Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif Film with YRF Faces Uncertainty? 

Salman Khan may not feature in a romantic film to be directed by Kabir Khan for Yash Raj Films (YRF) because of a paycheck dispute, a source tells Sawfnews.com exclusively.

The project had generated a lot of interest amidst Salman fans because it reportedly pairs Katrina Kaif with Salman.
YRF has an enviable reputation making romantic dramas that do well at the box-office, but not such an enviable reputation when it comes to paying their actors. While other actors willingly go along with YRF's frugal paycheck for a chance to work with the reputed production house, Salman doesn't see the need to do so. Following the success of Dabangg, he has a reputation that dwarfs that of YRF. Salman isn't known to be fussy about his paycheck, but that is because he usually works with friends and family. "YRF has tried to sell Salman the line that they pay Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) less than what they are offering him, but Salman isn't impressed," says our source. "SRK never discusses money with them and takes what ever Yash Chopra gives him," our source adds. Salman, however, doesn't have a special relationship with YRF, like SRK does. YRF is rumored to have made an exception to their low balling ways by agreeing to pay Aamir his normal paycheck for his role in the upcoming Dhoom 3. It was recently reported that Salman had asked for a copy of Aamir's contract for the film with YRF. "Kabir Khan's film is supposed to go on shoot from Oct," says our source."I think YRF might convince Salman by then." "Acting with Katrina Kaif would be quite an incentive for Salman," the source ends with a mischievous wink.

Wicked fella!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Oh no! Thats not good! Salman please concentrate on the script rather than the money silly! Please, I hope this is FALSE FALSE FALSE!
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I hope this news is true true true

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He wants a copy of Aamir's script? Whattheheck why? Uff Sallu, focus on your own work! 🤪

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

They will be doing this movie is all I say! This is the most awaited salman movie. as it is a thriller.  Salman, will do this movie! esp since Kat is in it as the source implies it will be an extra incentive😉 Sal-Kat rule!😊

Edited by wat_up - 13 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

They will be doing this movie is all I say! This is the most awaited salman movie. as it is a thriller.  Salman, will do this movie! esp since Kat is in it as the source implies it will be an extra incentive😉 Sal-Kat rule!😊

And the director is Kabir so I can accept that Katrina's role won't be as short as say Sonakshi or Ayesha Takia's in their films with Salman.