Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amanita09 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 15 days ago

Omg her Parjaii knows how to give good advice. 

Speaking of Serious relationships,I can't wait to see how it will evolve into one 

themasked thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Team Keerat

Posted: 13 days ago

Chapter 44-Amrit

The night was still young.He could technically still leave and no one would bother, especially when the spotlight shone on his little sister.The Brars certainly knew how to throw a part he realised.As it turned out ,the actual announcement was scheduled to take place inside the house ,attended by a select bunch of guests,followed by a number of onstage events outside ,including a giddha competition which was open to all the guests who had passes.

He was thoroughly confused by this whole ordeal and found it rather excessive .His sister ,on the other hand ,had burst into laughter when she got to know of the itinerary.

"Veerji,looks like Inder veerji's idea paid off after all."

He had blinked causing her to elaborate.

"Veerji,this announcement is not just a get together for everyone.It's also a great marketing opportunity.By providing exclusive guest passes we can expand the market to the general public as well.Moreover, the cultural performances and the competition can serve as additional incentives to attend."

This was a rather creative avenue, he had to admit.Unorthodox, but creative and shockingly feasible,well worth the costs.Before long,his mother and Akaal Singh Brar made the announcement,and his sister was now the chairperson of the Brar-Babbar empire.He couldn't be prouder of her he thought as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

He suddenly realised he would miss her a lot.Not only her,but the little family they had managed to build together with their mother and Pammi.His heart ached as he thought of Pammi.While he didn't love her,not the way he had Vikrant,he could still profess to care for her.Both heart broken,they had managed to become each other's rock.In a different lifetime,they would have been soul mates but in this life,they were fated to be each other's person.

To his amusement,despite being swamped by people flocking to congratulate her, Gurleen seemed to be searching for one person in the room.The said person was standing with Prabhjyot Kaur Brar and never had he seen a prouder man.When their eyes met she flashed a brilliant smile before turning a bright red.Amrit shook his head in exasperation.Something was definitely cooking there.

His eyes met his mother's across the room.She had seen the little exchange as well and seemed to be struggling to control her laughter.He would miss all of this ,their casual banter ,the teasing,the tears and the fights.One by one,everyone was leaving the nest and despite not admitting it,everyone knew their household wouldn't be the same again.

After six months,Gurleen would be in Brar mansion,Pammi in Amritsar and he and their mother in Calcutta.Their little house filled with memories would remain empty,left to gather as memories of a sarangi haunted the walls.His only consolation was the presence of Maitri di and his mom who would accompany him.

It took a while for his sister to extricate herself from the crowd and reach him.He wordlessly pulled her into a hug,a single action conveying a thousand emotions.He knew that both of them were crying badly but he didn't care.Soon they were joined by their mother and Pammi .

"Amrit,"he whipped around,his heart stopping at the voice,a voice he had carved into his memories and a voice he hadn't heard in over a decade.

"Vikrant" ,he whispered.

He yearned to tussle his hair and caress his face,yet propriety stopped him.Both of them were married to other people now.He no longer had a right over him.

"May we talk for a while?"

He nodded,his throat dry.They proceeded to the garden where the cultural performances were on in full swing.They stood under a tree and watched the crowd.

"Amrit,how have you been?"

"Really fine,never been happier."he nearly choked on his words.

Vikrant nodded before gazing back into the distance.

"Gurleen has grown into a beautiful young woman.You and Pammi have raised her well.It's hard to believe that the little girl who once filled your socks with flour is now one of the most influential people in Punjab.She'll go a long way, mark my words."

Amrit nodded silently.A young boy came running up to them,right into Vikrant's arms.

"My son ,"he gestured."His name is Amrit."

"Oh"

His head was spinning.Nothing made sense.

Vikrant smiled at his confusion.

"I know things ended on a sour note between us but it doesn't change the fact that you were my first love.You taught me what it was to love someone with every iota.How can I ever forget that?I forgave you a long time ago and I have moved on ;so should you.The circumstances back then were beyond our control,please don't dwell on your bitter past,you need to look towards the future.I just want you to be happy and get closure.I hope we see each other soon."

And he walked off,leaving him behind.His emotions were a mess,something too painful to untangle.He worried he'd break if he so much as touched them.He saw his sister in the distance,talking to her fiance.He was holding her hands and he seemed to be crying.Atleast,she should get her happy ending,he thought.

His shoulders shook and a strangled sob escaped him.He felt a hand in his.Pammi had come ,tears in her eyes.No doubt she had talked to Inder,he thought darkly.He finally gave himself permission to break and the two of them collapsed on the grass,crying like they had never done before.

