Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tibs09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
hey Naina...read the whole thread 4 ...at one go...
first of all Congratulations on the new thread ...
Hmm..the Raizada battle of wits ...eh ..Arnav Babua remmeber the lineage ..that is where your own strong headedness and will power comes across...one cannot but feel for him ...he is cornered ..left right and center ...

his love for khushi. khushi's love and trust for him, not to mention the 2 traitors who live with him, Nani and hell his own body ...every body is ganging up on him...
Arnav babua ...Marriagewa ..kare ka padi...
and again Brilliant etching of emotions Naina...you keep creating higher benchmarks and then surpassing them...

for me what comes across is your own utter honesty towards the story and your characters...love you ...
Edited by tibs09 - 11 years ago
..Saraa.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nidsubh007

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my comment. Rarely do the writers on this forum do that. I hope your interview went well today. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Yupp! we are a SUER MAD BUNCH!!😆😆😆
AllSmiles86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Did you have to describe his workout and shower routine in such details???? Woman, I had to take a shower to calm myself down! Bahahaha. OMG, Khushi is definitely getting bold with her words. I loved it. This story enthralls me to no extent! Beautiful work :) Go Nani. Get that Adonis married off, asap!
shaz007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful story and now I am so hooked to it that keep checking my inbox for ur pm. Hope you had a great interview. And now I being selfish by asking you when should we expect the next update?
sairam03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hope your interview went well. I don't want to ask you for update...but ..,..just want to let you know miss ur pm. Njoy weekend.
PrInCeSs_dIVa thumbnail
Babe are you updating any time soon ?

Im dying to read your update : (

btw sweetie how was the interview ? : )
rusticreet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
missing ur updates 😭
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Chapter 49

Devyani had laid awake for a large part of the previous night as she thought about her Chote and Khushi. On one hand, Devyani couldn't help but admire Khushi for her faith in her love for Arnav and her trust in Devi Maiya. But on the other hand, Devyani knew just how stubborn Chote was and this area of religion and practise was one matter the he never changed his mind. Devyani, sighed, she really didn't want either of them to get hurt.

'Chote... I'd like to meet Khushi Bitiya's family, can you please arrange it' she said quietly, her tone indicating there was no room for negotiation or argument, she was after all, a true Raizada herself.

Arnav's eyes narrowed as all the positive effects of his workout instantly vanished into thin air only to be replaced by uneasiness and apprehension. He wracked his sleep deprived brain as he scrambled to work out why the hell his grandmother wanted to meet Khushi's family so urgently?!! His gut reaction was a loud and resoundingly negative one. No... this wasn't going to happen Arnav decided resolutely. No one including his Nani could make Arnav Singh Raizada do something he didn't want to; and he certainly didn't want to do this.

'Nani, I don't see the point of you meeting her family, so no I will not be 'arranging' anything,' he said quietly, his tone just as firm as his Nani's as his narrow eyes clashed with hers.

Devyani inhaled and exhaled as she calmly eyed her grandson. Correction. Her obstinate grandson.

Two could play this game.

'Chote the way I see this, you aren't really in a position to dictate what can and cannot happen. I just thought I would extend you the courtesy of making this arrangement because at the end of the day, you are the one Khushi Bitiya is... what do you children say these days... aaah.. yes, going out with... Having said that, if you would rather not... then I will contact Khushi Bitiya myself.' Devyani Raizada braced as she could see her grandson's untamed fury ignite in the depths of his eyes, his fingers curling into his palms as he struggled to contain his temper. She knew that she was being more forceful than required but this had to be done - with or without Chote's assistance.

Arnav realised very quickly that he wasn't going to be able to work his way out of this one as he eyed his Nani who was serenely seated in front of him with her hands folded in a her lap; her body reflecting a Buddhist monks' calmness but her eyes drilling into his fearlessly with no sign of backing down. She would make a killer poker player, Arnav decided as he tried to unsuccessfully glare her in into retreat.

