Arhi FF:Mirage Note pg 158 for next thread link - Page 28

Posted: 11 years ago
CHAPTER 7

Khushi stepped out of the car after a tiresome six hour journey. Her back was aching after sitting continuously and now she wished to stretch out her legs and relax herself. The weather outside was pleasant and she felt cool breeze hit her face. She looked wide eyed at the magnificent resort in front of her. Apparently, she had heard that it belonged to the father of the guy, who was hosting the party. She could see acres of trees surrounding the resort on one side. The resort had been situated atop an elevated area where one could get unhindered view of the city that sprawled beneath it.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she heard Lavanya's voice directed towards her as she lifted her luggage bag and went towards the hotel entrance. Khushi was too awestruck at the beauty to reply back.

"Karthik!" she heard Lavanya screaming out excitedly at her boyfriend, causing her to snap back to the reality. She could see him approach her, enthusiastically enveloping his huge hands over her body. "Baby! I missed you!" he said making Khushi loathe at his presence, sick to the core. He was the cheesiest person she had ever seen in her entire life. "Come let's go to your room." he said without even acknowledging Khushi's presence. Khushi tugged along behind them silently and entered the lobby of the resort.

At the reception, the receptionist handed over the room swipe card to Karthik and he led them to their rooms. Apparently, he had arrived at the resort in the morning and gotten himself familiar with every corner,  as if he had owned the place.

Khushi stepped into their luxurious room, which overlooked the city below them. It felt magical being inside it. She ran to the balcony to enjoy the view in front of her. Below her, she could see the huge swimming pool and people wading in it.

"Freshen up yourself. I'll be arriving to pick you up at 7:00 pm for the party. Bye Baby!" he said pecking Lavanya's cheek and went away, leaving the two to themselves.

o0o

Arnav stepped out of his car followed by Aman. He picked up his huge bag from the back and strode towards the entrance in front of them. Dressed up in a green polo shirt and beige shorts, with brown aviators accompanying his eyes, no one could ever say he worked for Delhi's most vicious Mafia.

"Your name Sir?" the receptionist asked them waiting for an answer.

"Rishab Malhotra from Delhi." Aman said quickly while Arnav glanced around the entire lobby for that face. She wasn't to be seen anywhere.

"Your key Sir! Room No. 1104." She said handing over the swipe card to Aman. He took them and led Arnav to the elevator.

After reaching their floor, they stepped out and entered their room, settling their luggage on the bedside. Arnav went towards the balcony, observing people around him roaming around the resort garden.

"Let the game begin!" Arnav muttered under his breath, removing his aviators and flexing his tightened neck muscles.

o0o

Khushi looked at herself for the nth time in the mirror. She had worn a gorgeous Red Anarkali suit for the party. Even though Lavanya had offered her a white knee length dress, she had refused. Khushi always believed in wearing something that she was comfortable with. She didn't dress for the world. She dressed for herself.

Her hair was let loose on either sides of her shoulder. A simple silver pendant adorned her neck adding to her pristine beauty. Her thoughts were suddenly broken by Lavanya's voice.

"Khushi! How do I look?" she asked stepping out in a black party wear dress. Her hair had been curled up in a roll and pinned up, exposing her creamy neck that was adorned with stunning diamond jewellery.

"You look perfect!" Khushi exclaimed mesmerized at the beauty of her friend. "Do you think he will like me in this?" she asked as Khushi rolled her eyes. Not again!

"Yup, he will." She murmured when they heard someone ring the door bell.

Lavanya went and opened the door to let in her boyfriend who was dressed up in a white t-shirt and denim accompanied by a black vest. "Let's go!" he said holding out a hand to her, while Khushi silently followed behind them.

o0o

Arnav stepped into the party area that was mostly crowded with youngsters going crazy on the dance floor. He looked around everywhere for that perfect place where he would be undisturbed by wild teenagers and where he could also get unhindered view of all people around him. His eyes stopped at one place and contented with it, he strode towards it while Aman followed behind him.

Wearing black shirt and denim, he had carefully gelled up his hair, something that he always dreaded to do, for the sake of looking like a part of the young crowd. He didn't want to raise anyone's suspicion by looking out of place.

He took his place at the bar counter and ordered a vodka for both of them. He took a sip from his glass, when he suddenly heard Aman whispering into his ears. "Five O'clock direction."

