Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: smitzy

not tonight darling... kal pakka.. I had guests over for a dinner party tonight.. just got free now πŸ€’

Koi nahi...atleast i can go to sleep now! πŸ˜›
Kurup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
superb..superb and simply superbbb...the raizadas are reallly very smart and the head of the family, Mr, ASR has brains...

thnx for the PM..
asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

Koi nahi...atleast i can go to sleep now! πŸ˜›

Swethaaa!!!
She loves me too much ...dekha no update today !!!! Buuahahahah !!!!
πŸ˜ƒ
PS - I just cudnt resist, HAD to log in LOL ...aisa kyun hota hai ? 😲
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
chap 17 scene 1
nice part...
cont soon dear...
smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kurup

superb..superb and simply superbbb...the raizadas are reallly very smart and the head of the family, Mr, ASR has brains...

thnx for the PM..

haha indeed πŸ˜Š
smitzy thumbnail

*None of my work can be copied without explicit written permission from me. It's not polite to steal ideas.*

Chapter 17 Scene 2

[Purani Haveli, Nani's room]

The sun has set for the day and the evening sky is tinged with streaks of the twilight. Roopmati and Geeta are lighting up the old oil lamps all around the courtyard corridors of Purani Haveli. It is strange that these old lamps are still in perfectly good shape despite their age. Khushi had offered earlier to help only to be politely refused by Roopmati who couldn't imagine something more scandalous than a guest helping her with chores. So Khushi is now sitting with Nani and Anjali spending some time with them.

Nani is sitting upright on her four poster bed leaning against the bed header. She is amusedly watching Khushi talking animatedly to Anjali. She notices Khushi sinking into fitful phases of silence at regular intervals but doesn't prod her for information. All she knows is that Arnav had called her a few hours ago and had requested for Anjali and Nani to make Khushi stay back. Nani had detected a note of worry in his voice as well, but she knew better than to ask her grandson his reasons at an urgent time like that. But it wasn't that hard to guess. From what Anjali had confirmed to her a few days ago, her grandson was still very much in love with Khushi and he wanted to bring her back into his life. So it was pretty obvious now that Khushi was at Purani Haveli, he didn't want her to leave till he returned from Delhi. It had taken just a few minutes for Nani and Anjali to whip up a plan which Nani knew Khushi couldn't say no to.

"To Naniji, aapka kya khayal hai?" Anjali suddenly turns to face the matriarch of the house enquiringly. Naniji looks back blankly at her, caught completely unawares of the discussion going on between her granddaughter and Khushi.

"Kis bare mein Anjali bitiya?" she asks Anjali to be clear.

"Yahi, ki humare Dilli lautne par, Khushiji aapse milne Shantivan aaya karengi," Anjali explains with a conspiratorial smile. Nani smiles back at her granddaughter.

"Yii to bahut hi badhiya hoga," Nani agrees. Khushi's look of worry is back. "Kaa hua Khusee bitiya? Aap apni Naniji se milne nahin aayengi kaa?" Nani asks Khushi who immediately looks scandalised.

"Arre, nahin Naniji, aisa kuch nahin hai. Aap jab bulayengi hum zaroor aayenge. Hum bas ye soch rahe the ki ab to Jeeji wapis Shantivan jane wali hai. To hamari gair maujoodgi mein woh aapki khayal rakhne ke liye hongi," Khushi explains. Nani exchanges a glance with Anjali.

"Theek hai Khushiji, to Payalji Nani ka khayal rakhengi, aur aap hamara. Ab to aap ayengi na?" Anjali says good humoredly caressing her pregnant belly which makes Khushi start laughing. She nods to Anjali in her reply.

"Waise, aapko ghar bulana to bas ek bahana hai Khushiji," Anjali says. Khushi looks at her confusedly.

"Kya?" she asks rising her eyebrows. Nani looks at Anjali wide eyed fearing she was going to reveal their plan. But Anjali smiles on like nothing had happened.