Devyani tried very hard not to laugh as she spoke, 'Chote, if you  are my grandson then I am also your Nani. Go ahead glare at me all you want Arnav Singh Raizada but that's not going to change anything. I expect that you will have done the needful and we will go to Khushi-Bitiya's house this evening. In the meantime, don't forget to have your breakfast... and try and have a good day at work,' she said as she stood up and placed a kiss on his forehead before walking towards the kitchen.

If there was one thing Arnav felt like doing at that moment; it was to cuss very profusely, profanely and at full volume. He however had to resign himself to the fact that in spite of the present situation, this sort of behaviour wasn't exactly appropriate in front of his aging grandmother and there was no way out of this predicament.

As he watched Nani retreating to the kitchen, Arnav stood up and unbuttoned his black jacket. If this was going to happen, then it would be happening on his terms he decided confidently. He turned back and walked back to his bedroom, dialling Khushi's number on the way. He frowned as it went straight to her message bank. He then tried her office line with no success. Where the bloody hell was she? He called the reception desk of the office where she was based and was informed that Aman and his team, including Khushi, were in a project meeting and wouldn't be available until midday. Arnav was just about to tell the receptionist to go and get Khushi on the phone immediately but stopped; the CEO summoning an employee without reason and would generate unnecessary attention and he knew that speculation was rife as to who the boss was seeing amongst his staff. Arnav loosened his tie and opened the top button of his shirt. He was going have find an alternative strategy. He paused as he remembered something and then raced to his desk and pulled out her HR file that contained her home number and took a deep breath and dialled.

Devyani Raizada watched Arnav as he bounded down the stairs and then walked towards her with a determined look on his face. She was perplexed wondering what he was up to as Arnav came to a stop in front of her, his gaze locked with hers. His eyes said it all; determination, fury mixed with the promise of payback.

'Nani, you wanted to meet Khushi's family - lets go, everything has been arranged and they are waiting,' Arnav said resolutely.

Devyani had to withhold her shock as she tried not to gasp, 'Chote...you mean now?'

Arnav raised his eyebrow, 'Yes, Nani...now.'

Devyani had no choice as she nodded.

==========================================

Arnav pulled his SUV to a stop outside the Gupta house and turned to face Nani as he slowly took his black Ray Ban aviators off, 'shall we Nani?' he asked. He got out and walked towards the passenger side, opened the door and assisted Nani out of the car. 

Arnav took a deep breath as he knocked on the Gupta House front door. He always made it a point to prepare for a meeting so that he wouldn't be caught by surprise but this was unlike any other meeting he had ever attended in his life and for the first time in a long time, Arnav was going in blind. And he didn't like it one bit.

Garima Gupta almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the knock on the front door. Truth be told, the anxiety had appeared the moment she had picked up the home phone an hour earlier to discover Arnav Singh Raizada on the line saying that his Nani wanted to meet them and asking if it was ok for them to come over. Garima had no choice to agree and had bemoaned the fact that there was no time to make any preparations. Now she gulped as she opened the door.  She raised her folded hands and greeted the older Raizada matriarch and nodded towards Arnav as she ushered them into the living room.

Arnav followed the ladies as he saw Shahi Gupta waiting. Arnav walked to the older man and folded his hands as he greeted Shashi, 'Uncle, Aunty... this is my Nani... Devyani Raizada. Nani, this is Khushi's Babu-ji and her Amma' he said as he made the introductions, waiting for everyone to sit before he sat down next to Nani.

Devyani began speaking, 'Shashi-ji, Garima-ji first I must apologise for this unexpected visit and I also apologise for any anxiety we may have caused.' Devyani smiled as Garima furious shook her head 'Garima-ji, I have a granddaughter too and I can understand your perspective - which is why I wanted to meet you both. Chote...ah.. I mean Arnav told me that he has met a girl and he brought Khushi-bitiya home to meet me yesterday.' Devyani watched as Garima and Shahi exchanged a worried glance.

'You should be very proud and not worried Garima-ji for your daughter is a very special young lady and is an absolute credit to you both and to be very honest, I am very taken with her as is my grandson. Shashi-ji, the children have made a decision to see each other and I understand that Chote has already spoken to you?' she asked.

Shashi Gupta nodded slowly.

