SS: Almost lovers (Thread one)

maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi everyone! I am here with a new story. Some of you may know me from my other FF, Maaneet FF: Limitless.

ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter 1

Haunting past

You are the only memory

I would wish to carry

Till my very last breath.

He stood next to the pompous man, trying to stop himself from strangling the idiot. For the last hour he had been dragged around the room by this duffer and had been told the man's life story. As if he gave a damn!

He hated being here with these stuck up people who seemed to waste their time squandering their money without any aim or ambition to make something more of themselves. Money and power was the only concern, yet they were too lazy to truly strive for them.

He knew that he was different from them, for he hadn't been born into this world. But today he knew that they would beg him to be a part with them.

"And when I was 23 I manage to- Oh wait there she is!" Mr Chopra exclaimed as he spotted a woman near to them. "You have to meet her!"

And there she was, the reason for him being here tonight.

As always she took his breath away. While all the women in the room seemed to try too hard to come off as rich and classy, she didn't even have to try. It came effortlessly to her for it was in her blood. The Handa family went back many generations and were treated as royalty, and she their princess. Or at least she was.

She looked impossibly beautiful with a red sari with a patterned gold border. Her slender hands were filled with gold bangles and the only other jewellery on her body was a pair long golden earrings. Yet she outshone any other woman in the room with her cool elegance and grace.

It seemed that in the time they had been apart she had become more beautiful, if that was even possible. Gone was the teenage beauty, replaced by a woman who knew herself. She looked perfectly comfortable here, standing confidently.

Mr Chopra eagerly led him right to his pray and within moments they were standing right in front of her.

He tapped her gently on the shoulder, interrupting her chat with another lady.

She turned around surprise but gave a smile as she saw Mr Chopra. "Oh hello Mr Chopra! I was just going to come and talk to you."

"But I could hardly wait for you my dear!" He laughed. "Anyways there is someone I would like to introduce you to. He is a business partner from-"

"Hi Geet." He wouldn't let this imbecile introduce him to someone he has known his whole life.

Her eyes widened as she saw him. Surprise, pain and finally happiness flittered across his face. Her eyes were luminous as she looked up at him. "Hi'I can't believe it's really you."

"Oh'you two know each other?" Mr Chopra seemed slightly upset that he hadn't really introduced the two.

"Yes we know each very well." There was so many hidden meanings in these words that Mr Chopra mouth gapped open. "Geet..come dance with me."

But it was Geet's answer that had him even more shocked. "Yes of course." She replied with a smile.

But she never..ever dances with any other man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geet felt like she was dreaming as she stared at the man in front of her.  It seemed impossible that he would be here with her and that she could not only see him but touch and feel him.

They had been apart for so long that it had seemed like a hopeless desire to ever see him, yet here he was dancing with her. There was no hesitation as they danced smoothly together, for they had practised so often as kids.

Memories of past filled with laughter and love overcame her. She could picture the two of them as they grew up from little children to teenagers and then young adults. Every eventful memory attached to her childhood was connected to him.

They were in the middle of the dance floor staring at each other with an intensity that only they could understand. At that moment Geet just wanted to stare and stare at him. She looked at the face that she had known so well. This face had once meant everything to her.

How times change!

"How are you?" He asked in his voice, a voice that as usual brought a smile on her face.

"Good...I am doing very well."  Every word was filled with undefinable emotion. She had never expected to meet him at this junction of her life. Everything had changed and she was a different person.

"Good? Didn't you miss me?" Again there were so many hidden meanings behind his question. "Tell me Geet, didn't you think about me?"

Did I miss you? Did I think of you? How can you ask such stupid questions! Memories of you haunted me for so long...until...

"Of course I did." She mumbled as he twirled her around, careless of the curious spectators. "It would be impossible to miss my best friend."

His nose flared in anger. "Best friends?" He growled and clutched her painfully. "Best friends! I love you...and you loved me!"

"Yes best friends..you know things are different." She patiently tried to explain to him. "We'can no longer have the same relationship. You of all people should understand that."

This time eyes filled with regret and repentance. "I am sorry Geet." He said in a voice exuding so much pain. "I wish I had done things differently but please don't punish me this way. I'll make it up to you! I promise."

But Geet held no regret nor did she hold any grudges. "I am not trying to punish you but the truth is we can't turn back time. And...I am no longer the same person."

"You are still MY Geet!" He reproached her, with a desperate look on his face.

"No I am not your Geet'.I am married." With a look filled with sympathy and pain she pulled out of his hand. "I am someone's wife. And nothing can change that."

He watched helplessly as she slowly backed away from him. "None of that matters!"

But she shook her head. "Of course it does. I am no longer a young Geet Handa in love with you. But I am Geet Singh Khurana. And my husband is waiting for me."

That was the last thing before turned around and walked away from him. Before she walked towards another man who was watching her intently.

Yes I am Geet Singh Khurana.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread One:

INDEX:

Chapter One: Haunting Past - Pg 1

Chapter Two: Two Different Love Stories - Pg 13

Chapter Three: Mismatch - Pg 29

Chapter Four: Stalked - Pg 42

Chapter Five: The Other Man - Pg 60

Chapter Six: Fatal Attraction - Pg 77

Chapter Seven: Closer to the Prey - Pg 91

Chapter Eight: Anger - Pg 106

Chapter Nine: Silence - Pg 125

Thread Two

AUTHOR's NOTE

So I hoped you all enjoyed this new venture 😆

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!😃

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Craziest_MG thumbnail
Yay...me first...!!

Woohooo...

New ss...congrats...

Awesome start...

But m confused...whom was she dancing with...??

N Geet Singh Khurana...??
Who is her husband...???

Updt soon.Edited by Vidushi89 - 12 years ago
Yay a new SS, Congrats Sanjana! 
I'm just glad Geet is married to MSK and the other guy was someone else. She better not cheat on him though...
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
whattt?? i loved it - that was super intense!!!

so the speaker isn't Maan = right??!?!?
Res
edited:
what???? I'm so confused now!!!! So was she talking to maan or sm1 else???? I just wish "Singh khurana" is not Dev Singh Khurana!!!! 😡
u r really bad for leaving it on such a cliff hanger!!
Plz continue soon n add me to ur pm list
and BTW it was awesome!!!! Edited by jazz07_dh - 12 years ago
rupzloveu thumbnail
awesome part but is it maan i dont think sooo ,its confusing...eagerly waiting to read more...

Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
CONGRATS on the new SS...🥳

awesome start...

loved the title...

geet is married ...but to whom..???..u only said khurana...no name...

n who was her best friend...dancing with her...??...no name here also...

cant wait to read more...

continue soon...

thnx for PM...
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The lover is Maan or the husband is Maan
Im confused
Loved the strt
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow.amazing
thx for the pm.
angili thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
ok so she is married to khurana but who is he the man who shedanced with and who is her husband