Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: millie_maaneet

loved ur updates

cant wait to know who is d mysterious man??

Thanks millie. You''ll get your answer in a couple of updates if you have not already got it.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaara2212

Loved the update....

hmm geet poor girl keep trying you will succeed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks zaara.  Geet will keep trying.
Opti thumbnail

Part LXIV

It was May 12, 2010, Maaneet's first wedding anniversary. Maan wanted to make the day very special for both of them. Early in the morning he gently kissed her awake and handed her a parcel as she fluttered her eyelids open. Sitting up promptly, Geet opened it with curiosity and found a beautiful purple colour Kashmiri silk saree with delicate embroidery work on the border and pallu.

"Maan, the saree is simply beauuuuutiful but what is the occasion?"asked Geet.

Maan's face fell when he realised that she had forgotten the most important day of their married life.

In a sad tone he said self deprecatingly, "This day last year you got hitched to this uncivilised brute. This is a small compensation for putting up with him for a year."

Geet immediately realised her blunder and her eyes welled up. "I'm truly sorry to have forgotten our wedding anniversary day, Maan."

Maan got alarmed seeing her tears. Wiping her eyes he said reassuringly, "Hey, baby! It's OK. After all you have been very busy of late recording for your new album, taking care of my father, and also looking after the household duties. With so much work pressure, it isn't surprising that you forgot the day."

"Thank you for being so understanding and forgiving, Maan. But still I should have remembered the day. By the way, you are no brute but my jackfruit."

"Jackfruit?" he asked in amusement.

"Yeah, hard and prickly on the outside but soft and sweet like honey on the inside. You are my sweeeeet , sweeeet jackfruit," she said and pinched his cheeks fondly.

Maan smiled and pinched her cheeks back, "And you, my girl, are my mango. Soft and beautiful,both on the outside and inside, and extremely delicious."   As if to prove his point he leaned forward and started to gently bite and chew her cheeks.

"Maan!", Geet squealed and pushed him away. "Mangoes are seasonal. As it is off-season now, no mango for you!" she said jocularly.

She then jumped off the bed but Maan was too quick for her. He caught her wrist and jerked her to him. The sudden movement caused her to fall on top of him, pushing him backwards onto the bed.  Holding her tight against his chest, he said that he has made sure that his mango will always be available to him as he has liberally sprayed it with the manure of his love. Geet nodded her head in agreement and said that she was the luckiest woman in the whole wide world to have got such a loving, understanding and caring husband like him.  Overwhelmed by emotion, her eyes filled up as she kissed his fingers fervently, bathing them in her tears.  

"Hey!" he whispered and lifting her chin, he kissed her tears away. "You are not the only lucky one, you know? I am as lucky or maybe more lucky than you for I have you. You, Geet, inspire me to be a better person, to reach beyond myself, to scale new heights, for I want to give you everything in this world!"

"You have, Maan. In giving your love you have given me everything I could wish for. It is I who have still not given you your heart's desire, your baby!" 

"Now, will you stop blaming yourself? It will all happen in good time. We will have our baby. Don't worry your pretty little head over it. For now we have each other." He then showed her how much that meant to him.

Later as she lay curled up in his arms, savouring the aftermath of their blissful union, he kissed the top of her head and whispered that he had taken the day off to spend it with her. Just then her cell rang and she reached for it.  Her brows furrowed as she listened to the caller.

"Yes. I'll be there by ten o'clock," she said.

Turning to a puzzled Maan she said, "I am sorry, darling. I forgot that I have a recording today. I'll not be able to spend the day with you but I promise to get back by four o'clock."

Maan's disappointment was written all over his face. He got up from the bed brusquely and went to the bathroom to complete his morning routine. As soon as he came out of the shower, Geet, who was waiting for him by the door, tried to apologise again but he ignored her. He continued to sulk for the rest of the morning. He quickly got ready for work and would have skipped breakfast had it not been for Baba's insistence that he finishes it before he leaves. Picking at his breakfast listlessly, he finally gave up and said that he needed to be at his office early to address a meeting. Not bothering to offer Geet a lift to the recording studio as he normally did, he hurriedly took his father's blessing and rushed out.

Baba looked at his retreating back and wondered aloud what was wrong with him. Geet quickly blinked away her tears and assured her father-in-law that he had an important business meeting and he was running late for it. She too then got ready for work, wearing the beautiful saree her husband had gifted her. Krishna kaka, their man servant,  had just then come in. He was taking care of Baba ever since Geet got busy with her career. Entrusting her father-in-law in his care, Geet took leave and left for the recording studio.

Unfortunately for her, the recording was taking much longer than usual because she was recording a duet with a new male singer, Mr.Kunal Mehra. The guy was in his mid-twenties, tall, extremely handsome and suave, with a deep baritone voice. While he was a reasonably good singer as well, he tended to get carried away by his own singing and did not keep pace with her. After the tenth retake, Geet threw up her hands in frustration and asked the music director whether they can continue the recording on some other day as she had some other engagement that evening. The music director begged her for one more retake and gave a stern warning to Kunal, who thankfully got it right this time. 

