. She looked around for anyone from their host family. & she told herself firmly, she wasn't looking for some arrogant ass in particular. Then, she spotted the arrogant ass she was not looking for. & he was casually strolling in the distance with his hand in his pants' pockets, with Lavanaya freaking Kashyap practically hanging on from his left arm as she appeared to be showing off his own estate to him. 

Khushi fisted her hands tightly, feeling her nails digging in her inner palms painfully, & she told herself as she wrenched her eyes away from the disturbing image that, she was angry at La for fraternizing with the enemy & she was not at all angry at Arnav, as she didn't have any right to be angry with him even if he chose to flirt with 1000 of skanks. Ok, maybe, she was a little angry at him for talking inappropriately with her, but that's all. Other than that, she couldn't care less if Arnav Singh Raizada suddenly vanished from the face of the earth, like he did 10 years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav knew the exact moment that she stepped out of the car & annoyed at his sudden super-annoying sixth sense that only seemed to work when little princess Gupta was involved, he sniggered in his mind thinking, who wouldn't know she was here? She insisted on wearing bright colors like she was doing now, she was loud like she was being now, her skin sparkled when the sun shone on it like it did now & not to mention how her hair glowed.. What the-? That's what three days of resolution came down to? She just had to step out in that cobalt-blue flowery sun dress with a golden sliver of belt around her tiny wist, with her nude pumps, her hair gleaming, creating a halo around her perfect face, & poof!.. He started drooling like a gawky teenager! 

undefined

Arnav trained his stubborn eyes away from her pretty form & cursed under his breath. Why did it have to be her, why couldn't it be La, who refused to let go of his arm, since she stuck herself to it like a leech almost two hours ago? But oh hell, Lavanya was annoying the shit out of him! Then he saw his Di going towards the Gupta's, who had by now been welcomed warmly by the rest of the family members. & as he saw his sister bending down to touch Rohan's parents' feet, he firmly disentangled his arm from La's strong grip. Duty called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi sat in the spacious hall of the farmhouse & prayed under her breath that Arnav wouldn't make an appearance with what seemed like his latest arm candy. But it looked as if it was not a day when any of her prayers would be answered, because Arnav entered through the main door with La close on his heels, not arm in arm anymore, Khushi noted with relief. La came directly to her & demanded in a slightly vexed tone, "K, you didn't tell me you were staying in Arnav's outhouse?" Khushi's eyebrows shot up by a fraction as she noted the familiar use of Arnav's name, & she said equally irritatedly, "That's cos I didn't know till Bhaiya told me yesterday afternoon. What are you doing here so early? The puja isn't till afternoon, right?"

La quirked an eyebrow at Khushi's never-before-seen shrewdness & divulged, "Um, Mom & Dad decided to come yesterday, as we haven't been to here since long & I just came by to see if Anjali ji needed any help with the preparations." Khushi immediately felt guilty about charging at the girl unnecessarily. The Kashyap's had a much smaller farmhouse too in the vicinity & La had come to the few other parties or functions held here by Anjali or Akaash, so it was really no crime for her to drop in & say hi. Khushi stood up, went over to her friend & said holding her hand, "Don't be late for the puja, La. Without you I'd be bored out of my skull!" La saw her peace offering for what it was & with a brief smile hugged her. Then she said a quick farewell to everyone in the hall, went over to Arnav & to everyone's sheer amazement placed a quick kiss on his cheek & sauntered out cat-walking like a super model.

Khushi sat there, incensed beyond comprehension & refused to look at anyone in the room, specially that one person, who three days ago was saying inappropriate things to her in the dead of the night, & now he was parading Lavanya Kashyap dangling from his arms in the broad daylight. Bloody inappropriate sucker! As Arnav looked at her downcast head, he took in the unreadable stony expression on her face, & he had the sudden irrational urge to drag her outside & tease her mercilessly, either with his words or his actions, just to induce her into showing some reaction, preferably anger, more preferably directed at him. But before he could fantasize about the ways to tease little princess Gupta, he heard Rohan start to speak & before he could even reach for his Di & sit beside her, the ball dropped. Rohan announced, with a distinct tinge of pride in his voice which only made Arnav idolize the guy more than he already did, that Anjali had finally agreed to marry him after 9 years of courtship & 4 years of proposing.

