Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Ram Kapoor in Kasam Se

Ram Kapoor, best remembered for his role in Balaji Telefilms' Ghar Ek Mandir will soon be seen in another Balaji show Kasam Se. The show was earlier supposed to have Mohnish Behl in the lead but with Mohnish being busy with Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Ram is all set to play the lead role. Ram was also seen in movies like Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi, Monsoon Wedding and Missed Call.

According to sources, Kasam Se is about three sisters and their life. All three sisters have a different outlook towards life and its problems and the show is apparently inspired by Louisa May Alcott's novel Little Women. Mohnish Behl will have a small role in the show instead of the lead role.

http://www.televisionpoint.com/tvgrapevine/view.php?id=11343 50457
aries_sakshi thumbnail

No one can take over my show: Ekta Kapoor

by Subhash K Jha

The ever-forthright Ekta Kapoor has no qualms about admitting that she had a minor scuffle with Sony Entertainment, its head honcho Tarun Katial to be precise.

"I was rather annoyed with Tarun. They had left out my soap Kksum from the inivitation card of their party celebrating their successful soaps. Though Tarun said it was an oversight I thought it was a deliberate attempt to push our Kkusum hastily out of sight. Come on! Just because the soap was winding up it didn't mean it shouldn't have got a decent send -off."

The minor fracas is now forgotten. And the workaholic tv tycoon is now working on her new show—a tv gossip magazine called Kandy Floss for Sony.

Giving the details of the format for the first time Ekta says, "We've never really had a gossip-and-information show about tv on tv before. Also Balajee Telefilms hasn't really done much non-fiction…though we did do the Sunita Menon Show on Zoom which was very successful. But yes Kandyfloss is a first for us. And we're excited."

Besides a regular female anchor, Kandyfloss will have an animation creature called Kandy who'll take viewers through the party-gossip-info circuit on television. "It would be my tribute to Madame M, the fictional gossip writer whom I grew up reading in the magazine Cine Blitz."

The anchor, though is not confirmed. Isn't Archana Puransingh talking about anchoring the show? "We're in negotiations. But some nitty-gritty needs to be worked out," says Ekta.

Besides Kandyfloss on Sony, Ekta has two new fiction programmes coming up …Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on Star One and Kasam Se on Zee. "We've already started casting for Nimmo . Though it will have a new face in the central role the supporting cast will comprise some very well- known veterans from stage and movies, never seen in my serials," promises Ekta.

Ekta is also thrilled with the remarkable recovery of ratings for Star's Kavyanjali. "From being written off—almost—to now being our fourth -most popular soap on Star after Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kasauti Zindagi Kay (just ahead of Kahiin To Hoga) we're very proud of Kavyanjali and the support that Star offered. Star's COO Samir Nair assured me he wouldn't close down the show, come what may. That gave me the courage to go on."

As for the revival of Hum Paanch on Zee, Ekta says it's still not certain how successful it would prove to be.

"The first few weekends were overshadowed by other events on rival channels. But I had no choice. The channel told me either I bring Hum Paanch back, or they'd do it themselves. How could I let someone else take over my show? I've revived two of my shows Mano Ya No Mano and Koi Haadsa Koi Haqeeqat successfully. Why not Hum Paanch?"
http://123india.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=9252Edited by aries_sakshi - 18 years ago
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Aryan of Kahaani grabs Kasam Se
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   September 24, 2005

Ali Hassan
As rumours of Ali Hassan quitting Star daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki continue to do the rounds, the actor is gearing up for his new Balaji weekend drama, Kasam Se, to air on Zee from November.

The ensemble cast will have Hassan in a negative character. The actor has been constantly improvising the look of his character for two months during his break from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki.

"My character Aryan in Kahaani had an entire range of shades. He was a nice guy at the outset but gradually changed with the tides. I'm happy that I'm going to have negative shades right from the beginning in Kasam Se," says an excited Hassan. He plays Ranvir Kohli who hails from a family heading a business house and manipulates situations of rivalry among the family members.

