Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

I read in some thread somebody questioning this bashing of Dev and that his actions are understandable.  I also thought about why it was ok for us to accept Radhika letting Dev live with her sister and not for Dev to do the same?  Is it because we have different standards for men and women where men are not allowed to be weak.  A woman can let her sister live with her husband and we would be sympathetic and if a guy does the same thing, we are outraged.  There is some element of truth in that.  But that is not the entire truth.

The premise of CB2 is different from CB1.  In CB1,  Radhika was financially dependent on Shastriji.  She had no friends and no life outside that house where she was both physically and mentally tortured.  Also, she did not want to give up Dev but was not sure about his feelings as he never bothered to tell them to her before the wedding.  After the wedding, all her rights were forcibly taken by the trio of selfish women and there were no other witnesses.  Nobody except for Dev would have believed her anyway.

Here it is not the case.  Except for Viraath's treatment (which was actually negated by Dadaji), Dev was not abused.  So even if he didn't get love, he is more of a loner.  Also he is independent person who is capable of moving out of that house and living his own life.  He has never let go of something that is important to him.  So it doesn't make any sense to show him so weak.  Yes, he is bound by his love for Dadaji but still he is not weak.  So it won't suit his character to pressure Radhika to marry Rohan.  

Since this hasn't yet happened,  I will stop here for today.  But hope that chunnu munnu don't spoil him for those of us who like to see logical progression of a story with characters that make sense and are not just interested in dream sequences or mindless rituals.
ChinadollTwo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Musti - Your description of Chanda and Ashanti as "fools" was funny and apt. Interesting comments and POV by you, why3 and RadhaB.

I agree with RB that Dev overhearing kaburtani's conversation with Dadaji was a set up for future scenarios, sacrifices. CM is really pushing hard on viewers' buttons by making Dev the biggest FOOL.... touching her feet first, then Dadaji's and also giving his word of honour 'vaachan' that the wedding will take place without a hitch, albeit, open ended as one of you
commented.

Chanda and Ashanti are shown as overly greedy characters. Ashanti reminds me of a 'frog' ... apt description by setraj or someone else, the way her eyeballs pop out and the way she jumps to attention. Ashanti asks Radhika to take blessings knowing she will receive gifts... noticed how she grabbed the envelope with money or maybe gold coins gifted by "the great poet"    ðŸ˜‰ I'm sure Ashanti will keep the money. I also won't be surprised if Ashanti gives Chanda the jewellry Radhika got.

Good observation about Mohini... Her sly digs at Dev will eventually open his third eye, unmasking kaburtani, knowingly/unknowingly, and I won't be surprised if she overhears her MIL taunting the old man and realises her dreams of being RPn will never materialize.

Radhika will soon discover that not only is Dev insecure, but is
beholden to the RP family and will not support her. I also don't like her performing these pre-wedding rituals with Rohan, knowing fully well who the intended groom is, unless CM intends to groom swap. I think Dev will accept Chanda, just so to keep Radhika from hounding him about their childhood marriage. I hope CM is not going in that direction     ðŸ˜¡

Musti I like your genius idea of a car-driven-cart/carriage for our wanna be 'miss rich' dotty... I can imagine her and her grinning mother waving to the villagers, feeling important   ðŸ˜ƒ
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RADEV1000

Misti thnx 4 ur views......read ur comments n now sharin mine.......

1) Firstly i will echo ur thoughts abt Bumbum's character ..... Hope CV will not ruin it.... i read on another post abt angies thoughts ... she was also tellin that here sacrifisin 9if Bumbum do so) will be a thing against religion..... but i think it would be also a very very Big snag to morality even.... Bumbum should atleast think abt Puljhari ... she is not a Plaything.... Dat "jab chahe khel khel me shaadi kar lia phir aur kisi se shaddi karwa dia..'"... this gonna spoil Dev's charecter.... n it would be such a big injustice to Phuljhari..... hope CV would think of that .... n would not gonna spoil the niether radhs nor dev's charecter .. they r the soul of CB.......
Yes

2)Dunno even why they r also spoilin Rohan's charecter... they r showin him such a fool..... in front of him Radhs was stairin at Dev ... several eye contacts happened between two.... but he realized none.... this is realy bogus ...... each n every charecter has its own position on a soap.... n it matters a lottt... but unfortunately our CV is not aware of it at all..... n also another thing i was thinkin.. that its not always necessary to only revolve around Radev na ... sum thin regardin  supportin charecters could also be shown along with Radev's one....  
Rohan I am not sure of this character..........either he knows that Radhika is the girl that Dev is in love with and he also knows that Dev will not himself do anything about it..........so he might be playing along and pushing buttons just to see what makes Dev finally say it openly.....or that he is in love with Radhika in he has become blind so all this is not striking him.......to me its very starnge because he is not an idiot. Lets see if the creatives give Rohan more layers and make this interesting or make him one dimensional character.

3)Mohini ... as u said wre brilliant .... 😆... nothin to say abt her.... they way she said Chanda... lol...🤣....... hope we would get see more shades lyk this on other charecters also..
I am liking Mohini more and more.....😉😆

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2