Originally posted by: XHGKRTVANURGA7Z7
It’s not for everyone for sure. These lines in Gentleman happened towards the second half so by that time most watching were already invested in the characters. SMD it’s happening from the get go along with the alcohol angle some people are not liking. The first half went fine and personally I enjoyed the supporting characters and cast much more than I’m doing with SMD. The cast was just better, frankly. And no matter the crappy story telling you still enjoyed performances. Zahid, Humayun, Adnan, Yumna, Sohai, Ahmed, you can’t fault their performance despite the writing. There was also more humor in the other show which helped. Surprisingly it got a happy ending too. Sort of.
GM’s issues are just different than SMD - the social political commentary and philosophy was annoying. The parts which were not that were loads better so I’m hopeful SMD will do well considering it’s purely a romance drama. There will be no other preachy agenda