After counting five seconds in his mind, he turned around in that direction. But what caught his eyes wasn't the girl dressed in black. It was the shy looking girl, in a red Anarkali suit, who was hiding behind the front girl. Apparently, she looked quite uncomfortable with the glances people were giving her. He didn't fail to notice her nervously clutching the sides of her dress.

The black girl moved aside to reveal her face completely. And all of a sudden, he felt goosebumps crawling over his skin.

To say she had one of the prettiest faces he had ever seen would be too less a compliment. To him, she looked absolutely stunning and gorgeous in the beautiful dress. Simple, yet elegant. He would have continued to stare at this beauty for eternity, had he not been interrupted by Aman's voice.

"Bhai! Bhai! Are you alright?" he asked worried seeing him staring ahead without blinking his eyes even for a second.

"What?" he asked in a dreamy voice snapping back to Aman's face.

"Bhai! Where are you looking at? She's gone that side." He said directing his eyes towards the centre of the dance floor, where Lavanya was grooving to the loud music along with her boyfriend. Arnav immediately looked in Lavanya's direction. "Spoiled rich brat!" he muttered under his breath, closing his eyes tightly. He always hated to see people like these, who wasted their life and money just because they had the privilege to be born in a rich family, when there were millions others around them who didn't even have the privilege of a single meal. His heart throbbed with a strange pain remembering his own childhood where he had spent nights on the streets without a morsel of food nor a roof over his head.

No! He couldn't dwell on the past. The past was renowned to haunt even the best of people and destroy their lives. And after going through so much, he wasn't going to let anything come between him and his future and dreams.

He opened his eyes only to be greeted with the sight of the same red Anarkali suit girl standing in a corner, away from everyone else. He couldn't understand why his eyes were directed only towards her direction. There was something very familiar about her. But he just couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Focus! He reminded himself and looked at Lavanya's direction. After what seemed like twenty minutes, during which he had glanced at the red Anarkali suit girl for the hundredth time, Lavanya finally excused herself from her boyfriend and came towards the bar, standing beside the two of them, completely oblivious to their presence.

She looked at the bartender, completely confused as to what drink to order. Seeing the opportunity presenting itself in front of him, Arnav asked the bartender. "One Martini for the beautiful lady here, from my side." He peeked from the side of his eyes to gauge her reaction.

"Thanks!" she said instantly turning towards his direction.

Yes! This was going to be easier than he had thought.

"You're welcome." He said casually with a smirk on his face. "So you seemed to be enjoying the party?"

"Yeah! It's really nice." She said smiling back at him. She observed him from top to bottom. She hadn't seen him ever before. Maybe he wasn't from their college. Hot. Charming. Tall. Ooh! A ladies Man. Nice! She mentally noted to herself.

"So are you Kunal's friend?" she asked wanting to know more about him.

"Yes. We did our schooling together. And you?"

"No. But he's my senior in the college."

She saw that her Martini was ready at the counter. "By the way, I'm Lavanya. Lavanya Kashyap." She said wanting to know his name.

Getting the cue, he replied, "I'm Rishab Malhotra. Nice meeting you, Lavanya." Arnav said holding out his hand. If he was in a mission, he rather used an alias to avoid getting traced back.

She instantly put her hand forward and shook it. "I guess I'll be seeing you around these three days." He said letting go of her hand, while she took the Martini glass in her hand and went towards the dance floor, only to turn around and flash a smile back at him.

Mission Accomplished.

o0o

Khushi stood to a side, away from the people in the dance floor. Somehow, she wasn't feeling comfortable with the atmosphere. Maybe it was because this was the first time she had attended such parties.  She looked at Lavanya enjoying at the centre of the dance floor. Sometimes, she wondered how were they still friends when their lifestyles were completely opposite to each other. Maybe such differences didn't matter to friendship. It was above all and from the heart.

As she was silently observing everyone, she noticed someone approaching her.

"Hey, are you new here?" A guy asked her, scanning her from top to bottom. He looked like one of the guys from Lavanya's college. But something about his eyes, gave Khushi a bad vibe.

"Yes. I'm Lavanya's friend." She replied uncomfortably.