Amanita09 thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 13 days ago

Awhhhhhhhh smiley27 

Can't wait for the next chapter.

themasked thumbnail

Team Keerat

Posted: 8 days ago

Chapter 45-Jaspal

His eyes never left her as she walked up the stage ,ready to give her speech.He didn't hear a single word ,entranced as he was.In that moment,nothing existed in the world other than her.If he were to close his eyes,he knew all that he would see would be her and her alone, glittering like the moon amongst a sea of stars.

"Good evening everyone, I feel humbled to be here.I know it is going to be a long evening so I'll try to keep this short."she said to a smattering of applause and laughter.

"I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for being very supportive.I know I'm young and rather inexperienced in your eyes but I believe with the help of such experienced mentors,"she gestured to Daarji and her mother,"and a wonderful board and colleagues,I believe we can reach for the stars.I won't take any more of your time.Thank you."

As the crowd thronged in to congratulate her ,he simply moved to a corner with Prabhjyot; he'd have his moment later.She seemed to be looking for someone and smiled when her eyes found his.He simply smiled back and gave a small wave;she turned a brilliant red.To his surprise,she broke away from the crowd and made her way towards him.

She held a hand to him.He looked at it for a moment before accepting it.And the two of them turned to face the cameras.

She had excused herself after a while to meet her family.He decided to accompany Prabhjyot who badly wanted to see the cultural performances.After a while ,he noticed a line figure dressed in purple standing by the pillar ,gazing at the stars.

"A penny for your thoughts?",he asked her.

She started and he frowned upon noticing tears in her eyes.

"Is everything alright?"he probed.She simply nodded.He couldn't force her to talk to him considering the precarious status of their relationship.

He took her hand before speaking.

"As you might have noticed by now,my family isn't exactly ideal and I don't share a great relationship with most of them.I wasn't even supposed to be CEO,that was Inder veerji's job.Even know, I'm only filling in till Angad is old enough.

In this house, Daarji's word is the law and it's suicide to go against him.I know I have treated you poorly in the past and I'll always regret that.As much as I profess to hate my father there's still a part of me that yearns his approval resulting in my ambivalent feelings towards you.

I'm not used to taking leaps of faith,preferring to approach everything like a business deal.I find it difficult to trust others and prefer to keep a walk erected around me."

"Why are you telling me all this?"she whispered.

He took a deep breath and admitted it out loud.

"Because I've inexplicably fallen in love with you.I do not know when or how it happened but I swear in God's name that this is the truth.I have no intention of tricking you into anything.I know you don't trust me and I won't force you to.Just give me a chance to earn it."

She stared at him blankly,stupefied.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the most beautiful person I've ever met and the kindest one.You inspire me to be a good person.You remind me that life's too beautiful to waste and that we can always be a better version of ourselves.You are brave and intelligent.You are someone who understands me and even if you don't,you respect my opinions. How on earth could I not love you?"

A tear slipped from her eye before she fled.He ran after her until they ended up under the gazebo where they had first argued.

"Gurleen,please listen.I know all of this is sudden and very overwhelming but please consider it .And remember this,you are in no way obliged to return my feelings.Even if friendship's the only thing you can offer,I will be content.You don't have to reply to me now,a week ,six months or even a hundred years later.Just give me a chance and this relationship a chance, that's all I ask.

Even if you wish to end this engagement,I will still support you,come hell or heaven.Knowing you'll be happy is enough for me.I will always be there for you, no matter what.In the time we've known each other, you've become the most precious thing in my life and I'll go to any lengths to keep you safe and happy ."

She choked out a laugh,"You shouldn't say such poetic things and then say that it's my decision to to leave you or not."

He simply smiled,"The question is ,did it work?"

"Honestly, Jaspal ji,all this is very new to me.While I'm alright with being friends,I don't think I can handle a romantic relationship. It's simply too much.I'm sorry."

He felt his heart break but he managed to keep his voice steady.

"Like I said, I'll support every decision of yours.I just hope the engagement still stands."

"It does."

"And since we're friends,I assume we can give each other gifts?"

"Yes"

"May I hug you?"

She laughed and hugged him.It warmed him from within and even helped soothe his broken heart a bit.Knowing that she was there in his life in some capacity was a comfort,even if she couldn't love him the way he did her.

Hopefully, he'd get used to it.