"Matlab, aap ghar aayengi, to hum aapse mil sakenge aur aapse dher saari baatein bhi kar payenge," Anjali replies with a smile. Khushi smiles back warmly at her. Di kitni achhi hain, she thinks to herself. Right then, Aakash walks into Nani's room. The three ladies are distracted at look at him curiously. Aakash glances at Nani and Anjali assuredly. Khushi immediately stands up.

"Jeeja ji? Aap Jeeji aur Amma ko ghar chod aaye kya?" Khushi asks him. Aakash nods in reply.

"Haan Khushiji. Maine unhe ghar drop bhi kar diya hai, aur Bauji ko hospital se discharge bhi kar diya hai," Aakash replies again walking out of the room. Khushi quickly looks at Nani apologetically and mutely asks her for permission to go after Aakash to speak to him. Nani nods.

"Jeejaji!" Khushi calls after Aakash who was now climbing up the grand staircase on his way to his room. He stops and turns around.

"Bauji kaise hain ab?" Khushi asks running after him.

"Woh theek hain Khushiji. Aaram kar rahe hain. Aap baad mein Payal se baat kar lijiyega," Aakash replies. Khushi pauses hesistantly. Aakash reads her demeanour correctly for he adds reassuringly, "aap chinta mat kariye Khushiji. Unhe aaj din mein hue problem ke bare mein abhi tak kuch pata nahin chala hai." Khushi sighs in visible relief.

"Bhai ne 8 baje ek press conference organize ki hai is poore problem ke liye, agar aap dekhna chahein to..." Aakash's words linger into silence. Khushi stares at him for a moment and then looks away absorbing his words. Kya hum wakai mein unhe media se baat karte sunna chahte hain? She wonders. But then she remembers the small voice in her head that had accused the whole fiasco to have been Arnav's doing and she makes up her mind.

"Theek hai Jeejaji. Hum raat ka khana jaldi khatam kar ke aapke saath baith ke dekhenge," Khushi confirms to Aakash who nods his head and starts walking back towards his room. Khushi notices that NK was no where to be seen. "Jeejaji?" she calls Aakash again who stops at the top of the stairs and looks back at Khushi enquiringly.

"Nanhe ji to aap hi ke saath gaye the na?" Khushi asks. Aakash suddenly grins at her.

"Haan, par NK Bhai zara Gomti Nagar ghum ke aane wale hain," he says humoredly and even laughs to himself at some private joke. Khushi stares at him resuming his walk towards his room in confusion. She too descends down the stairs on her way back to Nani's room wondering, Gomti Nagar mein ghumne layak aisi kaun si jagah hai?

[Raizada Mansion, Delhi]

Pitch blackness envelops the whole house showing that the residents were obviously not home. Even the Prakash brothers didn't bother lighting up any of the rooms post sunset. What was the use when none of the family members were expected back till another day or two? A beam of torch light cuts through the darkness as the bearer makes his way surreptitiously into the house from the back entrance. He had studied the whole house quite well in the past few days including all the entry and exit points and had managed to compromise a few of them as well. Now it was pretty much a walk in the park for him to gain entry into the house at his whim.

He pulled out one of the many square devices out of his pocket and patiently started setting it up on the branches of the tree by the poolside of Arnav's room. It took him just over 10 minutes including hiding up the wires behind the leaves. Now that half of Shantivan had been wired with these high definition cameras he really was becoming a pro at it. He then guided himself to the corner of the sliding doors. He glanced at his watch. It was just over 7:30. He still had plenty of time till 10:00 PM when the night watchman came over to guard the rear entrance. Being satisfied with the arrangements in place, he quietly retreated back up the stairs towards Mamiji's room without making any noise. Today would be the last day for fittings and then Shyam Manohar Jha would have eyes set inside the Raizada Mansion.

[Much later at night, Purani Haveli, Aakash's room]

Khushi knocks on the door to hear a faint "Come in" in reply. She opens the door and walks in to find Aakash sitting on the edge of his bed facing the television, looking ready with the remote in his hand. He stands up when Khushi walks into the room.

