Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Ritzy, after reading your note, I'm so eager to see the different aspects of Geet and to know her career choice, this is gonna be very interesting.

But what getting really interesting is Geet's reaction to Maan & I can't wait to see Maan reaction when he see Vicky running to Geet and seeing them close. I'm now really impatient to read further. The wait is gonna be very difficult, please update soon.

Dee 😊

meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

any chance of update today ,weekend mein ek update banta hai na ritzy . 😍

faria86 thumbnail
waiting 4 the next update 😊
tes_v1 thumbnail
It was short but crisp. The emotions and understanding were well brought out. It's great to know that being the practical man that Maan is, he has agreed to the wedding. And Geet, by praising Maan has proved that she is not a stubborn woman but rather, she cares for the truth. Now, it'd be interesting to see how Geet 'falls in love' with Maan bcoz that's the only way she's gonna agree for the marriage.
swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome update...
gud to c maan kinda making his mind for marriage...
aww cant wait for the next one..
continue soon
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

I am truly overwhelmed with the comments and responses I got for the last update. Thank you so much and I have no words to explain how emotional I am feeling. But somewhere I am scared too that will I be able to manage your expectations. I am so nervous that could not write anything this weekend. But as I have few banks I am managing to post the next chapter.

Also I wanted to respond to all of you individually but time is a constraint. So not doing it this time but will try my best to respond next time

CLARIFICATION

Some of you have expressed concerns over Maan's thinking about this marriage. First of all thanks a lot for your feedback as it means a lot to me. Secondly, my apologies because I don't think I was able to justify my thought process very well. Hence this clarification.

Maan is not demeaning marriage at all. He is just being practical…though I agree too practical. He thinks he has moved on and is ready to marry. He thinks of physical relationship, because in his mind he does not want to shirk away any responsibility of a husband. He feels that, friendship, companionship and physical intimacy along with financial security should give a good base to their marriage. He is still suffering from trauma and at this point just doesn't think that he can love someone as much as he loved Poonam.

But he is ready to try to be a good husband and fulfill the expectations from any successful marriage as usually defined in our society.

Now will his pragmatic approach work? Will he be able to do what he thinks he will do? Will Geet accept it and will it be enough for her? This is something you will know only as story progresses.

Lot of you also asked me about his thinking about kids. I take in a lot in my FFs from my real life experiences.  Well some of my friends are going through the process of finding a match. As one approaches thirty, one of the question on the mind is how soon another partner wants a baby. So it is not something people don't think about and discuss.

Last but not the least, I may not be a full blown feminist but truly believe that a woman has to control her own destiny. So Geet in this FF will take all the decisions. She will decide if she wants to marry or not, if she wants to stay in the relationship or not and what are her own needs and expectations.

My request is that give it a chance and off course do let me know if I am not depicting what I want to tell. Your feedback is very important to me. This FF has a very complex character of Maan and I am writing something so intricate for the first time. So please bear with me and continue to support with your comments and feedback which show me to take right path and make this story better.

Love you all. Thanks for hearing my long bak bak and now enjoy the next chapter.

VERY IMPORTANT: Please add ritzypm as buddy to gets PMs for this FF

Chapter 5

Geet hugged Vicky and smiled – "Hi Vicky…kaise ho aap. Waise hum aapse naraaz hain…poore 2 months ke baad time mila hai aapko hum se milne ka…hmmm"

[Hi Vicky…how are you? You know I am upset with you…you got time after full two months to meet me…hmmm]

Maan was astounded by her sweet voice which was full of mischief. Her eyes twinkled and somewhere he acknowledged that she was stunningly beautiful. He looked on as Vicky settled in her arms and he wondered how she has been able to charm the shy boy so quickly.

Vicky excitedly started talking about his bade papa recounting the incident of his name. Geet listened to the boy talking animatedly and walked towards the centre.

