Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: Criticiser

Aadya going through her period reminds me how Bondita did and her charming Pati Babu created pads for her. Mind you this show was based in pre independent era. Funny how Pati Babu was more progressive than this regressive Upma who lives in the modern era!

That show was one of the most precious things ever and I am glad that it maintained it's dignity inspite of being preyed on by romance fanatics that wanted Ani to romance child Bondita who had just hit puberty. The same fanatics who now find ApMaan's cheating to be cute. I mean what kind of joy will you get out of seeing an adult Pravisht brushing his hands against a child Aura just to satisfy your romantic fantasies.

The whole track of periods, hormones, cramps was so sensitively handled instead of a token scene in this crap show that looked so stupid.

I had quite a few arguments in it's IF forum where these same fanatics were hating Ani for stuff like "ulte phere" and asking for seperation when he realized child Bondita had become a teenager and was getting attracted to him because of hormones,  and had stopped focusing on her goals to be a Barrister. 

The makers didn't give in, and instead showed the horror that would have been when another adult character decides to prey on teen Bondita. And the reunion, remarriage and romance between an older Ani and now adult Bondita was beautiful instead of a creepy grooming session.

Edited by NiharikaMishra - 28 days ago
IWasHareeshFan thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: InsaneDivine

I have a genuine question 🙋‍♀️ 

Agar aap khud periods, menstruation, jaise words nahi use kar paa rahe hain, and instead you have to resort to phrases like aapki beti badi ho gayi hai, toh phir yeh gyaan kahan tak effective hai ki girls menstruation ke baare mein khul ke baat kar sakti hain….🤔🤔🤔🤔 

I agree that periods jaise words use karne mei koi problem nahi hai, lekin badi hogai sunne mei thoda heavy heavy lagta hai, I mean responsibility aagai aaisa lagta hai.

btw I have never heard "badi hogai" in my family, pehle toh mujhe samajh hi nahi aaya ki kya bol rahi hai.

Then I remembered ki humare hostel mei bhi aaise hi baat karte the tab samajh aaya ki ye log periods ki baat kar rahe hain.

vaise humare family mei bhi bohot open nahi hain sare log, par phir bhi aaisi baate hum sare log apne apne tareeke se ek dusre se kar hi lete hain, even my father has no problem in sharing nonveg jokes with us, but not in very open way, vo thoda time de kar samajhna padta hai ki vo kehna kya chahte hain, but still we can talk.

Edited by IWasHareeshFan - 27 days ago
IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dee-Dee

Amreeca mein rehti hai but soch aur baatein iski sadiyon purani hi hai….my GrandMom was more progressive than this woman! smiley29

India mein there are many States, mostly South India that am aware of who celebrate this as a ritual for every young girl, but ye Amreeca mein bhi wohi purani nonsense lekar baithi hai.

I am surprised Puppy understood what she meant because if someone randomly comes and tells me anything like this, I won’t ever understand 😂 And then the educated man says Baap Beti ka lihaaz

Honestly they should have given atleast this part to Shruti, bechari ki wheel chair par fix kar diya, she is more of a friend to Aadhya than a Mother, and Maa toh aaj tak apne ek bhi bachche ki friend nahi ban payi hai, Shruti could have explained her much better in presence of Anuj and they could have had an open conversation on this.

I think they tried to maintain a balance so that zyada open bhi naa ho aur zyada conservative bhi naa lage

but I don't understand ki jab itne sare EMA vagera dikha diye hain toh phir ye toh natural hi hai naa.

btw baaki countries kaa toh pata nahi lekin India mei bohot kam hi log honge jo apne father ke saath iss topic par discuss kar pate honge.

vaise rahi celebrate karne ki baat toh yes, Odisha mei bhi kuch 4-5 days hote hain jahan pura celebration hota hai aur girls se kuch kaam nahi karvate.

I am not from that state so I don't remember the festival kaa name.

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

First of ALL, how old is Adhya supposed to be?

Isn't Adhya15 something?

there onwards.

During the first period, for a full week, girls are given rich food and actually pampered.

that's what I thought, I thought that she must be 15, but now according to this show she should be 12-13, matlab choti sach mei choti hi hai abhi.

accha I have a question and I am asking this for my own knowledge  because no matter how much you read, first hand experience always helps and is mostly informative.

I have a friend who lives in South India in TN, she told me that during periods they (girls) are given everything they need but they have to live in a separate room. Is this true everywhere in South India?

See even if this is true then also I am not questioning this practice because there are  scientific reasons, however this practice of separation is only correct until and unless the girl is not ill treated

You know what, there are families who go very extreme, my teacher once told me that people keep girls where cows live (not talking about South India here).  Now this is wrong, they should be treated like humans.

If we talk about my family then we don't follow any such practice, but yes, we are not allowed to go to temple or perform Puja or touch tulsi plant and after 5 days we wash our bedsheets blankets etc.  But we can share the same room with everyone else.

That's why I asked about South India ki har jagah separation practice kiya jata hai kya?

