• Syamantaka gem & marriages to Jambavati & Satyabhama
  • Parijat & Tulabharam
  • Narakasura war
  • Sudama
  • Pandava bachelor days
  • Susheela's fiction track
  • Paundrak
Now, among the incidents they have remaining or uncovered
  • Krishna's other 5 marriages (they happened before Narakasura)
  • Birth of Pradhyumna, & Pradhyumna's fight w/ Shambara
  • Krishna's participation in Draupadi's swayamvara
  • Krishna's adventures w/ Arjun during the clearing of Khandavaprastha
  • Arjun's year in exile, including his time in Dwarka & marriage to Subhadra
  • Krishna, Arjun & Bhima's meeting w/ Jarasandha, & killing of Jarasandha
  • Rajasuya yagna, and killing of Sishupala
  • Krishna's wars w/ Shalva & Dantavatra
  • Krishna's rescuing Draupadi during Vastraharan
  • Krishna meeting the Pandavas in exile
  • Krishna, Satyabhama & Jambavati helping Subhadra raise Abhimanyu & Draupadi's sons
  • Krishna rejoining Pandavas after exile, & Abhimanyu's marriage to Uttara
  • Krishna's involvement in the war and aftermath
  • Balarama's killing Rukmi
  • Krishna defeating Banasura and Anirudha marrying Usha
  • The curse on Samba & the Yadavas
  • The Yadava fratricide
  • Arjun taking the survivors to Indraprastha, and the Pandavas retiring
Now, of the above, the stuff in saffron is stuff that involves the Pandavas, while the blue stuff is the stuff about Krishna that doesn't involve the Pandavas, even if it's mentioned in the Mahabharata.  For instance, Krishna's war w/ Shalva is described in detail in the Mahabharata as well as in Shrimad Bhagvatam, but doesn't involve the Pandavas, other than him leaving Indraprastha w/ Balarama as soon as he gets to know that Shalva is assaulting Dwarka.  Otoh, of his other 5 marriages, 3 of them Arjun helped him - Arjun found Kalindhi & took her to Krishna, he helped Krishna battle the other suitors of Lakshmana and Bhadra.  Those 5 marriages took place probably after Draupadi's marriage, when Yudhisthir became the ruler of Indraprastha.  But Murli had already mentioned to Susheela that he served Krishna's 16,108 wives, so they can't show any more of Krishna's marriages. 😆

Of the blue items in the stuff that is remaining, they can't show Pradhyumna w/o bringing back a Rukmini, and also, it's a bit late for that - Pradhyumna & Satyaki probably learned archery from Arjun during the latter's exile in Dwarka.  The killing of both Jarasandha & Sishupala are an essential part of Krishna's story, but it can't happen w/o bringing back the Pandavas, since it was Bhima who got to kill Jarasandha, while it was @ Yudhisthir's Rajasuya Yagna that Krishna slew Sishupala.  The war w/ Shalva & Dantavatra would logically follow the killing of Sishupala, and there, the war w/ Shalva is mentioned both in MB and SB.  If they didn't show Krishna saving Draupadi, they'll be missing out something big.  On the Gita, I don't have much comments, b'cos they've already shown that they don't understand much of Krishna's messages, so I'd actually be fine w/ them skipping it.

After killing those enemies, if Balarama is still around in the serial, they can show the incident where he saves Samba from the Kaurava's during the swayamvara of Duryodhan's daughter Lakshmanaa.  Then, if they were to skip all the MB stuff, the next thing they'd be showing would be Balarama killing Rukmi, again assuming that he's still around.  After that, they can show Krishna's war w/ Banasura, but if they do, I want them to show his battle w/ Mahadev, which RSSK didn't show.  Following that, they can show the destruction of the Yadavas.

The other thing - I don't agree that Krishna played only a peripheral role in the Mahabharata.  If the Pandavas were a central part of his life, as I point out above, the converse is true as well.  Yeah, it's true that Krishna didn't have any role in the part of the Mahabharata that they've already shown, but after Draupadi's marriage, he was a central part of their life, and need not be shown as simply watching TV w/ Satyabhama & Jambavati.  While they helped him get rid of Jarasandha & Sishupala, he helped them put together Indraprastha, make the Rajasuya yagna successful, saved Draupadi, helped raise their sons during their exile, tried to get Karna to switch sides (okay, there is no Karna in this serial), advised them throughout the war and saved them on night 18, resurrected Parikshit and saw to it that the Ashwamedha yagna was successful.  And Arjun helped him w/ some of his marriages, had some legendary encounters (like w/ Hanuman, and also the story of the Brahman sons), and last but not least, evacuated the survivors of the Yadava clans after the fratricide.

Even in BRC's MB, which I was critical of, Krishna was the lead character in the serial.  While some of his scenes there were inserted, fact remains that even if one just followed the original MB w/o any insertions or anything, there is plenty of a role for Krishna.  If they wish, they can have Balarama, Revathy, Jambavati & Satyabhama watch TV 😉 while Krishna is driving Arjun's chariot, tricking Dhritarashtra into hugging Bhima's statue, resurrecting Parikshit and so on. 