"Aaiye Khusiji, Press Conference bas shuru hi hone wali hai," he says and extends his arm towards the edge of the bed where he had been sitting. Khushi nods and wordlessly sits down. She had had enourmous trouble in gulping down food during dinner. She had barely even registered the taste of the food and had hastily replied "bahut badhiya hai" when Roopmati had asked her what she liked most. Roopmati had walked away looking confused.

Khushi had seen press conferences of ministers airing on news channels before; the venue was normally a huge hall in one of the big hotels with a long table where a lot of fat politicians used to sit. The press sat facing them and would ask them questions which the politicians would reply best to their knowledge. She had also seen tiffs between the media persons and the ministers at times. So she had mentally prepared herself for something similar.

So imagine Khushi's surprise when she sees a woman addressing the media standing in what looked like AR Designs' boardroom. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Aradhna, the PR for AR Designs. I welcome you all on behalf of AR Designs. As announced earlier, you have been invited here for a press release by Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada regarding the developments of today morning. So without wasting another moment, I'd like to call him amidst us. Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada," she announces looking towards the door. A smattering of applause breaks out as Arnav, dressed in a sleek grey suit marches in confidently and makes his way to the head of the round table.

Arnav looks straight into the screen and for a moment, Khushi feels as if he is staring directly at her. She instantly feels something funny in the pit of her stomach.

"Following some rather disturbing developments today, I decided to call this press conference and clear some air," Arnav starts off confidently. His tone is level, although his facial expressions are stern, quickly establishing a no-nonsense environment in the boardroom from the outset. He takes a breath and continues, "PSR News Channel has been displaying a CCTV footage since morning with character damaging implications concerning my..." Arnav pauses for a moment and clears his throat, "... concerning a Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta and myself." Khushi realises she is holding her breath. "This utterly absurd piece of sensationalistic journalism is not tolerable at any cost." Arnav continues and there is a slight edge of anger in his voice now. Khushi glances at Aakash sacredly who nods back assuredly at her. Khushi looks back at the screen.

"As of 3 P.M.," Arnav continues with a deadpan expression, "the footage has been taken off air. AR Designs is suing PSR Channel for invasion of privacy. The lawsuit has been registered in the Civil Courts of Lucknow." Arnav looks down at the papers kept on the round table in front of him. "My private investigators have confirmed that it was a hospital employee who happened to have chanced upon the said footage and in a bid to make some quick money decided to sell the footage to the said news channel. I've initiated criminal proceedings against him for character defamation. I believe the hospital has also registered an FIR charging him with unlawful possession and distribution of hospital property."

The boardroom erupts into whispers as the media persons absorb this sudden deluge of information. Khushi's eyes are fixed on the screen as she reads the hindi transcripts scrolling at the bottom of the screen. It seemed like Arnav was on fire, the way he was effortlessly and, if she could add, ruthlessly, delivering how he was set to ruin the news channel. Khushi's eyes snapped up to look at the angry stare of Arnav again; this was the man she knew when she had joined his office last year. It felt surreal to her; a sense of dj vu if you please.

Arnav's voice softens a bit as he continues the last part of his press release. "Raizadas have always respected the media because of their respect towards our privacy. But the moment anything, and I repeat, ANYTHING jeopardises this fine balance, I will not accept it." Arnav's threatening baritone ricochets off the walls of the boardroom in the absolute silence that had descended in the room now. After taking another sweeping glance at the room, Arnav announces, "I'll take your questions now."

And the whole room speaks up all at once. Arnav narrows his eyes at them. He raises his hand to motion them for silence. He then points to the elegantly dressed lady sitting in the front.

"Ms. Bawa, The Herald," the lady stands up identifying herself. "Mr. Raizada, how close is the police in nabbing the person behind this fiasco?"

"As of now," Arnav replies, "the culprit is still at large. But I have been assured by the DGP of Lucknow that the Police are trying their best. So should be a matter of time." Ms. Bawa nods and sits down. Arnav points at a man sitting to his left.

"Mohit from ARF News," a young man replies as Arnav points to him. "Are you taking any actions against the hospital as well?"

