Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago
Debina's(Sita) interview in Delhi Times 22 aug 08
Debina Bonnerjee knows what she has got into. A number of advertisements and modelling assignments later, she is currently portraying the role of Sita in NDTV Imagine's Ramayan.

So, why did she shy away from the public glare for the first couple of months since the show started? Debina says that it was a strategy on the part of the channel. 'They probably didn't want us to be exposed to scrutiny since both Gurmeet (Ram) and I are fairly new to the showbiz industry.'

Playing the much-debated role of Sita was no mean task for Debina. 'I thought a lot before giving my nod to the role. Being a modern woman, I had my reservations with certain aspects of the character. But now that I have started playing the role, I have a better understanding of the society and the times she lived in.' And what about stepping into the shoes of Deepika, a name hitherto synonymous with the portrayal of Sita on the small screen?

'No two actors have a similar way of acting. The entire team on the sets has started calling me Sita, and till the time people on the streets recognise me as Sita, I would feel I am doing justice to my role,' she says and goes on to reveal something surprising, 'I am quite friendly with Akhilesh Mishra who plays Ravana. At times it becomes difficult to say nasty things to him when we are shooting.'

Debina is also relieved that there are no comparisons between this Ramayan and the earlier one. She elaborates, 'Since both the Ramayans have been made by the same production house, there is no scope for comparison.' The actress is already clear about the way she wants her career to take shape on the small screen. 'People ask me if I am already considering other offers coming my way and I just say, 'I am not ready to compromise with the responsibility of playing the role of Sita.' I am also very clear about the kind of roles that I would take up after Ramayan. I can't play with the image that my first TV show has created for me.

Viewers will never accept me in the role of a scheming bahu. But, I would love to be a part of a dance-based reality show,' she says.
chandnii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Debina Bonnerjee, who plays Sita in Ramayan, bought a new house for herself in Mumbai last week. Debina, who is originally from Kolkata, gave us details.

"I was in Mumbai last week and bought a house at Yari Road (Andheri). It is very hectic to shift your house. My parent's lives in Kolkata and I used to live alone in Mumbai on rental basis. But I was tired of living alone. I used to miss my family a lot. Now I am shooting in Baroda and so whenever I get a holiday I go to Mumbai."

She further says, "I was doing the shifting alone first but then my younger brother came to help me. It was stressful to change the address and pack up all the stuff and then keep it in order. Now because of my work I have to be here and it was difficult for me to take care of my parents from here. They too were worried about me so we decided to settle down in Mumbai permanently and I bought this one BHK house.Earlier, I used to live in Lokhandwala."

Debina adds, "Half of the house is still unmanaged. My parents too are coming so I have to catch up with them. But when they will be here I will be less worried as they will start arranging the rest of the things like looking for servants and all. I am happy that I will not feel lonely anymore."

Before this show, Debina has done some films down south but through this show she debuted on television.
chandnii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thnx a lot starry for providing so many articles 😛😛😛
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
thnxx 2 u as well dear...
manishagwl2009 thumbnail
hell every1 congratulation in new fan club i am big fan of gurmeet n debina
add me in  fan lists 😊
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail

Originally posted by: manishagwl2009

hell every1 congratulation in new fan club i am big fan of gurmeet n debina

add me in  fan lists 😊

Welcome...😊
manishagwl2009 thumbnail
thanks starry di
manishagwl2009 thumbnail

[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/2m4vtkn.jpg" />

i hope like it😛
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Guys....Fan Club's waiting for its 10th Member...so r u d lucky one...do join in.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Closing thread on topic starter's request.

Topic Closed