However, if the producers have a very short sighted view of this and if the serial is just about trps, then what I'd like to see is them take the story upto Sishupala's killing, and end it w/ the Rajasuya yagna being successful and Yudhisthir thanking Krishna for his support, and end it there.  Yeah, given how Krishna was alluding to the Kurukshetra war, it would look somewhat lame, but it would still be a more graceful end than mangling the entire story.  At a future date maybe, some other PH could take the serial, starting it @ the point of Duryodhan's humiliation in Indraprastha, and take it right up to Yudhisthir's swargha prasthan.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago
Vrish,
Thanks for explainining in detail. Their man problem is getting good known actors to play various parts, without known faces viewers find it difficult to connet to the story, many tracks are short, thanks to pace of the show (which I like the most, except some speed breakers), By the time you start liking or disliking , it's over. Their biggest problem is getting good female actresses, even if they get one, they can't retain or replace her. They have been playing not only with the story, but actors too. The original SB which contains major Krishna's story is what viewer's expect to see because of the name Dwarakadheesh. Main parts of MB which involves Krishna is more then welcome but seeing manma- bhanja's entics is sometimes not that gripping. Those who like MB they will love it but who are watching this show for Krishna may be disappointed. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why do they need well known actors?  Even new but good ones could do the job.  How difficult is it to get good looking actresses to play roles like Rukmini, Satyabhama, Draupadi, Subhadra, et al?  The only thing they'll need would be to find actresses who are quick learners, can speak shudh Hindi and preferably are familiar w/ the stories that they'll be playing out.  If they get this combo, they ought to do fine.  Every week on Shani Dev, we see different actors & actresses playing different roles.  In this serial, most of the appearances are cameo, except for Krishna and the Pandavas.

Of course, if they are stingy, that's another story altogether.  But in which case, they shouldn't have taken up such a huge project.  Instead, an episodic serial about the stories of Krishna would have been better.  One or 2 episodes Sudama, one or 2 episodes Syamantaka gem and so on.
mnx12 thumbnail
Vishal is a known face, so he could attrct viewers. Rukmini was another known face, her absence is still a shock, even reduced activity here shows that. For Sudama & Susheela, they were lucky to get such fine actors, who got them comaratively good trps. Shani dev comes once a week, where as DBSK is aired 5 days a week. Expectations are high from DBSK, which they've not been able to meet.
In Narakasura track, there were 2 to 3 good looking actresses, even they can be recycled. But when they are competing with other shows for viewership, known faces does make difference.
Vr15h thumbnail
I'd think that the bulk of viewers who watch this serial are doing it more for devotional reasons or that they are mytho or history buffs.  I wouldn't expect too many viewers who watch Haar-jeet, Preeto, BBGC to watch this serial, nor would I expect most DBSK viewers to watch those others.  Similarly, I don't think the same people would necessarily be choosing b/w DBSK & Balika Vadhu or other such programs.  If there was another mytho on another channel @ the same time slot, that's where one would expect most of the competition.

As an example, how many Ramayan viewers were stuck to the serial due to Gurmeet/Debina, vs the epic itself?  While Vishal does have his pull, I doubt that he's the major reason why the serial has all its viewers.  I think the serial would have done much better had it more accurately portrayed the various characters, as well as the various chapters.
mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I'd think that the bulk of viewers who watch this serial are doing it more for devotional reasons or that they are mytho or history buffs.  

I am not a mytho lover, am watching it only to understand Krishna's message, whenever they show a less interesting track, I watch IPKKND on SP.
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
ok i got the reply from GAUTAM SHARMA (Arjun) that hopefully soon we will get to see MAHABHARAT ...and Thanks for the overwhelming love and support.

vrish as u said i will also enquire abt the casting for Draupadis role...hope gautam replies to me abt this also .
Edited by sita11 - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Thanks, Sita, and don't forget to ask him about Kunti, Nakul & Sahadev 😊
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
After the last couple of episodes I feel like writing what primary school teachers sometimes write in their students homework - " Inaccurate and filled with errors- Please rewrite and submit".

As if bringing  in Sudama was not a blotch in itself, they have  goofed up in a couple of other places too. Paundrak's  cheif wife was Padmavati and his son, Sakradeva. This is mentioned in HariVamsa (no mentionof his wife/ves in SB)

In Hari Vamsa (chapter 44)  this story is narrated in more detail than in SB. It states that after the defeat of Jarasandha at Gomantaka, Damaghosh switches sides and joins hands with Krishna, introducing himself as his father's sister's husband. Damaghosh suggest that they proceed to Karavirapura, which was ruled by Shrigala Vasudeva.Shrigala Vasudeva, instead of entertaining them as guests, entertained them in battle. A detailed description of the Battle follows, wherein Shrigala is killed and the usual  lamentations by the widows follows. The chief queen padmavati, places her son Shakradeva  at Krishna's feet and seeks his protection. Krishna assures that he will crown Shakradeva  as the king of Karavirapura. There is no mention of the king of Kashi getting involved in the battle.

The SB version is different .No where in SB is Paundrak's wife's  name given. It just states that Paundrak once arrogantly demanded that Krishna stop using the "Vaasudeva" suffix as he (Paundrak) was the only true Lord Vasudeva". He also demanded that Krishna give up his weapons too. Krishna having sent offthe messenger, himself marches to Paundrak's kingdom (near Kashi) where he battles both Paundrak and Kashi-raj  together. Paundrak is slain ans Kashi-raj's head severed and dispatched to Kashi where it falls in front of the palace. Kashi raj's son Sudhikshana in order to avnge his father's death perforns a sacrifice out of which emerges a fiery moster which Sudikshana orders to go and burn down Dwraka. Krishna 's Sudarshan Chaka is enough to counter the fiery monster which unable to face the chakra turns and flees back to Kashi, burning down Sudikshana in the process.

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful posts on page 2 by Vrish!!! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  Completely agree with the opinions expressed in those posts!

@ Sita, if you could post the link of this Thread in the FB page of the DBSK Production House, I guess it will be helpful for them (i.e.- if they follow all those detailed suggestions by Vrish)