Maan stood up as Daadi ma did the introductions. Geet just smiled sweetly whereas Rahul shook hands with him and Dev.

Daadima and Meera engaged in the talks mainly as Maan just sat and observed.

Meera – "Acha Geet, tumhaara dance and gaana toh humne us din mandir mein dekh liya. But what do you do otherwise? Do you help uncle in business?"

[So Geet, we saw your dancing and singing at the temple that day. But what do you do otherwise? Do you help uncle in business?"]

Geet smiled – "Business and me are two opposite poles. Waise bhi thinking too much about money is not my cup of tea. Uske liye Papa and Rahul kaafi hain. I have done masters in engineering from studies perspective. But as a career, I have just recently joined an art gallery"

["Business and me are two opposite poles. Moreover, thinking too much about money is not my cup of tea. For that Papa and Rahul are enough. I have done masters in engineering from studies perspective. But as a career, I have just recently joined an art gallery"]

"Art Gallery?" – Maan who till now was just listening could not stop from asking. He was intrigued beyond words as to what an engineer will do in an art gallery.

Daadi ma smiled seeing his interest and she knew she has taken a right decision. Geet was a complex enigmatic woman who was mature but at the same time knew how to live fully.

Geet felt a little heat at that question. She had been asked that many a times before but Maan's piercing gaze made her go pink slightly. Instantaneously she chided herself for her behavior and answered confidently - "Actually I love machines and I love painting. So I did masters in engineering specializing in mechanization. After college I had lot of job offers including one from Handa Industries but then I realized that if I did job I will not be able give time to my painting. So I chose an alternative route. I work as a painter and got affiliated with an art gallery but at the same time I do part time consultation and lectures for IIT Delhi and DEC (Delhi Engg College)"

Maan was amazed at her thinking. She was indeed quite different from anyone he had met till now. His interest was really piqued now. "IIT Delhi and DEC….wow….they let you take guest lectures"

Meera and Dev just passed a knowing look to Daadima.

Dev's st  - "Bro, itna kab se bolne lage…sach mein Geet mein jadoo hai"

[Since when did bro started to talk so much…Geet has some magic truly]

Geet smiled at the admiration in his voice. "I will take that as a compliment. Thanks. Yes I did my masters from MIT, Boston after doing engineering from IIT Delhi. Also, I have published some papers on practical machinery. I also got a lucky break as I know the HOD from mechanical engg very well in IIT"

Rahul laughed – "Don't go on her words. She is as much a geek as possible when it comes to machines. We have a lab in our garage and she just goes mad when it comes to machines. Just that she looks different from nerds and she loves to paint"

Dev – "It is a rare combination Geet"

Geet just smiled.

Rano – "Maan would you like to see Geet's paintings. She has a studio on the terrace"

Geet immediately responded – "Come on mummy you don't want to bore the guy"

But Maan spoke almost at the same time - "I will love to see…if it is not a problem"

Geet just shrugged her shoulders and Maan went with her to the terrace.

Geet studio comprised of a large single room hut on the roof with one wall comprising of glass. It was quite spacious with wooden flooring and one easel in the centre of the room. There was a cupboard to keep painting supplies and canvases. Some paintings stood line by line on one wall whereas the opposite wall had just one painting hung in the middle.

Maan looked around the room – "It is a nice room"

Geet smiled – "Thanks. I kept one wall of glass as it helps me in connecting with nature."

Maan looked at the paintings stacked on the wall. They were quite different from each other. Some had trees; some filled with people and some a mix

Geet saw his gaze – "I am doing a new theme for the art gallery. It is on lanes of Delhi. I am trying to capture different roads and the essence they posses."

Maan was surprised at the detailing and the spirit behind each painting. He nodded his head in appreciation "These are really good Geet. Tum bahut achi painter ho"

["These are really good Geet. You are very good painter"]

While Maan studied the paintings, Geet studied him. She was enamored by his eyes as they observed the canvases. His eyes were like deep pools. To someone ordinary, they may seem emotionless and hard eyes of a businessman but to her artist mind, she could see some deep emotions behind those eyes. For some reason her heart squeezed at the dark feeling of some sort of pain she felt in those eyes.

