Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: vivagal

Arnav is going back to Khushi isn't he...Can't wait to see how he is going to win her back

Originally posted by: vandana.sagar

Wow, finally demon dadi s lies and deceit comes out...and now he is going to need to make up to Khushi...wonder how fast she will forgive him...he should have trusted his love! Awesome part! Cannot wait for Arnav and Khushi to meet and him to apologise. Thanks for the pm.

Originally posted by: vampire_amy

Just loved it
Seriously this is what should have happened to dadi
Eagerly waiting for scene 3
When are you gonna make arnav and khushi patch up??
Nd yeah dere should be repentance from arnavs side too
And in a way khushi should enjoy it

Originally posted by: Torr

keep it coming πŸ˜†Good Job! Can't wait for Arnav and Khushi to meet. Bring her to Arnav's hand somehow. Don't mind even if she falls directly from heaven to his arms! Just want them together πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: -juhi-lily-

phew maza aa gaya...dadi ka band baj gayaπŸ˜‰

ab arnav ki bari hai khushi ko manane ki😳

Originally posted by: Smiley1279

gr8 confrontation...will arnav go to khushi now???

okay people calm down calm down.. I know all of you were asking the same question so I've put all your quotes on this one.. yes yes Arshi will meet, I did promise and I fully intend to deliver πŸ˜Š I just ask you to be patient and remember the details.. because the story which will start now will come back to these tiny details of the previous scenes.

that said, sit back and enjoy the ride πŸ˜Š
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: *mad*

what on earth is shyam doing??? forging the documents??
He reminds me of my cat..never satisfied with anything..always wants more..and bother everyone to get his way..at least my cat is tolerable cos she is nice sometimes
Arnav wants to punish garima??? is he out of his mind? thank god you got anjali to tell him off...

He is back to the beginning.. now im having my fingers crossed as i read the rest... :)
so no khushi
was nk really trying to annoy arnav?

oooh they are opening up the locked door
that should be fun
horses?? what exactly are u planning...arnav in a horse chasing after khushi?? hahahhahahahahha

arnav is sneaky... he got the diary..YES
its nice to see that he can still talk about all the good things khushi had told him
So is he going to read this diary soon?
let me read the next part

K arnav is asking very odd question... defi he will think about her cos he is in love with her...wht he thinks he cn
he forgot all abt the payal and diary??? that is all i can think about
wow that was one awesome diary
it cleared up everything...arnavs dad was so nice.. he wrote everything so that it is easy for arnav to scream at dadi and kick her out of his life

volcano is the correct word for what is about to happen
now that is how it should have been
dadi getting her share
for weeks we had to listen to her mahaan talk...some 1 should have returned the favor. that would have been awesome...and to see her all broken.. that would have made my day..cos she need to come down from that cloud she lived in... I loved that nani also stepped up and defended her daughter.. some one got to
ooh now the fun part.. bye bye dadi and arnav got lot of groveling to do...asking for forgiveness is not one of arnavs best qualities.. this should be fun..

Wow this was a longgg comment πŸ˜Š I'm glad you're leaving me feedback for all the past chapters you missed, shows that you do read my notes πŸ˜‰

cheers dear and thanks for commenting!
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

*is soo damn happy!
jumping in excitement!
And goes to read again!πŸ˜‰

SmitzzyyyπŸ€—

Holy Crap!
Kya thodh scene tha yaar!!πŸ‘
Just Loved it to the core!❀️

Really liked how you started the scene...subtly comparing Arnav to a volacano!😊
I soo feel for the poor guy!

Liked how he called for her, he just brought the entire house down!
And the confrontation...
WOW!
By God, kya chillaya usne!
The way he shouted at Dadi, showed how much pain he was in and he let it all out!!

The look on Dadi, the moment she identifies the diary = Priceless!πŸ˜‰
She was damn scared!!

"Agar aapki Maa ek kamzor aurat thi, to uski galti hamare bete ke nahin thi!"
The nerve of her to even say this!!
i mean are you kidding me!?😲
Hell with the thing that mother always supports the child...This is too big of a wrong to support.
What bothers me is that shes not even acknowledging it, even a tiny bit!☒️
She pointing fingers at everyone but her bloody son!

