awsmmm update dear...
loved it.😊 

Thank you guys :)
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ruhakhan

nice maan is asking for geets photo and who is dis rahul do update soon

Rahul was introduced in chapter 18. He is fellow who after Geet.

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

Hi thanks 4 da pm for part 22 n 23..read 22 n already commnented lol. Part 23 was awesum, well written! Love geet! HAte Rahul! Maan needs to tell his friends abt him n Geet! Update soon

Yeah Maan needs to tell his friends about Geet...lets see when he comes around to do that.

Originally posted by: Krishnaluv94

Love love loved it!!! Amazing update! Argh, Rahul!! Maan better do something about that moron!

Glad you liked the update :)
jazzerette thumbnail

Thank you😊
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: Eowyn

Rahul Geet ke peeche...Rasika Maan ke peeche...

Geet-Maan tho ek dhoosre ke mann mein hi...
So kis dil se kaun dil milenge ...
Bottomless pits...that was funny...

Well agla update bata hi dega...kis ka dil kis se milne waala hai :)
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jimzi2716

Rahul ka Geet se aur Rasika ka Maan se koi connection nahi ho sakta...Sirf Maan ka Geet se connection ho sakta haiπŸ˜‰

ROFL!!! True ;)

I can't believe Maan asked for Geet's photo...but not sure is it for himself or to show Tejji & PammiπŸ˜•I hope its for dual purpose...πŸ˜†Maan ke dil ki ghanti baj hi gayi aakhir...πŸ˜›
Dekho...what goes in his head...who knows?? (ME!) Lolzz

Let see holi ke din kiske dil milte😳 hai aur kiske sil tutate hai...πŸ₯Ί

I so wish that Maan go to Amritsar for holi & Rahul get to know abt Geet's engagement..Geet aur Maan ke dil mil jaaye😍 
Kaashhh!!!

Come up wih next update soon Jazz...can't wait for it..😳

Originally posted by: -Sangs-

as usual i forgot to edit my comment..

Jazz..awesome update ji.. Maan wants Geet ka photooo.. Wah re wah , Maan sudhar raha hai.. πŸ˜‰

Glad you liked the update sakhi :)
Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail
Chapter 24
In the Guise of the Colors

(March 7, 1982...)
(Army Cantonment, Roorkee...)

"Welcome Home Mrs Patel," Aditya smiled at his wife as they entered their home. It was late evening, 7th of March that Aditya finally had brought Pinky to his world, his regiment after fourteen months of marriage.

"Hmm, this is so nice and cozy," Pinky beamed as she took in their living quarters, "and we will finally have a home to call our own Adi, just you and me."

"Yes it will be just..."

A shrill ring of an alarm clock went off from somewhere inside interrupting Aditya mid-sentence. Shock gave away to irritation as the alarm's sharp ring could not be located immediately. A frantic search later the alarm clock was found under the mattress in the spare bedroom.

An incredulous Pinky plopped down on the bed, "Who kept this here?"

"No clue," Aditya replied, "probably Kishore, the helper who is has been assigned to me."

"Weird fellow! Who keeps an alarm clock under the mattress?"

*shhrriiinnng*

No sooner had the words left Pinky's mouth another alarm rang through the house. Running around to end the auditory torture they finally managed to locate it in one of the cupboards in the kitchen.

Pinky smashed her hand on the clock's snooze button and heaved a sigh of relief.
But the night had just begun.

When the third alarm had went off and later found behind the grill in the fireplace Aditya realized that this was the official welcome his fellow officers and families were giving his wife. He turned around to tell Pinky this but one glance at her red puffed face made him swallow his words and fidget with his glasses.

*shhhriiinnggg*

"Hei...hei...hei..."

"Oh shut up Adi!"

The fourth one was found in the shoe rack in the gallery. Fifth was found in one corner of the uniform wardrobe. Sixth behind the flush tank in the washroom. Seventh in the luggage loft above the gallery. Eighth in exhaust fan vent in the kitchen. And the ninth one was hidden all the way behind in the kitchen garden area of the house.

