14:40 IST, 09:10 GMT: "Santner marking his run up," informs Purnima Malhotra, our correspondent, from the stadium. In all likelihood, he'll be replacing Ghazanfar. "It's not as hot as you'd expect Delhi to be in April. There's bit of a cloud cover and sun is playing hide and seek. There's some rain forecast in the evening - it did arrive on time yesterday so there's every chance there could be a brief interruption today," she adds.
"It's match number 8 and it's also venue number 8 to be used in this edition of the IPL. We are at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi and it's a very, very high-scoring ground normally. So I'll start with the dimensions first because it's a high-scoring ground. To my left is 60 metres, to my right is 67 metres (square boundaries), and hit down the ground it's around 73. So, not very small, but they are very tiny because the pitch is very good normally," says Murali Kartik. Here's Kevin Pietersen on the 22-yard deck - "Having been part of this franchise over the last 12 months or so, and looking a lot at these wickets, I do see a wicket that's not going to be fairly similar to some of the wickets that have been prepared here where you see green grass. I see a lot of dry grass. I see it being a little bit plated in places. And that tends me to think that for some sort of home ground advantage, when you've got Axar, you've got Kuldeep, and you've also got Ngidi, who's bowling so beautifully with those slower balls. Maybe what's happening here is Delhi are looking at this and they're thinking, let's give our bowlers a chance here. Bumrah, his economy rate is around 6, 6.5 up to 7. At this ground, it's 9.5. The last time these two teams met, 250+, played 240+, it was high scoring. So I think that today we're going to have a beautiful game of cricket. I think it's going to be playing absolutely fine. With the toss and chase."
33