Originally posted by: blue-ice.1
What does Chhava mean?? Marathi word hai.....I am guessing.
A lion/tiger cub. I believe Shivaji maharaj was considered to be a lion/tiger and his son Sambhaji is automatically called as chaava affectionately.
Reviews & Ratings
Bigg Boss 20: Daily Discussion Thread- 3rd Oct 2026 WKV
Bigg Boss 20: Daily Discussion Thread- 4th Oct 2026 WKV
🏏India vs West Indies, 3rd ODI, West Indies tour of India, 2026🏏
Bhabhiji missing
Jai & Surya's Friend of RR -broken Gayle Record of 188* in SAfrica
Originally posted by: blue-ice.1
What does Chhava mean?? Marathi word hai.....I am guessing.
A lion/tiger cub. I believe Shivaji maharaj was considered to be a lion/tiger and his son Sambhaji is automatically called as chaava affectionately.
A lion/tiger cub. I believe Shivaji maharaj was considered to be a lion/tiger and his son Sambhaji is automatically called as chaava affectionately.
So the movie is about Sambha ji..not Shiva ji?
Apparently!
Watched the movie. It's a typical war movie with lots and lots of action sequences. There's not much of a story. It's only about Sambhaji was a brave warrior.
Vicky Kaushal, Akshaye Khanna, Diana Penty and rest of the supporting cast were brilliant. Rashmika's dialogue delivery and accent were really bad. They should have cast someone else for this role.
Cons: There's a scene where Sambhaji's wife tells him she wants to be his mother in their next birth and I was like wtf. 
Also, the guerilla warfare scenes post interval were repetitive and boring.
I must say this is probably the first historical movie which was accurate mostly. Not much fiction was used to glorify Sambhaji nor did it show the villain was a good person too like other previous historical movies. All of us know how Aurangzeb was so I am glad they didn't take that route.
This movie is just a one time watch. Action films lovers will love it.
Watched it..I will say two words make this movie worth watching - Akshaye Khanna.
He gave a bone chilling performance as Aurangzeb. The pitch was so perfect..I was legit scared everytime they showed him.
Vicky was very good..action sequences looked a bit seen before tbh. But overall I liked the movie. One time watch for sure and my favourite sequence was poetry between Chhaava and his poet before the inevitable happens
it was just extremely painful and heartbreaking..because anyone who knows history knows what was to follow. 
Honest attempt and sincere efforts. 3/5
Originally posted by: blue-ice.1
What does Chhava mean?? Marathi word hai.....I am guessing.
lions cub. these days colloquially use it for one who's cool/smart/goodlooking
Originally posted by: blue-ice.1
What does Chhava mean?? Marathi word hai.....I am guessing.
It sounded like chalawa
not that bad but its good for one time watch. i watched primarily for akshaye khanna's role as he did decent as aurangzeb.
rashmika did poorly in the film. vicky did decent in some parts but overacted in thriller sequences. some of the war sequences kinda got boring with passing time. chaava & his poet did decent poetry in the end before the climax.
3/5
Shaque reviews- Parineeti Chopra and Jennifer Winget https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddn8plpttpG/?stkn=MXBkbjR4MWtpdHV3OA==
https://www.timesnownews.com/entertainment-news/reviews/daayra-movie-review-kareena-kapoor-khan-meghna-gulzar-prithviraj-sukumaran-battle-over-ju
https://youtu.be/meknZizkusk?si=Hnqm9GOCI6ZegJ2v
https://www.instagram.com/p/DdHG-Y4s8eI/?stkn=MXdtOHdiajMyanNzcw==
https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=9912
5