"My lawyers are in talks with those of the hospital as we speak, deciding if we would be pressing any charges against the Hospital administration," Arnav replies in a business like voice.

"Rahul, Zed News," he announces. Arnav nods. "Khushi Kumari Gupta se aapka rishta kyun toota tha?" Khushi straightens up and stares at the screen wondering if she had heard the question right. Arnav narrows his eyes obviously irritated. He didn't like any deviation from the safe questions.

"Humare beech..." Arnav pauses. "Mera matlab hai, mujhe ek misunderstanding ho gayi thi," Arnav replies in a clipped voice and points to another person. Khushi stares at the screen. Had Arnav just proclaimed to the whole wide world that he had been the sole reason of breaking their wedding? The next reporter was already standing with her question

"Kya ye sach hai ki Ms. Gupta ki mother aur aapke father ke beech najayaz rishta tha?" Arnav ground his teeth in fury and shot an angry glance at Aradhna. It had been her idea to have a question answer round, whereas Arnav knew it would just provide more flesh to these hungry vultures circling around his head. Khushi slips down on to the floor in shock at hearing the question. Ye log kaise sawaal pooch rahe hain Arnavji se? She watches Arnav for his reaction with bated breath.

"Ms. Gupta ki mother aur mere father ke beech kabhi bhi koi bhi rishta nahi tha," Arnav clarifies in a clear voice. "In fact, Rajeev Mallik ke advances ko Khushi ki mother ne reject kar diye the kyunki Mr. Mallik us time shadi shuda the. She has a clean character and so does her daughter Khushi." Khushi releases the breath she had been holding within, suddenly feeling light headed with relief.

"To aap ye kehna chahte hain, ki uss video mein jo ladki aapke saath dikhi thi, woh Khushi nahin thi?" someone else asked without bothering to introduce himself.

Arnav stares straight at the camera and replies, "Nahin, woh Khushi nahin thi." Khushi gasps aloud as she stares at Arnav. He was lying! And that too so blatantly, without blinking an eye! Khushi gapes at the screen as Arnav continues smoothly, "I happened to meet an old friend of mine at the hospital and wanted to clarify somethings with her. The channel in its eagerness in lambasting my character thought of nothing better than to drag Khushi into it." Arnav replies. Another bout of whispered conversations break into the boardroom now discussing the latest news.

"Who was your friend?" another disembodied voice cheekily asks to which Arnav smirks in reponse.

"You really expect me to tell you that?" he replies sarcastically and the reporters break into a nervous laughter.

"So does this mean that Arnav Singh Raizada is now over Khushi Kumari Gupta?" a young female dares to ask the question which all other reporters had been knowingly avoiding. Suddenly, the memory of Arnav's talk with Khushi in the kitchen revisits her. The way he had rested her head on hers and breathed, Maine tumhare bare mein har pal socha hai Khushi aur aage bhi sochta rahunga. Khushi went on looking at the screen keenly, watching Arnav first stare at the reporter in apparent shock, and then shake his head exasperatedly. She wondered what he was thinking.

Arnav was thinking that now that he had lied about it being a friend of his and not Khushi, the media would go on a tangent and cook up a new story about this mysterious friend. I have to put everything to rest once and for all, he decided to himself. He looks back at the camera resolutely and wordlessly lifts his right hand, the palm facing him, to face the gathering. He holds his hand steady for a moment and then says, "Do you still need an answer if I'm over Khushi?"

Khushi struggles to understand the meaning of his words first. But then the camera zooms in closer to his fingers and she lets out a loud gasp and stands up from the ground in shock of her realisation.

Glinting in the flashlight of the cameras was something wedged firmly on Arnav's ring finger: a plain solid golden engagement ring.

ENGLISH VERSION

Chapter 17 Scene 2

[Purani Haveli, Nani's room]

The sun has set for the day and the evening sky is tinged with streaks of the twilight. Roopmati and Geeta are lighting up the old oil lamps all around the courtyard corridors of Purani Haveli. It is strange that these old lamps are still in perfectly good shape despite their age. Khushi had offered earlier to help only to be politely refused by Roopmati who couldn't imagine something more scandalous than a guest helping her with chores. So Khushi is now sitting with Nani and Anjali spending some time with them.

