Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi all,

End of another week so time for another DOTW. We've seen a lot happening this week with some interesting topics arising that are worth having a good 'ol natter over. But for this discussion we will focus on the more recent situation that has surfaced - Rana's first marriage. So below are a few questions for you to think over:

1)     What do you think made Padmini accept Rana's first marriage so easily?

2)     How fair is it for Nagmati (Rana's first wife) to have Rana remarry without her knowledge?

3)     How fair is it for Padmini to be known as the second wife?

4)     What are your thoughts on multiple marriages?

One random question that's also worth having a discussion over:
5)     Should Ranaji have killed Malkhan when he had a chance?

Hope you have fun answering these. Looking forward to your feedback. Happy discussing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

1)     What do you think made Padmini accept Rana's first marriage so easily? His 'Sachaai'.Rana told the truth to Padmini without fearing what Padmini'll say.Awww! he does love her!!

2)     How fair is it for Nagmati (Rana's first wife) to have Rana remarry without her knowledge? I donot feel they both are in a good hubby-wifey relationship,so 'm not very much worried of Nagmati....i see the story from Padmini's point of view...& as for Nagmati,feel sorry for her...nothing more!!

3)     How fair is it for Padmini to be known as the second wife? Erm...Second wife? Well,i can see Rana is fully in love with Padmini & the vice-versa too! This story is something that happened years back,those days' i don't think 1st wife-2nd wife was much deal 😆

4)     What are your thoughts on multiple marriages?I am against it because it ruins many a lot lives.

5)     Should Ranaji have killed Malkhan when he had a chance?No,i respect Ranaji for his Rajput Dharam.👏

Nice thread Jen!! 😳

mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
wow nice questions jenifer ...i will be back soon in answerg them!!!
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Back then multiple marriages were quite common I suppose may b as it had political advantages as allainces were made betwn many kingdoms.
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: angie.4u

Back then multiple marriages were quite common I suppose may b as it had political advantages as allainces were made betwn many kingdoms.

yes angel.....agree with yu!!! 👏
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
 i think his frank n honest  nature...widout fearing wat will b padminis answer...she was quite impressed by him
2)     How fair is it for Nagmati (Rana's first wife) to have Rana remarry without her knowledge?
 idnt think its fair on her part...i kno tis stry is abt rana n padmini bt i think the 1st wife shud also have a word in tis...well rana decided 2 marry padmini n told the truth bt wat abt the truth 2 his 1st wife aftra ll thy must hve lived 4 sme yrs...they do share a hubby n wife relation...i think rana shud also hve informed her!!
i think in thse eras...the practice was common...thy was no such thng as 1st or sec....all of were called n treated as kings wife so i think tat didnt bother the ladies or princes especially!

im agaginst it n i dnt like it...i feel a gal gets married wid the only intention 2 be loved forever  by 1 special person tatshe whollfully deserves 2 call him her hubby...or proud 2 be his so called wife...so im totallly aggainst the idea...i dnt think any woman wud want 2 share her hubby wid any1!!
1st of all i admire the rajput dharam tat not 2 harm the unarmed.. n rana did a rite thng  in tat situation bt by going thru his nature his principles mean a lot 2 him vich  had or will cos him  a lot of troubles in future...committg the same mistake again n aggain is not sensible!!tats my opinion

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
What do you think made Padmini accept Rana's first marriage so easily?

I think Padmini doesn't care if he is married, she just wants him because they love each other reciprocally.

How fair is it for Nagmati (Rana's first wife) to have Rana remarry without her knowledge?

No, definitely not and that means trouble when she finds out. It may also mean some negativity between Nagmati and Padmini for a while.

How fair is it for Padmini to be known as the second wife?

Not that fair, but still, the fact remains that she is his second wife as she married him after Nagmati, its not a nice term to use but is the truth. We could just call her Ratan Singh's wife too.

What are your thoughts on multiple marriages?

I don't think it should be allowed, monogamy is good as it keep people committed and promotes healthy relationships. Getting married loads of times wouldn't be fair on the first wife or first husband. I guess if the first partner is ok with multiple marriages, then its ok. So even though it is a debatable topic, I think you should apply it to situations, to make more sense, but overall, I say no and to avoid it.

Should Ranaji have killed Malkhan when he had a chance?

No not at all, I watched an episode of Bandini when they found the son to have killed a cow and it was decided he won't be killed for it, but he will spend a few months taking the cow's place to fill the emptiness left by the cow. So Malkhan Singh kidnapped Padmini and he shouldn't be killed for it at all, but punished so that he learns a lesson. No point whacking him in jail as that doesn't really help.
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago
Nisha_07 thumbnail
Nice questions Jen, making my head hurt with the thinking...😕

I think Padmini is smitten by Ranaji. For her, he is the man who stands up to her, who is her equal if not her superior. She has not met someone like that yet....
I don't think she fully understands what that means for her.

Not fair at all. How would she feel when her hubby rocks up home, not with a present for her but with a new wife in tow. That's got to take her by shock and cause nothing but problems for everyone concerned. No matter how her personality may be, or how cocmmon the practice may have been in that day and age, it's not right for her to endure that shock of not knowing...

Not fair again. It may have been common practice, but which woman would like to share her man with someone? And plus on top of that, someone who has the first claim to him?

Nope nope nope. Not fair on anyone. Monogamy is the way - or stay single if you can't commit.

Hmm. If it were me, I would have handled the situtation there and then - not necessarily by killing him but definitely ensuring that he would not be a problem in the future...I think by doing nothing Ranaji causes a new problem for himself...

I do agree that in that day and age, marriages maybe were less to do with love and more about alliances so in that respect, I do understand...I just wonder what happens when love clashes with duty....I guess we'll see soon enough!