Anti hero

Ask him about limiting himself to negative roles the actor says, "It's just been two days of shooting and I'm very satisfied with the way things are shaping up. I think it takes a lot of courage to join the league of bad guys. I don't want to stick to archetype image of a hero."

Inspired from Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and Jacqueline Bisset's Too Much Too soon, the story revolves around the lives of three sisters and their relationships.

The drama takes a turn when their lives change after their parents' death. The sisters are discreetly different from each other. While the eldest believes in love, the second has her eyes fixed on money, while fame lures the youngest.

When quizzed about his comeback in Kahaani, the actor doesn't rule out the possibility. "I've not left the show. It's just that the track doesn't require my presence.

When Ekta feels the need I'll surely get back in the plot," says Hassan. His newly bought 1,000 square feet flat is keeping Hassan busy as he's personally looking into the interiors and plans to shift in by December.

[email protected]

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/september/119485.htm
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Confirmed: Balaji's soap for ZEE TV-Kasamh Se
Oct 22, 2005 10:49 AM

Kasamh Se ready for ZEE launchAfter a break of two years, ZEE TV is welcoming back the popular Balaji Telefilms production house to recreate the magic it once had with soaps like Koi Apna Sa and Kammal.

Come December, Ekta Kapoor?s new soap about three sisters will air on ZEE TV UK.

Called Kasamh Se, the serial will have three newcomers playing the lead roles ? Bani, the eldest sister (played by Prachi Desai); Pia, the middle sister (Roshni Chopra); and youngest sister Rano (Arunima Sharma).

All three actresses were discovered through a massive talent hunt launched in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Bangalore.

Says Sandeep Sikcand, the creative head, Kasamh Se, ?The serial is the journey of sisters from a small town, Nainital to a big city, Mumbai, and how their relationships undergo changes with situations and time. It?s a touching, beautiful, tender love story between the sisters ? the chemistry and bonding between the three of them.

The love and bonding doesn?t change but with the changes in situations, love assumes a different meaning. The three of them have different ideologies in life ? for the eldest, love if the most important factor, for the second it?s money and for the third, her career.?

Prachi, who plays the protagonist, Bani, ?is a totally fresh face. She has been born and brought up in Surat and did her college from Pune.

Apart from acting in school and college plays, she has had no professional training in acting. Prachi has a very cute face ? what?s most striking about her is her strong resemblance to Padmini Kolhapure.?

The new serial will be directed by Anil V Kumar (who has been directing Kahin Toh Hoga since its inception). ?He?s known as The Doctor by Ekta,? laughs Sandeep. ?Whenever there is trouble, Anil is there to sort it out.?

The other characters in the serial are Jai Walia, a rich and powerful business magnate, in whose home the girls come to live in, his sister Jigyasa, (Ashwini Kalsekar who plays Misha in K Street Pali Hill), Jai?s girlfriend Sonali and a big-time film actress (Amita Chandekar from Piya Ka Ghar), Jigyasa?s son, Ranvir (Ali Hassan), and Pushkar (Naman Shaw) who is emotionally involved with Bani and Piya. ?We are still searching for a good name to play the role of Jai Walia,? informs Sandeep.

Report from Mid-Day

Editor: Raj Baddhan Source: Mid-Day

http://195.50.94.249/bizasia/newsarchive/2005/10/confirmed_b alaj.php
Edited by aries_sakshi - 18 years ago
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Kasamh Se, Ekta tells Zee
   By: Upala KBR
   October 22, 2005

Ashwini Kalsekar as Jigyasa
Come November, and Ekta Kapoor's new soap about three sisters will air on Zee TV.

Called Kasamh Se, the serial will have three newcomers playing the lead roles — Bani, the eldest sister (played by Prachi Desai); Pia, the middle sister (Roshni Chopra); and youngest sister Rano (Arunima Sharma).

All three actresses were discovered through a massive talent hunt launched in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Bangalore.

Study in contrasts

Roshni Chopra as Pia
Says Sandeep Sikcand, the creative head, Kasamh Se, "The serial is the journey of sisters from a small town, Nainital to a big city, Mumbai, and how their relationships undergo changes with situations and time. It's a touching, beautiful, tender love story between the sisters — the chemistry and bonding between the three of them.