Edited by themasked - 8 days ago
Amanita09 thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 8 days ago

Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsmiley27 

That was the cutest declartion of love I've Ever read

fantasy1000a thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: themasked

Chapter 45-Jaspal

His eyes never left her as she walked up the stage ,ready to give her speech.He didn't hear a single word ,entranced as he was.In that moment,nothing existed in the world other than her.If he were to close his eyes,he knew all that he would see would be her and her alone, glittering like the moon amongst a sea of stars.

"Good evening everyone, I feel humbled to be here.I know it is going to be a long evening so I'll try to keep this short."she said to a smattering of applause and laughter.

"I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for being very supportive.I know I'm young and rather inexperienced in your eyes but I believe with the help of such experienced mentors,"she gestured to Daarji and her mother,"and a wonderful board and colleagues,I believe we can reach for the stars.I won't take any more of your time.Thank you."

As the crowd thronged in to congratulate her ,he simply moved to a corner with Prabhjyot; he'd have his moment later.She seemed to be looking for someone and smiled when her eyes found his.He simply smiled back and gave a small wave;she turned a brilliant red.To his surprise,she broke away from the crowd and made her way towards him.

She held a hand to him.He looked at it for a moment before accepting it.And the two of them turned to face the cameras.

She had excused herself after a while to meet her family.He decided to accompany Prabhjyot who badly wanted to see the cultural performances.After a while ,he noticed a line figure dressed in purple standing by the pillar ,gazing at the stars.

"A penny for your thoughts?",he asked her.

She started and he frowned upon noticing tears in her eyes.

"Is everything alright?"he probed.She simply nodded.He couldn't force her to talk to him considering the precarious status of their relationship.

He took her hand before speaking.

"As you might have noticed by now,my family isn't exactly ideal and I don't share a great relationship with most of them.I wasn't even supposed to be CEO,that was Inder veerji's job.Even know, I'm only filling in till Angad is old enough.

In this house, Daarji's word is the law and it's suicide to go against him.I know I have treated you poorly in the past and I'll always regret that.As much as I profess to hate my father there's still a part of me that yearns his approval resulting in my ambivalent feelings towards you.

I'm not used to taking leaps of faith,preferring to approach everything like a business deal.I find it difficult to trust others and prefer to keep a walk erected around me."

"Why are you telling me all this?"she whispered.

He took a deep breath and admitted it out loud.

"Because I've inexplicably fallen in love with you.I do not know when or how it happened but I swear in God's name that this is the truth.I have no intention of tricking you into anything.I know you don't trust me and I won't force you to.Just give me a chance to earn it."

She stared at him blankly,stupefied.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the most beautiful person I've ever met and the kindest one.You inspire me to be a good person.You remind me that life's too beautiful to waste and that we can always be a better version of ourselves.You are brave and intelligent.You are someone who understands me and even if you don't,you respect my opinions. How on earth could I not love you?"

A tear slipped from her eye before she fled.He ran after her until they ended up under the gazebo where they had first argued.

"Gurleen,please listen.I know all of this is sudden and very overwhelming but please consider it .And remember this,you are in no way obliged to return my feelings.Even if friendship's the only thing you can offer,I will be content.You don't have to reply to me now,a week ,six months or even a hundred years later.Just give me a chance and this relationship a chance, that's all I ask.

Even if you wish to end this engagement,I will still support you,come hell or heaven.Knowing you'll be happy is enough for me.I will always be there for you, no matter what.In the time we've known each other, you've become the most precious thing in my life and I'll go to any lengths to keep you safe and happy ."

She choked out a laugh,"You shouldn't say such poetic things and then say that it's my decision to to leave you or not."

He simply smiled,"The question is ,did it work?"

"Honestly, Jaspal ji,all this is very new to me.While I'm alright with being friends,I don't think I can handle a romantic relationship. It's simply too much.I'm sorry."

He felt his heart break but he managed to keep his voice steady.

"Like I said, I'll support every decision of yours.I just hope the engagement still stands."

"It does."

"And since we're friends,I assume we can give each other gifts?"

"Yes"

"May I hug you?"

She laughed and hugged him.It warmed him from within and even helped soothe his broken heart a bit.Knowing that she was there in his life in some capacity was a comfort,even if she couldn't love him the way he did her.

Hopefully, he'd get used to it.

Yes Gurleen hug him 🥰🥰....

