Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
The vivacious and graceful Shakuntala of Star One aka Neha Mehta is all set to tie the knot with her business man boyfriend by the end of the year. Her show has just gone off air and thus she is busy preparing for her up coming wedding.

"I will not be taking any daily shows as I am getting married in December. For now I am busy shopping for the clothes and the jewellery. Alongside I have to sit with the designer to design my clothes for the D- Day," stated Neha happily. When asked about her boyfriend she said, "I can't tell you much about him as he doesn't like to come in this limelight. All I can say is that he is from a different background, a business man."

Are the dates finalised for the marriage? "Not yet as of now but it will happen in the first week of December. I got engaged in April and things happened too fast," she chirps. "We have known each other from quite a long time but recently realised that want to spend life together. Now even after marriage I am planning to go for a long honeymoon of more than a month," she adds further.

So will you continue to act? "Well after my marriage I want to concentrate on my life for 3-4 months. It depends only after that of whether I wish to come back though I have not yet decided on that," she concludes. For now the bubbly actress is busy penning down the places she would love to explore with her better half. We wish her happy married life'

Source:http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2009/neha-tying-knot-220609.html

sambitapaul26 thumbnail
The actor hurts himself while shooting for Star One's Shakuntala...

Gagan Malik who rose to fame with Kumkum and Saath Saath is quite happy with his latest stint in Star One's Shakuntala. But as it is truly said 'No pain, no gain', the actor has hurt himself while shooting for the show.

"I have hurt myself while fighting with the sword. The weapons used in the serial are very real and heavy to handle", says Gagan.

He is essaying the role of Senapati Veer. "There are lots of fight sequences as I essay the role of senapati. Recently while shooting for a sequence, I hurt my hand with the sword, though it was not major. As we are using the real weapons, the risk of hurting others and ourselves is more, so we have to be cautious".

They do rehearse the scene daily before the shoot. "We rehearse for two hours on the previous day of the shoot. However, I am enjoying my stint in the show as I always wanted to do a periodic drama", he chirps.

At the end the actor concludes saying, "I really wish that people love my new look and the show too".

Madhura Naik and Sunny Nijar had also hurt themselves while shooting for the same. So it seems now the channel and the production team needs to take more precautions when it comes to the safety of actors.

From the coming week, Shakuntala will be aired from Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm on Star One.

Reporter and Author: Rachana Trivedi

sambitapaul26 thumbnail
Says đŸ˜‰GAUTAM SHARMA who is in Gandhinagar shooting for his serial Shakuntala .

Young, enthusiastic and charming actor Gautam Sharma is going gaga over the role he has bagged. After acting in serial Grihasthi, Gautam is back in action, but with a bigger banner. He will now be playing the lead role of king Dushyant in Shakuntala, a serial made by Sagar Pictures Ltd.
Talking about his new role, Gautam says, "It is a classic eternal love story and I feel that I can easily relate to it." When asked if he had to undergo rigorous training for his character, he quickly replies, "King Dushyant was an efficient horse rider. Luckily, I knew horse-riding and therefore, I did not have to undergo any rigorous training."
And what about having a muscular physique? "I have always been a fitness freak and thus have no problems in bring out the sturdy look," he adds.
Though the shooting of the show is going on in Gandhinagar, Gautam haven't managed to explore the city yet. "We are shooting for almost more than 12 hours a day and so I haven't got the chance to see the places. But yes, I am loving the winter out here, and I hope the sun is not too harsh in summer," says Gautam.
This handsome Bangalore-based boy has done several advertisements including Fair & Handsome, Orbit, Dabur, Coke, among others. He has even worked with almost all the famous Bollywood stars including Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Amitabh Bachchan.
Describing his experience of working with the Bollywood celebs, Gautam says, "I am really very fortunate to have go..

sambitapaul26 thumbnail

Gagan Malik will play love interest of Princess Gauri, played by Madhura Naik in Star One's Shakuntala...

After having reported that Madhura Naik enters Star One's Shakuntala, Telly Buzz brings to the readers the news of Gagan Malik's entry in the Sagar Arts' eternal love drama.