And Nani...i salute you!πŸ‘
I just really do!

There were 2 major setbacks in Arnavs life, the incident 14 years ago and the broken mariage and in a way both of them were caused by Dear Dadi!

The mighty Subhadra Devi had finally fallen.

Woohooo!!πŸ₯³

Though i feel a bit sad for her now!πŸ˜•
Good for Arnav to cut all the ties with his Dearest Dadi!

That's how i wanted the confrontation to happen , and you just delivered!
Fantastic Job yaar!⭐️

I love you damnit!!πŸ€—

And seriously, this what i want to do to Dadi...& well Rajeev to if he were alive!🐷

And now im soo waiting for Arnav-Khushi confrontation!
Im pretty sure its going to be on hell of a convo too!πŸ˜ƒ

Again, Awesome job!😳

Muah!πŸ€—

PS -
Just read ur reply to the previous comment...didnt know comments ke liye bhi awards hain...
But Thank you!😳

Woman you amaze me with your comments every single time! πŸ˜²

I'm so happy that this chapter lived up to the expectation.. it is difficult to write when I promise at the end of each post "wait patiently, next chapter is going to be super awesome" hahaha but ya, phew.. one chapter is closed and sealed off now... Now I can concentrate on the thing that everyone has been cursing me to write.. ARSHI!!! yay!!

but woh bhi dheere dheere hoga muhahahaha pehle to Khushi se milne ke liye hi Arnav ko bahut bhagaungi main, fir jab milenge to bhi drama hoga.. big bombs will drop and arnav will get stung and once my kalega gets the thandak that Arnav has ragdo-ed his naak enough, will the belle get back to him MUHAHAHAHA acha don't worry now, itna zyada bhi nahin stretch hoga (the readers will grill me over skewers otherwise)

Cheers kudiye!
hum bhi aapse I love you dammit πŸ€—
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: kbtr

That was exhausting! I feel like I was one of them! I know you'll think I am crazy, but I actually feel sorry for Dadi. Amazing testament to your writing! The poor soul. It was her son after all. I wonder if Arnav will  ever forgive his father. How else will he move on? Maybe Kushi can help him to do that. I'm getting really impatient now about their meeting. How come there was nothing about the Guptas? I do realize this impact was the turning point in the story and probably had to be spotlighted. My question is how the hell is Arnav going to seek redemption from Kushi now. He did not trust her, he jilted her, he broke her heart. What the hell can he do now? He has broken her trust in him. There is NOTHING he can do that will make it alright now. It is a big, black, luminous cloud hanging over his head, that he did not trust her. Trust. The biggest word and the most fragile in any relationship. I am awaiting to see how you meet this challenge. 

See, your writing has made me feel for Arnav! I still don't want Kushi to forgive him easily though. I mean just because he might shed a few tears and maybe say sorry, I wouldn't want her to forgive and forget (which I know is the only way to move on.) But he has to earn his trust back from her. Please do not let him off easily. He has to make her see and believe with conviction that he will never do anything like that again. I mean how could he discard her like an old shirt? Who says he wouldn't do it again the next time something happens??
Jeez! I cannot wait for the next scene. But I especially cannot wait for their inevitable meeting!
Thanks for the PM.πŸ˜ƒ

Hey kbtr!

wow! that was quite a comment πŸ˜Š

Dadi was after all a mother yes... and she was evil but she felt all that she was doing was to protect the memory of her dead son.. everyone knew him as a creep who had an affair despite being married and being a father. even after so many years, people remember him like that.. so Dadi was trying to shift the focus of attention to someone else (in this case Garima). Not that it defends her actions.

