4 TV Stars its romance:Parmeet-Archana

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
For Television Actors, Its Romance all the ways
It's like they meet, they work together, fall in love and live happily ever after. The list of TV couples seems to be just endless: Ram Kapoor–Gautami Gadgil, Varun Badola–Rajeshwari Sachdev, Poonam Narula–Manish Goyal, Mihir Mishra–Manini De, Hiten Tejwani-Gauri Pradhan (Pregrant!), Archana Puran Singh-Parmeet Sethi, Tanaaz Currim–Bhaktiyar Iraani, Amit Sadh-Neeru Bajwa, Manoj Bidvai-Ravee Gupta, Cezzane Khan-Shubha Verma and many more.

Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan were at loggerheads in the Balaaji serial Kutumbh but in contrast to what they were doing on screen, the duo hit it off very well in real life and got married sometime later. Now after a couple of years of marital bliss, the two are regarded as one of the hottest TV couples.

Rajiv Paul and Delnaaz have been together for 10 years now. "We met on the sets of Parivartan, which was in 1993," reveals Rajiv. But time seems to have only made the bond stronger. Similarly, Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand also met on the sets of Saara Aaakash where love and later marriage happened.

Manav Gohil had played the role of Shweta Kawatra's sister-in-law Rinku Dhawan's hubby in Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki. The duo did not even realise when cupid struck. "Manav and I met on the sets of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. We were friends for a long time until we realised we were in love," reveals Shweta.

So what is it? Is it the case of realising the love for each other while enacting scenes or something else? "Yes. These things happen gradually. One doesn't plan to fall in love. While acting, even though actors are just playing a character, a strong mental attraction takes place and couples get drawn to each other," says the renowned psychiatrist Dr Sachchidanand.

But interestingly as we have noticed, its not necessary that only when two people share the screen as 'lovers' that they realise their compatibility. Like in the case of Kiran Karmarkar and Rinku Dhawan – they played brother and sister Om Agarwal and Chhaya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar kii when they realised that they were actually meant to spend their lives with each other.

Similar was the case with Yash Tonk who played brother-in-law to now wife Gauri Yadav in Kahin Kisi Roz. "I met Gauri on the sets of Kahin Kissi Roz. After a month of knowing each other, I realised that something special was brewing between us. So I proposed to her, and she said yes" And Gauri confesses, "Yash surprised me by proposing to me one fine day.''

According to Dr Sachidanand, time spent together on the sets plays a vital role in such cases. "It's very normal for TV actors to fall in love with each other. Because most of their time is spent on the sets and there is not much of a personal or a family life. So you tend to get drawn to someone from your second family, that's someone from the sets," says Kirti Gaekwad of Kammal and Sindoor – Tere Naam Ka fame who got married to actor Sharad Kelkar recently.

However Kirti and Sharad surprisingly did not fall in love when they first worked together. "We did a show called Aakrosh for DD and there was absolutely nothing between us. Then we met for CID Special Bureau which I eventually did not do. Then suddenly he asked me out on a date and proposed to me after a few days. Though he did tell me later he liked me when he first set his eyes on me. So guess something was brewing then too. Sinndoor was the first show we did together after getting involved," says Kirti about her relationship.

How they met and fell in love is another story but having a partner belonging to the same profession helps. "Having a spouse from the same field is great because there is better understanding between the couple. So even though it is the glamour world there is a lot of trust and faith," says Manav Gohil. "Being together with Archana (Puran Singh) has helped me a lot. We have that understanding between us. We have seen the pitfalls of success and failure together. An actor's life is very insecure. And only an actor can understand what the other is going through. We can discuss our work together and let out our frustrations which could range from troubling co-actors to professional inconvenience and everything else," says Parmeet Sethi.

"Even if I got a second chance I would like to get married to Archana only," he adds.
Most of these couples met while working together. However some couples did not need to work together to fall in love. Like Rohit Roy-Manasi Joshi Roy, Apurva Agnihotri-Shilpa Saklani and the amazing romance of Manini De and Mihir Mishra.

They met, had a whirlwind romance and got married within days of knowing each other last year. That's called the quick (quickest rather) realisation of love. One year down the line Mihir is playing loving hubby and caring father to Manini's daughter Dianoor from her earlier marriage. Talking of director- actress bonds, actor-director Sachin Pilgaonkar and wife Supriya have been together for almost 20 years now. From the successful sitcom Tu Tu Main Main to being the Nach Baliye couple, the pair seemed to have done it all.

Actress Smita Bansal, who got married to director Ankush Mohla four years back, says, "For me it would have been difficult to settle down with someone from another profession. There are lot of factors involved like long hours, late nights and stress which only someone from this profession can understand."
Tumhari Disha star Chhavi Mittal who is married to director Mohit Hussein also shares the same view. "I do not know about other professions but in this profession it's better to have someone connected to this world.

There are erratic schedules, things getting delayed, round the clock work, something very different from other professions that's why its better to marry someone from the same field." And there are the very popular TV anchors Mandira Bedi and Mini Mathur who have been happily married to their respective director husbands (Raj Kaushal and Kabir Khan, partly involved with TV) for more than seven years now.

The immense success of the dance show Nach Baliye which had TV couples entertaining the entire country, shows that the viewers also like to watch such shows. And interestingly, these lovers have a better success ratio than their big screen counterparts: be it Rani-Govinda, Salman–Aishwarya, Vikram Bhatt-Sushmita, Vivek-Aishwarya, Karisma-Abhishek or Saif Ali Khan-Amrita Singh.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi_baby07 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
thanx for sharing! interesting info! 😛
anku2cute thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4