New FF: In the shadows chp17B&pg38 18/3

kuttu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi

I thought the forum was getting closed. But after holidays I found it still active. And lot of interesting reads too.

I thought of writing too something as I have been an ardent fan of this forum. I am experimenting a new idea I do not know how well it's going to jell with the readers. The characters are going to be Jai and Bani itself. You might find a similarity between some paranormal works. The story is kind of my idea but the element of the story is borrowed.

Hence if anyone finds I am violating anyone's intelligent properties please do let me know.

So here is the new story from me. In the shadows.  And please do write if you like the idea. Positive and negative comments are welcome.

We have the characters the same way almost you could say. Jai is close to his forties. Bani is twenty one. Pia nineteen and Rano is just seventeen as the story begins from this point of their lives.

Chapter 1

He loved the cold nights. Just to hear the wind blow or rather feel the cold breeze on his skin.  The emptiness, silence and darkness gave him a feeling of being one with nature and it set him free. Not bound to the laws of civilization. Everything was a faade here. He wanted an escape and this lonely wood's was the only places were he could be himself away from the prying eyes of the society.

Tomorrow early morning he had a meeting with the lawyers something he had putting it off for a while. He never wanted to be a part of the old mans life but now he couldn't avoid it. He had promised himself after his sixteenth birthday never to set foot in the same room the old man was present. Now thinking back of all the bitterness and anger he felt towards the old man seemed meaningless. He was no more. And he died peacefully in bed which was kind of hard for him to digest. The old man was the reason for so many heart aches and broken relationships.

???????????????????????????????????

We can see a plush office in one of the busiest streets in Bombay. It belonged to the Walia's. To be precise it belonged to Jai Walia. He had the best of everything. But he was a big recluse. He hardly got out of his castle or rather the dungeon when ever he was in town, like how his employee's relatives and friends referred to his home. He operated mainly from home and the rest of the time he was a nomad. As with all the recent expansions in business he was always on the move.

Today he is going to be in office so everyone from the sectary to the janitor and the managers are all in an extra alert mode as nothing escaped his eyes and he wanted everything in order or else they were sure before the day ends their suspension letter would be handed in.

We see a dark black Mercedes stop at the main entrance and a man walk out of it. He just handed the keys to the security to get it parked. He always loved the drive from his cottage. But in the city he hardly set hands on the steering wheel. Everyone just stood up to greet him and he notices one of the plants in the lobby area beginning to wither.

The first thing he enters the office he calls up the maintenance manger and he gets fired.

Adi on hearing the out burst from the cabin knocks and makes his presence felt. He felt pity for the guy. But no use talking to Jai. Once a decision is taken he never changes it. May be that what made him successful or rather a hard person. Today he knew Jai is not going to be happy with the news what the lawyers have to tell him. He is sure to go ballistic and on top of it he never liked the old man. Yes both were of a kind and they both hated each others guts.

Jai: Oh so Mr. Bali you are here very much. Do I have to even see the maintenance jobs in my office.

Adi: he ignored the fact that Jai had called him with his family name. He failed to understand his brother in law he was such a recluse and it seemed as though he had no feelings with in him.

Jai I think we have some very serious issues to tackle before we get into trivial things.

Jai: You need a place to be in proper order to function.

Adi: How does a withering plant effect the functioning is beyond my comprehension and I think its better we save it for later as the lawyer has been after my life for two weeks to get you.

Jai: Send him in. Now I am really curious to know what the old man has been unto in the last days of this life.

The lawyer briefs him on the will left. Jai just goes ballistic after hearing it out. He was raving like a mad person.

Jai: What does the old man think of himself I could have killed him with my own bare hands.

Adi: He is already dead so now what is your next step is all that we want to know.

Jai: I am not interested in his wealth. He can take a hike.

Adi: The wealth we are referring to is also a part of the Walia industries.

Lawyer: And it's just a question of three to four years. He wants you to see the well being of the girls and a trust fund is allotted to them. All you have to do is sign the guardian ship and you are free to do?

