IPPKND SS:The Love Story on Page 3 (COMPLETED) - Page 94

Posted: 11 years ago
this was mind blowing, awesome, perfect, royal, cute, brilliant, fantastic, marvellous, magical...i am short of words man!! too good!!
Waiting fr the epilouge...the truth revealed ;) i told u na kunal is in their favor!! is he khushi's brother?? who might turn up holding anjali's hand?
That is one beautiful, visually, sensually and emotionally satisfying wedding I attended.  I have to say 'attended' that because I felt everything as if I was there in person in the front row  There was so much attention to detail.  Lovely.  Right down to Arnav yelling at NK for scaring the horse🤣.

Nice touch to reference and complete the Heer Ranjah scene.  my favorite part was where the couple are found by family holding each other.  

Arnav in wedding attire...😳
Edited by Anamika100 - 11 years ago

I hope I've done it justice. Thank you all for your support, for your unfailing encouragement, and for being such great readers--I have read and enjoyed your responses, every last one, and I am humbled by them! I hope this final update answers all your questions.  So here it is--the finale for "The Love Story On Page 3."Enjoy!

EPILOGUE:

About one month later. February 13, 2013

The dimly lit hotel room in a quiet suburb of Delhi did not look like the ideal setting for a business meeting, even though that, in essence, was what this was. A  business meeting. The candles glimmered in small niches along the wall, the bed looked soft, sensually inviting, the scent of white lilies wafted in the cool air. The man in this room had been waiting impatiently, and his source was already an hour late. His prematurely silver streaked dark hair was disheveled, and provided a striking contrast to the young, harsh features of his face. His body coiled and uncoiled, muscles moving sleekly under a perfectly cut Armani suit. He looked tense, and he had every reason to be--he had postponed an interview with the Education Minister for this meeting, and she was running late.

Wearing a sky blue translucent sari, her slender, elegant body decked in diamonds and encased in fine muslin, Anjali Raizada walked in, well aware of being late to her meeting in this room and clearly not giving a damn. Kunal Roy watched the sister of one of the most powerful men in Delhi enter, and sit across from him. Her face had become a bit of an obsession with Kunal of late, and today she looked just as composed as she had looked over the past week, during which the two of them had met frequently, always in this room, to plan the Page 3 exposes, one after the other.  

Including the time it had taken to prepare for a story so huge, Kunal had known and worked closely with Anjali, under conditions of  total secrecy, under hysterical media spotlight and pressure, for more than a month----and still she was an enigma. Other than the relationship of source and reporter, Kunal had nothing in common with this beautiful woman. He was a workaholic who had clawed his way up the ladder to run one of India's premiere papers, while she was a pampered rich aristocrat who had never had to work a day in her life. He came from a cheerful, comfortable middle class family, teeming with relatives and cousins. The Roy parivaar were a rowdy, loving, Bengali joint family, all settled in a sprawling compound in Kolkata, who Kunal visited whenever he could get away from Delhi. Anjali, aside from her ferocious devotion to her only brother, seemed to really not give a damn about anyone else.

But in one respect, Kunal had come to realize they were identical--he was a ruthless opportunist, who's brilliant mind made mincemeat of his opposition, who's bravery and sheer guts enabled him to thrive in a cutthroat world. And Anjali Raizada? She, who was in fact the mysterious source who had orchestrated this whole thing, the information, the leakings to the Delhi Sun? She who had provided the details about Khushi and Arnav, decided on using the totally clueless Lisa Kampadia as bait, who had decided on the content of each explosive Page 3 article?

This woman had, for one month made the entire media of India dance to her tune. She had evaded being caught out by Arnav himself, and had shaped the story of her brother's romance on her own terms. She had kept a watch on Khushi for five months, and made sure her brother and bhabi would be immortalized, together, when the time came. Without once revealing who she was, or what she was doing. And no one had known -- other than Kunal.  Kunal Roy didn't know much about Anjali Raizada, but he knew that she was the most devious, intelligent woman he had encountered in his fifteen years of journalism.  

