Posted: 13 years ago
loved the update.....n loved the names geet calls maan.... lol
Lakshmi86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi,

Wonderful update!!!!!!!!
It was full of Geet and full of masti too,

Loved the convo between her and pinky and so many different names........baap re!!!!!!!!! too much.............

preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved both the updates....................just cudnt stop laughing @ the dress selection................
sweet cherry thumbnail
loved da update
it was amazing
do continue

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 12
Dec. 5, 2010 2:20 pm

Maan looked out of his bedroom window into the garden encased in snow below, and tried very hard not to contemplate the fact that the coffee he was drinking was made by Geet. The truth was, that he was trying very hard to get back to a point where he was unaware of her existence. It was difficult, but he intended to succeed.

Maan had first realized the need for distance the day he listened to the recording Geet had made of Hofmann's abuse. When he had heard the vile names that Hofmann dared to call Geet, his anger exploded. He was so furious, after listening to the recording again, not quite believing his ears the first time, he smashed his fist into the laptop screen in response. He then rushed off to Geet's office to speak with her, only to find out from Chelsea that she wasn't back from dropping JD off yet. Chelsea also reminded him that Geet wasn't officially back to work until the next week. Maan was surprised that he had forgotten, but decided not worry about that lapse and ordered Chelsea not to take any calls from Julius Hofmann anymore, and to especially not let Geet speak to him.

Maan then stormed back to his office, and called up the organization that Hofmann worked for, demanding to speak with the person in charge. Maan was at his intimidating best, explaining that he expected Hofmann to be fired immediately, or else he would see all of them prosecuted for harassing Geet. He explained that they had recorded evidence of Hofmann's abuse, and he would not hesitate to use it.

Maan hadn't felt that angry in he didn't know how long. Looking at his ruined computer, he realized that he would be unable to work until he calmed down. He told Chelsea that he would be out of the office indefinitely, and hurriedly drove himself away from the mansion.

After much contemplation, Maan came to the conclusion that he wasted too much time concerning himself with Geet Handa. She was only his employee, nothing else. Yes, he had forced her to stay at the mansion, but that was only so that another incident like what had just happened, didn't happen in the future, disrupting his life again. Now that she was getting well, he didn't need to worry about her anymore. He certainly didn't need to get so upset on her behalf that he damaged his computer in anger. The problem was that he was seeing too much of her. If he just avoided her, he could forget her presence entirely, and things would be back to normal.

That had been Maan's plan, but it didn't work out. Even though he was fairly successful in staying away from her during the day, he still saw her walking around the mansion at night, and now on Sundays as well. Once he even saw her coming out from JD's room in her night dress, after soothing away the remnants of a bad dream. That was when Maan had decided that he need to get completely away from her for awhile. Scheduling an impromptu meeting with a French company he was interested in, he arranged to be gone on a 10 day trip. Dadi had been upset that he would be gone for Thanksgiving, but Maan held firm.

His plan had worked fairly well. Keeping his mind on business, and being in another country had kept him distracted enough that he began to feel more normal. When he got home on Friday, he was able to speak face to face with Geet about business, without asking about her health, or wanting to know how she was doing. The only thing that felt a little strange was eating food he knew she prepared, or drinking coffee he knew was made by her. However, he was sure that with time, that uneasiness would also disappear.

Taking another sip of coffee, he admitted to himself that Geet certainly could make coffee the way he liked it. He was just about to walk away from the window when he noticed two bundled up figures making there way out into the snowy garden. It seemed that Geet was taking JD out to enjoy the snowfall that had come the previous day. That was good. She hadn't let him go out yesterday, while it was snowing, and the little boy had been overly energetic since. Maan hoped that he would let off some of that energy and be more calm by the time dinner came around.

After observing them for a moment, Maan was again about to leave when he saw something that made all his previous efforts to forget about Geet flitter away. From behind Geet, JD had reached down, scooped up a handful of snow, and thrown it, right at her injured shoulder. After all he had done to ensure that Geet would have no more problems, Maan just couldn't halt his irritation at his nephew's behavior. He rushed out of his room, down the stairs, and out the sunroom, on to the patio, heedless of the cold air.