"Please God let this be the last one! Adi," Pinky glared at her husband, "you better find out who is behind all this or else!"

I think soon we will find it for ourselves. Something told him that the tenth alarm would soon set off and signal the finale of this ordeal they were put through.

*shhhriiinnnggg*

This time the sound came from outside the main door.

As soon as the couple opened the door they saw few officers and ladies standing outside. The officer in front stood holding the alarm clock and smirked at Aditya before turning a charming smile towards Pinky. He held the ringing clock towards and greeted, "Capt Maan Singh Khurana at your service Ma'am. On behalf of the ladies and officers of the regiment, welcome to Roorkee Mrs Patel."

(March 8, 1982...)
(Handa Haveli, Amritsar...)

The girls were getting ready to leave the house for their college as Rano was clearing away the breakfast table.

"Girls remember Holi is two days away so you better be careful," saying so she wished them goodbye as the girls headed towards the gate.

"Ma is right," Sameera spoke up, "you two better be careful. You know how the boys in Khalsa College are.  And this year Papaji is not around to drop you to college," she referred to the fact that Mohinder was out of town.

"We will take care Di," Meera agreed, "but what about you? Your school is in the outskirts of the city."

"Don't worry," Sameera assured, "I will be going with Darshan Aunty as usual, so I will be fine."

They waved each other goodbye and headed towards their respective institutions.
On reaching college, Meera headed off towards her wing and Geet headed to her class.

But today getting in the class seemed difficult.

Few guys, some of whom she didn't even recognize as fellows from her college were obstructing the way to the class. The girls were lined up at the entrance and each was being applied a little color to before they were allowed to enter.
Geet looked on horror-stricken as despite obvious reluctance the girls were being coerced into this situation. One of the decent guys from her class tried protesting but he was threatened to stay quiet.

"Wonderful festival," one of them was saying, "no other festival allows us to mingle with girls so freely. This is highly conducive for a healthy environment of a co-education college."

Oh my God! Maybe I should turn back.

"You," a voice called out to Geet, "come here please. No need to run. We are just wishing each other Holi."

"Is she the one Rahul bhai?" another whispred, "Bilkul totta* hai!!

"Chup kar saaleya," Rahul shut him up as Geet neared them. "Aao ji. We just wish to spread the Holi cheer. Nothing else. You won't disturb you after this at all. Promise!" Rahul pinched his neck to make the promise.

Geet stood there frozen to her spot. Sweat broke on her forehead. Scared, disgusted and on the verge of tears she looked on as he dabbed a little color on her cheek. Her stomach churned at his touch and all she wanted to do was vomit the bile that had risen.

"Happy Holi ji," Rahul sniggered.

She shut her eyes and made to move from there.

"I wished you Happy Holi," Rahul blocked her way, "won't you wish me back? Or didn't I wish you properly? Should I repeat?" He raised his hand towards her again.

"Happy Holi," she spat at him before the little courage that she had in her gave away and quickly sought refuge in her class as the laughter from the hallway chased after her.

(Late Night, March 8...)
(Army Cantonment, Roorkee...)

"Please Capt Dhillon I can't take this anymore," Pinky pleaded, "Capt Khurana is nowhere stopping. Atleast you take a break."

Everyone was rolling and bending over with laughter as Maan and Tejbir were regaling them with many of their jokes and anecdotes. The two friends were so tuned with each other that their pair was super-hit when it came to entertaining friends.

"What do you say Maan? The lady has made a request," Tejbir asked his friend.

"Well the lady had complained that we had reduced her to tears yesterday. I am simply being a gentleman and making due amends," Maan replied in a teasing manner.

"But you will give me stomach aches this way," Pinky complained.