Now coming back to Arnav's redemption... hmm... I'd actually given it a lot of thought... I'm still not sure how exactly am I going to go about it... Arnav has mutilated the relationship to an extent that Khushi told him that she hated him! I mean, forget about apologies, it will be very difficult for him to bring her back from hatred to love won't it? He will have to try double hard and he'll have to convince her in every possible way that he won't.. he can't live without her.. Trust builds up over a long period of time, but it takes just a minute to break it which is what has happened to Arshi. It will not be easy for Khushi to forget and forgive so easily.. but we'll figure something out don't worry πŸ˜‰

cheers again for this wonderful feedback!
asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smitzy

I was waiting for your reply woman! Kya baat hai, stalkerish tendency khatam ho gai? haan haan? bolo bolo tells tells πŸ˜›

majaa aaya na! supera!! ab aage aur maja ayenga hehehe Ya Nani's part I thought of at the last minute.. i remembered how she defended Khushi in the reel life when Dadi was going all K's the other woman too.. grrr well good news is that Dadi is go went gone! yipeee! Party karte hain chalo.. and ya feel good weekend to hai boss.. I've ended up making so many VMs I tell you πŸ˜†

share karungi thode time mein.

cheers!

Ha ha so stalker ki Aadat pad Gayee he he he ...love you fr that ! I had guests a home but phir bhi main chip chip ke IF log in kar rahi thi lol, everyone thinks I am mad, but do I Care ? πŸ˜‰

Waise bhi pyar aur Jung mein sab jayaz hai ...Ab IPK hai hi Itna khatarnaak, Kya karein !!! Reel and the alternate one ..both ! ...can't believe this plays on ma mind chaubis ghante ..hamesha !!!πŸ˜›

Back to stalking btw, so stockings sambhaal lo πŸ˜†
Haan VMs please ..usi ke sahare hoon Ab kal sham tak πŸ˜›
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

*Ok, Ready to do a Khushi act...* Aaj woh din Aahi gaya, jiska mughe barsoon se intezar tha...*swinging round and round on myself* Aaj, Aaj...toh Stopwa ki...Badai hai...πŸ˜ƒ Muhaha... πŸ˜ˆ*scaring people with my evil smirk* No, no...now Ijis Not time for saying hello hi, only bye bye...*In Mami style's* πŸ€£ lol

Haha,The whole time I was reading it, I was doing "Mehehe...*reading*...Mehehe...😈" lol 
I was So excited that I was reading Arnav going all ASR on Stopwa, that I didn't even really read it like a "Normal" person does...So, I am going to read it again...to really have Mazaa in Stopwas's be-izzati...πŸ˜›lol

Really? 😲 Still she blames blames His mother and Garima for his son's doing? I mean, yes she is a Mother...But personally I think it all happened because of her (And this is not thinking of an Stopwa hater in me) What I am saying is...that she brought up her son in a such way that he never felt he was at fault...She is one of those mother who loves their children but aren't able to educate them as a real mother does...I mean, Mother like her destroys their children and their lives because they don't make him/her realize that they can make mistakes, and that They shouldn't do anything that can hurt someone, they can't do anthing without thinking about people around them...

If she had made him see from the start of his marriage that he wasn't being fair to her, so maybe he won't have been this much cruel to Kavita...I mean, ok Stopwa made him marry Kavita for her father's money...But at least after marriage she DID see that how perfect his Bahu was...oe she didn't? How could she still blame her? She always said "Hamari Bahu bohat achi thi...etc..." then why didn't she made her son see that he was doing something wrong with his wife to not love her, to not give her attention...I am quite sure, If she could forced him to marry her then she also could forced him to except her as his wife...she could have done something from the start, so in that was maybe in these long 25 years he would have at least shown some respect to her...If she would have done something, pre-Garima thing so Maybe he won't have gone this crazy for Garima...That Woman...!!!! πŸ€¬

Ma Lady...That GREAT-Awesome as always...yeee...now we can have Arshi-meet-again track... And Btw, Is Stopwa going to her Mr.Snakewa after this? After all she is his LoVa lOva...they were making some Oh-so-great plans together (No, I am not talking about their future milan-or-ek-hoone-ke Plans, but other plans) So is she going to Live with him now? If not and If you are really done with Stopwa, so can I have her for Ma Ramlal? or at least can I borrow her? really, Ramlal ki yeh halat abh mugh se dekhi nahi jati, so Stopwas's one leg piece will do wonders on his health... πŸ˜ƒ LOL

Can't wait for the next part...the truth is out and Now its Arshi time...

