Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tsamhita thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
wow! really quick updates πŸ˜› loved the slow build up you are showing here...aww! adi was hurt by the fact that Maithili hated him so much 😳 hope to read about their encounter on the next chapter πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks! @sadizzle, Amina, bzpunjabi, k-ekta-fan, kitypity and samhita! The fact that y'all like the FF makes me want to keep writing it, and keep posting it fast. 😳

To quickly answer some of your Qs:

- yep, Adi and Maithili will come face-to-face in the next chapter.. If you noticed, in the first page the title of the 5th chapter is "a rude encounter" *ahem* hint hint! I just wrote it, but will leave you guys hanging till later today when I post it. πŸ˜›

- Tanu and Maithili conflict will be continued for a little bit longer!
--arti-- thumbnail
Okay, I am posting Chapter 5 now! Just changed a few things in it.

Amina, I know this is also a short chapter, sorry!! But I promise to update really soon with Chapter 6 because I'm writing it right now! 😳 😊
--arti-- thumbnail
CHAPTER 5
A rude encounter

Tanu had already walked away from the car but the name she had just yelled out echoed in Adi's ears. Maithili Aggarwal. Maithili Aggarwal?

Adi was dumfounded as several thoughts bombarded one another in his head. Maithili worked at SAG! Of course! It made sense. That's why he had seen her there that day. She must've just left her interview since Mamma mentioned that she was doing interviews that morning. In the midst of all these realizations and with the stress of the upcoming meeting, Adi nearly forgot about Tanu's outrageously bratty request to him to have Maithili reprimanded by Mamma.

Once at the office, Adi composed himself for his high-profile meeting. His secretary handed him the necessary files for the meeting.
"Thanks, Shivangi. Wish me luck!"
"But sir, I have some important updates first.."
"No time, Shivangi. I'm running a bit late this morning, tell me whatever it is after the meeting."
With this, Adi rushed into the meeting room, where he was met by a couple of disgruntled executives. They complained that they were being advised against doing business with Prism because of one of the human rights violation cases that was filed against it this week. Adi tried to manage things as best as possible, telling them he had just found out about this. The executives would not hear any of it, insisting that how could he not know about this when they had already been informed. "Damn it, this is what Shivangi must have tried to tell me," Adi thought to himself. Before Adi could try to convince the executives, they walked out of the meeting, leaving Adi stunned. How could Prism of all companies be accused of a human rights violation? Their company had the top record in Mumbai for taking care of their workers' rights and for not violating any human rights or environmental laws. After all, his mother Shruti Mehra had been the previous M.D. as well as his guide and teacher.

Adi rushed to Shivangi's desk to find out what this was all about. She showed him the lawsuit notice that had arrived a day ago. Adi stared at the notice in shock, his eyes fixed on the company that filed the lawsuit – SAG, his mother's advocacy group.

Shruti Mehra was on the phone when Adi arrived, looking intensely angry in a way that she hadn't seen him in a long time. She quickly finished her call and asked him to sit down. Just like Adi, Shruti was shocked to see the notice he had brought with her. She called her secretary from the office phone, asking if they had really filed a lawsuit against Prism. She got the answer over the phone that Maithili Aggarwal had filed that lawsuit on behalf of SAG against Prism. Shruti felt silent for a moment before saying, "ask her to come to my office."

"Is it a mistake, Mamma? Did you ask how this happened, and who is responsible?" Adi asked nervously.
"Calm down, Adi. Apparently the case has been filed by one of our lawyers, and I've asked her to come in so we could discuss the matter," Shruti replied.

Maithili entered after a brief knock. "You asked to see me, Ma'am?" she asked with a smile, entering the room.

Adi's eyes narrowed when he heard that voice. He turned around and came face to face with her, shocked to see her. In his panic about his company, he had forgotten that Tanu told him that Maithili now worked at SAG.

A thousand little angers spilled out of him. Maithili Aggarwal had filed the case against his company and had, in a matter of a week, made him lose what he had spent months worked towards. How dare she? She had also insulted his sister. And she had given him such a hard time during college, especially when she picked up and left without even saying goodbye. Typical of her to be arrogant and inconsiderate, he thought, adding to himself that it looked like she hadn't changed much.

A rage as hot as fire grew inside him as he faced her, about to speak, whereas she looked at him with a confused expression on her face, somewhat pleasantly surprised to see him there. Laying eyes upon him after 5 years, and somewhat greedily absorbing the handsome sight in front of her, Maithili wondered why he looked so upset.

Adi began to spit fire at Maithili, accusing her of not knowing what she was doing as she was too eager to prove her mettle as a big shot lawyer. Had she bothered to investigate the case properly? Had she tried to resolve it with the employer? No, she went directly to file a lawsuit. It was irresponsible, unacceptable, Adi went on screaming. Maithili could barely contain her shock at what was happening. She confusedly looked towards Shruti for help. Shruti explained that Prism was their family company, and that she had helped Adi develop it into an ideal company, so Maithili must've gotten the wrong impression.