Today was to be their last briefing. The hysterical adulation and scrutiny of "The Love Story of the Century," as her brother and sister in law's romance was now being dubbed in all the papers and media outlets, was finally dying out. It had been a month since the fabled wedding had splashed its colors all over the front pages of news papers and magazines, had been telecast on TV channels and streamed on live internet feeds.

Page 3,
and the Delhi Sun, had made history. Kunal Roy was now regarded as a living legend in journalism. He had pulled off the new generations' most elusive coup--- combining voracious demand for scandal with investigative reporting, all of it hyped up with brilliant promotional work. He had guaranteed, with the Arnav-Khushi juggernaut of a story, that the news cycle belonged to him, and him alone. The Page 3 coverage, and the hysteria surrounding this story ensured the Dehli Sun would remain in the top position in India, and abroad, for years to come.

All because of one idea, one small approach made to him directly, by this serene beautiful woman in a coffee shop in Delhi, one month ago. He had not known her, but had gone along because it was such a maverick, crazy, brilliant plan. A plan to help him win the ratings war, and help her win a war of her own. All this, done alone, the whole drama pulled off by just --the two of them. Reporter. Source. Among other things.

"How are they?" Kunal asked Anjali as she handed him her final notes, and returned the private, untraceable cell phone that had been their primary means of communication . Aside from their meetings in this hotel room to discuss strategy, plan the articles, the leaks. Among other things.

"Chote and Khushi? Happy! So happy, Mr Roy, they make you almost afraid to not believe in love, they glow with such joy. They returned from their honeymoon trip just a week ago, and Khushi won't be travelling anywhere for some time.

I wish you would tell me who wrote the Page 3 gossip pages, Mr. Roy. I'd have liked to thank your mysterious gossip writer myself-I found the way she used my information to come up with her updates really effective. And funny, too. I liked her style. Too bad you won't reveal her to me. From now on I'm going to be paranoid at all the society events, I know it!!
 Kher, choriye (well, forget it). Tell her your secret source said thank you, and her final piece can be about Chote and Khushi being a family.

You can use this last information in your final Page 3 news article about them-they are going to be parents soon! Everyone is healthy, and Chote could not be happier. Or more proud of her.

And tomorrow, they will celebrate their real wedding anniversary---14
th February. I timed all this for their first wedding anniversary, you know. So they would start their next year together. I guess this is my secret, private gift to them, a gift they will never ever know about--I wanted them to always be happy. And now, they will be. They needed to get married properly, but more importantly, publicly.

Khushi faced such pain, so much rejection, so many taunts- in fact, much of their relationship was done in secret, like she was someone to be ashamed off, like she was not worthy of Chote. The way their marriage happened was just the final insult.

We all needed to pay for the way we treated of our bride-- Khushi deserved to become Chote's wife with everyone's blessings, to have the wedding of her dreams, to have Chote's society people accept her, adore her like he does. Without it--- Chote, bless him, he would never have realized what was missing in their marriage, and Khushi would have been unhappy for years, without knowing why.

Now, our families know, the world knows, and, most importantly, Khushi knows how important she is to my brother. We made sure of that, in a spectacular way, Mr. Roy. I thank you for that."

This was the most Anjali had spoken about her family and Kunal, shrugging off his jacket and loosening his tie,  would not have been human had he not prodded-- just a little. Once a reporter, always a reporter. Of course, none of what she might reveal about herself, about her own motives would ever leave this room. The story, their purpose for the story, was done. It was over.

So, as he kissed her neck, sucking lightly on the tender skin there, it felt safe to ask his question.

"Anjali, why did you do it? Admitted, it was mahaan  (noble) of you to bring your brother and Khushi together--but the scandal of being exposed as the source would have torn your family apart!! From what I know of your brother, he would never have forgiven you, he is an intensely private man. What could your reason, you motives possibly be? Why would a woman like you take such a risk?" Anjali turned in Kunal's arms, looking into his eyes, deciding whether to trust him with this, the real secret she had never shared with anyone. Somehow, she wanted to be truthful, to be starkly honest, with him.  

