Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 25 days ago

Originally posted by: 8Lucky88

Beautifully written 

Loved how abhira confronted ruhi. In the end how ruhi figured out that abhira was her massi daughter 

Excited to read more on how this impacts the relationship between goenkas and Poddars

Thank you smiley27 Glad you liked it! I'm actually not too sure what the impact would be myself smiley36 The story is taking a life of its own, and I'm kind of discovering it with you guys as it unravels smiley17

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant! I have to say this was one of your best chapters so far and I have many reasons to say that. The first one (might as well be the most unexpected one) is how you have managed to explain the complexities of Ruhi's psyche. Ruhi, is not a very likeable character for obvious reasons, but the way she deceives her own mind, and fabricates a reality that suits her is something that intrigues me. Trauma does that to a person and some times your mind subconsciously block out a certain memory to protect you, I am absolutely stunned by the way you wrote the entire thing. Makes me wonder...are you, by any chance a psychology major or do you actually research before you write things or is it just because you maybe read a lot? The very fact that you made an attempt to decipher and piece down her issues is great and the way you managed to descriptively explain it without making it dramatic (which is a skill in itself) is exemplary. Second, I absolutely love how Abhira was so calculative about what she says. Despite her justified anger, she made a point not cause any damage. She did what was important to clear her Mumma's image and left it at that. I particularly like the fact that she did not expressly point out Ruhi's own culpability in her mother's death, because somewhere she understands how that guilt would hit her. That was peak brilliance. (i am such a simp for Abhira). You have such an amazing understanding of characters and their emotions, it's amazing, absolutely phenomenal. I wish I hadn't run out of words to tell you how much I appreciate this extraordinary skill that you have🌻
whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nocturnal7

Brilliant! I have to say this was one of your best chapters so far and I have many reasons to say that. The first one (might as well be the most unexpected one) is how you have managed to explain the complexities of Ruhi's psyche. Ruhi, is not a very likeable character for obvious reasons, but the way she deceives her own mind, and fabricates a reality that suits her is something that intrigues me. Trauma does that to a person and some times your mind subconsciously block out a certain memory to protect you, I am absolutely stunned by the way you wrote the entire thing. Makes me wonder...are you, by any chance a psychology major or do you actually research before you write things or is it just because you maybe read a lot? The very fact that you made an attempt to decipher and piece down her issues is great and the way you managed to descriptively explain it without making it dramatic (which is a skill in itself) is exemplary. Second, I absolutely love how Abhira was so calculative about what she says. Despite her justified anger, she made a point not cause any damage. She did what was important to clear her Mumma's image and left it at that. I particularly like the fact that she did not expressly point out Ruhi's own culpability in her mother's death, because somewhere she understands how that guilt would hit her. That was peak brilliance. (i am such a simp for Abhira).You have such an amazing understanding of characters and their emotions, it's amazing, absolutely phenomenal. I wish I hadn't run out of words to tell you how much I appreciate this extraordinary skill that you have🌻

Oh I can't tell you how relieved I am at reading your comment! I was so unsure about this part, and it was so draining to write! I have no link with psychology, except for what I have read here and there out of curiosity, and I guess some of it has seeped in here smiley17 My main driving force for writing Ruhi the way I have is that I just can't bring myself to write fully negative characters, because I think everyone has some redeeming factor. This show, of course, really tests that belief of mine. It was truly a struggle to find a way to humanize Ruhi. But the struggle has paid off, it seems? Thank you so much for your comment smiley27 It is all the more flattering, coming from a brilliant writer such as yourself.

Bidaaifan09 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Another masterpiece, chef's kiss!

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

smiley32smiley32smiley32

How compose Abhira was, strong and truthful

Wonderful.smiley27

Posted: 24 days ago

Whistle-blowing update.

Loved the confrontation between lusty and abhira.

Continue soon.

barbieflora thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 5

Ahhh finally! 😍

whimsical thumbnail

Thank you all so much for your feedback! Yayy, I am so glad you liked it, seeing as I found this chapter so difficult to conceptualize smiley31

Ps. Next update will be slightly delayed, there's a bit of a writer's block starting to settle in at my end. 

Edited by whimsical - 24 days ago
santa1234 thumbnail
I havent been able to come online since yesterday was my birthday, but thanks for writing again! There couldn't be a better birthday gift. Now, I begin reading!!!!!!!!!
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Very well written update.

I stopped watching ITV long time ago, in fact I hardly watch any shows anymore, unless a web series will interest me, but I love to read and this is one of the best Fan Fic I have read in a long time. You are doing a great job with this story.

As for Ruhi, I watched her as a child and thought she is very good kid, even though I felt she was little spoiled.

She never knew her father so she wouldn't have missed his presence because she had other people to fill that void, but once she lost her support system she should have gotten grief counseling. You Ruhi will deal with this situation with maturity but I don't see this happening in the show, so thank you giving us this Ruhi.

As always loved that Arman and Abhira are one unit. I can totally agree with her not having relationships with all those who have wronged her but I hope she at least has one meet with everyone who supported her.

Looking forward to next update.