The love and bonding doesn't change but with the changes in situations, love assumes a different meaning. The three of them have different ideologies in life — for the eldest, love if the most important factor, for the second it's money and for the third, her career."

Prachi Desai as Bani
Prachi ya Padmini?

Prachi, who plays the protagonist, Bani, "is a totally fresh face. She has been born and brought up in Surat and did her college from Pune.

Apart from acting in school and college plays, she has had no professional training in acting. Prachi has a very cute face — what's most striking about her is her strong resemblance to Padmini Kolhapure."

The new serial will be directed by Anil V Kumar (who has been directing Kahin Toh Hoga since its inception). "He's known as The Doctor by Ekta," laughs Sandeep. "Whenever there is trouble, Anil is there to sort it out."

Ali Hassan as Ranvir
Search continues

Arunima Sharma as Rano
The other characters in the serial are Jai Walia, a rich and powerful business magnate, in whose home the girls come to live in, his sister Jigyasa, (Ashwini Kalsekar who plays Misha in K Street Pali Hill), Jai's girlfriend Sonali and a big-time film actress (Amita Chandekar from Piya Ka Ghar), Jigyasa's son, Ranvir (Ali Hassan), and Pushkar (Naman Shaw) who is emotionally involved with Bani and Piya. "We are still searching for a good name to play the role of Jai Walia," informs Sandeep.

[email protected]

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/october/121637.htm
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Mohnish no more part of Kasamh Se
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 24, 2005

Mohnish Behl
Actor Mohnish Behl will not be part of Balaji Telefilms' forthcoming show on Zee, Kasamh Se (originally titled Kaanchi). Mohnish shot for Kasamh Se for a day in Powai, but quit after he was approached to don the garb of Suyash Mehra in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Time factor

Parmeet Sethi
When contacted, Behl said, "Yes, it's true that I am not going to be part of Kasamh Se. After I shot for the show for a few hours, I landed KGGK. The role in KGGK is very meaty; even the Kasamh Se role was quite substantial, and I couldn't do plum roles in two dailies as I would need more than 24 hours a day."

Isn't one of the reasons that Behl doesn't shoot beyond 7 pm? "Yes, I shoot for television from 10 to 7 pm; I don't believe in shooting beyond 7 pm unless there is an emergency or technical error."

Explaining why he shoots late hours for films, the actor says, "In films, we work shifts. I can't go on for 17 hours in a day, or the quality suffers. I want to come to the sets with a spring in my stride — I hate dragging my feet."

Behl was supposed to play the middle sister's husband, Jai Walia in the serial. Sandeep Sikcand, creative head for Kasamh Se, says, "That was the original plan.

Now, the story has undergone changes, plus Mohnish is very busy with KGGK, so we are looking at others who can fit the bill. Jai Walia is a big character. It makes a lot of sense to keep Mohnish in one daily. Plus, Kasamh Se, originally supposed to be just three times a week, has now become five times a week," adds Sikcand.

Will Raj do it?

We hear that Parmeet Sethi (Raj of Jassi) has been approached to play Jai Walia. Sethi confirmed to hitList that he had received the offer. "But I haven't met Balaji on this, yet," the actor said. Before Behl, Balaji had thought of Kumar Gaurav for the role. The deal with Gaurav did not materialise because of money issues.

Kasamh Se — a story of three sisters Bani (Prachi Desai), Pia (Roshni Chopra) and Rano (Arunima Sharma) — is scheduled to air next month.

[email protected]

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/october/121740.htm

aries_sakshi thumbnail

Talent hunt failure bags a Balaji serial!

Luck definitely plays a very important role when it comes to actors. Naman Shaw, who went unnoticed on Zee's India's Best Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj last year, now plays the lead character in Balaji's Kasamh Se. We let him do the talking….

"It's all destiny"

"I was voted out in the first round of the finals in Cinestars, I feel I wasn't lucky then. Yes, there are guys who got into the first five and are still struggling, but I feel its all destiny.