"Mr Roy." Anjali moved to the bed.  Their time together had already been cut short by the lateness of her arrival. She slowly unwound her sari, draping it over a chair, shrugging off her choli, her petticoat. Gracefully, she sat naked in the middle of the bed, as she looked up at the powerful, enigmatic man who had helped her brother, and helped her, in vastly different ways. Kunal Roy was hardly anyone's knight in shining armor-the ruthless, pragmatic man that he was, he would always see to his own needs first. But, oddly, in the end, he had helped both brother and sister do the same thing-to find themselves again.

To love themselves, to feel loved, to forgive their own pasts, to correct past mistakes.

She answered him.

"Mr. Roy,  I told you when we started this Page 3 thing, that you cannot ask me this question.  But this will be the last time we meet, so here is my answer. I was the only person who could do this. The risk, the planning, the manipulation of the news so Khushi came back, so Chote realized what he needed to do to keep her'this was not a sacrifice. It was a duty, an obligation. Not a choice, not me being mahaan.

I am not
mahaan, or good, or pure, Mr. Roy. Chote thinks so, and I let him think it, He needs to believe it. He is my little brother, he does not fully see me as a woman. But I am only human.

I did it, because I knew about my husband's nature. From the beginning, before Shyam married me, I knew he was inherently--wrong , twisted. And I let him loose on my family. Long before he met Khushi, long before he tormented my brother, or became a criminal. I am a lawyer too, even though I never practiced law, even though I got married to Shyam right after law-school.  I know about crime, and criminals, and I knew what he was like-we were classmates, after all.

And I married him anyways, because I liked the lies and stories he made up to make me feel special.I fell in love, and I didn't care-- I lied to Chote so he wouldn't do a background check on Shyam. I lied to Nani even when I knew Shyam was with other women--and there were others-- or cheating his clients-and he did cheat. Steal.

Believe me, we women---we always
know our husbands. If he is an honorable man, a good man, like Chote--- we will know it in our hearts, no matter how much he hides it. If he is rotten to the core, like Shyam---we will know that too. Instinct.

I saw through all the lies, but I liked the ones he told me. I liked how those lies made me feel. So for three years, I let my selfishness rule my life. I lived for the fantasy of pretending to be a queen with Shyam as my adoring servant-I played that game, that role. The whole Khushi saga-that one, I admit, I never saw coming. But when it happened--I knew she was a victim, how could she not be, given Shyam's true nature?  But how could I tell everyone that, without revealing that I knew Shyam was the villain? That I had always known, that I had let him come into our lives, poison us?

I stayed silent. For me. For Naina, who had not even been born. And that broke me, not because of just the loss of my husband. I broke down because I hurt my brother. I kept the truth from him until the Guptas themselves revealed it.  And for what? A game. A mistake I made three years ago, with my marriage.

When Shyam was finally gone, after doing the worst thing he could--destroying my family--it was time to return, sooth samed, (with interest) the steep price Chote and Khushi paid for my stupid fantasy.

And as for Chote finding out...He may by the great Arnav Singh Raizada, Mr Roy. But I? --I am Anjali Singh Raizada. He is still my younger brother. You know the saying, don't you?- The female of the species is more dangerous than the male' and I am the female Raizada, Mr. Roy.

People always seem to forget that, somehow.

Mr. Roy--we have one hour and ten minutes, and I am a very busy woman. The drive back will take a longer time than usual, because off evening traffic, and I'll have to pick Naina up from daycare as well. And who knows where your Ms Gossip Writer for
Page 3 is hiding, what if she spots me leaving this hotel room!!

Now Mr. Roy---Tell me---Are you getting on this bed with me this evening, or are you not?"

Kunal Roy made love to Anjali Raizada, as he had frequently done for over month now, their bodies entwining, straining and parting, hushed sounds of low moans and soft kisses filling the room. There was passion, chemistry, but there was urgency as well--one one side, at least. Afterwards, to his silent amusement, she thanked him politely for an enjoyable evening, dressed, and left. As cool, as remote as ever.

Kunal, tangled in sheets, stretched out on his hotel bed, lit a cigarette, and thought about the strangeness of his own love story. A story that had not fully started, but which would soon begin.

