Onion,Garlic & Tomato :- Govt.Hot Potato!!!

JATINTHAKKAR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

The Continous Hyper Galloping Inflation in our Country in case of Food Essentials is an Serious Concern.

The Prices of Onion,Tomatoes & Garlic have gone 4 times up in no time & the Inflation in these food items is about 300 to 400%.This is a Serious Case of Hyper Galloping Inflation in our Country.

Well Onion,Tomatoes & Garlic are Essential Ingriedients in any basic or staple Indian Diet.Without these,Our Diet is Incomplete.

The Govt Gives the reason of untimely rains which destroyed Onion crop in Nashik,Maharashtra.But this reason is Faulty & Inadequate.

The Production of Onion has increased to 95 million tonnes in the country as compared to last year's 85 million tonnes.Similarly our Exports too have fell than last year.Naturally in this case,there should'nt be any scarcity of Onions.Then a student of Commerce like me will ask a question to Govt that how come there is scarcity of onion when we have produced more & exported less?

I think there is some Speculative hoarding going on by the Middleman coz the Farmers don't get their MSP(Minimum Support Price) nor the Customers are getting these goods cheaply.The Customers are really facing the heat of such price-rise & normally face the wrath of the situation.

The biggest problem of the day is Gross Mismanagement in all Food Essentials by the UPA Govt & the Inept & Incompetent Agriculture,Consumer Affairs,Food & Civil Supplies Minister Sharad Pawar.Sharad Pawar is not an Astrologer but his predictions surely come true.He Has Always Motivated the Middleman to speculate by his speeches.

First & Foremost,there is a special cell working under PMO who keeps an eye on Prices & Inflation on hour to hour,minute to minute basis.There is Similar Cell working under Sharad Pawar which is known as Civil Supplies which too performs the same functions.

But these Existing Mechanisms don't look like performing their duty so naturally they should be rolled down to work or if they are'nt working,cut down their heads.

First of all,Manmohan Singh is an Economist & he Knows everything.When he knows that Sharad Pawar isn't performing,he has to take the Portfolios from Pawar.These are Important Portfolios which are related to basic essentials of life of every citizen of the country.An Inept Person Like Sharad Pawar needs to quit or forced to quit by the Govt.Someone has to be made Accountable.

We Have Imported Onions from Pakistan at 40 Rs.Kg Now which were Exported at 16 Rs.Kg.Again there is Huge Deficit & Gross Mismanagement in EXPORT-IMPORT Policy of the Govt.

Sharad Pawar always plays the Game of Passing the Buck to State Govt. but States only can control hoarding.Other things are'nt in their control.Sharad Pawar does'nt take the blame on himself nor helds himself accountable.

The Garlic Which used to be for 70 Rs.per Kg is Today in the Range of 280-400 Rs.per Kg.Tomatoes which also were 20 Rs.Kg previously are now 70-80 Rs.Kg.The Prices have gone up by 4-5 times yet the Govt is mum on these.

Rather Being proactive,The Govt Reacts very late.
The Govt has to Look Into These matter & Penalise the Defaulters & Hoarders.
These Prices Won't come down in 24 hrs as said by Govt.But this Existing UPA Govt Propriety has Died.

When Sugar Prices had Risen above,Sharad Pawar's Party NCP said that,"TooMuch Of Sugar will Bring Diabetes".
Perhaps Now They'll Say,"Too Much of Onion,Garlic & Tomatoes will Bring Tears from your Eyes".

You Can Expect More From These Corrupt Rulers.
Edited by JATINTHAKKAR - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
aww man, if only I went to mcx and bought onion last year :(
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well gotta look for alternatives or do away with some things.
Or grow some on your own too. These days I hardly eat rice. A couple of sweet potatoes provided enough starch n carbo with no side effects or danger of diabetes.
Sharad pawar is a known crook 🤢 He said it will take upto a few weeks to get the price of onions  to come down a bit but the govt has taken steps to bring it down and from Rs 70/-kg its down to 40/kg now Edited by zorrro - 13 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
What is the reason for inflation? There is always a good economic reason for inflation.

In my opinion crop failure is not a flimsy excuse, but actually one of the most valid and logical reasons for alarming inflation. The average consumer does not understand the gravity of crop failure or unseasonal weather on a farming operation.

I work in the farming industry in the Midwest and the flooding, unseasonal rain and odd winters took a toll on certain species. Such events not only result in crop failure, but the farmer invests a lot more time, money and effort into salvaging and harvesting the crop. Failed food crops are more perishable and need special transportations like coolers/freezers etc, jacking up costs even more.

Now I won't deny that there is corruption or shady activity in the government. I will also accept that the government has not been proactive in addressing an impending economic issue.

However, I always say more blame needs to be lain on the economic system we follow than just the government.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^ Some people say it's because the congress came into power.
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its because of hoarding ! artificial shortage created so as to push prices up
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Why the PM cannot send pawar out of the cabinet field, to enjoy the cricket field alone, fully. doesn't billion plus india have someone else more suitable as food-agri minister, who will concentrate on ensuring that food-storage is properly done, and hoarding for pofiteering is monitored and prevented, instead of merely blaming it all on state govts, while watching international cricket?.😕

I think Nafed to stop exporting onions and doubling the export prices, this will not solve any price issue in india but would only add to the cup of already irrepairable woes:
1. the storage and delivery systems are still in hopeless condition!!! the extra load of onions will only rot in some gutter and wont reach the people!!!!
2. the middle men would use this opportunity to sell the onions in blackmarket at more price and go for the kill in the export market!!!!

only 3 words for the Govt food policies: corruption, scam and daylight robbery!!😊

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Why the PM cannot send pawar out of the cabinet field, to enjoy the cricket field alone, fully. doesn't billion plus india have someone else more suitable as food-agri minister, who will concentrate on ensuring that food-storage is properly done, and hoarding for pofiteering is monitored and prevented, instead of merely blaming it all on state govts, while watching international cricket?.😕

Vote politics !
Congress do not have majority in maharastra so have to take support of chor like sharad pawar 😡 
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
When will Goldman Sachs buy and put Onions on the stock market?