The prank was Maan's idea keeping in the tradition of welcoming an officer's wife with a little mischief. The easy-going and affable Pinky, who was earlier irritated by the random alarms was now enjoying pulling Maan's leg about it. She clearly seen the affection the small group had bestowed on her behind the prank.

"Women! There is just no pleasing them," Maan dramatically rolled his eyes, "I sympathize with you buddy," he teased Aditya.

"Wait till you get married," Aditya retorted, "I would like to see your efforts in keeping your lady appeased after we play our welcome prank on her."

"Come on Aditya," Tejbir guffawed, "why ridicule a poor female? As it is she would be cursing her family for getting her married to Maan. Why add our names to the list?"

"I don't believe it," Rasika jumped in, "I think any girl would be lucky to marry Capt Khurana."

Maan raised his brow at this while Tejbir gave him a smirk which Maan knew translated to you-are-one-lucky-dog-getting-defended-by-girl. Ignoring Tejbir's looks he turned towards Rasika, "That was sooo very gallant on your part Miss Rathore."

Rasika grinned at him, her little pretty brain missing the obvious sarcasm in his tone. However, his tone was not lost on Anupama who glared at him.

Great! First Teji is giving me looks, now Pammi. Someone would think both are married to me rather than each other. He shrugged dismissively at them and turned back to the conversation in the room.

"This is not fair Adi," Pinky was complaining, "you always told me stories of fun and adventure of your Army life but I got welcomed by such an irritating prank. I was expecting dinners, parties, picnics," she mock glared at Maan, "charming company..."

"Ma'am," Maan stood up, "if fun and adventure is what you want then we can have it right now. Have you ever danced around a bonfire at mid-night Ma'am?"

"Now?"

"Ofcourse, if Maan says now then now it is," Tejbir quipped, "the correct question here my friends is how?"

"Bikes for us and jeep for you," Maan replied matter-of-factly, "how about a two hour road trip to Rishikesh? I believe it is worth visiting around Holi."

(Half an hour later...)

"Do you think it was right to send Rasika with Maan?"

"It is a perfect opportunity," Anupama replied, "this way Maan can know Rasika better. Things might progress between the two."

"Hmm."

"Don't sound so pessimistic. I am sure things will work out for good."

"Pammi," Tejbir looked at her as the jeep turned a bend in the road, "if you think that it is an easy task for any girl to snare Maan Singh Khurana in her charms then you don't know your rakhi-brother as well as I know my best mate."

"Maane ta ki?" [What do you mean?]

He slowed the jeep a little, "Look ahead for yourself."

A few meters ahead a motorcycle stood with two figures standing next to it.

As the jeep came to a stop near them, Maan who was leaning casually against the bike jerked his head towards Rasika, "Miss Rathore was feeling chilly. I even gave her my jacket but she kept clutching at me due to the cold. I think it will be better for her health if she comes with you in the jeep."

A miffed Rasika started to sit in the jeep. Her lovely plans of cozying up with Maan had been dashed.

"Umm...Miss Rathore," Maan called her from behind, "can I have my jacket back?"

She crushed the lapel of the jacket in her hand, "Yeah sure!"

She removed the jacket and almost threw it him.

He grabbed it with his right hand while turning on the keys with his left. "See you guys in Rishikesh," he revved up the engine, "Stay warm Miss Rathore," he advised a burning Rasika.

(March 9, 1982...)
(Amritsar...)

"You are not well? What happened?" She touched the forehead with the back of her hand, "Oh my God! You are running a high fever!"

Sameera was standing inside Darshan Kaur's house and speaking to the lady herself. Darshan Kaur, or Darshan Aunty as her colleagues fondly called her, was a 51 year old teacher in the same school where Sameera taught. When Sameera became the youngest girl to join the ranks of the teachers at their school she was immediately taken under the care of the kind and motherly Darshan. Within days they became more of friends than mere colleagues. Since the school was on the outskirts of the city, Darshan had deemed it proper that Sameera travels with her daily. Hence a routine set in whereby Sameera would first come at Darshan's home and then together they would hail an auto-rickshaw till the school.