"Oh! Lavanya Kashyap's friend." He said looking at Lavanya on the dance floor. He waved back at her, while she waved back at him and left the dance floor. "Wanna dance?" he asked smirking at her, offering his hand.

"No, I'm not interested. Sorry." She said politely not wanting to get any closer to this man.

"Don't be a spoilsport Babe! Come and dance." He said roughly pulling her hand. By now she suspected he was high on alcohol.

Not wanting to create a scene, she firmly pulled away her hand. "Sorry Honey! I said I'm not interested." She said furiously and walked away from there, leaving him completely flabbergasted. How dare she! He muttered to himself and followed behind her.

o0o

As soon as Lavanya went back to the dance floor, Arnav's eyes automatically moved towards the place where the red Anarkali suit girl stood minutes earlier. But to his surprise, she wasn't there anymore. He scanned his eyes everywhere until he finally saw her leaving the place. To his surprise, he also saw a guy following her. Involuntarily, he stood up in his place. "Aman! I'll be right back." He said and followed the other two outside.

He saw her walk into the long corridor towards the lobby, while the man furiously fastened his pace. And suddenly, he saw him yanking her hand from behind and pulling her forcefully towards him. Arnav lurked in the shadow, not wanting to alert them of his presence and silently observed the whole scene unfolding in front of his eyes.

"Do you think you are smart, Behenji?" he heard the man blaring at her, holding her arm tightly.

"Bad move! BhaiSaab!" she said as she punched him hardly on his nose with her free hand, her ring on her middle finger leaving a bruise on his nose causing it to bleed.

"Ow! You B*tch!" he screamed holding his nose with his hand letting go of her arm. She turned around, flipping her hair furiously and walked ahead to the lobby.

Arnav was left completely speechless at this girl's action. He rather felt pity on the guy who was now wincing with pain like an injured puppy. He walked towards the injured man and placed a hand on his shoulder. The injured guy looked surprisingly at the owner of the hand, still clutching his nose.

"Ouch! That must hurt." Arnav said removing the hand from the man's face. "Never lust after your Behen!" he said and with one jab on his face, knocked him down completely unconscious on the floor.  

Fiesty girl. He thought grinning to himself and turned back to go to Aman who was waiting for him.

Apologies if the story isn't going in a way you expect it. But this is the first time I'm writing an FF, and I guess I suck with the continuity part of it. It's just that my brain is flooded with too many ideas and I'm super confused as to which direction to choose. But I would like to thank everyone, who inspite of this are reading it.🤗

I don't update on fridays and saturdays. So next update will probably be next sunday. So hopefully by then, I will get a grip on this story. So you needn't stalk this FF for the next two days.😃
Edited by molten_lava - 11 years ago
heyyy arnav saw khushi! he is admiring her it was lovely
is arnav going to kidnap lavanya? oh poor lavanya...
superb update, keep it up
yay arnav is admiring khushi, but doesnt remember her fully yet. hope khushi sees him soon.
xxx
res :D :D

If you didn't have me drooling already at this,

Dressed up in a green polo shirt and beige shorts, with brown aviators accompanying his eyes

You definitely got me here!!
"Let the game begin!" Arnav muttered under his breath, removing his aviators and flexing his tightened neck muscles.

What an update, Ray!!!

And a feisty Khushi??!!

Moi like!!! 😉 😆

Edited by -_-harsh42 - 11 years ago
Great going... loved khushi punching the guy !!!

simply superb...

arnav looking at khusi- it was lovely...women power i lyk it...khusi's feisty...khusi punched a total stranger right on his nose tht was terrific..i was lykk **ouch poor guy but the guy deserved it**

love the progression of the story!

i ll miss ff for the next two days...continue soon!!:D i m an official stalker of this ff...

Great update. I thought Khushi was brave for helping Arnav earlier but now i defo no the girls got guts. Go girl.

I like Arnavs reaction when he saw her, i was hoping it would be such.

Ps give yourself more credit, your an amazing writer and this FF has definately got me interested. Cant wait for next update.

Great update!!
Loved the last part especially!!
Update soon :)
aww he instantly liked her😍
no no you don't suck,it's really good 
the continuity and the way you are handling the story is really nice
nice update
will be waiting for the next update
Omg.!! Cant wait for the next part.!! Aww it was so cute wen he was admiring her..