Khushi didn't know how the other's felt, but she felt dumbstruck. There was no other word for it. & dumb they all were. Because, nobody could accuse Rohan & Anjali of sneaking behind their backs. They were always publicly very friendly, & showed a certain amount of respect & fondness for each other, their families & their opinions. As Khushi replayed all the moments she had witnessed any exchange between the two, she realized the only reason she never suspected the two of having an affair was simply because they seemed too saintly to have such things as affairs. Other than that, if anyone didn't figure out about the affair, it's really their own fault for being too gullible.

Suddenly, she looked up at the sound of distressed voices, & saw Anjali was kneeling before a visibly shaken up Garima, & she was saying how she always refused Rohan's proposals, as she knew every mother had some dreams about their son's marriage & a limp daughter-in-law didn't fit in those dreams. & as Khushi saw Garima's inexpert face betray her emotions, she knew Anjali was right & Garima did have a problem with the limp, & Khushi winced inwardly at this. As she opened her eyes, her eyes fell directly on Arnav, & he was looking ominously at his sister & her mother. Khushi instantly looked at her brother & saw that he & Payal were looking at each other & suddenly as if feeling her eyes on him, Rohan looked over at her, & then Payal followed. 

It was hard to explain to anyone else, but this kind of connection was only shared between siblings with a unique attachment among themselves, that often a look between them can convey messages that hundred words couldn't. After more than a couple of seconds of shared eye-locks, the three Gupta siblings nodded briefly & Khushi spoke up, "Amma, you always said how highly you thought of Anjali ji & how anyone who judged her by anything other than her goodness & kindness was insensitive &.." But she was cut short by Garima's sharp scold, "Khushi! I have told you not to interrupt when elders are talking." & suddenly when things seemed about to spin out of control, Rohan said in a hushed tone, "Amma, for me, it's either Anjali or no one."

Shashi Gupta suddenly threw away the respectful silence he was practicing to give his wife some time to cope with the news by letting out her feelings, but as he saw the honest longing & quiet determination in his always dutiful sons face, he put an arm around Garima's shoulder, effectively calming her down for the moment instantly, & said in a dignified tone, "Beta, I am so glad that finally today you've come forward & actually requested for something that you want for yourself. You never gave us the chance of indulging you, taking care of us from whenever you could. Your mother & I don't need anything more than your happiness. You know how she worries about you, that's why she is a bit confused about all of this." Then he directed his words at Anjali's Nani, "Forgive us for not behaving with as much joy as the occasion warrants, Devyani ji, it's all actually very sudden for all of us." Then he placed his right hand over Anjali's head, & said in a voice heavy with emotion, "But I know how kind-hearted & generous Anjali Bitiya is, & I welcome her into our family with the hope that she brings every joy in our son's life that we ever wished for."

Anjali smiled gratefully at the kind man & moved to touch his face & then she moved away to give Rohan space to go & hug both his parents. Garima seemed to have composed herself for the moment & she hugged Anjali quite courteously. Then Rohan took their blessing & he said, holding his Amma's hands, "Amma, I know, how you & Bauji want to go back to Lucknow, once we marry-off Payal & Bachchi. & after Payal & Karan's wedding, I feel we wouldn't have to look too long for Bachchi." As Rohan shot a laughing look to his visibly uncomfortable sister, he didn't notice the formidable scowl that clouded his long-time best friend & soon to be brother-in-law's feature. & then suddenly, he looked over at the brother-in-law in question, who quickly trained his expression to show calm enjoyment, & said, "Arnav actually wanted to gift Anjali a small duplex & I.. Well, he talked with me to oversee the transactions to keep it a surprise from Anjali, so I took a loan from my bank & invested 2/3rds in the house. It's in Ansari Nagar & if you guys don't mind, we'll like to shift there after marriage. We can all shift in that house, Bauji. It's small & much less expensive than Nikunja. You know how we are struggling with the taxes & upkeep of Nikunja. So you guys can sell Nikunja & Bauji can reinvest some money in the sweet shop in Lucknow & keep others for the girls in fixed deposits. & you guys can live with Anjali & me & travel to Lucknow whenever you can."