Nani is sitting upright on her four poster bed leaning against the bed header. She is amusedly watching Khushi talking animatedly to Anjali. She notices Khushi sinking into fitful phases of silence at regular intervals but doesn't prod her for information. All she knows is that Arnav had called her a few hours ago and had requested for Anjali and Nani to make Khushi stay back. Nani had detected a note of worry in his voice as well, but she knew better than to ask her grandson his reasons at an urgent time like that. But it wasn't that hard to guess. From what Anjali had confirmed to her a few days ago, her grandson was still very much in love with Khushi and he wanted to bring her back into his life. So it was pretty obvious now that Khushi was at Purani Haveli, he didn't want her to leave till he returned from Delhi. It had taken just a few minutes for Nani and Anjali to whip up a plan which Nani knew Khushi couldn't say no to.

"So Naniji, what do you think?" Anjali suddenly turns to face the matriarch of the house enquiringly. Naniji looks back blankly at her, caught completely unawares of the discussion going on between her granddaughter and Khushi.

"about what Anjali?" she asks Anjali to be clear.

"That once we all return to Delhi, Khushiji will come to Shantivan to meet you," Anjali explains with a conspiratorial smile. Nani smiles back at her granddaughter.

"That will be excellent," Nani agrees. Khushi's look of worry is back. "What is the matter Khushi? You don't want to come to meet your Nani?" Nani asks Khushi who immediately looks scandalised.

"Arre, noNaniji, nothing like that at all. I'll come to meet you whenever you call me. I's just thinking that Jeeji is now returning to Shantivan. So in my absence she'll be there to take care of you," Khushi explains. Nani exchanges a glance with Anjali.

"okay Khushiji, so Payalji can take care of Nani and you can take care of me. Will you come then?" Anjali says good humoredly caressing her pregnant belly which makes Khushi start laughing. She nods to Anjali in her reply.

"By the way, inviting you home is just an excuse, Khushiji," Anjali says. Khushi looks at her confusedly.

"what?" she asks rising her eyebrows. Nani looks at Anjali wide eyed fearing she was going to reveal their plan. But Anjali smiles on like nothing had happened.

"I mean, if you'll come home, then I'll be able to meet you and talk a lot of things with you as well," Anjali replies with a smile. Khushi smiles back warmly at her. Di kitni achhi hain, she thinks to herself. Right then, Aakash walks into Nani's room. The three ladies are distracted at look at him curiously. Aakash glances at Nani and Anjali assuredly. Khushi immediately stands up.

"Jeeja ji? Did you drop Amma and Jeeji back home?" Khushi asks him. Aakash nods in reply.

"Yes Khushiji. I have dropped them home. Bauji has been discharged from the hospital as well," Aakash replies again walking out of the room. Khushi quickly looks at Nani apologetically and mutely asks her for permission to go after Aakash to speak to him. Nani nods.

"Jeejaji!" Khushi calls after Aakash who was now climbing up the grand staircase on his way to his room. He stops and turns around.

"How is Bauji now?" Khushi asks running after him.

"He is fine Khushiji. He is resting at home. You can talk to Payal later," Aakash replies. Khushi pauses hesistantly. Aakash reads her demeanour correctly for he adds reassuringly, "don't worry Khushiji. They don't know anything about today morning's problems." Khushi sighs in visible relief.

"Bhai has organized a press conference at 8 tonight to address this morning's fiasco. That is if you'd like to watch it..." Aakash's words linger into silence. Khushi stares at him for a moment and then looks away absorbing his words. Do I really want to hear him talk to the media about us? She wonders. But then she remembers the small voice in her head that had accused the whole fiasco to have been Arnav's doing and she makes up her mind.

"Okay Jeejaji. I'll have an early dinner and sit with you to watch it," Khushi confirms to Aakash who nods his head and starts walking back towards his room. Khushi notices that NK was no where to be seen. "Jeejaji?" she calls Aakash again who stops at the top of the stairs and looks back at Khushi enquiringly.