A glowing face in a coffee shop, one month ago, one look into soft brown eyes, the touch of a satin skinned woman's hands on his shuddering body. No, the real story had only been glimpsed so far. This has been business. Anjali had just said she would never see him again, and she thought, quite honestly, that she meant that. This, Kunal knew. But Kunal also knew, that tomorrow was Valentine's Day. And, even though she still didn't realize it herself, he knew in his gut, knew by that instinct that had made him such a brilliant reporter, that Anjali  Raizada would be in that coffee shop, in Delhi, waiting for him to come and find her.

And this time, Kunal Roy and Anjali Raizada would not meet to talk about business. 

Kunal smiled softly, a tender smile, a smile filled with love, with humor, an expression that no one who knew this driven, ruthless man would have thought he was capable of.

Since the moment in Arnav's room on the evening of the wedding, when he had fixed Arnav's paagri--an instinctive action that was the job of the groom's brother---or brother in law---Kunal had realized with total shock that he had already fallen irrevocably in love with Anjali. He was already treating her family, her siblings, like they were his own. It was a revelation, to say the least, to realize that he was besotted by this aristocratic, pampered woman-- someone he would  never have imagined as his bride. Someone who's powerful, vicious brother hated his guts, who would fight any relationship that made them anything more than enemies.

Kunal had then and there vowed to himself that he would not let this woman go, no matter what the obstacle, no matter who stood in the way. Anjali was flawed, she was wounded and scarred--she was a manipulative, dangerous, brilliant woman. But she was his. Until Arnav's wedding, Kunal had been unsure of what he was feeling, but when Arnav had asked him that evening if they were related- Kunal knew, instantly, that they soon would be.

So, tomorrow, on 14th February, 2013, if Kunal Roy had anything to do with it, tomorrow was going to be the start of another love story. And no one was in a better position than he was to make sure that the wooing of another Raizada, the new love story of Anjali Raizada and Kunal Roy did not appear on Page 3 of the Delhi Sun.

After all, he was the anonymous person who wrote Page 3, wasn't he? There had never been any gossip writer, any mysterious society woman who wrote those articles-- Kunal had been writing all the updates, using Anjali's information. He had skillfully kept her from guessing his identity all along, even while they worked to give her brother and bhabi their immortal love story.

Some day, when they were finally together, he'd tell Anjali all about his secret-the final piece of the puzzle.  Maybe...who knew? Maybe he'd even tell Arnav and Khushi.

But first...that coffee date!

____________________finis_________________________

Thank you for reading "Love Story On Page 3"!! I hope you liked it. Now, PR/Advertising of my own! If you enjoyed this work, and if you'd like to check out some more of my writing, do take a look at the links below.

I have a  Fan Fiction,
"Perfection" which is ongoing (Links for Thread 1 and 2) as well as a small OS-- "Homecoming".Read on!

Perfection (Thread 1): https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2784901

Perfection (Thread 2):https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2904041

Homecoming :  
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2933278

Edited by napstermonster - 11 years ago
Fabulous. Now this was Perfection, ! OOPS! I mean a Great Love Story. We are waiting for Perfection!!!!.

I have read and read again each and every word.  And enjoyed each.
SEEMS I WAS FIRST. Yippy!!!😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
I had an inkling that it might be Anjali when I read her vehemently arguing with Kunal Roy that day at their house. :D Brilliant ending! :D

I shall miss this story! :) You could always elaborate on the Kunal - Anjali angle if you feel up for it! :)
LOVED IT! OMG! I always had this feeling it was Anjali. And Kunal's soo sweet. And Khushi's preggos! Wooh!  And he end was amazing! #BestEpilogueEver
That was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. 👏
The twists..who would have thought, quiet, docile and Ms.Perfect Raizada would be behind all this 😃

Hahahahaha! Who could have thought Anjali would be behind all this! Not bad! Learning from Manorama Bond, has she?! ;) :D

Loved it! Kunal and Anjali..awww! And WOAH too! I like!

Wonder what would ArHi's reaction be to this, specially Arnav's! ;) :D

Awesome SS! :)
I had a inkling about this twist! Such a brilliant story, I'm so sad it's finished...