Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zoyadarkrose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Aww. .your Pa must be awesome. .In my case its the other way around-My Ma is like Sasi & Pa is like Garima though they both trust me a lot 😊
Nice update yaar,atleast Arnav admitted to Sasi,na?Hope Arshi's misunderstandings will be cleared soon
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Chapter 40

'I'm placing my trust and my daughter in your hands Arnav. Please don't disappoint either of us.'

Arnav's breath caught in his chest as Shashi Gupta's voice reverberated through his head. His mind boggled while his heart raced, pure adrenaline charging through his veins. He had just admitted to being in love with Khushi Kumari Gupta. Aloud. To her Father!

He waited for some sort of overwhelming feeling of terror and panic to overcome him; nothing. He could however vaguely hear the angel and devil cheering in the background.

Arnav smiled shyly to himself. He was in love.

He raised his head and looked to Shashi Gupta, absolute sincerity evident in this voice as he spoke. 'I don't know what's going to happen with me and Khushi -  to be honest I haven't told her... well I haven't told her what I've told you. Right now there's something bothering her and she won't talk to me. The more I try, the harder it gets so I'm letting it go for now.  I think she needs some space. I have to leave as I have a flight to catch but I promise you that I will do what it takes not to hurt her - you have my word on this.'

How well this young man already knew his Khushi;  her stubbornness overrode any wisp of sanity when it occurred and there was no remedy other than to give her time to come around. Shashi nodded as he smiled slightly at Arnav in acknowledgment; a gentlemen's promise had just been established between them.

Arnav stood up. 'I have to leave...'

Shashi understood. 'Garima...' he called out.

Garima walked out into the living room. She was clearly not happy; Khushi hadn't said a word to her and Garima absolutely detested being left in the dark.

Arnav looked up waiting for Khushi to emerge; but she didn't. Disappointment must have been clearly evident on his face because Shashi lifted his hand slightly and gestured to Arnav to go to her. Arnav nodded and smiled in gratitude as he made his way to her.

Khushi was standing with her back to the door as she looked out the window. She was nervous. What was babu-ji saying to Arnav? What if Arnav lost his temper? A voice pipped up in her head... like that would ever happen! She knew without a doubt that Arnav would never be disrespectful to any member of her family. She heard her father call her amma and her heart rate doubled as she sent Devi Maiya a silent prayer...what for, she herself didn't know...strength maybe? Her eyes were tightly closed when the tiny hairs on the back of her neck began to rise. She felt a hand on her shoulder and knew without opening her eyes it was him even before he uttered a word.

'Khushi...'

She turned slowly. Her eyes remained focused on the neck of his sweatshirt; she was terrified to look up at him because if she did then he'd know what was in her heart.

Arnav sighed. It was clear that she was still avoiding him. He really didn't know what to say to her.

Tell her YOU LOVE HER YOU FOOL!!! screamed both the devil and angel in unison!

Khushi felt completely at loss ' what was she to do? What if she told him the truth and... and lost him? Her breath caught in throat, her face paled just at the thought. No.. Devi Maiya!

Arnav steeled himself. He had to leave.

He raised her chin to face him. Her eyes still remained downcast.

'Khushi look at me' he commanded. She obeyed, but slowly, her gaze trying its best to keep breaking contact with his.

'Khushi, I have to go. I need to go home and pack. I've got a flight to catch in a four hours' he said quietly.

He was leaving? Again?

Arnav saw panic in her eyes. He was confused. He desperately wished that she would just tell him what was bothering her instead of struggling but he had made his decision, he wasn't going to push her.

'Where...where are you going?' she whispered...  'Are you going to... I mean when will you come back?'  

Please don't go... her heart screamed.

Arnav stepped closer and cupped her face 'Khushi, of course I'm coming back.' 

Ask me to stay... just ask once... And I'll stay... his heart pleaded.

Arnav sighed; he knew she wasn't going to say it.

He leaned forward and touched his forehead against hers as he closed his eyes and breathed her in; her scent was imprinted in his senses, but today it was blended with his fragrance thanks to her shower last night.  What had gotten into him? Why was he delaying his departure?

'Khushi I have to go back to Sydney tonight. I wanted... I came to see you, but I have to go back... The team there needs me' he whispered.

I need you... don't go Arnav...

Khushi nodded against his head.

'Khushi, I don't what the problem is and I'm not going to push you to talk about it. Take your time and work out what you need, but when I come back Khushi, we ARE going to talk about it. This whole not talking deal isn't working for me and from what I can tell; you're not doing that great either,' he said quietly.

Khushi knew he was right; she only hoped that Devi Maiya would have giving her enough strength by then to tell him.

She nodded.

Arnav opened his eyes, hers were tightly closed.

He pulled back and she slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. His frustration was evident.

'Khushi...' he whispered 'can I have a hug before I go?' he asked.

That completely undid Khushi. She launched herself into his arms, silent tears rolling down her cheeks, dampening his neck. They held onto each other; neither wanted to let go but both knew it was inevitable.

Arnav brushed his lips against her temple, and pulled back.

'Khushi... I'll see you soon... '

And with that he turned and left.

Hi Darlings

Sooo... how is everyone doing after the wedding... my mum actually cried her way through it and then promptly proceeded to make Kheer (rice pudding) for us because she was that happy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Right, I know its a short chapter but I didn't want to drag it out so here it is.

p.s. if you've ever been in love, you'll understand the agony of this chapter - its really hard and nerve racking to make the first move and actually say those three MONUMENTOUS words to another human...

Naina😳

chapter 41:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/66264667

Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago
barfi thumbnail
how sad they both love each other but are having difficulty admitting it. they definitely do need to talk 
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
First of all...i LOVE YOUR MOM!!πŸ˜†
She cried and made Kheer!! vaah yaar...

Great Update!πŸ˜ƒ

Really like how Arnav is straight forward with his feelings and is not hiding nething!
I reallyy like the convos bet Arnav and Shashi..it speaks volumes!

You know what HE IS A DAMN FOOL!
Coudnt just say it, Could he!?

I really hope they talk it out! and both of them say it!πŸ˜ƒ

Really like how he tried comforting her and didnt push her at all!
Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
S003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

distance makes the fond heart fonder...

I can't wait for him to get back and for her to lose control a little...

another update on the weekend... sorry sorry I got a little greedy...
Edited by S003 - 11 years ago
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
they both love each other but havent told the other afriad of what they might think right
man these two can be so whats the word for it funny in their relationship like that
good giving her space might just do the trick
wow lets see whats next
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
They both don't understand that the base if a healthy and happy relationship is communication which very stubbornly the both refuse to accept... Lack of communication only gives birth to confusion and mistrust... But I guess they will take time to realise this and I hope it won't be too late by then.
rest.rest thumbnail
hmmm...interesting..continue soon, πŸ‘
aeyshaalim thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Poor them
Love the chapter beautifully written
kvarsha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome updateee...
the way u expressed their feeling wanting to stay or wanting share
their feelingss... i know its very diffi to say ittt...
as am experienced in itπŸ˜†
thnx 4 pmπŸ˜ƒ