Can money buy you happiness and love?

Khatarnak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Having money can solve a lot of problems in terms of finances, but it cannot buy happiness and love. Money can buy you happiness if stuff is what really makes you happy, but if your happiness lies in things that are less superficial money will not guarantee happiness. Having a big house or a fancy car or maybe even getting to the point where you don't have to work at all will not necessarily make you happy if you are unable to do the things you love. Money could also, in a certain sense, buy you love, but only with someone who only cares whether or not you have a good amount of money in the bank. It can't buy your true love since that person will most likely care more about your money than about you. All money can really do for you is help you pay the bills and get things that you wouldn't have otherwise.

Happiness simply does not come from owning a nice house and a nice car and maybe even hiring people to do all the yardwork and cleaning in the house. Those things can certainly be nice, but they won't bring true happiness. True happiness comes from doing things that you love and being able to express the things that your passionate about. A big house can't do that for you, and neither can an expensive car. They might look nice and they may make you more popular, but they will not make you happy if your dreams are less superficial.

While money may not really be able to buy you happiness or love, it can buy you peace of mind. So many Americans struggle with paying bills and making ends meet. Many have to take two or more jobs to be able to pay their bills while many more can't even get a job. Having money saves you from those worries. You won't have to worry about being unable to pay a few of your bills one month and you won't have to stop and think about how much money is in the bank before you go eat out with your family. Money can protect you from the financial worries that so many Americans face today. Even though that would be a huge burden off anyone's shoulders, it is not that same as true happiness. Having money does not mean you have everything you want. It just means you can afford to buy almost anything you want.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Before money it was all barter trade which was rather cumbersome.
ONe camel for 2 bakras.
these days cash and credit has made our lives more sophisticated.

Money has made many things more convenient and in modern societies we cannot do without it. some consider it as the second God, the rest as the first God.
Because desire is limitless so is our thirst for wealth.
this can blind and mislead us, due to Greed.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I saw many ad's different place n different situation its says 'happiness can be purchased just through money'..They create a feeling that we are missing something...then we start working for it, then we earn money, thn we purchase it. And then we feel that you have been deceived...I believe money is greatest distraction against happiness...In english we have another name for money which is more significant ...it is "currency." Tht simply indicates that money shld always remain moving like a current....those who are greed for money, they never feel happiness in their life...greed means you become obsessed wth money....dil mange more...control the 'more'...I think if we live simple, or poor mans life...and cherish whatever things you have, then we can enjoy more...😃

Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

I saw many ad's different place n different situation its says 'happiness can be purchased just through money'..They create a feeling that we are missing something...then we start working for it, then we earn money, thn we purchase it. And then we feel that you have been deceived...I believe money is greatest distraction against happiness...In english we have another name for money which is more significant ...it is "currency." Tht simply indicates that money shld always remain moving like a current....those who are greed for money, they never feel happiness in their life...greed means you become obsessed wth money....dil mange more...control the 'more'...I think if we live simple, or poor mans life...and cherish whatever things you have, then we can enjoy more...😃

I think if we have the brains and intelligence and it is accompanied by money life can be pretty smooth, all things being equal.
But if our body is too old and we are very sick , then the Doctor will be happy.😆

Originally posted by: Summer3

I think if we have the brains and intelligence and it is accompanied by money life can be pretty smooth, all things being equal.
But if our body is too old and we are very sick , then the Doctor will be happy.😆

👏👏😆😆😆
No,money can NEVER buy you happiness and love.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahi_Way

No,money can NEVER buy you happiness and love.

For most of us I think it is important to know the answers to several questions in order to get peace of mind, what is happening ?, what are we doing here ? , why are we born ?, what is the purpose of our lives ? What is God up to ? Where is he hiding ? etc.
Once we have some knowledge then we can enjoy and spend the money too.😆 Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Summer3

For most of us I think it is important to know the answers to several questions in order to get peace of mind, what is happening ?, what are we doing here ? , why are we born ?, what is the purpose of our lives ? What is God up to ? Where is he hiding ? etc.
Once we have some knowledge then we can enjoy and spend the money too.😆

Quran has the answer to every question, so i don't really need to think anythin you mentioned above.
As for money we can spend money even w/o having knowledge ,sir😛
Edited by Mahi_Way - 14 years ago
pogo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Money can sure buy us instant happyness that lasts for a short while and also lots of 'fake' love..😊
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahi_Way

Quran has the answer to every question, so i don't really need to think anythin you mentioned above.
As for money we can spend money even w/o having knowledge ,sir😛

Paisa hai to sab kuch milega.😆
Ask Vinu ji.