Kuljeet quits squad because of Gauri

princess_dj thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Kuljeet Randhawa
Gauri Pradhan
While Kuljeet Randhawa has gone hoarse telling all and sundry that she opted out of UTV's Special Squad (Star One) because her debut film By Chance was approaching release, the truth of the matter is something else.

According to sources, Kuljeet did not take too kindly to the entrance of Gauri Pradhan into the show.

Deepak Sehgal, executive VP, Content and Communication, readily endorses that Kuljeet refused to continue in the serial due to Gauri's presence. Says Sehgal, "Kuljeet thought that she was not happening in the show anymore.

Earlier, Bhanu (Aryan) who is a NSD actor, overpowered her on screen with his strong body language. Gauri is also a very strong personality. Kuljeet felt she was the third most important person in the show.

We tried keeping Kuljeet back. We wanted to work out a triangle love story with her, Gauri and Bhanu. But she was adamant about leaving," he says, adding, "She did not tell us anything about the film By Chance."

By Chance release delayed

Surprisingly, Kuljeet continues to spin her yarn. She maintains that the only reason she quit Special Squad is because her film By Chance releases in July.

She claims, "I have a very interesting role in By Chance. I didn't want a television show going on when my film releases. It would go against my image. I told UTV that I would not continue beyond June because By Chance was scheduled for July. The promos are slated to be on air soon."

But when is By Chance releasing? Even the promos aren't on air yet. Kuljeet fumbles, "By Chance has been delayed owing to unforeseen circumstances but I don't mind.

Television is not the be-all and end-all of my life. I was a model before I joined Special Squad. Modelling assignments are still happening for me."

I don't know if she had a problem

When asked to comment on her relationship with Gauri, Kuljeet says, "Gauri and I shot for a very short time together. To develop friendship, one needs more time."

On the other hand, Gauri maintains a dignified silence on problems with Kuljeet. "I entered Special Squad in April. Kuljeet shot with me for just four episodes. Thereafter, I was away for a while because I was in Bangkok (with Hiten) to celebrate my wedding anniversary.

By the time I came back, I heard that she was out. I have no clue why she quit. If she had a problem with me, she never told me directly," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
😆😆 I wonder who is gonna watch her movie.

If someone will watch it, it will only be "By Chance"
greatmaratha thumbnail
thats just so sad....  i mean, its not as if gauri was a threat to her in personal life or something.  Gauri is married...  and so far as the serial goes, they are both such diff. characters that they complement each other... so where is the problem
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yeah gauri is so different from her....i think there should be some other reason behind leaving the show....
greatmaratha thumbnail
yeah... It cant be that this girl quit the show becos they introduced another character...  The way televison industry goes, they introduce new characters randomly to keep the pace going..
eternaldreamer thumbnail

well i guess it coz she didnt want the triangle thing

i mean cmon its so dumb its a crime show not a love story,besides it may not have been a personal issue with gauri just that the character of shaina may have had to play a third fiddle!

And id say i prefer SS with shaina these days its just too dull and lifeless with otu her crazy outbursts!!

shaina pls come back😭

annwesha thumbnail
anyone knows the reason?plzzz  write it then
nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sunny

sunny I couldn't stop 😆😆
cool star thumbnail
shaina was a strong character but nowadays films r priorities for the actors not the soap which gave them the fame this is wrong
natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sunny

😆