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

The whole track of periods, hormones, cramps was so sensitively handled instead of a token scene in this crap show that looked so stupid.

I don't know which show are you talking about

but why this topic was raised in this show?

Context kya tha, iska reason kya tha, kya fark padta agar iss time periods wali cheez naa bhi dikhai jati?  I mean track mei kuch change aata kya?

Originally posted by: IWasHareeshFan

I don't know which show are you talking about

but why this topic was raised in this show?

Context kya tha, iska reason kya tha, kya fark padta agar iss time periods wali cheez naa bhi dikhai jati?  I mean track mei kuch change aata kya?

Show was Barrister Babu, which starred Aura, about a 9-10 year old child bride married to a 22 year old lawyer in British colonial era and her husband motivates her to be a lawyer herself. It refers to a track when the child reaches menarche and contrary to what happened to women on periods in old times, her husband makes pads for her, helps her with cramps and even takes her to school on those days instead of locking her up in a room.

This period track was extremely important because after that, everyone in the family starts planning for them to have a baby and starts manipulating the girl that her conjugal duties are more important than studies and she was also starting to get attracted to her husband, while he didn't want to mate with a child and also didn't want her to lose focus from studies so he decides to plan an annulment (British had banned child marriage) and seperate from her which leads to a leap.

Edited by NiharikaMishra - 27 days ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

that's what I thought, I thought that she must be 15, but now according to this show she should be 12-13, matlab choti sach mei choti hi hai abhi.

accha I have a question and I am asking this for my own knowledge  because no matter how much you read, first hand experience always helps and is mostly informative.

I have a friend who lives in South India in TN, she told me that during periods they (girls) are given everything they need but they have to live in a separate room. Is this true everywhere in South India?

See even if this is true then also I am not questioning this practice because there are  scientific reasons, however this practice of separation is only correct until and unless the girl is not ill treated

You know what, there are families who go very extreme, my teacher once told me that people keep girls where cows live (not talking about South India here).  Now this is wrong, they should be treated like humans.

If we talk about my family then we don't follow any such practice, but yes, we are not allowed to go to temple or perform Puja or touch tulsi plant and after 5 days we wash our bedsheets blankets etc.  But we can share the same room with everyone else.

That's why I asked about South India ki har jagah separation practice kiya jata hai kya?

Batao, Whisper India launched an Ad on early onset of periods and here we are on the show!

See, I can speak for myself, what I have seen in my neighbourhood, back in the village etc.

Most urban population do not follow separation during periods. It's practically not possible in urban areas owing to limited spaces. They mostly restrict entry to Pooja Room, sometimes kitchen.

In some of the more conservative households, that still follow it, there usually have a separate room reserved for menstruating women and women who have just birth (Puerpera). With suitable amenities. The idea was to keep them away from work and an area because their body sensitive to contracting illness.

In both cases, food served is something thats rich yet easy digestible.

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

Show was Barrister Babu, which starred Aura, about a 9-10 year old child bride married to a 22 year old lawyer in British colonial era and her husband motivates her to be a lawyer herself. It refers to a track when the child reaches menarche and contrary to what happened to women on periods in old times, her husband makes pads for her, helps her with cramps and even takes her to school on those days instead of locking her up in a room.

This period track was extremely important because after that, everyone in the family starts planning for them to have a baby and starts manipulating the girl that her conjugal duties are more important than studies and she was also starting to get attracted to her husband, while he didn't want to mate with a child and also didn't want her to lose focus from studies so he decides to plan an annulment (British had banned child marriage) and seperate from her which leads to a leap.

OK 

oh accha

but why this topic is raised in anupama?  How did this topic contributed to the current track?  I mean kuch change hua kya isse?

IWasHareeshFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

Batao, Whisper India launched an Ad on early onset of periods and here we are on the show!

See, I can speak for myself, what I have seen in my neighbourhood, back in the village etc.

Most urban population do not follow separation during periods. It's practically not possible in urban areas owing to limited spaces. They mostly restrict entry to Pooja Room, sometimes kitchen.

In some of the more conservative households, that still follow it, there usually have a separate room reserved for menstruating women and women who have just birth (Puerpera). With suitable amenities. The idea was to keep them away from work and an area because their body sensitive to contracting illness.

In both cases, food served is something thats rich yet easy digestible.

Is there some connection between Whisper India and this show?

exactly this separation is not possible in Urban areas, in fact kitchen bhi avoid nahi kar sakte agar joint family nahi hai toh.  That's why we wash our bedsheet and wash our hair after 5 days.

aur rahi baat koi tradition follow karne ki toh I don't question people until and unless it is not harmful.  jisko jo karna hai vo kare.

sleepyupma thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

OK 

oh accha

but why this topic is raised in anupama?  How did this topic contributed to the current track?  I mean kuch change hua kya isse?

Haan hua naa iss bhagodipamaa ko whitewash karne ka ek aur mauka jo mil gayasmiley32