*Ahem Ahme* To All the Stopwa's Hater:-
Guys, we need a party...πŸ₯³Stopwa is not only out of IPKKND and also in How IPK should've been, so lets partyy...*raising my hands in air, In Late-night-party mood* 

Raat ke dhai baje, Stopwa's Haters ek saath jama hue,

Stopwa koh marne ka bazaar laga, Deertilak uska band bajje...🀣 

baba re! What do I do with you girls who write so long comments (no no I'm not complaining, just that I m not writing as long comments in reply πŸ˜†)

Yes my dear! the woman you hate stopwa is finally out of here! halleluaj! I'm so happy to see your reaction hahaha yes yes you can have her all to yourself and your ramlaal πŸ˜† no no she won't meet her lova lova.. shyamu is all on his own! usko ghar mein dadi laa na saki to ab kya khaak karengi!

ya party shuru ho gai hai darling! πŸ˜Š

PS- sooo sorry for the short reply.. I'm in a hurry to post the next scene and go to bed πŸ₯±
dpotnis thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I like the idea of ASR finding the truth straight from the horses mouth and not the "he said... she said" way. Finally he is directing his anger where it should be and NOT at Khushi. Hope you make him work hard to get Khushi back in his life.
asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dpotnis

I like the idea of ASR finding the truth straight from the horses mouth and not the "he said... she said" way. Finally he is directing his anger where it should be and NOT at Khushi. Hope you make him work hard to get Khushi back in his life.

Smitzy - remember your vaada of khoon ke aansu πŸ˜›
smitzy thumbnail

*None of my work can be copied without explicit written permission from me. It's not polite to steal ideas.*

Writer's note: Hi people! Loving your comments for Dadi's exit! Yes in answer to your questions, Arshi will meet, now that one MU is out of the picture, we can start working towards everything else and my personal favorite -  ASR's redemption track!

Ok guys, before we start that, I just wanted to inform you about the things which have NOT happened with reference to my alternate universe. I need you to ASSUME they haven't happened, please?

1. Anjali's miscarriage (My story deviates after Mehndi)
2. The hospital scenes + Arnav+Khushi's epic understanding/love
3. The garden scene
4. The consummation
5. The proposal scene

I need these scenes in the future, hence they haven't happened yet πŸ˜‰

Ok that said, let's resume with the last scene of this colossal chapter. Phew! And my next update will be tomorrow night ok? So I want loads of comments by then πŸ˜‰

cheers people!

CHAPTER 12 Scene 3

[Purani Haveli, Nani's room]

When a storm hits the land, it tears apart everything that comes in its way, things that had been so laboriously built up over the years. It shakes the very foundations of buildings; it demolishes homes; rips apart families. Its merciless goal of ruthless destruction is incessant until it hits a force stronger than itself. And then it stops just as abruptly as it had originated, dissipating into nothingness. The storm raging over Raizada family since the past 14 years was finally over. Now, all that was left to be done was sort through the debris and save whatever could be salvaged.

Anjali is sitting on the bed, resting her head on her grandmother's shoulders, looking exhausted. Arnav is sitting on the floor, resting his head in Nani's lap, his eyes closed. Nani is sitting on her bed, no longer teary eyed, but strong as an anchor keeping her two grandchildren stable in this emotional storm. The three Raizadas don't speak a word, each one of them clearly still absorbing the impact of the storm that they had braved not long ago. The silence that had descended in the house would have been complete save the whirring of the ancient ceiling fan above them.

Today was a day of reckoning for each one of them. The veil of lies that had been covering their eyes for 14 years had been finally lifted and the truth it revealed had shaken the three of them to their very cores. As a mother, Nani is aggrieved about her inability to have helped her daughter when she was alive. As children, Anjali and Arnav feel as if their parents have died all over again tonight.

"Vishwas nahin hota ki 14 saal tak Dadi ne hamse itni badi baat chupai," Anjali murmurs after a long silent moment, her voice still peppered with disbelief.

Arnav sits unreactive, his own thoughts submerging him in the abyss of memories. For one moment, I actually thought of him affectionately when I started reading his diary. For one moment, I felt happy that he had been actually worried about me. For one moment, I felt elated that he was was proud of me, despite of the distant and cold behaviour that he always displayed. Arnav thinks to himself regretfully. Probably his father did care for him. But all of Rajeev Mallik's affections for his children ceased to matter the moment Arnav realised that his father was truly the culprit responsible for his Maa's grief.