"Nanhe ji went with you didn't he?" Khushi asks. Aakash suddenly grins at her.

"Yes, but NK Bhai has gone sight seeing around Gomti Nagar," he says humoredly and even laughs to himself at some private joke. Khushi stares at him resuming his walk towards his room in confusion. She too descends down the stairs on her way back to Nani's room wondering, what's there to see in a place like Gomti Nagar?

[Raizada Mansion, Delhi]

Pitch blackness envelops the whole house showing that the residents were obviously not home. Even the Prakash brothers didn't bother lighting up any of the rooms post sunset. What was the use when none of the family members were expected back till another day or two? A beam of torch light cuts through the darkness as the bearer makes his way surreptitiously into the house from the back entrance. He had studied the whole house quite well in the past few days including all the entry and exit points and had managed to compromise a few of them as well. Now it was pretty much a walk in the park for him to gain entry into the house at his whim.

He pulled out one of the many square devices out of his pocket and patiently started setting it up on the branches of the tree by the poolside of Arnav's room. It took him just over 10 minutes including hiding up the wires behind the leaves. Now that half of Shantivan had been wired with these high definition cameras he really was becoming a pro at it. He then guided himself to the corner of the sliding doors. He glanced at his watch. It was just over 7:30. He still had plenty of time till 10:00 PM when the night watchman came over to guard the rear entrance. Being satisfied with the arrangements in place, he quietly retreated back up the stairs towards Mamiji's room without making any noise. Today would be the last day for fittings and then Shyam Manohar Jha would have eyes set inside the Raizada Mansion.

[Much later at night, Purani Haveli, Aakash's room]

Khushi knocks on the door to hear a faint "Come in" in reply. She opens the door and walks in to find Aakash sitting on the edge of his bed facing the television, looking ready with the remote in his hand. He stands up when Khushi walks into the room.

"Come Khusiji, the Press Conference is just about to start," he says and extends his arm towards the edge of the bed where he had been sitting. Khushi nods and wordlessly sits down. She had had enourmous trouble in gulping down food during dinner. She had barely even registered the taste of the food and had hastily replied "it's very nice" when Roopmati had asked her what she liked most. Roopmati had walked away looking confused.

Khushi had seen press conferences of ministers airing on news channels before; the venue was normally a huge hall in one of the big hotels with a long table where a lot of fat politicians used to sit. The press sat facing them and would ask them questions which the politicians would reply best to their knowledge. She had also seen tiffs between the media persons and the ministers at times. So she had mentally prepared herself for something similar.

So imagine Khushi's surprise when she sees a woman addressing the media standing in what looked like AR Designs' boardroom. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Aradhna, the PR for AR Designs. I welcome you all on behalf of AR Designs. As announced earlier, you have been invited here for a press release by Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada regarding the developments of today morning. So without wasting another moment, I'd like to call him amidst us. Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada," she announces looking towards the door. A smattering of applause breaks out as Arnav, dressed in a sleek grey suit marches in confidently and makes his way to the head of the round table.

Arnav looks straight into the screen and for a moment, Khushi feels as if he is staring directly at her. She instantly feels something funny in the pit of her stomach.

"Following some rather disturbing developments today, I decided to call this press conference and clear some air," Arnav starts off confidently. His tone is level, although his facial expressions are stern, quickly establishing a no-nonsense environment in the boardroom from the outset. He takes a breath and continues, "PSR News Channel has been displaying a CCTV footage since morning with character damaging implications concerning my..." Arnav pauses for a moment and clears his throat, "... concerning a Ms. Khushi Kumari Gupta and myself." Khushi realises she is holding her breath. "This utterly absurd piece of sensationalistic journalism is not tolerable at any cost." Arnav continues and there is a slight edge of anger in his voice now. Khushi glances at Aakash sacredly who nods back assuredly at her. Khushi looks back at the screen.

