Alia Bhatt Might Star In '2 States' Movie Remake

LBHits thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Karan Johar, in his own words, has been fathering the three debutantes of his film Student Of The Year. However, out of the three youngsters - Siddharth Malhotra,Varun Dhawan  and Alia Bhatt, KJo seems to be too fond of his girl.TOI has learnt that Alia was called for a look test for the filmmaker and Sajid Nadiadwala's 2 States.

An insider told TOI, "The script is about a North Indian boy falling in love with a Tamil girl. Karan has immense faith on Alia's talent and thought she could do justice to the role. Also,
he believed she would look good with the hero Arjun Kapoor."

Alia, after a dream launch by KJo was happy to grab on any opportunity presented by the filmmaker. "Alia came for the look test recently. However, the makers are yet to see the tapes. They are also auditioning other actresses. A call will be taken soon," added the insider.

The film will be directed by Abhisek Verman, who was the creative director in Alia's debut venture Karan remained unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2 States sounds more like a disaster day by day.  Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt??? ๐Ÿคข 

Arjun is quite ugly but I guess he can do the Punjabi boy role but how does Alia seem like a south Indian Tamil girl? There are plenty of South Indian girls in the South industry.  Why not just get one of them? How hard is that?!

Karan Johar is going to ruin this movie.  It will turn into just another typical romcom.
Edited by anonymous39 - 11 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

God save us from Aalia and the bhatts!

LOL @ Karan fathering the three actors.๐Ÿ˜†He indeed has been a good father..err...shakkar daddy to Siddharth Malhotra๐Ÿ˜‰
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
omg! i dont think alia would suit for this role. besides they meet in a college not in a school. or is Kjo planning to show the girl's childhood as well?
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Don't know whether she will do justice to that role or not as we dint get to see her acting yet, if you are taking Alia as main lead please don't take Arjun Kapoor with her. He looks too horrendous whereas Alia looks gorgeous . Their pair must be awkward.
So in this K-Jo version of 2 States, Ananya is a prodigy: A 16 year old IIMA-ian.  ๐Ÿ˜†
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
what the hell
Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt? ~_~ way to go soiling my guilty pleasure novels =(
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Alia has great skin! 

Arjun and Alia would look kinda weird...Actually, Arjun in general looks kinda weird. 
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Cthulhu

What's Karan Johar smoking? Alia Bhatt has zilch screen presence. How'll she pass off as mature IIM student? Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone fit the bill. Imran Khan and Sonam Kapoor would look good too. Or Arjun Kapoor and that new girl from Barfi. 

to be fair, Ananya from 2 States isn't terribly mature either ๐Ÿ˜†

but i agree. I don't like the idea of Alia Bhatt in this at all