Nani and Anjali were still talking but he wasn't paying attention as thoughts were whirling into his brain keeping him occupied. However, he suddenly snaps out of his trance-like state when he hears the name Garima.

"Aur Garimaji ke bare mein humne jo kuch bhi suna, sab ne aankh band kar ke maan liya." Nani nods in agreement.

"Haan Anjali bitiya. Unki galti na hone ke bawajood, unke parivaar par ungli uthi, unke samaan ko tthes pahuncha," Nani adds in a tone of anguish, "keval ek jhooth ke kaaran." Arnav opens his eyes as Nani's words imprint themselves on his mind. He slowly raises his head to stare up at her. Although he gazes her, an altogether different scene plays in front of his eyes - the memory of the night of his wedding...

Him teasing his blushing bride...  "Tum Khush ho?"

Dadi's announcement... "Khushi ki maasi – Garima hi woh kaaran hain ki aaj aapki maa zinda nai hain Arnav,"

Him removing Khushi's hand from his arm... " Panditji, ab yahan koi phere nai honge."

He suddenly stands up in alarm. Nani and Anjali stare at him startled.

"Chotey kya hua?" Anjali reaches for his hand concernedly. But Arnav slowly walks towards the huge window at the end of the room, not listening to them anymore. Maine Khushi se apni shaadi tod di thi because I believed Dadi. He grips the wooden frame of the window in panic. Mujhe laga ki Garima Aunty... He turns around suddenly and starts pacing the room. Nani and Anjali's eyes follow his movement bemusedly. Another memory flies back into Arnav's mind from the day right after his wedding night when he had gone to ask Khushi to reconsider marrying him.

"Arnavji agar aap sach jante hain to fir aapko hamari Amma ko maaf kar dena chahiye"

"Hum unka bachaav nahin kar rahe hain Arnavji, hum to bas ye keh rahe hain ki aap bhi jante hain aur hum bhi ki sach kya hai. To fir Amma par ungli uthana sahi nai hai."

"Aur humein to laga ki sara sach jaan ne ke baad aap hamari Amma ka dard bhi samjhenge.

Arnav abruptly stops pacing. His eyes widen and the air in his lungs feel stuck for a moment, not finding its release. He stands breathless and rigidly as realisation hits him. Khushi knew it then! Use sach pata tha! She knew the actual truth. Tabhi woh baar baar keh rahi thi ki-

Arnav immediately starts patting his pockets, searching for his phone. I'll call up Khushi right now, he decides. I need to tell her I made a huge mistake. He finds the phone, punches 2 and hits the dial button. Speed dial activates and it starts connecting. Arnav starts pacing in the room again. After a few seconds he is greeted with the message "This number is unreachable at the moment." He grinds his teeth in annoyance and hits redial. He waits for a few seconds only to hear the same message again. He looks up to see Anjali now gaping at him with her mouth slightly open, her sadness having completely disappeared seeing the sudden change in her brother's behaviour. Arnav realises he must be looking crazy right now. I don't care, he thinks dismissively.

He quickly walks to her and stretches his hand in front of him. Anjali raises an eyebrow enquiringly. "Phone!" Arnav exclaims. She hands him her phone wordlessly. He repeats the same exercise on her phone. But it proves fruitless yet again; he groans in frustration. Slowly walking back towards the window, he hits redial. He feels a hand squeezing his shoulder gently. He turns around to see Anjali gazing at him with a worried on her face.

"Chotey? Kya hua? Tum achanak se itne tensed kyun ho gaye?" she asks him.

"Di! Khushi sach jaanti hai!" he cries out. Anjali looks surprised. "Woh sach jaanti hai aur main nahin jaanta tha. Aur maine shaadi tod di," he mumbles helplessly.

Anjali stares at Arnav who suddenly resembles the endearing frustrated little boy she remembers from her childhood. She notices how he fiddles with her phone, every inch of him screaming in aggravation. His body was vibrating with a strange nervousness which she had never seen about him before. She slowly walks next to him, holds his face with both her hands and forces him to look at her. They gaze at each other, and slowly Arnav feels his jagged nerves soothe. His panicked breathing too calms down. Anjali feels the shift in his demeanor.