She was startled from her observation as his eyes went to the lone painting on the opposite wall. Maan did not know but he felt as if an unknown force pulled him towards it. It was a painting of girl whose almost back and slight side profile was visible. Her hair was flowing as she gazed at the clear blue sky. Her one hand was outstretched while the finger tips of other one touched the colorful hue of flowers in the meadow she stood.

""Hope" – That is the name of the painting. Girl is very ordinarily dressed in white signifying purity and also because it enhances the contrast with her surroundings. She stands amidst nature hoping.

Though there is no sun on the horizon but the light of the painting signifies the warmth as she stands looking up to clear skies touching soft petals, breathing the crisp air and feeling the nature with her outstretched hands."

"It is beautiful"

Geet studied Maan as he uttered those words. She was once again drawn to the depth of his chocolate eyes. But this time there was a yearning for hope along with the dark pain.

But the tapestry of his eyes changed quickly once again to be replaced by obtuseness. He still kept on staring at the painting and repeated again "It is beautiful. Will you sell it?"

Geet laughed out aloud captivating Maan with its sound - "No, I will not sell it Mr. Khurana. This is my first painting after I completed my college and decided to take painting professionally. It is very close to my heart and I can not part with it"

Maan nodded his head in acknowledgement. They stood for few moments looking onto the painting.

"I was engaged to be married before. But my fianc…my fi…she…"

Geet spoke as Maan struggled for words – "I know. She met a fire accident on the day of marriage. Daadima told dad and he mentioned it to me. I am sorry."

Maan just stood silent not letting her know of his thoughts and inner turmoil. He spoke again after composing himself "I was never involved with anyone else seriously. But I did feel very strongly about her and thinking about this marriage has been a very hard decision for me. I can only offer you my friendship as the base for going forward but I am ready to do so"

Geet understood his unspoken words – "I understand Maan. You lost her on your wedding day and that must have been terrible. I am not sure where we are headed but I just want you to know that I have never been in any serious relationship either."

She smiled and finally faced him – "And also that I appreciate your honesty. I truly believe that there is nothing more important than truth in any relationship be it friendship or anything else"

Maan finally looked holding her gaze. He liked her maturity and the fact that she understood him at some level.

They left the studio to go back to the living room but not before Maan gazed once again at "Hope"

Precap –Decision

piya- thumbnail
R

-------EDITED------

This is what I wanted to see and I agree with Geet completly TRUST AND HONESTY is the base of any relationship and personally I feel Girls appreciate the ones who speak the truth

Geet understood maan's hidden emotions and there was something that connected Maan with Geet

he was actually taking interest in her hobbies

Di main bahut khush hoon k maan ne geet se saaf saaf keh diya k he is not sure if he will be able to love anyone in a similar way as he loved poonam agar main Geet ki jagah hothi toh main zarur haan kehthi kyunki i feel k aapka lifepartner bhale hi rich na ho par he should be honest regarding the relationship

waise i was right to some extent k geet aur maan ka relationship friendship se start hoga aur shadi k baad dheere dheere pyar ho hi jaayega maybe geet would realize her love for maan first

continue soon Di

Di do check ur dashboard maine aapko kuch testimonials bheje hai

love-Piya
Edited by piya- - 12 years ago
lively-piia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
dis geet is a rare combo...
perfect match 4 msk...
cont
angelic_cute thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wow 
incredible

awesome 
brilliant 

outstanding 
the description of the painting was amazing 
i m speechless not getting words into sentences 
how to describe that how i felt by reading this part 

zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
lovely part dear

i am glad that maan's past was not hidden from geet, and maan also told her...and i am awestruck by geet's answer, she is definitely the one for maan 😊