"As of 3 P.M.," Arnav continues with a deadpan expression, "the footage has been taken off air. AR Designs is suing PSR Channel for invasion of privacy. The lawsuit has been registered in the Civil Courts of Lucknow." Arnav looks down at the papers kept on the round table in front of him. "My private investigators have confirmed that it was a hospital employee who happened to have chanced upon the said footage and in a bid to make some quick money decided to sell the footage to the said news channel. I've initiated criminal proceedings against him for character defamation. I believe the hospital has also registered an FIR charging him with unlawful possession and distribution of hospital property."

The boardroom erupts into whispers as the media persons absorb this sudden deluge of information. Khushi's eyes are fixed on the screen as she reads the hindi transcripts scrolling at the bottom of the screen. It seemed like Arnav was on fire, the way he was effortlessly and, if she could add, ruthlessly, delivering how he was set to ruin the news channel. Khushi's eyes snapped up to look at the angry stare of Arnav again; this was the man she knew when she had joined his office last year. It felt surreal to her; a sense of dj vu if you please.

Arnav's voice softens a bit as he continues the last part of his press release. "Raizadas have always respected the media because of their respect towards our privacy. But the moment anything, and I repeat, ANYTHING jeopardises this fine balance, I will not accept it." Arnav's threatening baritone ricochets off the walls of the boardroom in the absolute silence that had descended in the room now. After taking another sweeping glance at the room, Arnav announces, "I'll take your questions now."

And the whole room speaks up all at once. Arnav narrows his eyes at them. He raises his hand to motion them for silence. He then points to the elegantly dressed lady sitting in the front.

"Ms. Bawa, The Herald," the lady stands up identifying herself. "Mr. Raizada, how close is the police in nabbing the person behind this fiasco?"

"As of now," Arnav replies, "the culprit is still at large. But I have been assured by the DGP of Lucknow that the Police are trying their best. So should be a matter of time." Ms. Bawa nods and sits down. Arnav points at a man sitting to his left.

"Mohit from ARF News," a young man replies as Arnav points to him. "Are you taking any actions against the hospital as well?"

"My lawyers are in talks with those of the hospital as we speak, deciding if we would be pressing any charges against the Hospital administration," Arnav replies in a business like voice.

"Rahul, Zed News," he announces. Arnav nods. "why did your relationship break with Khushi Kumari Gupta?" Khushi straightens up and stares at the screen wondering if she had heard the question right. Arnav narrows his eyes obviously irritated. He didn't like any deviation from the safe questions.

"We had a..." Arnav pauses. "I mean, I had a misunderstanding," Arnav replies in a clipped voice and points to another person. Khushi stares at the screen. Had Arnav just proclaimed to the whole wide world that he had been the sole reason of breaking their wedding? The next reporter was already standing with her question

"Is is true that there was an illicit relationship between Ms. Gupta's mother and your father?" Arnav ground his teeth in fury and shot an angry glance at Aradhna. It had been her idea to have a question answer round, whereas Arnav knew it would just provide more flesh to these hungry vultures circling around his head. Khushi slips down on to the floor in shock at hearing the question. What kind of questions are these people asking to Arnavji? She watches Arnav for his reaction with bated breath.

"There was never any relationship between Ms. Gupta's mother and my father," Arnav clarifies in a clear voice. "In fact, Rajeev Mallik's advances were rejected by her as he was married at that time. She has a clean character and so does her daughter Khushi." Khushi releases the breath she had been holding within, suddenly feeling light headed with relief.

"So do you want to tell us that the woman in the CCTV footage is not Ms. Khushi?" someone else asked without bothering to introduce himself.

Arnav stares straight at the camera and replies, "No, it wasn't Khushi." Khushi gasps aloud as she stares at Arnav. He was lying! And that too so blatantly, without blinking an eye! Khushi gapes at the screen as Arnav continues smoothly, "I happened to meet an old friend of mine at the hospital and wanted to clarify somethings with her. The channel in its eagerness in lambasting my character thought of nothing better than to drag Khushi into it." Arnav replies. Another bout of whispered conversations break into the boardroom now discussing the latest news.

"Who was your friend?" another disembodied voice cheekily asks to which Arnav smirks in reponse.