"Ab batao ki hua kya hai?" Anjali repeats calmly.

"Agar is shaadi ke liye humein apni Amma se rishta todna hoga, to nahin Arnavji. Hum aapse shaadi nahin karenge."

Arnav takes a deep breath. "Mujhe Khushi se baat karni hai par uska phone nahin lag raha hai," Arnav replies back, his words crystal as if his mind has cleared the haze of emotions that was clouding his thinking up until this point. A momentary frown appears on Anjali's forehead as she senses the urgency in his voice, but then, she nods to indicate her understanding. She doesn't question him; she doesn't enquire why he needs to talk to Khushi at such a late hour. All she can decipher is that her brother wants to speak to Khushi straight away. Arnav stills as she takes her phone from his hand and presses a button.

"Unke landline par try kiya aapne?" Arnav stares at his sister, as she presses the phone to her ear. He shakes his head, immediately trying the number. Suprisingly he hears an automated voice saying "this number is temporarily out of service". He looks back to his sister, and curtly shakes his head again, indicating he can't get through. Anjali withdraws the phone from her ear as well.

"Khushi ji ka phone bhi not reachable aa raha hai." The brother sister duo stand by the window, silently thinking about how to reach Khushi. Then Arnav suddenly turns to face her.

"Di, I need to go to Delhi," he says. Anjali's eyes widen in alarm at hearing this.

"Chotey? Abhi?" she glances down at digital clock of her phone. "Raat ke 10:30 baj rahe hain. Tum abhi kaise jaoge?" Arnav doesn't answer but quickly punches 5 on his phone and hits speed dial.

"Aman? I need to return to Delhi urgently," he snaps into the phone. He remains silent as he hears Aman's reply. He suddenly tugs back the sleeve of his full length tee shirt to reveal the time on his wrist watch. "No, I won't be able to make it to the airport on time. Is that the last flight out?" Again silence as he hears Aman's response. He lets out a sigh of frustration. "Fine. Can a chartered plane be arranged?" Pause. "Ok, jitni jaldi ho sake let me know." He disconnects the call abruptly.

He walks back to the bed where Nani is now lying down. Anjali is sitting by her. He looks down at both of them.

"Mujhe abhi Delhi ke liye nikalna hoga Di. Mujhe Khushi se baat karni hai and this can not wait," he tries to explain. Anjali holds his hand and squeezes it gently.

"Humein samajh gaye Chotey," she says reassuringly. He looks at Nani worriedly. "Nani main aapko aur Di ko iss tarah akela chod ke nahin jana chahta hun," he says.

"Hum akele nahin hain Chotey," Nani replies calmly. "Humra poora parivar yahan humare saath hai. Aap kauno chinta naahi kijiye." Arnav's phone starts ringing again. He excuses himself and picks it.

"Ya Aman." Pause. "Brilliant! Kitna time lagega?" Pause. Arnav again looks at his watch as if calculating the time. "Theek hai. Tell the agent I'll be at the airport in 45 minutes." Pause. "Thanks Aman, you're a life saver!" Arnav disconnects the call.

On the other end, a bleary eyed Aman is suddenly wide awake hearing "thanks" and "life saver" in the same sentence spoken by none other than ASR.

Arnav squeezes his sister's shoulder. "Di, please apna khayal rakhna." Anjali nods reassuredly. He rushes out of his Nani's room. Anjali stares at his retreating back, thinking to herself, I hope you find her Chotey.

ENGLISH VERSION

CHAPTER 12 Scene 3

[Purani Haveli, Nani's room]

When a storm hits the land, it tears apart everything that comes in its way, things that had been so laboriously built up over the years. It shakes the very foundations of buildings; it demolishes homes; rips apart families. Its merciless goal of ruthless destruction is incessant until it hits a force stronger than itself. And then it stops just as abruptly as it had originated, dissipating into nothingness. The storm raging over Raizada family since the past 14 years was finally over. Now, all that was left to be done was sort through the debris and save whatever could be salvaged.