Jai: Free to do. I already have one of his headaches in the name of Branalini to handle. Now he has got a set of girls for me. I don't know how come in his old age he could get stuck up with girls old enough to be his grand children.

Lawyer: Mr. Walia I now you are not on good terms with Branalini but considering the fact that Nachiketh is a gem of a person?

Jai: That frankly is something which I fail to understand how come two devils could give birth to such an angle like child. I doubt even if it is, their own child

The lawyer was quite taken back by that comment.

Adi: Can we leave aside the cynic ideas and get on to the pressing matter. Also we do not know anything about the girls and why your father had undertaken to take care of the girls in his old age. One more pressing issue here is that is the London property which we had put on sale and deed is already done your father owns 50% share in it. So now what do we do. He never interfered in your business decisions but now since he is gone and all his shares are being transferred on to your name. Also not to mention that he has not left anything in the name of Nachiketh and Jigyasa.

Jai: Transferred to my name. Leave the old man to make matters worse. He knows that my darling sister sorry to say this Adi but would spent it all in a moment and my so called half brother he seems to think that he is not worth it So Mr. lawyer does your brain have some ideas or do I have to do all the thinking and the execution also of it on now how to get the pressing problem of three orphaned girls out of the picture.

Lawyer. The way I see it Mr. Walia you can be the guardian to the two girls and they are already studying you need only to convince the elder girl. And its not like your father has written the shares into their names he wants the trust fund to be handles by you See that the girls are settled before you dispose of the properties?

Jai: Is there anyways the girls are going to die in the near future that's the only way I see I can get out of this. So can you get them killed?

The lawyer just looks at him stunned.

Adi: Jai please.

Jai: What please? I don't believe this what did he think of himself while making such a stupid will. If it's his way of getting back at me for ignoring him all these years. He got another thing coming his way.

Adi: He is no more so may be now you can put the differences behind and start thinking about the pressing problems out here.

Jai: Ya get me Tarun I believe he is in London and fix a meeting with the girls I want to see them.

Adi: Jai please. Don't take it out on the girls. They are innocent.

Jai: Innocent I don't think so.  And if they have been living with the old man no ways. And if it's his way of getting me do things the way he likes it all the money can go into the trash I care less for it.

Adi knew Jai would just do that. He was hoping a miracle happens in London and at least this time hope the old man has finally done something good. Other wise knowing Jai once the beast in him is unleashed nothing can stop him. It was like he was another person altogether.

Edited by kuttu - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorpion3110 thumbnail

hehehehe... Nice start, cynical Jai!!! He doesnt see himself getting out of this one unless the girls die in the near future, He wants his lawyer to arrange for that... LOL I am so looking forward to see him eat his words. Yay!

Do continue

soumiya thumbnail

Ya! Im sure he is gonna eat his words after he meets Bani 😊

cupid thumbnail

I love the whole concept of the story, it is just wonderful.

Can't wait to read what happen when Jai meet the girls.

Continue soon like tomorrow, because I'm waiting for more.

Thank you for writing a new FF, it keeps the forum going. Hats off to you.
shweta76 thumbnail
Good start ...I am already liking the story JW and Bani more like the one we fell in love with ...the only problem is Ms Pia the lawyer can at least arrange for one being killed in the near future...cant he
jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hey visma
good start

wohooo so jai is all bad mood with his father
and then the father has also put some clauses in the will
which is making jai go crazy

hope jai and bani meet soon

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cont soon

Edited by jeenal20 - 14 years ago
janu_2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey
gr8 start..
cont.sooon
lil angel 4 u thumbnail
ahahaha great start, i hope you introduce jai and bani together
and i why is jai so harsh??? amazing part, continue with the next :D
Heartbreak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm aready loving this FF babez. so Udhay left the three girls to Jai to takecare off hhhmmmm..... 

Cant wait for the meeting to take place.

byebye
Love Perveen...xxx
hooman thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey!!

Thank you so much for starting another ff...Its awesome!!
Gosh Jai and his anger...asking the lawyer to kill the girls was so funny..I wonder what his reaction will be when he actually meets the girls..continue real soon

nadia