Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Twitter broke my heart

In a rare revelation, actor Shah Rukh Khan explains why he got put off by the micro-blogging site

soumyadipta banerjee, singapore

When actor Shah Rukh Khan made his entry into the world of twitter, it became a talking point in the glam world. the regular postings by the actor too made it to the headlines. but before the year came to a close, his posts stopped, making everyone wonder why. well, here it is: king khan is still reeling from the aftershock of abuses he received online.

"I registered on twitter because karan (johar) suggested it to me. I thought that it would be fun interacting with all my fans directly. but then something happened recently, which broke my heart. I was left wondering as to why i was being subjected to all this," says the actor while taking a break between his rehearsals at the venue of the zee cine awards in singapore.

elaborating further, the actor says that some of his followers posted a few nasty gaalis on his page. "everybody's entitled to freedom of speech but posting gaalis and abusive words is another matter. i certainly don't deserve it. my son (aryan) came to know about one such case and asked me, 'dad, who are these people? why on earth should they talk to you like that?' that's when i decided to take a break from it. recently, when i posted something on ra.one, the abusive postings reappeared again. when something bad is written about me, at least i know who's behind it, but these (on twitter) are faceless and nameless people. they are just getting a kick by giving gaalis to shah rukh khan, i'm bewildered by all this," he says candidly.

these incidents, says srk, has forced him to re-think his outlook towards life. "earlier, i never bothered about such things. but today i have two kids who are growing up very fast. they look up to me. i have my employees who also look up to me. what was nothing to me in the past is something in the present. something's changing within me as my kids and i get older at the same time. I think i'm becoming reclusive as i grow older. I feel the need to cut myself off from negative energies," he ends

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/epapermain.aspx?edorsup=Sup&queryed=23&querypage=1&boxid=30511356&parentid=132934&eddate=01/16/2011

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Awww man that's so sad๐Ÿ˜”
ladygaga thumbnail
Twitter is crazy, and even these online forums.. well atleast forums are moderated.. but twitter and youtube.. and other stuff is totally unmoderated.. I think out and out commercial celebs like Srk, Salman and Akki get the most bashing..even actresses like Katrina, Priyanka, Kareena..get bashed because they are in the public eye for the most part.. i don't think these celbs should subject themselves to the stuff said about them online.. its just a gruelling experience.. people take their frustrations out on them.. its intenet afterall no one can control anything.. i am glad celebs like ranbir and bebo never joined it.. but well it has helped to connect fans with stars.. and its sucks for the genuine fans when stars get put off like this..
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
who r these people, they sure need to get a life, it is disgusting that u abuse someone u don't even know personally
starstruckk thumbnail
I guess SRK's new to all these social networking websites because people say some of the most ridiculous stuff on not just twitter but all over the cyber world. Look at youtube for instance..if SRK saw what people wrote on youtube in response to a mere video (some of those huge arguments people have there and then start swearing etc), he'd probably faint. lol It's just easier for people to say whatever they want on the internet without really portraying their identity...nonetheless it's still very wrong.
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
These people are just jealous of ur success. It's not your fault that your the biggest star of bollywood and those people are mad their favorites aren't as big star as you. Just never login to twitter please. These online haters are bad for your health. Take care
Zareena thumbnail
This is from December 2010

Is Shahrukh Khan bored from Twitter?

Written by Nikita Kapoor
Thursday, 02 December 2010 16:23

Whatever Shahrukh Khan does he gives in his hundred percent, and one can learn from SRK about almost any subject, be it cinema or twitter, SRK does wonders everywhere he goes.

When Shahrukh Khan joined twitter (twitter.com/IAMSRK) he immediately got a following which few have managed to attract till date on the micro blogging site and why not when people are getting a chance to interact with their superstar and too so directly, anyway Shahrukh also never disappointed his fans and kept them in awe by posting latest happenings of his life continuously.

However it has been quite some time now when Shahrukh last posted (November 3) something on twitter, and this became the talk of town, media and fans alike were going frenzy as they were not getting their daily dose of star's daily life. Yesterday when Shahrukh Khan returned (along with Priyanka Chopra) from Berlin after completing the shooting of Don 2, we caught up with him at the Mumbai airport and asked him about it, he said that he had expected something else out of twitter, and does not like the micro blogging site anymore.

All we can say is that if at all Shahrukh decides to quit twitter it will be more than 7 lakh people who will be disappointed.

Zareena thumbnail
I don't know how bad is twitter..but i know for a fact..it couldn't get worse than bollywoodhungama forum. They abuse srk really bad with the worse gaalis.

Originally posted by: pooja_l

who r these people, they sure need to get a life, it is disgusting that u abuse someone u don't even know personally

well said pooja,
agree wid u...๐Ÿ˜Š
mj_applehead thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
its sad he had to go through something like that.and worse his son saw it..his fans will continue wishing him the best n loving him.we love you shah rukh no matter what.