Anjali is sitting on the bed, resting her head on her grandmother's shoulders, looking exhausted. Arnav is sitting on the floor, resting his head in Nani's lap, his eyes closed. Nani is sitting on her bed, no longer teary eyed, but strong as an anchor keeping her two grandchildren stable in this emotional storm. The three Raizadas don't speak a word, each one of them clearly still absorbing the impact of the storm that they had braved not long ago. The silence that had descended in the house would have been complete save the whirring of the ancient ceiling fan above them.

Today was a day of reckoning for each one of them. The veil of lies that had been covering their eyes for 14 years had been finally lifted and the truth it revealed had shaken the three of them to their very cores. As a mother, Nani is aggrieved about her inability to have helped her daughter when she was alive. As children, Anjali and Arnav feel as if their parents have died all over again tonight.

"I still can't believe it that Dadi hid such a big thing from all of us for 14 years," Anjali murmurs after a long silent moment, her voice still peppered with disbelief.

Arnav sits unreactive, his own thoughts submerging him in the abyss of memories. For one moment, I actually thought of him affectionately when I started reading his diary. For one moment, I felt happy that he had been actually worried about me. For one moment, I felt elated that he was was proud of me, despite of the distant and cold behaviour that he always displayed. Arnav thinks to himself regretfully. Probably his father did care for him. But all of Rajeev Mallik's affections for his children ceased to matter the moment Arnav realised that his father was truly the culprit responsible for his Maa's grief.

Nani and Anjali were still talking but he wasn't paying attention as thoughts were whirling into his brain keeping him occupied. However, he suddenly snaps out of his trance-like state when he hears the name Garima.

"And whatever we heard about Garima, we accepted it with blind faith." Nani nods in agreement.

"Yes Anjali bitiya. Despite her not being at fault, fingers were raised at her family, her family's respect got destroyed," Nani adds in a tone of anguish, "all for a lie." Arnav opens his eyes as Nani's words imprint themselves on his mind. He slowly raises his head to stare up at her. Although he gazes her, an altogether different scene plays in front of his eyes - the memory of the night of his wedding...

Him teasing his blushing bride...  "Are you happy?"

Dadi's announcement... "Khushi's aunt - Garima is the reason why your mother isn't alive today, Arnav,"

Him removing Khushi's hand from his arm... " Panditji, there won't be any phere taking place here today."

He suddenly stands up in alarm. Nani and Anjali stare at him startled.

"Chotey what happened?" Anjali reaches for his hand concernedly. But Arnav slowly walks towards the huge window at the end of the room, not listening to them anymore. I broke my marriage to Khushi because I believed Dadi. He grips the wooden frame of the window in panic. Because I thought that Garima aunty... He turns around suddenly and starts pacing the room. Nani and Anjali's eyes follow his movement bemusedly. Another memory flies back into Arnav's mind from the day right after his wedding night when he had gone to ask Khushi to reconsider marrying him.

"Arnavji if you know the truth then you should forgive my mother"

"I'm not defending her Arnavji, I'm just saying that we both know what is the truth. Then pointing a finger at Amma isn't correct."

"And I actually thought, that since you knew the truth, you'll understand my mother's pain too.

Arnav abruptly stops pacing. His eyes widen and the air in his lungs feel stuck for a moment, not finding its release. He stands breathless and rigidly as realisation hits him. Khushi knew it then! She knew the truth! She knew the actual truth. That is why she was repeatedly saying that-

Arnav immediately starts patting his pockets, searching for his phone. I'll call up Khushi right now, he decides. I need to tell her I made a huge mistake. He finds the phone, punches 2 and hits the dial button. Speed dial activates and it starts connecting. Arnav starts pacing in the room again. After a few seconds he is greeted with the message "This number is unreachable at the moment." He grinds his teeth in annoyance and hits redial. He waits for a few seconds only to hear the same message again. He looks up to see Anjali now gaping at him with her mouth slightly open, her sadness having completely disappeared seeing the sudden change in her brother's behaviour. Arnav realises he must be looking crazy right now. I don't care, he thinks dismissively.