"You really expect me to tell you that?" he replies sarcastically and the reporters break into a nervous laughter.

"So does this mean that Arnav Singh Raizada is now over Khushi Kumari Gupta?" a young female dares to ask the question which all other reporters had been knowingly avoiding. Suddenly, the memory of Arnav's talk with Khushi in the kitchen revisits her. The way he had rested her head on hers and breathed, I've thought about you every moment Khushi, and will keep on thinking about you this moment onwards. Khushi went on looking at the screen keenly, watching Arnav first stare at the reporter in apparent shock, and then shake his head exasperatedly. She wondered what he was thinking.

Arnav was thinking that now that he had lied about it being a friend of his and not Khushi, the media would go on a tangent and cook up a new story about this mysterious friend. I have to put everything to rest once and for all, he decided to himself. He looks back at the camera resolutely and wordlessly lifts his right hand, the palm facing him, to face the gathering. He holds his hand steady for a moment and then says, "Do you still need an answer if I'm over Khushi?"

Khushi struggles to understand the meaning of his words first. But then the camera zooms in closer to his fingers and she lets out a loud gasp and stands up from the ground in shock of her realisation.

Glinting in the flashlight of the cameras was something wedged firmly on Arnav's ring finger: a plain solid golden engagement ring.

Writer's note: Ab aayenga mazaa! πŸ˜‰ Feedback people and please leave longer comments? pretty please!!

cheers!

Edited by smitzy - 11 years ago
saima4744 thumbnail
what a lovely post πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈ.
t f pm m😊
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
res!!

I tell you freaking telepathy!
Was nt stalking this time!

But ur quick today!?

~~Edited~~

Smitzyyy!πŸ€—

WOW!
What an an Update!! πŸ‘

First and foremost...
CRAP!! the Creeps back!🀒
And on top of it cameras!

LOL!!
NK's gone after the girl!! XD

Woaahh!, kya press conference tha!! :O

I like how Arnav handled the press conference. He was calm and composed even after all the f**king questions those ppl asked.

He was goin to say "my wife", wasnt he!?? awww...

First question, whoever the hospital guy sold the footage too, how the hell did they/he get to know he was near the stairs!?? I guess they must have known he was in the hospital, well cause hes famous but stairs part!? :S

W*F! :@ :@ :@

Did they actually ask that!! :O :O
Najayz rishta!! :@  Oh hell!🀒
And he actually said that,his father was the one pursuing her!! And he cleared Garima's name!!Got in the good books of Khushi in this one!
*Really hope Dadi saw this! Ashram mein tv hoga na? ;p

Second question, how in the world did they come to know about that! That is just ludicrous!
Edited : okay, i think i know! He publicly broke his marriage, thats why!? I mean Dadi was shouting all over...
isnt it?

Im guessing the Creeps behind both of it! Is it? It is, isnt it!? Who else could it be!?:S:S

And woaah! He lied and on top of confessed to the whole wide world that he misunderstood her causing the relationship to break! :O
That needs guts, my man...and he has a shit load of it!πŸ‘

And the last part...
The way u explained what he was doing with his hand, meaning raising it and all, i didnt understand it so i actually did what u said he was doing!πŸ˜† i raised my hand and stared at it, And then it hit me...THE RING!! the bloody Ring!!

And the ring it was!! *Yay!
Aaawww!! *sighs, really feel for the poor guy!

With all this hes definitely got into her good books!

Khushi is gonna have a lot more confused feelings now!
Like you rightly said...It just got WORSE!!

LOVED it! <3

PS  - Smitaa...waiting for ur comment, when u get back! :D

Muaah!

Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

res!!

I tell you freaking telepathy!
Was nt stalking this time!

But ur quick today!?

I had finished writing this early morning today.. but then I didn't update it seeing I hadn't res-ed before.. it wouldn't have been fair to you πŸ˜›

*yes yes hum bhi aapse I love you dammit πŸ˜‰
panck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nicely done by Arnav

Message sent and hopefully received not just by the press, public but Khushi as well

Wonder what Khushi will do next...

Fab update