Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Devia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
@ Gur.N.Cool:

thanks, i heard of it, but I was not sure what it was ( didnt see the first epi's )
In Holland ( where I live ) the Gauna period is reduced to one week after the wedding, max. It is alsno not called Gauna here anymore... 

Ok just one question:  
If she is married, can her parents sell her then? I mean she is married.. that means something right??
( maybe a stupid question... but I really not understand..) Edited by Devia - 15 years ago
Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Devia

@ Gur.N.Cool:

thanks, i heard of it, but I was not sure what it was ( didnt see the first epi's )
In Holland ( where I live ) the Gauna period is reduced to one week after the wedding, max. It is alsno not called Gauna here anymore... 

Ok just one question:  
If she is married, can her parents sell her then? I mean she is married.. that means something right??
( maybe a stupid question... but I really not understand..)

Yes usually in India your Gauna(or bidaii) is done on the same day off the marriage. It's just that Laali was married when she was small, like child marriage. and her parents were just waiting for her to grow up before they send her. This tradition was followed in olden times but not anymore, maybe in some areas.

Yes she is married, but Laali's father in-law demanded that they give 10,000 ruppees if they want to send Laali to their house. Which Laali's parents don't have. And hence they are being forced to sell her.
radheradhe thumbnail
laali is a courageous girl, and she will fight back against the ppl who try to enslave her. I dont think she is the typical rona dhona serial heroine who just accepts fate. She will fight and live with self respect even if it takes her a long time to acheive.
I will be glad if this happens, I am so tired of weak spineless heroines in all the other serials!