Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: darkness_123

-No spoilers. If you've seen the promos of the movie, there's nothing new you'll learn from this write up...-

Just back from a screening of JTYJN.... I can't say I'm impressed.... ๐Ÿคข

The story is the same old thing ripped off from every other Hollywood teen flick. Boy and girl are best friends. Everyone but boy and girl can see that they're meant to be together. They decide to improve each other's love lives, end up getting jealous when they see their best friend being cootchy pootchy lovey dovey with someone else. Think to themselves "Like OMG, he/she's my best friend.... Why do I feel this way??" making your head sore and wishing that these teens would get over their teen angst already and get it into their thick heads what has been blatantly obvious from like, the first scene. Suddenly someone has a revelation, springs into action and happy ending, happy ending.

Like, what? You didn't get the whole story from the promos? ๐Ÿคข :/ :/

What I went to see is that if the same old story has been presented in a fresh way. In parts, yes Jaane Tu... does work.... But mostly, you get the feeling that you've seen this movie before.

Character/Actor analysis:

Jai/Imran: Jai's a pretty chilled out guy. Mellow, amicable. He'd rather use his wits to settle that argument than put up his fists. Nothing seems to ruffle his feathers. Nothing. Until of course, the "AH - HA!" moment of the movie. A basic run of the mill guy who is a loving son and the stabilizing factor in tempestuous Aditi's life.

Imran does a passable job of playing just another guy next door, mostly coz there seems to be no "ACTING" involved. He seems to just be playing himself. His scenes with Ratna Pathak Shah, who plays his mom, are better than the rest of his scenes. High point of the movie for me was finding out that he has a six pack. (Yeah, I'm a sucker for six packs. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Only not on like 45 year old SRK. ๐Ÿ˜•) 

All through the movie, all I could focus on was how much the dude resembles Aamir - not looks-wise, but expression-wise.... He has a lot of mannerisms and expressions that remind us crazily of Aamir. Good thing is he doesn't seem to put these on. It just seems a natural thing for him. I don't think it would be fair to compare them, as it's just Imran's first movie, and Aamir generally does an altogether different genre of cinema. I don't think Imran will be as big a superstar as Aamir, but he does seem to have something in him that will make him a decent success.

Aditi/Genelia: Aditi is a spitfire. As one of the characters says, Aditi doesn't do anything in moderation, whether it be love, hate or anything else. And that makes the character a little unbearable. You just wish she would tone it down for a bit. There's no need to get so hyper over such small things for godssake! ๐Ÿ˜•

Genelia seemed to annoy me throughout the movie, as she does in every other movie. ๐Ÿคข Maybe I could bear her a little better if someone else dubbed for her? Her voice modulation and tone is all over the place and you wish she'd stop screeching.

Amit/Prateik Babbar: Amit is is Aditi's brother and a complete mystery to everyone. He's moody, and his only hobbies seem to be annoying Jai to get Aditi hyper, sketching and playing with his pet rat/mouse/whatever it is.

Best character of the movie to me. I really really liked him.

I was quite curious about Prateik as I liked Smita Patil a lot. He seems pretty talented, and played his complex character of moody but loving brother to Aditi quite well. I hope to see him in better movies that showcase him to his best.

Rest of the gang: Rest of the Gang seems to consist of a motley crew of random people. They're just all very irritating. Specially with all the singing they do. ๐Ÿคข

*Slight spoiler below - highlight to read* 
Arbaaz and Sohail Khan for being the best goddamn part of the movie. Every time they appeared on screen was the only time I truly enjoyed the movie. I do wish the three Khan brothers would appear in some comedies together as they seem to have impeccable comic timing, especially Sohail. These two made the movie for me, even though they just appeared for like 15 minutes overall.

Music of the movie grated on my nerves continuously, and the long, over winded, annoyingly kheeechofied climax (did we really have to see every turn, twist, pothole and bump in the road Jai is taking??? Cut to the point, goddamnnit! ๐Ÿ˜ก) made the movie a definite wash out for me.

Overall, if you want to enjoy the movie, go with no expectations. Whatsoever. Switch your brain off, and watch it as an only timepass movie and maybe you'll like it. Either which way, as boring as this movie is, it's still gonna beat the pants off Love Story 2050. ๐Ÿคข 

nicely put, I agree with almost all the points except for Arbaaz and Sohail Khan part , I found them thoroughly boring ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†........So was Naseer's character, his dialogue delivery was ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•, I'm surprised why was he asked to talk like this.....

on the other hand music was good, "kabhi kabhi aditi" song grows on u. Its just a OK movie, nothing special about it.

MizzSoni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

well i thought it was a very cuteee movie...
u cant divulge in the details of the script since itsss so simple
but wut really gets u is the down to earth feel of it
like u r friends with these ppl too
n silently rooting for rats n meow(nicknames a little cheesy ๐Ÿ˜Š )
imran is soo handsome i really want to c him in more movies
im so sick of twists n turns n other vulgarity that r in movies today becuz ppl dont like normal they want more
but i like seeing movies with ppl who r normal
like meghna wasnt sum big chested hot girl she was sumone that a guy could like n sushant was that bad like he wasnt over the top negative
it was just a feel good movie bout normal ppl in our everday lives ๐Ÿ˜Š although the whole talkin to pic frame n horse riding n all was filmy but hey there has to be sumthing spicy as well๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by MizzSoni - 15 years ago
ChupChupKe1223 thumbnail
meow meow mat jao. I LOVE MEOW.

sir terrorist meow kar raha hai. no not may au. meow jaise billi karti hai.

tere mujse he ....naatha koi...jaane tu ya jaane na...

sir ab terrorist gana gaa raha hai. kaunsa gana sir. er, jaane tu ya jaane na.

aagar aisa kuch kabhi kiya to koi bhi police officer tujhe shoot karega. agar aisa kabho gaya to KOI bhi tuje shoot karega.

something like tha
apux thumbnail
I gotta admit, I was a bit disappointed...it was a nice story but not a great story...Imraan Khan was looked amazingly handsome, especially in black...There was a lot of funny moments...and sweet too...esp, the Aditi and her bro...I totally fight the same way with my bros too...I really loved Jai's reaction when Sushant kissed Aditi...I did really like that it was a simple story but a mindblowing love story, it was not!
bheegi thumbnail
I loved the movie- it is cute, simple, funny, no melodrama, neat and clean and great characterization ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ Each character is alive in this movie, be it the lead pair, their friends, Aditi's brother, any of the parents, Jai's lost cousins and even Jai's deceased dad!

I would give it 4/5 ๐Ÿ‘

Jai and Aditi make a cute pair. I loved Genelia's acting. She is a good actress ๐Ÿ‘
brokenmirrors thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Saw the movie today, I think it's a very nice movie. Imran Khan & Genelia were great, they look really good on-screen and the storyline was also very interesting. Too bad the movie didn't had something special.
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i wtch this film last week and even though it had a simple done a hundred tyms storyline it was very gd. it was funny and sad at the ryt moments and u never get bored throughout it all.
imran and genelia both did great jobs and they luk nyc togther bt i think a lot of credit goes to the other characters in the film. espeshli the two cowboys! its the typ if film u cn go wtch with your family and enjoy yourself so i wud highly recomend it.
i wud rate 3.5/5
bastereliye thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i loved hte movie yaar!!! it was well acted and well written!!! really good actors and very fun to watch!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
great movie!!!same wine served differently..the best thing about the movie was that normal ppl like us cud relate to it. ๐Ÿ˜›
simran_rai thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
too good a movie, I must have seen it atleast 15 times by now