If John a bad actor, so is Abhi: Anurag

SolidSnake thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
#1
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/-If-John-a-bad-actor-so-is-Abhi-Anurag/articleshow/6814354.cms

[quote]The two go back a long way and the support isn't new for Kashyap. Four years ago, he wrote in defence of John on a blog, mercilessly taking on actors Hrithik and Abhishek to make his point. According to the director, Abhishek Bachchan is a bad actor and Hrithik Roshan doesn't have John's intelligence when it comes to choosing scripts.

The Dev D director said of his No Smoking actor, "There is a lot being written about John's performance in Babul and Kabul... and I am not trying to say he is good in them, he is not. Whose fault is it? Some reviewer wrote that he stands in a corner doing nothing. Why should he do anything when he is not required to do it? He is doing what the director asks him to do."

According to him, the onus for making an actor perform rests on a director. He adds, "Now John is not as good an actor as Hrithik is or Aamir, but the man understands that and works on it. He was pathetic in Babul but that wasn't his role. He was miscast and no one except the director can be blamed for that. Knowing he is an actor who cannot speak the language he was made to speak, someone should have worked with him, someone should have worked with him on his motivations and state of mind, but no one bothered to because no one cared, they already had the proposal, project was already sold."

He compares John to Aamir Khan and takes a dig at Hrithik too. He blogs, "Show me another actor other than Aamir Khan who can refuse two big proposals of doing a Yashraj film and a Mani Ratnam film (incidentally, I worked on both these films that he rejected) and choose absolutely risky Kabul Express or No Smoking... SRK didn't have the courage. Hrithik Roshan, the other day asked me at a friend's party, in front of Kunal Kapoor as witness, 'Why didn't you come to me with No Smoking? I heard the concept somewhere and liked it." He couldn't remember who told him and where, and I did not remind him that it was me who narrated him the concept but at that time he wanted to do something like Starsky and Hutch. Problem is no actor barring Aamir and John have the intelligence or imagination to see a film before it's made."

Kashyap takes on Junior Bachchan too. "If John Abraham is a bad actor than Abhishek Bachchan is equally bad, but who has the b***s to write it? AB was great in Yuva to everybody except me. I am the one who wrote the goddamned lines. I wrote Lallan Singh and they were the best damn lines I ever wrote. And believe me, he didn't understand half of it. He never rose above the script, but he won all the awards. His talent, and his career, the way it has shaped up are two different things and I do not envy him that. He is loved by people. John is rising over the script in what I am doing."[/quote]

Created

Last reply

Replies

18

Views

1.9k

Users

15

Likes

24

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
#2
WOW!!!!!!! Then why did he cast John Abraham in his film then if he thinks he's a bad actor?
desigrl05 thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Sparkler Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
#3

ermm...okay... both are not good actos but sometimes pull off a good performance..that too galti se.. for example..john's best peformance in his life has to be themovie 'water' ..and abhi's has to be in 'guru'

gilmores thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago
#4
Uhhhh...
I liked Kabul Express. The rest of the article is ummm..😕
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
#5
Both actors still have a lot to prove in the industry before being termed as "excellent" actors. They have a long way to go before they can come to such great excellence like the Shahrukh, Saif, Salman, Aamir, Amit ji, Hrithik, etc etc etc.

I love Abhi but have to be a bit realistic that he hasn't done many "impressive" roles.

Same with John.

Just wish them both the best. I'm sure they'll succeed!
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 15 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
#6
very intersting article. he even mentions that hrithik asked why he didn't come to him for no smoking movie. I haven't watched no smoking movie but if hrithik is interest in than I should watch it😆
gilmores thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago
#7
^ I don't think you wanna watch No Smoking😛 My friend saw it and that was enough for me.😆
But I dunno..Dev D was good..
ISano thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
#8
dont u ever try to watch the movie i saw it on sony tv a bit.. it was like time wasnt moving at all.. i couldnt take it
i left from there
lovanika thumbnail
21st Anniversary Thumbnail Rocker Thumbnail Engager Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
#9
If Anurag is talking about star power then I agree with him onthis...both Abhi, Hritik and John do not have that kind of star power as the three Khans
But is he is talking about acting then I have to disagree...becasue a hit movie or the BO appeal is not acting.....id we go by acting hten I think many of hte top actors will stand behind the line. How many of them have done different/ challenging/out of the league roels?????? Only names which come to my mind are - Big B, Aamir Khan, SRK, and Saif...
Terenaina thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Trailblazer Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
#10
is the movie that bad? tell me guys, is it about quitting smoking?

Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 2 months ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/DbkQZqRDAX8/?img_index=1 igsh=b3RwNTBtcnFoeHQ3

https://www.instagram.com/p/DbkQZqRDAX8/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood · 3 months ago

https://x.com/i/status/2064366493970641038

https://x.com/i/status/2064366493970641038
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Maroonporsche · 5 months ago

https://x.com/bollygup/status/2047344458878837052?s=46

https://x.com/bollygup/status/2047344458878837052
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Maroonporsche · 5 months ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/DXEuektjdUm/ An this was ABC this morning https://x.com/GMA/status/2043676249936314418?s=20

https://www.instagram.com/p/DXEuektjdUm/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Maroonporsche · 6 months ago

https://x.com/samthebestest_/status/2038819504357273846?s=46

https://x.com/samthebestest_/status/2038819504357273846
Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".