They are soooooo cute 🥰🥰🥰 

Amanita09 thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 5 days ago

checking in on the next update 

themasked thumbnail

Team Keerat

Posted: 5 days ago

Originally posted by: Amanita09

checking in on the next update 

Will update this weekend 

themasked thumbnail

Team Keerat

Posted: 4 days ago

Chapter 46-Gurleen 

Gurleen gazed out of the window at the rain pelting the glass.She had been very excited to come to London only to find out that it was extremely wet.After four months, the novelty of visiting a new country died and she found herself missing the bright sun ,which rarely made an appearance here,often obscured by heavy grey clouds.A glance at Amrit veerji showed him to be happily chatting with someone over the telephone.

Nine times out of ten,it was probably Ambernath Arora,their business partner in London.If things progressed,she might be calling the man jiju by the time they left London,she thought to herself amusedly.No matter how much her brother denied it,it was clear that he had fallen hard for the man.Pammi Parjaai had settled comfortably in Amritsar and started working as a professor of history in the University;she never failed to update her daily via text messages .

Mummy too was enjoying retirement,choosing to travel the world and sending them the strangest of postcards from Rome and Barcelona.They had somehow managed to settle into a routine.She'd spend her day in the office while her brother preferred to wander the streets and write.They spent their evenings together,cooking in silence before returning to their respective rooms.

Amidst all this,there was one person whom she sorely missed.She hadn't really talked much to her fiance since the shift to London owing to their ever increasing workload and time zone differences.She could count on one hand the number of times they'd actually spoken to each other and all of the conversations had been too brief for her liking.While she didn't reciprocate his feelings,she had come to cherish him as a dear friend, someone whom she could respect,laugh with and tease mercilessly. Sometimes,she couldn't help wonder what it might actually be like to love him.

And sometimes, she'd remember the kiss and turn red.While she was honest enough to admit her attraction to him,she also knew that whatever it was,it wasn't romantic.She'd seen how her Parjaai had loved Inder veerji, how her brother had loved Vikrant.While her twelve year old self had been unable to comprehend the depth of their relationships and found them extremely sappy,her adult self was slowly starting to understand them.

At the same time,she couldn't exactly imagine herself drowning in someone's love.The whole idea of loving someone to the point where it hurts,where they became the focus of her existence seemed so unfathomable to her.Perhaps she just wasn't cut out for this romance thing after all.Yet she couldn't help but notice,a pang of loneliness spread through her bones like ice.She and Jaspal ji were technicaly friends who were about to be in a marriage of convenience.

While he had hoped she'd fall for him,both of them knew the possibility to be highly unlikely.What if he fell in love with someone else, someone who reciprocated his feelings? They'd have to divorce then ;she was morally bound to agree to one.But where did that leave her?Would she be alone for the rest of her life,watching the leaves on the trees bloom,wither and fall in succession until nothing was left of her but skin and bone?

To make matters worse,she started feeling guilty as well.What if this marriage was denying Jaspal a chance to find his true love?Knowing him to be a thorough gentleman,he would probably try to salvage their loveless marriage in order to protect her honour.Or worse, what if he refused to even look at another woman and forsake his opportunity to find his true love.She didn't think she could bear it if he were to be sad.At the same time,she wasn't sure if she could stomach him marrying another woman.

What a cruel joke,she thought to herself.If she had to choose between his misery and her own,what would she pick? Definitely her own,her mind thought.There was no way she could let him waste away his life on her account.

Soon the restlessness became unbearable and she retired to her room only to pace around in anxiety. All of a sudden ,she missed her Sarangi.But there was no point in crying over spilled milk so she managed to dig up her old harmonium from under the bed.Her fingers stilled as the thoughts invaded her head.Letting her feelings of longing and loneliness flow through her,she finally started playing.

The words from an old poem came to her mind,words her brother would drunkenly recite on the terrace,at the stars and the skies, heartbroken and indifferent to the world.

Ranjha Ranjha Kardi Ni,

Me'N Aapay Ranjha hoi,

Sado ni Me'N no Dhido- Ranjha,

Mano Heer Na Akho Koi,

No matter how hard she tried, the rest of the poem refused to come to her.She ended up playing those four lines in a loop,over and over again.A lone tear trickled down her cheek as she continued to play,to the stars outside and the clouds above,cold and unforgiving, completely indifferent to the world around her.

fantasy1000a thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Critic

Posted: 4 days ago

Originally posted by: themasked

Chapter 46-Gurleen 

Gurleen gazed out of the window at the rain pelting the glass.She had been very excited to come to London only to find out that it was extremely wet.After four months, the novelty of visiting a new country died and she found herself missing the bright sun ,which rarely made an appearance here,often obscured by heavy grey clouds.A glance at Amrit veerji showed him to be happily chatting with someone over the telephone.

