Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shimmerr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
woonderful update!! im speechless!! you made all the searching of infos for just an ff!! it was like they are real humans on a honeymoon and not just two characters of an ff!! im realy verrry impresst!! continue soon dear!!
Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Beautiful part.
Their honeymoon was beautiful
Superbly planned by Maan.
Loved the way Geet still  kept
connected with NT and JD throughout.
All the locations were beautiful.
Wish i could go there too
Waiting for the next part.
maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
That was so awesome...i feel like i went on a tour too...😆...
but loved it all...with romance and everything mixed in...
keep them coming hun :) 
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome... Edited by Radhika Shah - 12 years ago
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was awesome update as always
libra25 thumbnail
when are we getting an update...
plz waiting eagerly..
mandymore thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Best hm ever read.msk surely surprised his wife..superb prt
libra25 thumbnail
waiting for an update eagerly...
plz plz plz update soon
seemamary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Amazing loved it, plsss add me in your PM list and plsss PM the next updates. updtae soon.
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 83
July 18, 2011 9:25 am

"GT, GT, I missed you sooo much!" JD hugged Geet for all he was worth as he muttered these affectionate words.

"You only missed GT?" asked Maan, putting a wounded expression on his face.

"No, I missed you too, Uncle," replied JD, not let go of Geet, but turning his face to peek at Maan. "I just missed GT a lot."

The adults present at O'Hare Airport laughed at JD's welcome to his aunt and uncle, and again when he looked at Geet's still mehendied hand, exclaiming with a pout, "GT still can't do any work. I wanted her to make me macaroni and cheese for lunch."

Maan knelt down by his sulking nephew and consoled him. "GT can't do any work at home, but there's no rule that she can't do work at Disney World."

"Disney World?" JD looked at Maan with wide eyes.

"Yes. I made a promise to your GT," said Maan, standing up and placing his arm around his wife, "so, all three of us are going to get on a plane Wednesday, fly down to Florida, and visit the Magic Kingdom for a week."

"Really? Just you, me and GT? Yipee!"

July 18, 2011 10:37 am

"GT, you know that Mrs. Gupta made cake for Meenal's birthday, chocolate cake. It has butter frosting and one candle, 'cause that's how old she is today. Did you remember to get her a present?" JD dragged Geet through the front door, eager to show her all the preparations for the youngest Khurana's birthday.

"Yes we brought Meenal a present. We brought presents for everyone, actually," replied Geet.

After all the bags were brought in by Maan and Dev, the family decided to begin the birthday proceedings while Meenal was still wide awake. Dadi led in a puja and then the family sat in the dining room to have cake and ice cream. Naintara did her best to keep Meenal from getting messy, but invariably they had to take a short timeout to get her cleaned up before it was time to open presents.

The Khurana's little princess sat regally on her mother's lap, while her father was in charge of opening the presents. She got some pretty hair ribbons from Harsh, while JD naturally couldn't give anything other than a cute little stuffed baby lion cub. Meenal smiled at both her brothers, but it was JD's present that had the honor of being stuffed in her mouth and thoroughly drooled on.

Geet and Maan's present of the stuffed sea lion also met the same fate. Dadi's gift of earings, as well as the clothes from her parents were kept well out of reached, but admired from afar. It didn't matter to the little princess, for she found the wrapping paper just as interesting. But eventually that was taken away, and Meenal was left to play with her two stuffed animals while the rest of the family opened the gifts that Maan and Geet had brought back from Hawaii.

As if all this wasn't enough, Maan declared that in the afternoon, after Meenal woke from her nap, they would all go to Navy Pier to celebrate the last day together as an entire family. Dev's leave was up and he had to fly out to India the next morning. As they had yet to take JD to Navy Pier as Geet wanted, Maan felt they should kill two birds with one stone and all go together, even Dadi.

July 18, 2011 2:44 pm

"Harsh, can I ask you a question?"

"What, Taya?"

"With your Dad leaving tomorrow and Geet, JD and me leaving the next day, you're going to be the only man of the house here. Do you think you're up to the job of looking after things, taking care of Dadi, Meenal and your mom?" Harsh had been feeling a little bad at the thought of his dad leaving, but the challenge from Maan energized him.

Perking up, he said proudly, "Yes, Taya, I can take care of everyone really good. Nothing will happen to Mom, Meenal, or Dadi while I'm here!"