"What are you two doing?" he yelled, just as Geet and JD had raised their hands full of snow, ready to pelt each other with the white, cold stuff.

"Uncle, we're having a snow ball fight," explained JD excitedly, as Maan tramped through the snow furiously toward the two objects of his ire.

Maan angrily grabbed Geet and JD and started pulling them back in inside. Geet looked at him first with shock, and then with frustration. She had no idea why he was behaving in such a way, but she didn't like it.

"Let go, what are you doing?" she asked.

"How could you be so stupid? A snow ball fight! And you!" exclaimed Maan, looking into JD's upset face as he pulled them both inside the sunroom. "How could you throw snow at Geet's shoulder? Don't you remember that she was in the hospital just a month ago?"

"Stop yelling at him! He's only five," cried Geet as she pulled a sobbing JD into her arms, trying to sooth him.

"Five or not, he should realize that you're still recovering and not do anything that might injure you more."

"It's my body, and if I don't care, I don't see what difference it makes to you."

"Who paid for your hospital treatment and your physical therapy, huh? I don't want my efforts to go to waste."

"Well, excuse me, Mr. I'm So Rich Khurana, who asked you to pay anything? Dusht danaav!"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?"

"You heard me, you..."

"PLEASE! Please don't fight any more. I'm sorry, Uncle. I'm sorry, GT." Maan and Geet both stopped speaking when JD's sad little voice interrupted them.

"I'm sorry, GT," said JD again. "I forgot about your shoulder. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me," assured Geet, looking daggers at Maan for putting the idea into his head, before giving JD a soothing smile. "You just ignore what your uncle told you."

"But, you still have to do your special exercises, so I know you're not fixed yet. I shouldn't have throwed that snow at you."

"Well, don't worry about it now. Let's go back out side and finish our play."

"Geet, you will do no such thing. You are not going outside. You can't be trusted." Maan glared back at Geet, not caring that she was all set to resume her fight with him.

"But, Uncle, who will help me build my snowman?" asked JD innocently, before the two adults could start their arguing again.

Maan's face looked blank as he contemplated JD's unexpected question. He then said without thinking, "I'll help you."

"You!" exclaimed Geet and JD together.

"Yes, me. What?" questioned Maan, seeing their shocked faces. "I've made a few snowmen in my time."

"Really, Uncle? You'll really help me make a snowman?" JD's face lit up in excitement as he scrambled down from Geet's embrace. When Maan nodded affirmatively, JD looked at Geet with big, happy eyes. "GT, Uncle is going to help me make snowman. We're going to do it right now, aren't we, Uncle? GT, you have to make us some hot chocolate. Do you know, Uncle, GT makes the BEST hot chocolate."

JD continued to chatter enthusiastically as he followed Maan, who went to get his coat and gloves. Geet just looked at the two as they walked off together, unable to believe what had just occurred. Maan Singh Khurana, the great MSK, had just agreed to make snowmen with his nephew. Was it possible?

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yippieeeeeeeeeee
me 1st
Water. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I loved it.....such a wonderful update.
Poor Maan...trying to avoid Geet n stay away from her....hehe......but afsoos...cannot put the thoughts away....
A wonderful treat.....to read ur update...after having an intense class on human trafficking....

Loved it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

mitzi11 thumbnail
awesome update
pls cont soonnnnnnn
reenasv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

someone is on the way of falling in love. maan is soo concerned abt geet. nd now he is even ready to make snow man. arey vaa. what a change. awesome update. thnks for the pm. cant wait for the next update.

sakadafi thumbnail
Amazing update!!! Maan is so affected by Geet yet he is nowhere near to realize the place she holds in his life, being so eager to try and ignore that fact...I'm really enjoying your writing style.

MSK building a snowman 😆

Please continue soon...