Devyani nodded in reciprocation, 'Shashi-ji, as the head of the Raizada family, I thought that it is important for me to come and meet you both and introduce myself. I can understand that as parents of a girl, you might have concerns about this relationship. As I mentioned before, I have a granddaughter too, Anajali, and like you, I too was worried when she told me that she has found a boy she likes and they decided to see each other to decide if their relationship could have a future.' Devyani, paused to take a sip of water before she continued, 'I have to say, when Anajli told me, I was worried on a number of fronts: the propriety of this type of relationship between a boy and girl, what if they didn't mind their boundaries, what people might say...consequences for Anjali if this relationship did not succeed...'

Garima was nodding furiously at this stage, 'Devyani-ji, you have said what is in my heart. The children have made a decision, but as a mother, I can't help but worry about my Khushi. I just don't want her to get hurt,' she said with a sigh.

'Garima-ji, this is why I wanted to me with you both today. The
children have made their decision and I see it as our role to support and guide them, but at the same time, I am here to assure you that my grandson is a good, responsible boy and he and Khushi have my blessing as the head of our household,' said Devyani quietly. Devyani watched her Chote from the corner of her eye; if he was nervous, then her was doing a very good job of hiding it she thought with pride.

Shashi Gupta began speaking slowly , 'Devyani-ji, thank you for coming to meet us today. We do appreciate it, more so because you have talked about what worries Garima every day, and I think she will be re-assured by what you have said. From my perspective, I like you, I will support Arnav and Khushi. Arnav and I have already spoken and as he will tell you, I trust Khushi implicitly,' he paused to breath.

'Devyani-ji, I can understand what you said and I also understand Garima's concerns but in my view, these are not reasons based on which our children should be making a decision on their future. But to me it is quite clear that the children deeply care for each other. To be very honest with you, I was very impressed with the maturity that your grandson has displayed whenever he has spoken to me about Khushi. I can see the respect that he has for her, just like I see the respect and trust she has in him. They say that marriage is a crown put onto a head of love that has brought two people together... so loving each other, a deep desire to share your life with one another, to be each other's lifetime companions who want to help one another to fulfil their own needs and dreams - these are reasons to cement a relationship  and certainly not reasons like what the society will say. Arnav and Khushi are adults and they can make a decision about their future themselves when they are ready. We just need to support and guide them. '

Devyani smiled, 'I agree with you Shashi-ji. Well, it is decided, the
children have our support, whatever their decision may be.'

Loving each other, a deep desire to share your life with one another, to be each other's lifetime companions who want to help one another to fulfill their own needs and dreams - these are reasons to cement a relationship...

Marriage is a crown put onto a head of love that has brought
two people together...

Arnav couldn't get Shashi Gupta's words out of his head as he looked down at his folded hands. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and blinked as he re-opened them. Suddenly every one of his senses was on high alert as if he had emerged from a deep fog and was now beginning to see with clarity. Loving each other, a deep desire to share your life with one another, to be each other's lifetime companions who want to help one another to fulfil their own needs and dreams...these are reasons to cement a relationship...Weren't he and Khushi already doing these things and more importantly didn't he want to keep doing it... growing with her, learning from her... healing in her love. In that moment Arnav admitted the inevitable to himself - Khushi Kumari Gupta had become a vital component of his existence...could he imagine life without her?

Arnav gasped, just the thought of life without her made his soul bleed and in the next moment Arnav admitted the truth to himself, not because Shashi Gupta was right but because he, Arnav Singh Raizada, was ready to do this.

Arnav took a deep breath and spoke quietly but very confidently.

'I want to marry Khushi.'

There was pin drop silence following his statement.

Helllooo my darlings!!!

I missed you guys!! The interview went ok, haven't heard back yet but I will definitely let you all know the outcome. Thank you all for your good wishes and I really really appreciated them.

Well... looks like Mr Raizada has finally emerged from the land of conflict and is ready to take the plunge... are we happy?

Naina😳

Chapter 50: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/67293631
Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago
magss24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

wow superb update...

Edited by magi11 - 11 years ago
Jhalak29 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I am sure U cracked the interview