This arrangement, in addition to Darshan's love and care, went a long way to appease Mohinder and Rano of their daughter's safety and well-being. Especially on days like these. Tomorrow being Holi the mischief-mongers were already lurking around with water-balloons and colors. The festival being notorious for open opportunities to harass girls was making Sameera jittery with worry as it seemed that now she would have to travel alone to the school.

"Please take care Aunty," Sameera held Darshan's hand, "I will come meet you again on my way back. I should leave now."

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"To school," Sameera shrugged, "where else?"

"You are not going alone. The city will be filled with idiots out to take advantage of a girl like you moving about alone in the city."

"But I have to go Aunty," Sameera grimaced, "I will come back with Tyaagi Ma'am from there but for now I will have to go on my own. I have no other option."

"Yes you have," Darshan assured, "I have asked my nephew you to drop you till school. This way you will be safe and even I will be without worry."

"Your nephew?"

"Yes," Darshan replied, "the one from Ahmedabad. Remember I had gone there few days back. Wait I will call him," she turned around, "Vardaan!"

"Aaya Maasi," came a voice from within.

A moment later Sameera saw him towards them from inside. A little taller than herself, lean but well-built like a man who had labored hard in his life, he had a face that gave away nothing about him. His eyes were such that they could glint with cunning or twinkle with mischief, changing his whole persona with changing moods.

He nodded politely towards Sameera before looking at his Maasi with a grin, "at your service Maasi."

"Vardaan, this is Sameera. Please go drop her to the school. Make sure she reaches there safely."

"Jee Maasi," he smiled and gestured Sameera to lead the way.

He was a talkative fellow. And excited to be in Punjab for the very first time. He had never been here though his grandparents belonged to this place. He was full of excitement and kept on asking Sameera various questions about the city throughout their auto-rickshaw ride.

"So this is why Maasi wanted me to accompany you to school?" He asked her after she finished telling him how Holi was celebrated in Amritsar and particularly in her alumni college, where any girl who was found alone and unaccompanied became bait for college goons. She was telling him how they would only apply color and then let the girls be.

He laughed at the absurdity of it. "Nothing like happens in our Ahemdabad. If you want to play Holi with a girl why not just ask her politely? Weird!"

Sameera looked at him amused. He was so different from any man she had ever met. No airs about him. No false sense of pride. Open manners, laughing freely without any inhibition. Yet something deep and dark lay behind that pleasing laughter.

"Ok," he caught his breath stifling his laughter as they got down from the auto-rickshaw and paid the fellow, "if you have a little color on your face will other gangs assume that you have been wished by one gang already?"

They started walking towards the lane that led to the school.

Sameera couldn't help not laugh at the logic he had arrived, "I suppose so. Or it will be more simple to have a male relative accompany me. No one would bother me then."

He stopped in his tracks and looked at her seriously although his eyes shone with mischief, "But I am not a relative am I?"

He swiped his finger from a colored smeared wall on their side and held it softly against her cheek.

"Happy Holi Sameera."

She looked at him mouth agape as she brushed a little color on her cheek and stepped back from her.

Too overwhelmed by what had just happened, she lowered he lashes for a fraction of second before looking back at him again.

"Happy Holi Vardaan."

*Totta - Means piece and is a Punjabi slang for pretty girls.