"Don't forget about Stella!" called JD as he came running back inside to see why everyone was taking so long.

"I can take care of Stella too. I'm seven, so I remember everything. I remember how to put her food and take her for walks and brush her and give baths, everything."

"That's great!" responded Geet, coming up to stand behind Maan. "Harsh, why don't you take JD outside and both of you get in the car."

As the boys went to do as she said, Maan tried to follow, but was stopped by a, "Just one minute, Mr. Khurana," from his wife.

When he looked back at her in confusion, Geet commented, "That was pretty slick, the way you were able to get Harsh to stop feeling so bad about Dev leaving. How did you know what to say to him?"

"Didn't you know Mrs. Khurana, that your husband is very smart?"

"Really?"

"Oh, yes." Maan put his arms around Geet's waist and pulled her comfortably close as he continued, "And, he can remember when he was that age and Dada use to tell him to take care of Dadi and his brothers, whenever Dada went on a trip. It used to make him feel important and not so upset at Dada leaving."

Maan had continued to move Geet closure until their lips were only an inch from each other, and would have gone for a kiss if they hadn't heard someone clearing their throat. "I hate to interrupt when it's obvious that mentally you guys are still on your honeymoon, but we need to get going, Bro," said Dev as he smirked at his brother and bhabhi's embarrassment.

July 20, 2011 11:25 am

"GT, do you know that this is the second time I flew on a plane?" asked JD as he held Geet's hand while the little family walked towards the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center. "And the first time, that was not fun like this. Uncle came to get me from Texas and I was all sad and he looked mean!"

Geet and Maan looked at each other a little shocked, not sure what to say in response to JD's reference to the past. He seemed oblivious to their dilemma, saying, "But when GT came I knew she would make everything good, and you did GT! See, now Uncle is nice and does fun things with you and me."

"I definitely agree, JD. Geet certainly makes everything good," said Maan, grabbing her other hand and giving it a quick kiss.

"Oh, you two!" exclaimed Geet, turning red. "Stop embarrassing me and get on to the coach. We don't want it to leave without us."

July 20, 2011 12:30 pm

"Oh, wow! This place is so cool!" JD ran around through the two bedroom Kidani Village villa that Maan had booked for their stay. "Look, we have a porch. I want to see my room. Hey, my room has got the porch too. I think I see a giraffe. Ooo, that's a elephant there. GT, I see a elephant!"

Maan and Geet smiled indulgently as their nephew continued to explore. He had to check out every room, and make comments on the things he found and the different decorations. He would constantly return to the balcony to see if he could see any other animals. Eventually he flopped down on the living room couch, giving Geet an expectant look.

"GT, we're at Disney now, so you can make me lunch."

"Oh, I'm sorry, JD, but we just got here. I haven't had time to shop for food. We can ask the hotel to make up some food today, and I'll cook for you tomorrow." JD was not happy with that response, and Geet prepared herself to deal with a tantrum, but Maan beat her to it.

"Mrs. Khurana, you are under a misapprehension. Don't forget who you are married to." Geet and JD both looked at Maan as he opened cupboards and the fridge, showing all the food that was stored inside. To their surprised expressions, he explained, "I arranged to have the kitchen stocked with everything we normally eat at home. I knew JD was looking forward to some good food cooked by his GT."

Geet gave Maan a huge smile, while JD hopped around excitedly and requested that she make him macaroni and cheese. Geet familiarized herself with the kitchen while Maan occupied JD by switching on the television to some cartoons. Soon the simple, but delicious meal was ready and the three sat down at the table to eat.

"GT, this is really good, just the way I like it. I was missing your food. When we're done, I want to see the lions. I know they have lions, because lions are from Africa, and this is just like Africa."

"Actually, JD, I think we're going to wait to see the lions until tomorrow. We've done a lot of sitting on the plane and then to get here from the airport. I think it will be better if we spend time at the walking attractions. There will be lots of interesting animals to see at the Maharajah Jungle and Pangani Forest. The jungle even has tigers which are really close to lions."

JD's mouth moved into a pout and began to tremble. "No, I want to see lions today!"

Calmly Geet replied, "JD, I told you we could see them tomorrow, but if you are pouting I don't know if we will be able to. I don't think they let pouting boys go on the safari, only happy boys."

