Originally posted by: rysohini
Beautiful takes on the epi Maya, Anum and Vira.
I saw two beautiful but broken souls torn between their intent to do what is technically right vs what their heart feels is right!
1.J had said this before that she doesnโt want Ani to be humiliated at the hands of his evil family ( when she came to his room to ask for bank documents).
2.And her self respect had taken a back seat a long time back. For her, she wants to stay in BH, doing her wife duties for Ani and seeing him happy n healthy in front of his eyes.
1 and 2 are mutually exclusive though 
I felt and I could be wrong here, that Ani just might be prepared to let her go, for her own good! Like he did when she left for Kashmir! All these beizzati s and she telling him, that she is sahoโing it for him, could be too much of a guilt his heart could bear after a point. He could realise he is not the right fit for J dur to his association with BH.
There is a certain oblivion that Ani goes through, that I donโt understand, โmujhe isme galat kuchh nehi lagaโ , in a lot of situations, that might look not so sahi to the naked eye! This time around, his had been a genuine solution, towards trying to seek a safe asylum for J and not thinking beyond , on how the society would perceive it.
Lastly, on him wanting to take his own life, while it would be very un-Ani like, he has been cornered from all ends by everyone, for the last how many days now, with no possible way to escape! What doesnโt help is his innate goodness that prevents him from being the badass he needs to be!
How many times have we faced situations in life jaha we knew hume yeh karna chahiye, but hum nehi kar paye due to some reason or the other?
โChickened Outโ is a word isnโt it? And it could result from fear, uncertainty, happiness of others, promises, that canโt be broken, a line that cannot be crossed and so on
Since this PH has a weird obsession for suicides, and 2 out of the 3 central characters have gone that route, I would never want it but I would not be surprised! But if this makes J go all out, breaking all shackles that bind her, if it makes Shubho n Tanuja realise what their son has been going through, if it makes Arshiโs character to accept and move on n be there as a friend (Vinuโs genes have to be on an overtime) , then it would still serve a purpose! #MethodsVsResults
But if it serves as blamegame sessions for J , with renewed vigour, then please No.
Side note- I have seen elderly people in my house talk about death casually, like โab bbas aur kya, kuchh hi din mein marr hi jayengeโ While it kinda normalised the reality of death, I donโt know whethe such talks are more prevalent in Bong households or otherwise. But I have not seen our generation engage in it, so why a not so God abiding young man talks about it or extracts promises is baffling!
587