Book Besties Challenge August 2025: Heavenly Darkness- Page 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

128

Views

9.6k

Users

3

Likes

66

Frequent Posters

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#61

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

I haven’t read past chapter 4 yet 🤣 Let’s get to chapter 7 - if by then we haven’t gotten into it, we’ll choose a quick 200-300 page book to finish by the end of the month if that works for you.

I read Cora Reilly’s Camorra Chronicles - book 2 & 4. I read them a couple of years ago and remember enjoying it so wanted something good to read after does it hurt 🤣

Ruthless People by JJ McAvoy is a really good one and can be read as standalone. It’s on my list to reread as I want to read about a badass heroine again after the mindf*ck series by St Abby.

Have you read any of Amy Harmon’s books? She writes slow romance ones but they’re more on cleaner side but so full of emotions. Making Faces is one of my favourite, it’s like a mix of ugly duckling then beauty and the beast sort of trope. That’s only a minor bit but the story is so freaking good. It’s been years since I read it and suddenly my eyes fell to it on my bookshelf and want to read that again 🤣

Have you read Tillie Cole’s sick fux book? That is like serial killer/ Harley Quinn and Joker. It’s dark, gritty and gruesome.

Im on chapter 6, I dont mind giving this book a chance, though why the MCs are meeting up after a year of just meeting once is beyond me. It doesnt make sense to me. Do you have any other books in mind? Otherwise I don't mind continuing this one.

What is Cora Reilly's best book? I downloaded Touch of Fate I think. I also have another series by her which I have been recommended a lot, I think its Bound by Duty or something like that.

Yeah I have been recommended Ruthless People as well. Is that just romance or is it a thriller?

I havent even heard of Amy Harmon. I dont mind as long as it has a good plot and is written a writing style thats easy to understand without much concentration.smiley36

Nope, you suggested me Sick Fux the other day and I added it to my TBR.

Another book which I want to read is Tamara Taken by Ginger Talbot.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#62

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

Im on chapter 6, I dont mind giving this book a chance, though why the MCs are meeting up after a year of just meeting once is beyond me. It doesnt make sense to me. Do you have any other books in mind? Otherwise I don't mind continuing this one.

What is Cora Reilly's best book? I downloaded Touch of Fate I think. I also have another series by her which I have been recommended a lot, I think its Bound by Duty or something like that.

Yeah I have been recommended Ruthless People as well. Is that just romance or is it a thriller?

I havent even heard of Amy Harmon. I dont mind as long as it has a good plot and is written a writing style thats easy to understand without much concentration.smiley36

Nope, you suggested me Sick Fux the other day and I added it to my TBR.

Another book which I want to read is Tamara Taken by Ginger Talbot.

I haven’t gotten beyond the 4th chapter yet and will try to continue later tonight. Yeah, I didn’t understand them meeting after a year. We’re going to probably find out afterwards.

Ruthless People by JJ McAvoy is mafia romance, it has quite a few different tropes within the whole series but the first book is more enemies to lovers.

Amy Harmons writing is superb, it’s a fantastic plot and her writing is simple. I’d recommend making faces for the next one if this one doesn’t work out 😂


Haven’t read Tamara taken, just checked blurb out and sounds intriguing. Reminds me a book I read years ago that I can’t remember the name. The woman is the captive and she plays along, being a plaything and doing everything what he wanted etc and she’s always dreaming of escaping. Last chapter, while they sleep together one last time, their last conversation seems like he knows what’s about to happen and smiles when she digs the knife to his throat killing him. And it ends with her opening the door and seeing the sunlight. Can’t remember what it was called tho 🤣 That book stuck with me for days.

Cora Reilly’s A touch of fate is a spin off of another character so there’s spoilers of other couples in there. I’ve personally enjoyed most of them, so much so I bought all the books I enjoyed in paperback as well 🤣 and got them signed by CR at a book signing.


My most favourite is twisted emotions and twisted bonds from the Camorra Chronicles. It’s about the one couple - Nino and Kiara. Others have been great, but the two above are my absolute favourites. They’re all mafia romance but not dark as such, there’s action/violence but it is simple throughout.

This is the reading recommendation by CR:https://corareilly.com/reading-order/

Or you can follow this one to make it easier.

IMG_5746.jpeg



heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#63

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

I haven’t gotten beyond the 4th chapter yet and will try to continue later tonight. Yeah, I didn’t understand them meeting after a year. We’re going to probably find out afterwards.

Ruthless People by JJ McAvoy is mafia romance, it has quite a few different tropes within the whole series but the first book is more enemies to lovers.

Amy Harmons writing is superb, it’s a fantastic plot and her writing is simple. I’d recommend making faces for the next one if this one doesn’t work out 😂


Haven’t read Tamara taken, just checked blurb out and sounds intriguing. Reminds me a book I read years ago that I can’t remember the name. The woman is the captive and she plays along, being a plaything and doing everything what he wanted etc and she’s always dreaming of escaping. Last chapter, while they sleep together one last time, their last conversation seems like he knows what’s about to happen and smiles when she digs the knife to his throat killing him. And it ends with her opening the door and seeing the sunlight. Can’t remember what it was called tho 🤣 That book stuck with me for days.