JD contemplated that statement for a while and then said, "OK. But I want to see lions tomorrow."

July 20, 2011 10:27 pm

"You know, I really thought JD was going to have a meltdown at lunch over not being able to see lions today. If you weren't here to deal with him, I don't know how I would get along. In fact, I don't know how I ever got along without you in my life." Maan slipped in under the sheets next to Geet, reaching over to take her in his arms.

"You got along very badly," replied Geet cheekily, placing her arms in a comfortable position around his neck.

Well, what could Maan give as a response to that except an all consuming kiss. After all, his wife couldn't speak to him like that and get away with it. It didn't matter that Maan had started the whole thing with his comment. He was going to see that his sassy bride was duly punished for her remarks. Geet was a willing participant in the sweet torture, her hands creeping up into Maan's hair where her fingers played freely with his curly strands.

Maan had just started to tease Geet's skin under her pajamas when the sound of their door opening and a "GT, I feel weird," interrupted them.

Geet and Maan broke apart quickly as JD walked up to their bed rubbing his eyes. "GT, I feel weird," he repeated. "I wanna sleep with you."

"What's wrong with him?" asked Maan as Geet moved to check JD's forehead.

With JD's head feeling cool, Geet said, "I think he just feels odd sleeping in a strange bed."

Geet picked up JD and settled him in the middle of the bed, much to Maan's annoyance. He had been looking forward to a passionate lovemaking session with his wife, but all that was frustrated now by JD's arrival. Geet could read her man well, and knew exactly what it was that caused him to sigh in exasperation.

"Remember that I warned you on our wedding night that this could happen," said Geet as she rearranged herself on the bed.

"I remember, but Geet we haven't even been married for two weeks yet. Was it too much to expect to have you all to myself for a little while longer?"

Geet just chuckled and said, "Go to sleep," before giving both him and JD a kiss on the forehead.

She then laid down next to JD, putting her arm protectively around his small body. Maan stared at them for a few minutes before giving in. Laying down next to JD, Maan rested his arm on top of Geet's, happy that at least they were together, as a family.

July 22, 2011 9:15 pm Orlando, 8:15 pm Chicago

"Tayi, you will not believe all the animals that they have here. I think there are even more than at the zoo! And yesterday we saw the lions, just like GT promised. It was so fun! We actually went on a safari, a real safari, just like in Africa. And there were elephants and giraffes and zebras and hippos, and lions, like I said. I wanted to go again today, but we went swimming at the lagoon. That was really fun too! We spent so much time in the water that my fingers got all wrinkly. Uncle took me down the slides, and it was sooo fast! Oh, and tomorrow we are going to see Mickey. GT said so."

"Wow, JD, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun with Uncle and GT."

"Yes, Tayi, a lot of fun."

"JD, let me speak to GT for a little bit."

"Okay." JD held out the phone to Geet, said, "Tayi wants to talk with you," before running out of the bedroom and calling to Maan to leave some chips for him.

"It sure sounds like JD is having a lot of fun."

"Yes, he really is. You know, Di, when we were on the safari and he finally got to see some lions, he was so excited that he jumped out of his seat and tried to get off the vehicle. I had to hold him on my lap for the rest of the ride, just to make sure he didn't do it again." Geet laughed over that memory.

"That sounds like JD," murmured Naintara.

"Di, what's wrong?" asked Geet, having detected the sadness in the usually upbeat Naintara's voice.

Naintara wouldn't say right away, but eventually Geet coaxed her to reveal the problem. Armita Rathore's hearing was held the day before and the judge ruled that she was incompetent to stand trial. She would be under going treatment at Cheter Mental Health center until such time as she was able to be tried for her crimes. As much as Naintara was expecting the outcome, it was still difficult to deal with.

"I don't know if Dadi said anything to you, Geet, but she's told me that rather than me visiting several times a year to see Maa, she wants all of us to move back to Chicago."

"No, Dadi didn't tell me anything about that. That would certainly be a big change. How do you feel about coming back?"

"I don't know, honestly. I mean, it would be nice to be near the family and Dev and I only went back to India to please my parents. At the same time, we're settled in Delhi now. Dev has an important job that he really likes and Harsh has his school and friends. I just don't know."

"Di, you and Dev need to do what's best for you and the family. If that means moving, then that's what you should do. But, if that means that you stay in Delhi, then do that, no matter what Dadi says. We love you and will always support you in your decisions."

