Sonam Kapoor:I feel bad that I couldn’t graduate..

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

I feel bad that I couldn't graduate from college: Sonam Kapoor

February 17th, 2009

Sonam Kapoor has become an actor today but she was quite inclined towards academics in her growing up years. In fact one wish that she still has is to become a college graduate. Reason? After Class XII, she discontinued her studies and started concentrating in films.

"I really wanted to study more, especially language", says Sonam who will soon be seen in 'Delhi 6' this weekend, "I have completed by Class XII and though English and Hindi were my favorite subjects, it's a pity that I couldn't pursue them further. I still feel bad that I haven't done my graduation."

Talking about her love for reading, she also shares an interesting fact about herself. She is not just fascinated with the English language but also loves studying subjects like History and Geography.

"That's true", confirms Sonam, "While I had a soft corner for languages, it wasn't possible for me to stay away from History and Geography for long. I always enjoyed my stint with studies during school and for me reading was a lot of fun. What also helped me engage in studies was the fact that I didn't have to do the same things time and over again. I was constantly learning."

For the moment, it's her brother Harshvardhan Kapoor who is keeping her abreast about the finer techniques of cinema.

"He is currently studying screen writing and I keep calling him and understanding from him the new things that he is learning. Yes, I get to know some good things of screen writing from him but I would always carry the regret of not being able to study things myself. May be some other day, some other time", concludes Sonam. -Joginder Tuteja / Sampurn Media

Realbollywood.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she still can do it now, she hasn't signed any movie yet.
melancholic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
LOL girl . u dnt need degrees to b known as educated.. u r an avid book reader and u r intellingent , thats enuf for being a good person..

sachin tendulkar the gr88est cricketer of world is just  10th std pass!
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm a huge History buff on India's history. right now I'm reading The defence Makeover by Pravin Sawhney
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

omg she hasn't complete her graduation???

she can do it now

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yes, she should but i know so many actors who say they wished to study more but never go back to studies.. as you never get the time..

however, she doesn't need a degree to be a good actor.. and i think she is going to be focusing on her acting career at this time..
Ophelia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Priyanka Chopra is not a college graduate, neither is Katrina Kaif or even Kajol. Kareena Kapoor went to Harvard for computer related studies but she left a few weeks later....lol

At least Sonam regrets it. 😕

The most educated actresses are Shabana Azmi with a degree in Psych., Amrita Rao also with a degree in Psychology  and Preity Zinta with degrees in english and a postgrad in criminal psych.

Edited by Megha25 - 15 years ago
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
she can stilldo it now if she wants
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Megha25

Priyanka Chopra is not a college graduate, neither is Katrina Kaif or even Kajol. Kareena Kapoor went to Harvard for computer related studies but she left a few weeks later....lol

At least Sonam regrets it. 😕

The most educated actresses are Shabana Azmi with a degree in Psych., Amrita Rao also with a degree in Psychology  and Preity Zinta with degrees in english and a postgrad in criminal psych.

don't they all..?  😉

yes, i knew about Shabana Azmi and Preity.. thanks for posting about Amrita as well.. i think that is really admrable that they finished their education besides anything else..

also, Amitabh Bachan has a science degree, i believe.. Shahrukh has finished his college.. and i think Saif has also finished his college degree.. and i don't know but someone is also an engineer.. lol.. 😳
Edited by pksanam - 15 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Its important to have a basic graduation degree even if you are in the acting career. 

These star kids are an exception. They are fortunate they have rich parents who have lots of  money to fall back on even if their careers don't work.

As far as Sachin Tendulkar is concerned ...its a fact many young boys  give up their studies to pursue cricket. How many are really successful?
The truth is  what may work for a person in their favor may not work for the other. That's where destiny/ luck and other factors work....

Its a fact that  millions of kids / students in India and all over the world  depend  only education to make their lives.

I don't think reading books is an supplement to a graduation degree. Formal education is a necessity not a want or a luxury.

Edited by Dimdim - 15 years ago