He quickly walks to her and stretches his hand in front of him. Anjali raises an eyebrow enquiringly. "Phone!" Arnav exclaims. She hands him her phone wordlessly. He repeats the same exercise on her phone. But it proves fruitless yet again; he groans in frustration. Slowly walking back towards the window, he hits redial. He feels a hand squeezing his shoulder gently. He turns around to see Anjali gazing at him with a worried on her face.

"Chotey? What's wrong? Why have you become so tensed all of a sudden?" she asks him.

"Di! Khushi knows the truth!" he cries out. Anjali looks surprised. "She knew the truth whereas I didn't. And I broke the wedding Di," he mumbles helplessly.

Anjali stares at Arnav who suddenly resembles the endearing frustrated little boy she remembers from her childhood. She notices how he fiddles with her phone, every inch of him screaming in aggravation. His body was vibrating with a strange nervousness which she had never seen about him before. She slowly walks next to him, holds his face with both her hands and forces him to look at her. They gaze at each other, and slowly Arnav feels his jagged nerves soothe. His panicked breathing too calms down. Anjali feels the shift in his demeanor.

"Now, tell me what is wrong?" Anjali repeats calmly.

"If I have to break all ties with my mother to marry you, then no, Arnavji. I will not marry you."

Arnav takes a deep breath. "I need to speak to Khushi and I can't get through to her," Arnav replies back, his words crystal as if his mind has cleared the haze of emotions that was clouding his thinking up until this point. A momentary frown appears on Anjali's forehead as she senses the urgency in his voice, but then, she nods to indicate her understanding. She doesn't question him; she doesn't enquire why he needs to talk to Khushi at such a late hour. All she can decipher is that her brother wants to speak to Khushi straight away. Arnav stills as she takes her phone from his hand and presses a button.

"Did you try her landline?" Arnav stares at his sister, as she presses the phone to her ear. He shakes his head, immediately trying the number. Suprisingly he hears an automated voice saying "this number is temporarily out of service". He looks back to his sister, and curtly shakes his head again, indicating he can't get through. Anjali withdraws the phone from her ear as well.

"Khushi ji's phone is unreachable." The brother sister duo stand by the window, silently thinking about how to reach Khushi. Then Arnav suddenly turns to face her.

"Di, I need to go to Delhi," he says. Anjali's eyes widen in alarm at hearing this.

"Chotey? Now?" she glances down at digital clock of her phone. "It's 10:30 at night? How will you go now?" Arnav doesn't answer but quickly punches 5 on his phone and hits speed dial.

"Aman? I need to return to Delhi urgently," he snaps into the phone. He remains silent as he hears Aman's reply. He suddenly tugs back the sleeve of his full length tee shirt to reveal the time on his wrist watch. "No, I won't be able to make it to the airport on time. Is that the last flight out?" Again silence as he hears Aman's response. He lets out a sigh of frustration. "Fine. Can a chartered plane be arranged?" Pause. "Ok, let me know as soon as you can." He disconnects the call abruptly.

He walks back to the bed where Nani is now lying down. Anjali is sitting by her. He looks down at both of them.

"I'll have to leave for Delhi right away, Di. I have to talk to Khushi and this can not wait," he tries to explain. Anjali holds his hand and squeezes it gently.

"I understand Chotey," she says reassuringly. He looks at Nani worriedly. "Nani, I don't want to leave you and Di here alone like this...," he says.

"We aren't alone, Chotey," Nani replies calmly. "Our whole family is here with us. Please don't worry yourself." Arnav's phone starts ringing again. He excuses himself and picks it.

"Ya Aman." Pause. "Brilliant! How long will it take?" Pause. Arnav again looks at his watch as if calculating the time. "alright. Tell the agent I'll be at the airport in 45 minutes." Pause. "Thanks Aman, you're a life saver!" Arnav disconnects the call.

On the other end, a bleary eyed Aman is suddenly wide awake hearing "thanks" and "life saver" in the same sentence spoken by none other than ASR.

Arnav squeezes his sister's shoulder. "Di, please take care of yourself." Anjali nods reassuredly. He rushes out of his Nani's room. Anjali stares at his retreating back, thinking to herself, I hope you find her Chotey.

tigertiger thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for kicking the old hag out. I'm glad Arnav found out the truth but still worrying about what that snake is up to. Great chapters!! :)