July 26, 2011 9:04 pm

"I can't believe that JD dropped off to sleep so fast," commented Maan from inside their bathroom.

"Well, what did you expect? We got up early this morning and ran around the park all day, just because you promised JD that he could see all his favorite animal attractions one more time before we left. He was bound to be tired after all that, not to mention the week we've had here." As Geet stripped off her clothes and put on a robe, she continued, "When we get back to Chicago, you better not spoil him like you have been since we got here."

"What is wrong with spoiling my nephew a little. Isn't it natural for me to want to get him the best that money can buy?"

"It's natural, but that doesn't make it a good thing. I want JD to stay the sweet little boy he is, not turn into a spoiled brat."

"Alright, Mrs. Khurana, I understand your point. Does that rule also apply to spoiling my wife?"

"Maan, what are you talking about? By the way, are you done yet? I want to get a shower before bed."

"No shower," said Maan as he walked out if the bathroom.

"Maan, don't be funny. I really need a shower. I'm all sweaty and gross..." Geet complained while Maan dragged her into the bathroom, but stopped when she noticed all the candles and the jacuzzi filled with bubbles.

"What is all this?" she asked, looking at Maan in confusion.

"I told you, I want to spoil my wife. I arranged for all this so you could have a relaxing evening before bed."

Before Geet could speak a word, Maan had her out of the robe and into the waiting hot water. A pleasant aroma from the candles filled the air, and soft, romantic music emanated from the TV. Maan brought over a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and carefully fed them to Geet with his own hands.

Geet had never felt so pampered before. Twenty minutes later she was relaxing with her eyes closed, Maan having just finished giving her a tension freeing shoulder rub. Reveling in the feeling of the water moving around her, Geet's eyes popped open when she felt something against her leg. She saw that Maan had removed his clothes and was lowering himself into the jacuzzi next to her.

"Maan, what are you doing?"

"I should think that was obvious," replied Maan, looking at her suggestively. "It's time for me to indulge myself a little bit. We've never made love in a jacuzzi before, and I want to take this opportunity before we leave."

"But, Maan...JD?" breathed out Geet shakily as she felt Maan's hand traveling up her leg.

"I made sure the door was locked just in case. However, he was so sleepy, I doubt we will have a repeat of that first night. It's just you and me, Mishti, with a whole night to ourselves."

July 27, 2011 4:22 pm

"Dadi, Tayi, Harsh! We're home!" announced JD loudly as he and Geet came inside from the garage, with Maan close behind.

The entire house came quickly to greet them, but the first one there had an advantage of four legs instead of two. Stella came jumping towards the trio, interested in welcoming all of them, but especially in giving JD wet doggy kisses. JD laughingly accepted the attention, having had a fun time with Maan and Geet, but happy to be back home.

When the human members of the family arrived, they were all treated to a hug from JD and an extensive list of everything that he did while at Disney World. The adults listened indulgently as the six year old described seeing lions and dinosaurs, Micky, Goofy and the rest, spending days at the water parks and riding on numerous rides. The best part, according to JD, was how he could see animals from his room. After giving the entire narrative of the vacation, JD asked Geet for the digital camera and took Harsh off for an encore, complete with pictures.

"Wow. JD seems to have had so much fun, it's making me jealous," commented Dadi. "We should think about planning a vacation for the whole family."

"That's a good idea Dadi, but not right now. Maan has to start thinking about going back to work so he can earn some money to pay for all these expensive trips he arranged."

Maan rolled his eyes and complained, "Look, Dadi, she's at it again. Geet thinks that even though I'm a millionaire, and can easily afford the expense, that there is something wrong with spending a little money to go to Hawaii or Disney World."

"A little money! Ha! I would hate to see your credit card bills for next month. I know you didn't want me to know how much everything cost, but I wouldn't be surprised if our honeymoon alone cost more that 50,000. As much fun as it was, I think that from now on I should be in charge of our family trips. There's just no trusting you."

Maan and Geet continued to have a lively banter over the pros and cons of spending money on the family. Dadi and Naintara wisely decided to stay out of the discussion, as it was important for a husband and wife to come to their own compromise about family finances. Anyway, they knew that Geet would ultimately get her way, as Maan could never deny her anything.