Cora Reilly’s A touch of fate is a spin off of another character so there’s spoilers of other couples in there. I’ve personally enjoyed most of them, so much so I bought all the books I enjoyed in paperback as well 🤣 and got them signed by CR at a book signing.


My most favourite is twisted emotions and twisted bonds from the Camorra Chronicles. It’s about the one couple - Nino and Kiara. Others have been great, but the two above are my absolute favourites. They’re all mafia romance but not dark as such, there’s action/violence but it is simple throughout.

This is the reading recommendation by CR:https://corareilly.com/reading-order/

Or you can follow this one to make it easier.

IMG_5746.jpeg



Chalo, lets give this one a chance for a few more chapters then maybe.smiley36 Apparently that Rowan is now her neighbour if I understood correctly, so it may get interesting from here!

Oh this book sounds so interesting...please try to remember the name...I really wanna read it now. Let me ask ChatGPT, it might know!smiley36

So Cora Reilly also has a reading order for reading her books just like Rina Kent. Are her books fantasy though?

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#64

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

Chalo, lets give this one a chance for a few more chapters then maybe.smiley36 Apparently that Rowan is now her neighbour if I understood correctly, so it may get interesting from here!

Oh this book sounds so interesting...please try to remember the name...I really wanna read it now. Let me ask ChatGPT, it might know!smiley36

So Cora Reilly also has a reading order for reading her books just like Rina Kent. Are her books fantasy though?

I went through my Goodreads but still couldn’t find it 🤣 I’ll go through my kindle but there’s like 14000 books stored 😂

Cora Reilly is all mafia romance, no fantasy.

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#65

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

I went through my Goodreads but still couldn’t find it 🤣 I’ll go through my kindle but there’s like 14000 books stored 😂

Cora Reilly is all mafia romance, no fantasy.

Cool, I dont like fantasy

But I really want to know the name of that book. ChatGPT is useless.smiley19 Do you remember anything else about the book?

Hey are you okay with continuing Blackbird or should we start something else?

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#66

Is it Twist Me by Anna Zaires? I didnt enjoy the trilogy that much. I liked the spinoffs better. My favourite one was Yulia's story. I think it was Capture Me.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#67

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

Cool, I dont like fantasy

But I really want to know the name of that book. ChatGPT is useless.smiley19 Do you remember anything else about the book?

Hey are you okay with continuing Blackbird or should we start something else?

I’m on chapter 8 now of butcher and blackbird - just continue with it. It’s getting interesting a little, though still slow 😂 I found the bedroom scene funny where she’s getting herself off and he barged in following the other guy 🤣🤣

It’s been probably about 6-7 years since I read this one. It was just those two characters in an apartment. Can’t remember anything else.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#68

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

Is it Twist Me by Anna Zaires? I didnt enjoy the trilogy that much. I liked the spinoffs better. My favourite one was Yulia's story. I think it was Capture Me.

No, definitely not hers. It wasn’t a well known author I don’t think, at least not back then. I couldn’t get into any of Anna Zaires books and I tried. I even tried the audiobooks hoping I’d be able to just listen to it but even then, I couldn’t come to enjoy it so dnfed after like 2 chapters 🤣

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#69

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

I’m on chapter 8 now of butcher and blackbird - just continue with it. It’s getting interesting a little, though still slow 😂 I found the bedroom scene funny where she’s getting herself off and he barged in following the other guy 🤣🤣

It’s been probably about 6-7 years since I read this one. It was just those two characters in an apartment. Can’t remember anything else.

Okay lets continue it then.

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
#70

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

No, definitely not hers. It wasn’t a well known author I don’t think, at least not back then. I couldn’t get into any of Anna Zaires books and I tried. I even tried the audiobooks hoping I’d be able to just listen to it but even then, I couldn’t come to enjoy it so dnfed after like 2 chapters 🤣

Lol nothing really happened in Twist Me except the same repeated bedroom scenes over and over again. The plot only develops like in the last few chapters.smiley36 Capture Me series at least had better character development and slow burn.

Related Topics

Book Talk thumbnail

Posted by: Savera84 · 1 months ago

Hello Book Readers! Welcome to the monthly Book Reading challenge Joseph Addison compares reading to physical exercise, and Cicero famously...

Expand ▼
Book Talk thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 7 months ago

Since many of us also read, I thought it’d be fun to share a few book recommendations that genuinely stuck with me. 1. Museum of Innocence –...

Expand ▼
Book Talk thumbnail

Posted by: SoupyTwist · 2 years ago

Heylo everyone! Welcome to the Book Recommendations thread ! Feel free to recommend any book that you've read. It could be something you...

Expand ▼
Book Talk thumbnail

Posted by: Viswasruti · 2 months ago

📖 Every Great Story Welcomes a New Chapter... 📚 Dear Book Talk Family, Every book begins with a single page, every unforgettable journey with...

Expand ▼
Book Talk thumbnail

Posted by: Butterscotch11 · 8 months ago

What are songs that you listen to and you are like - Oh! this is so 'dash and dash' coded? Ps- It can be any book couple ranging from reading...

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".