Slowly, things began to make sense to Maithili. She was processing everything she was hearing quietly, while Adi screamed at her and also managed to throw in the accusation that she harassed his sister Tanu at her college. Shruti Mehra was their mother, Maithili realized. She was the mother of this snob that made her life miserable in college, and here he was, yelling at her with as little manners as his sister.

In the middle of Adi's rant, Maithili walked up to him and threw her palm up in front of his face. "Stop that," she ordered. Adi looked at her incredulously, surprised that she had the audacity to talk back even after all her mistakes. Surely, she hadn't changed from her college days, he thought.

Maithili took a deep breath and tried to gather herself. Her face started to get hot from all the anger that welled up inside her. She did her best to compose herself.
"Mr. Mehra, is it too much to ask that you speak with some civility?" she asked crisply. "Don't forget that we are in a professional environment, and I expect to be treated with as much courtesy as I'm currently showing you."
Adi sighed, looking at his mother and back at Maithili. "Badi Meherbaani, thank you so much for the courtesy, Ms. Aggarwal," he said sarcastically and added, "now do you care to explain why the hell you've filed this case?"
"Firstly, you could have asked me that in the first place more politely. You speak just like your sister. Maybe you are both the same age mentally, but I digress. I've filed this case because it's my duty to serve clients who come to me with labour rights complaints. If your company is really in the clear, then the court can decide that." She turned towards Shruti. "And Mrs. Mehra, don't worry, SAG will withdraw the case against Prism." Hearing this, Shruti breathed a sigh of relief.

Maithili continued, "Yes, SAG will withdraw the case, but I will fight it as an independent lawyer. I'll have my resignation letter sent to you in 15 minutes." Maithili then stormed out, leaving Adi and Shruti standing in utter disbelief.

Shruti told Adi to get back to work.
"I'll handle this, Adi. If Maithili fights this case, you bet I will find a damn good lawyer to oppose her. But none of that changes the fact that you can't just storm into my office and start yelling at the people who work here."
After sending off Adi, Shruti sat feeling appalled at Maithili's behaviour.

Maithili fought to hold her tears back. She typed up her resignation letter using the strongest words possible to say that it conflicted with her beliefs and convictions as an honest lawyer to work for SAG. She would leave the letter with the secretary, because she sure as hell didn't want to face Shruti Mehra or her son after everything that had just happened.

She dropped off the letter to a secretary who looked bewildered, and raced down the hallway carrying her bag and a folder full of files related to the case and ran to catch the elevator which was leaving. Tears of anger and contempt had already begun flowing from Maithili's face. She felt humiliated, and she wanted to get out of that office more than anything else.

She ran into the elevator carrying the files and her bag and managed to make it inside before the doors closed. As she stepped in, in a split second she lost her balance and started to fall sideways and then backwards, also pushing the only other person standing in the elevator onto the floor. Upon the elevator floor lay scattered all of Maithili's files.

Upon the files lay Maithili.
And on top of her lay Aditya Mehra.

Edited by --arti-- - 15 years ago
tsamhita thumbnail
ohhhhhh things are getting fiery! πŸ˜† πŸ˜› i never expected that from maithili! lool hope shruti and maithili's relation doesn't spoil 😳 and hope adi's adn maithili's relation only grows stronger πŸ˜ƒ
hmmm wonder what the case was about that maithili filed against Prism industries...
*Natasha* thumbnail
Great Part! 😊
When Maithlli said "Mr. Mehra, is it too much to ask that you speak with some civility?"πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Dont just leave a cliff hanger like that, please update soon.

Natasha 😊
im_charmed thumbnail
Aaww, theyr both sooo cute 😳 😳 and their chemistry is sizzling. hope things get solved soon n please dont spoil the relation between mets and shruti. please update soon πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
--arti-- thumbnail
@Samhita and im_charmed
Don't worry, Shruti and Maithili will reconcile in the next chapter!

@Natasha
Thanks! Will update soon..Edited by --arti-- - 15 years ago
angelic shaz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
omgggg i must say u dat fastest updater so farr!!!
wat can i say its totally awesum!!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
i loved how u brought the flashback previously of the school scene and now this πŸ˜ƒ
well hope things get sorted
cnt wait
continue soon 😳
-aweshome_moi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Arti,your Fic's getting even more interesting,as the next chapter passes-by;now,I can't wait for the next one!!!πŸ˜‰
Shruti seems nice😳,but why the Hell is she supporting Adi,here???😑...Arghhhhh,I hate such ladies!😑...
Ok,eeeeeee!I won't barbaadofyyy your concept😳🀣;cz it's rocking!!!πŸ˜‰
Please,continue soon!πŸ˜ƒ