Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Film stars passe, TV girls in 'Vogue'

Film stars passe, TV girls in 'Vogue'

The television stars are getting the makeover for the magazine's August cover
By CNN-IBN . Jul 29, 2008
Comments [0]   E-mail
RELATED NEWS
    All day marathon: Ugly Betty 10 Ka Dum with Salman Khan The Great Indian laughter Challenge SRK's Main Hoon Na
  • TV show on Indira Gandhi

Their style on screen has been roundly criticised as being a fashion disaster, but now some of those television 'bahus' are getting ready for a makeover. No saris, no white hair and no bindis. The makeover is for Vogue's August cover, with seven soap queens, who are for once, letting their hair down. "When I walked in, it was a dream come true. You get to see the best clothes, the best make up, the best shoes and the best clothes from the best designers," says actor Tina Parekh.

"The belt that I am wearing is an Alxendar McQueen belt," says actor Shweta Salve."We do believe that Bollywood has become a medium, that influences the style of the young generation. We are pretty sure that in the next few years, television is going to be the next big influence in style. And we wanted to say it before anyone else did it," says editor, Vogue India, Priya Tanna.

Would these actresses ditch the television set for the ramp? "I wouldn't mind. I always wanted to be a model but I am too short," says Sanjeeda Shaikh.

However, actor Shilpa Saklani says, "I would any day prefer daily soaps to getting clicked. Posing and standing to get clicked is not my cup of tea."

After their tryst with high fashion, they have a word for all those saas-bahu serial producers. Actor Gautami Kapoor says, "Go without make up. Less make-up is good and no make-up is even better."

However, for those, who still need an excuse to pick up the magazine, actor Sanjeeda Shaikh says, "You have the hottest television actresses in vogue and on Vogue. Check it out."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Krupa- thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I figure Tina's the one in the back..