Khushi felt the breath had been knocked out of her lungs, & she watched with horror that despite Payal's worried surprise, neither her father nor her mother looked particularly horrified at the idea, as if expecting it. Khushi took a gulp of breath to steady her heaving heart, were they already thinking about selling Nikunja? Khushi looked over to her Bauji, if things were too bad, won't Bauji tell her. He told her everything else! Then she again looked at the quietly dignified form holding his wife's shoulder with one arm & his other hand rubbing his son's shoulder comfortingly, as if telling him, I am with you in this, son. Khushi looked down at the floor to stop the ground before her eyes from spinning, would he tell her if there were real financial problems? Well, she had been his independent daughter since she passed her A levels, giving out tuitions in the neighborhood. & the expensive society she lived in ensured that she earned a pretty hefty sum. It was enough to finance her studies, her obsession for clothes, & she had some savings too. & if only Bauji would relay his problems to her, she would have been able to help him a little too. But he hadn't. He didn't want to burden her with this & now they were talking about selling their home!

Khushi suddenly looked up & stared at Anjali directly. If only she would want to live in Nikunja after married, this wouldn't be happening. As it is, after Payal & she got married, Amma-Bauji would travel back & forth between Lucknow & here. So it would basically be bhaiya & her living in Nikunja. Couldn't she convince bhaiya to not sell it? But no, she had to go & live in the house her brother wanted her to live in. Bloody brother-sister duo. Just then Anjali came & stuffed a Jalebi in Khushi's mouth, saying gleefully, "I made it for you as Rohan said you loved these, so go on, have a taste. Tell me if they are any good, as you're clearly the neighborhood Master chef of Jalebi making." She smiled sweetly at Khushi, & every other face in the hall actually smiled a little or lot seeing this cute vision.

Khushi looked at Anjali's smiling face & it seemed to mock her, saying, 'I get a new house, while yours gets sold!' She gulped the Jalebi down without tasting it, & said in a wooden voice, "It's rubbery & bland." & without looking at anyone else, she walked out of the hall into the open lawn leading to the apple orchard. As Khushi walked out though, she could feel that tingly feeling as if a pair of glaring eyes burned a hole in the back of her head, & she could bet her life on whom those eyes belonged to.

Precap:

"I was gonna go & apologize to her. Not because you said so, but because I regret talking to my future Bhabi that way & I know it was wrong." & with a form-shaking sigh, she looked up at him. & suddenly, Arnav felt hard-pressed for breaths. A slanting ray of sun had come through the gaps of some leaves of the Gulmohar tree standing behind him & they fell across her face, her hair, her neck. & maybe because she was angry, or maybe because it simply was that way, her skin & her eyes both seemed to shine in two very different shades of golden. & to be so close to her that their bodies almost touched, Arnav felt he'd go blind any moment from looking at this dazzling girl.

Khushi watched him as he looked at her with an almost dazed expression on his face, & thinking that, he was wondering about how insensitive she was, she said defensively, "I know I shouldn't have said that & the Jalebi's weren't half bad, but, it's just that I can't help feeling this resentment towards her, thinking, that if only she wanted to live in Nikunja after marriage, then Bhaiya, Bauji & all of us would be forced to make a way of coping.." She came to a halting stop as she suddenly felt warm fingers trailing over the skin of the column of her neck & as she looked down, she saw the knuckles of Arnav's left hand tracing the sunlit area of her neck. Then she looked up with a start at the sound of his low voice, "Your eyes look like liquid gold when the sun shines on them."

Press 'like' if you do like & as always your reviews are most welcome..

& once again Eid Mubarak!🥳
Edited by farah53 - 11 years ago
yes yes finaaly i m 1st...sammy di :P...look i bribed her more than u,she is no more honest corrupt writer😆

nw finally cming to update
it is osm ,the best gift u can give on this special day😊.
Eid Mubarak 🤗
Edited by crizal - 11 years ago
nice update!!!

i didn't understand the whole nikunja problem

the precap was interesting and just can't  wait for it
Edited by arnavbarun - 11 years ago
wow yaar.!

the precap sounds all dreamy dreamy.!

m lost in it.!