According to our source, "The actor is likely to enter on Monday or Tuesday of the coming week. He plays the role of a courageous warrior, Veer who is an integral part of Dushyant's sena".

"Rajkumar Dushyant spots Veer battling courageously in a mela, and calls him for a fight with him. In the battle that ensues, Dushyant wins, but praises Veer for his valor and courage. He eventually appoints Veer as Senapthi of his team and gives him the task of taking care of his sister, Princess Gauri (Madhura Naik)", adds our source.

The track ahead will see Gauri and Veer falling in love, and wanting to marry. However, Dushyant and his family are totally against getting Gauri married to a mere Senapathi.

If our sources are to be believed, there are chances of Veer turning negative and going against Dushyant later on.. "But the script has not been finalized, but this is the buzz going on at the moment", concludes our khabroo.

Gagan Malik was earlier seen in Kumkum Pyara Sa Bandhan and Saath Saath.

We tried calling the actor for a confirmation, but could not get thro' his line..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
-Candy- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Gautam Sharma bids Shakuntala adieu

Gautam Sharma, known as Dushyanta of Shakuntala, is heartbroken that his show will come to an end next week.

An unhappy Gautam says, "I have been attached to the show from day one so naturally, I feel bad that they have decided to end it on such short notice. It had a lot of potential. I was shocked when I came to know. But, I believe that all good things come to an end. We have not shot for the last episode yet, that will happen in a few days. Both the channel as well as the production house told us about the ending a few days ago. The show will end in a nice way."
The buzz is that the show is drawing to a close because of the tantrums thrown by its actors. Gautam, however, denies this saying, "It was the creative team's decision to end the show. I don't think it could be only because of the tantrums thrown by the artists. There could be many reasons it is going off air but I do not know about them. Maybe people didn't connect with it. I do not know anything about the TRPs or how these things work. I don't get into that. For me, it is personal responses that matter the most. And I've got very positive responses too. We had to work on our language and looks so that it was all contemporary and it appealed to youngsters."

Reminiscing about the good times he's had shooting for Shakuntala, Gautam says, "I learnt horse riding and sword fighting for the show. We used to shoot in Ahmadabad, in the heat of the sun as well as in the cold weather. Actors rarely get an opportunity like this in the TV industry. I have many memories of the locations we shot at, the unit members, everyone. I'm going to miss the entire setup and everyone here. The production house gave us many facilities. I would love to work them with again."

The actor is undecided about what to do next. He says, "I still have to meet people and decide. I have nothing planned. Right now, I want to arrange a get together for everyone on the last day of the show. We have spent 6 months with each other and I've enjoyed my time there a lot."

After the show wraps up, Gautam will visit his parents in Bangalore. He also plans to take a short holiday.
-Candy- thumbnail

Dushyant & Shakuntala are Cute, heard this?

TV couch potatoes are GA GA over lead cast and period television show 'Shakuntala' on Star One channel.

Show has TV actress Neha Mehta playing Shakuntala and newbie Gautam Sharma playing love interest King Dushyant. Both look cute and doing very well in the show.

Coming from Sagar Arts, show has its royal feel intact. Overall look and character selection is impressive. After DharamVeer, Sargar Arts got another winner in the form of Shakuntala . Read what fans are commenting on intro Shakuntala article. Its on StarOne Mon - Thrus 9:30PM, give it a view!..............

-Candy- thumbnail

Gagan Mailk is in a holiday mood after his show Shakuntala went off air recently. The actor is enjoying with his family in Delhi and is eagerly waiting for his first film Poison where he plays the lead.

"The shooting of the film was completed last year in December and now it's all ready for a launch," he states.

The star-cast includes Aman Verma and Mukul Dev too. "This is a movie produced by Prassana Safari Films, they were the distributers and also debut as producers with Poison," he adds further.

When asked about the story line of the film he replied, "I can't divulge any information. It is a thriller movie on the similar lines of Johnny Gaddar."

Hope this Poison turns out to be amrut for Gagan...