So how was Sameera and Vardaan lovestory ka take-off? :)

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

agar wo kutte kaminie rahul ka haath kmaan ne nahi toda😑😑😑

to tera naam jazzy se change kar ke jassi kar doongi😑😑 not the jaassi jaisi koi nahi wali..but tha jassi singh bhatti wala😑😑😑

is this a comparison? betweeen maan ka touch n wo A******* ka touch?πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ€’πŸ€’

anyways..i am waiting for adinkys badlaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

on Capt MSKπŸ˜‰

and sam-vardaanπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ first one was good...aage ka dekhte haiπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

does vardaan have to marry to gain his inhertanc?πŸ˜•
Edited by aashluvsmaan - 12 years ago
I've always believed we can't define any person. Every person has different facets in them which would come at different times. But still it surprised me.. when i read about Maan's mischief. As i already told you, I loved it. My eyes popped out at this
"Capt Maan Singh Khurana at your service Ma'am. On behalf of the ladies and officers of the regiment, welcome to Roorkee Mrs Patel."
Now I want to see how Mrs. Geet Maan Khurana would be welcomed. Does Tej has any plans up his sleeve? Ah I am so eager to know thatπŸ˜†
Rahul disgusts me. Not just because he touched our Geet. It is a major crime, sin and what not. And I am tired of thinking of some real good gaalis for him. But before that, I am angry at him that that he used a silly reason to touch her. Is this called wishing each other holi? Ugh. He disgusts me. 
We wish each other during a festival when we wish and hope for other's happiness. Holi is one such day where you forget your grudges, your status and celebrate with one and all. 
And the jerks using this way to touch and irritate girls gets on my nerves. This line made me grind my teeth
I wished you Happy Holi," Rahul blocked her way, "won't you wish me back? Or didn't I wish you properly? Should I repeat?" He raised his hand towards her again.
How much i wish to throw pepper and mirch powder in that Rahul jerk's eyes! Bloody bullshit!
First he committed a sin b doing that and that too with Geet. He deserves a broken hand Jazz. Haan!
Okay moving on, Maan made me smile again. Ah how much i wish he was here with Geet. Sigh!
Great! First Teji is giving me looks, now Pammi. Someone would think both are married to me rather than each other.
This made me rofl Maan sure has awesome sense of humor.πŸ˜†
I don't dislike Pammi or Tej. The couple aren't wrong in trying to set up Maan with Rasika.. atleast from their perspective. Pammi wanted him to settle down and she was innocent to believe Rasika so it was not at all Pammi's fault. I love the couple a lot. But Tej stole the show today with his line.
"if you think that it is an easy task for any girl to snare Maan Singh Khurana in her charms then you don't know your rakhi-brother as well as I know my best mate."
And the scene that followed made me virtually pat MSK. πŸ˜†Not to forget I rofled thinking of Raiska's face.
And these lines were like jale pe namak
"can I have my jacket back?"🀣
Go on captain! πŸ‘πŸ˜†
Now comes my favorite scene
I told you! I told you I love Vardaan.
Before moving on I am going to give you credit for sketching THE BEST Male characters ever! πŸ‘
I love Vardaan for what he is. His strong nature, his grin, which he often does. Aww I love him and his talking and asking questions was adorable.
"Nothing like happens in our Ahemdabad. If you want to play Holi with a girl why not just ask her politely? Weird!"
Bingo! Shame to shame thoughtshhh Vardaan! πŸ˜† Same Pinch!πŸ˜†
And WHAT WHAT WHAT!! What did just happen? 
*Rubs my eyes*
This was the cutest way of wishing ever!
My goodness. Am total in fida over this couple!😳

Edited by Cloud9. - 12 years ago
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Finally - I was wondering how Sam n Vardaan will meet...very cute. 

Waise loved Maan n Rasika's jacket encounter even more...this whole update was damn cute...muah
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
vadiya hai ji...mazaa aa gaya

well i am referring here to Sameera - Vardann lovestory takeoff

another thing that brought smile to my face was Maan's reaction to Rasika's bike ride...that was really cute

but i hated that creep Rahul...yuck

I so want Maan to give him a beating which only one punjabi munda can give to another punjabi munda to make him realise what beating is

waise I did my engg from Punjab...i know exactly what you meant...i had never stepped out of my college campus without a single eve teasing incident...and my college was at outskirts as well...

cont soon...