By the time Geet got back home it was already seven o'clock. She was anticipating a fuming Maan but was instead surprised to see a cool and collected guy in black shirt and black jeans waiting for her.  Waving off her apology he took her hand and went up to Baba. Touching his feet, he sought his blessings on the occasion of their wedding anniversary. Baba was surprised that he was not told about it earlier.  Blessing both of them wholeheartedly, he asked them to go out and celebrate it. Maan asked him if it was alright with him. Baba assured him that he had Krishna with him to take care of his needs. As they were leaving, Baba asked Maan to show Geet his surprise. Geet tried to find out what was the surprise but Maan would not reveal anything, saying that she will see for herself. When they went to the parking lot, Geet moved towards their bike but Maan pulled her in another direction.  She looked at him in confusion and wondered where he was taking her. He led her to a grey Honda City and opened the door on the other side of the driver's seat for her to sit.

"This is our new car, Geet," he said seeing her surprised look. 

"Maan, you never told me you have bought a car," she exclaimed as they took their seats.

Starting the car, he said, "I wanted to surprise you. In fact I had planned to take you on a long drive in it today to one of the beach resorts in the suburbs, have lunch with you there and spend the rest of the day lazing on the beach."

"I'm sorry, Maan."

"It's OK," he said and pressed her hand, reassuringly. "I need to apologise for my appalling behaviour this morning.  Somehow the disappointment of not being able to spend the day with you was a little difficult to digest."

"I can understand," she said. "If I was in your place and you had forgotten our anniversary and spoilt my plans, even I would have been upset."

"But you would not have been as grumpy as me," he said.

"Maybe, maybe not," she smiled.

Soon they reached Handa House. As usual Arjun was not there. Geet and Maan took the blessings of Rano. Maan gave Anwesha a saree similar to the one he had given Geet, only it was in peach colour. He hugged her and wished her on the occasion of her anniversary. She gave him a wry smile, seeing which Maan was disturbed. He took her aside and asked her if she was happy in the marriage. She said that the only happy thing about her marriage was that she got a wonderful mother-in-law like Rano. Maan wanted to wait for Arjun and give him a good piece of his mind but she stopped him from it, saying that she preferred ignoring and shunning him. Seeing the brother and sister conversation from a distance, Rano voiced her worries to Geet about Anwesha's well being and wondered whether she should suggest that she seeks a separation from her husband. Geet looked at her in shock and asked her how she can even think of such a thing. Rano admitted that being the elder person in the house, she should not, but seeing Anwesha's plight she wonders whether it would be for her good. Geet asked her to give it some time. Maybe Arjun will change for the better. Rano did not look too convinced, though.   

Later they went to Maan's hotel. He took her in and led her to a corner table reserved for them. They had a romantic candlelight dinner. 

Taking her hand in his, he said, "Geet, ours was not a love marriage nor marriage arranged by elders but a marriage of compulsion. I had no great expectation out of this marriage and merely wanted to survive it but in the past year we have come a long way from strangers to friends to lovers and now husband and wife. A large part of the success of our marriage is due to you. It is your patience, understanding, love, adaptability, encouragement and support which has got us where we are."

"No, Maan. It takes two people to make a marriage work. In fact, I consider myself truly blest to have found a life partner like you.   I guess I'll have to thank that worthless brother of mine for that. It was the only good thing he did, although not willingly."

"Yes, I guess we will have to thank Arjun for our union in marriage but the guy has ruined my sister's life."

Geet couldn't disagree with that.  Looking at her forlorn face, Maan asked her not to ruin her appetite thinking about the good-for-nothing fool. After dinner, they drove back home, happy and contented with their lives but worried and concerned about Anwesha's.

Geet made up her mind to meet her brother and confront him about how he was treating his wife.

Continued here

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

quite a realistic update

it happens so often
take it this year I forgot my anniversary  as my kids were having exams and i were too busy with them๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by smj1977 - 13 years ago
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: dia_ditz

wonderful!!!
but who is the man?reveal it soon plz.

You have still not figured out?
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: dia_ditz

So it is Dev,but he is married already.
don't put sameera in pain by making her fall for him.
wonderful update.
last part of the update was really cute.

Dia, wait for the story to unfold.
chsweety22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
very nice update
loved it..very well written..
i feel its very close to reality..
do continue soon
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: smj1977

quite a realistic update

it happens so often
take it this year I forgot my anniversary  as my kids were having exams and i were too busy with them๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Shruti.  So far, I've not forgotten my anniversary but my first anniversary was spent away from my hubby because of work.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: millie_maaneet

very nice update

loved it..very well written..
i feel its very close to reality..
do continue soon

Thanks millie.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
Awesome parts. loved them