How did you bag the role?

I have been auditioning for nearly four months now. I was first offered a character in K Street Pali Hill, which I was not to keen on. Then I was finalized for the lead in Krimson Skies (the proposed Balaji show on Star One), they were also planning to rope me in karbon Kopy, which will also telecast on Star One, but later, Balaji called me and said that I would be playing Pushkar, the lead in Kasamh Se.

Character sketch

"I play a spoilt brat, to term my character in one word; it would be that of a playboy! I am involved with two of three sisters, who come down from Nainital. It definitely is a love story.

The Balaji experience

"As most of us are new, it was not at all difficult for me. And even when it comes to the experienced actors, not for once did they make me feel that I am a newcomer.

Any other offers?

Oh many! Sarkar was also offered to me, as they were introducing a new character, but I turned it down. I was also offered shows by DJ Productions, but I was keen on working with Balaji. So here I am!"

By RIYA V ANANDWALA
Posted on 4 November 2005 4:30 pm

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k5/nov/4nov/news_naman.php

aries_sakshi thumbnail
A tale of three sisters

<36,2,,,,,,2>"Kasamh Se", an epic tale of three sisters living together in a big city, will be premiered on Zee TV on January 16. Though the sisters are completely different in terms of their personality and outlook towards life, they are tied together by the sacred bond of trust and sisterhood. The same problems and issues are handled differently by each one of them. The main lead in the serial is played by debutante Prachi Desai and Ram Kapoor, who gained recognition from the serial "Dhadkan". Arunima Choudhary and Roshni Chopra -- who become popular presenting cricket matches on Doordarshan -- play Prachi's two siblings. At a press conference in Delhi on Tuesday, Prachi said: "I am playing the role of Bani, who is a traditional Indian girl. The eldest of the lot, she symbolises togetherness and camaraderie." Admitting that a lot of responsibility has been entrusted on her shoulders, Prachi said initially she was nervous but had now got into the skin of the character. Arunima is portraying the character of an insecure, reticent girl, while Roshni is playing a typical Generation X girl, basically a happy-go-lucky person. Asked why he agreed to act in serial that has a women-oriented subject, Ram said: "Television is basically a women-oriented medium and most serials deal with issues confronting women. However, in this serial all the sisters come to stay in my house after their parents pass away. My relationship with each one of them is different." A Balaji Production presentation, the serial will be aired from Monday to Friday at 9 p.m. --Madhur Tankha

Madhur Tankha

http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/11/stories/2006011101170200.htm

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Zee TV replaces 'Astitva' with 'Kasamh Se'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(10 January 2006 2:50 pm)

MUMBAI: Zee TV has kicked off 2006 with a new launch in its prime time line up. The channel will premiere a Balaji production Kasamh Se on 16 January.

Kasamh Se, a daily, replaces one of the top rated soaps in Zee TV's history, Astitva Ek Prem Kahani in the 9 pm slot.

< = =text/> < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/phpadsnew/adjs.php?n=019223406&what=zone:9&exclude=," =text/>

Speaking on the launch, Zee TV creative head Vivek Behl says, "Kasamh Se is not your typical soap factory product. It is being given a special treatment; one that will go well with the loyal Zee TV viewers. We are bringing in the new serial at 9 pm, a slot that so far has enjoyed steadfast viewer ship".

Adds Ekta Kapoor, "I believe in 'creating' audiences and then maintaining them through the finer details of a relationship. The story line of this particular sequence is very powerful. After a long time I am creating a young protagonist who will be on center-stage and will take the audience on a journey that involves just the right proportion of youthfulness, drama, romance, friendship and sibling bonding."

< = =text/> < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/phpadsnew/adjs.php?n=871994259&what=zone:10&exclude=," =text/>

Kasamh Se is an epic tale of three sisters, completely different in their outlook towards life but tied together by a bond of trust and sisterhood. Balaji Productions had returned to the Zee stable with the second season of the popular sitcom Hum Paanch at the fag end of 2005.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/jan/jan98.htm