Nine times out of ten,it was probably Ambernath Arora,their business partner in London.If things progressed,she might be calling the man jiju by the time they left London,she thought to herself amusedly.No matter how much her brother denied it,it was clear that he had fallen hard for the man.Pammi Parjaai had settled comfortably in Amritsar and started working as a professor of history in the University;she never failed to update her daily via text messages .

Mummy too was enjoying retirement,choosing to travel the world and sending them the strangest of postcards from Rome and Barcelona.They had somehow managed to settle into a routine.She'd spend her day in the office while her brother preferred to wander the streets and write.They spent their evenings together,cooking in silence before returning to their respective rooms.

Amidst all this,there was one person whom she sorely missed.She hadn't really talked much to her fiance since the shift to London owing to their ever increasing workload and time zone differences.She could count on one hand the number of times they'd actually spoken to each other and all of the conversations had been too brief for her liking.While she didn't reciprocate his feelings,she had come to cherish him as a dear friend, someone whom she could respect,laugh with and tease mercilessly. Sometimes,she couldn't help wonder what it might actually be like to love him.

And sometimes, she'd remember the kiss and turn red.While she was honest enough to admit her attraction to him,she also knew that whatever it was,it wasn't romantic.She'd seen how her Parjaai had loved Inder veerji, how her brother had loved Vikrant.While her twelve year old self had been unable to comprehend the depth of their relationships and found them extremely sappy,her adult self was slowly starting to understand them.

At the same time,she couldn't exactly imagine herself drowning in someone's love.The whole idea of loving someone to the point where it hurts,where they became the focus of her existence seemed so unfathomable to her.Perhaps she just wasn't cut out for this romance thing after all.Yet she couldn't help but notice,a pang of loneliness spread through her bones like ice.She and Jaspal ji were technicaly friends who were about to be in a marriage of convenience.

While he had hoped she'd fall for him,both of them knew the possibility to be highly unlikely.What if he fell in love with someone else, someone who reciprocated his feelings? They'd have to divorce then ;she was morally bound to agree to one.But where did that leave her?Would she be alone for the rest of her life,watching the leaves on the trees bloom,wither and fall in succession until nothing was left of her but skin and bone?

To make matters worse,she started feeling guilty as well.What if this marriage was denying Jaspal a chance to find his true love?Knowing him to be a thorough gentleman,he would probably try to salvage their loveless marriage in order to protect her honour.Or worse, what if he refused to even look at another woman and forsake his opportunity to find his true love.She didn't think she could bear it if he were to be sad.At the same time,she wasn't sure if she could stomach him marrying another woman.

What a cruel joke,she thought to herself.If she had to choose between his misery and her own,what would she pick? Definitely her own,her mind thought.There was no way she could let him waste away his life on her account.

Soon the restlessness became unbearable and she retired to her room only to pace around in anxiety. All of a sudden ,she missed her Sarangi.But there was no point in crying over spilled milk so she managed to dig up her old harmonium from under the bed.Her fingers stilled as the thoughts invaded her head.Letting her feelings of longing and loneliness flow through her,she finally started playing.

The words from an old poem came to her mind,words her brother would drunkenly recite on the terrace,at the stars and the skies, heartbroken and indifferent to the world.

Ranjha Ranjha Kardi Ni,

Me'N Aapay Ranjha hoi,

Sado ni Me'N no Dhido- Ranjha,

Mano Heer Na Akho Koi,

No matter how hard she tried, the rest of the poem refused to come to her.She ended up playing those four lines in a loop,over and over again.A lone tear trickled down her cheek as she continued to play,to the stars outside and the clouds above,cold and unforgiving, completely indifferent to the world around her.

Oh my god, what a lovely chapter.

I can really feel Gurleen's inner turmoil regarding her marriage to Jaspal. They're friends, and she likes him, but she's scared to fall for him to the extent that it hurts. 

She feels guilty that because of their marriage, Jaspal might miss out on finding true love, and this marriage could prevent him from falling in love with someone else.

And that "Ranjha Ranjha" song – the first thing that came to my mind was my Veerat. I don't know why, but it's really overwhelming sometimes. The show is not the same without them..... 🥺❤️

I just hope that Gurleen and Jaspal will fall for each other.

Do you know the English translation of the 

ranjha -ranjha song?? 

The song is very romantic. And Jatin sang it beautifully. 🥺🥹