Awe inspiring Asha Bhosle

Indradhanush thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
It is heart warming and awe inspiring to see Asha ji blessing the show.

Perhaps there is a realisation that run of the mill reality shows like these are not taken seriously by audience any more. Hence some one like Asha ji is needed to inject some genuineness in the show. 

She is known to speak her mind from what I remember from her presence  in a similar show.

Among the mortal judges sitting there, Ashai ji's presence is very soothing , may be perhaps some people like me would watch the show as long as she is there, when otherwise it is useless to get attached to scripted shows like these.

People like Asha ji remind of a whole era when hard work, talent and passion for music ruled. 
Edited by Indradhanush - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice to see you here my friend Indradhanush ji,

I agree that people have lost faith and interest in these so called reality musical shows because all of them are scripted. It is always nice to see respectable singers like Asha ji on the Judges Panel. Hope her presence will attract some audience as she is known to tell the truth.

We have seen so many times that she leaves her chair before elemination and let the show Anchor read the results. Her comments have always been fair, genuine & impartial.
Edited by JasToronto - 11 years ago
trishancku thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Namaste Indra bhai, glad to see you still hanging around. Asha ji is like a breath of fresh air for this stale show totally dominated by the likes of Anu Malik. I hold him solely responsible for the sub-standard quality of singing on this show for the past 5 seasons and believe this time will be no different. In my opinion even Sunidhi & Salim are better than Anu in their judgement and appraisal of singers. My interest in this show is only towards  the budding singers who treat us with their raw talent and unbridled enthusiasm for music. 

At the same time i feel Ashaji will be sidelined by Anu Malik's imposing attitude in the coming weeks, he will try to project himself to be the last word on everything  and we will witness the singing going down the drain. At least we should be thankful this time that we will not be subjected to horrors like Farah Khan & Sonali Bendre on the panel.

Having said that I 'm looking forward to discuss about Ashaji and her evergreen songs. Let's keep our focus.

For starters here is one of my favourites, I feel as if Madhubalaji is herself singing, great picturisation, wonderful expressions, Ashaji in her naughtiest best in this song.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rFmmdUIbQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by trishancku - 11 years ago
trishancku thumbnail

... and this one a totally different song with deep pathos & melancholy. Wonder if these kind of soulful melodies will be ever made again.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ktkurqM2g[/YOUTUBE]

Here is an interesting youtube comment on this video,

Initially, Asha Bhonsle could not bring the depth of sadness in her voice as required for the song. S. D. Burman knowingly asked her if she doesn't remember her brother. This brought tears to her eyes as the relations between the two were strained which Dada knew. After that the song was recorded in one take.

Is it true, can anybody corroborate this?

Indradhanush thumbnail
Asha ji was very versatile, if she could sing dum maro dum , reminding of anti establishment , pshychidelic view of life, songs like jhoote naina bole immediately proves her grasp over classical nuances. 

Last time she often left stage before results were announced as Trishanku pointed.

It is not difficult to notice that the judges feel dwarfed by the presence of Asha Bhosle.
Indradhanush thumbnail
Regarding comment on Anu Malik downgrading the show, we must not forget the show is entirely scripted.

if they wanted to upgrade (if so) the show they could have brought sadhna sargam, kavita ji et al. 

I think AM has been instructed to acquire nuisance value and maintain it.

All the judges are there for money , nothing else. Deep inside they have accepted that these shows survive on cheap gimmicks and they must fall in line if they have to to survive.

AFAIR Asha ji was paid 5 crore last time for coming on the show. 
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i think she is amazing singer and she seems so spot on about things like feel to voice and all...i feel these days people try to sing too upscale to impress judges..
Asha has some of finest songs in films right from some very powerful and difficult numbers with OP nayyar to Great SD burman bringing her best out in sujata and  bandini along with many more...
i sincerely wish people do sing some of old numbers too this time in show...
trishancku thumbnail

Originally posted by: trishancku

... and this one a totally different song with deep pathos & melancholy. Wonder if these kind of soulful melodies will be ever made again.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ktkurqM2g[/YOUTUBE]

Here is an interesting youtube comment on this video,

Initially, Asha Bhonsle could not bring the depth of sadness in her voice as required for the song. S. D. Burman knowingly asked her if she doesn't remember her brother. This brought tears to her eyes as the relations between the two were strained which Dada knew. After that the song was recorded in one take.

Is it true, can anybody corroborate this?

😊Asha ji confirmed this incident on air in yesterday's episode. So here's one more of her gems from the same movie

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpXrL1q2z4[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by trishancku - 11 years ago
beetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am very happy Asha ji is on the show.  The best part so far has been she is giving us some lines in her voice and that is mesmerising.  It is a blessing to see her and hear her.
acjbmb01 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ashaji is really bringing credibility to the show. This year, according to me, we have a really good selection of singers in the top 10 and I think some credit goes to Ashaji for that. I actually look forward to watching the show because of her.