Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 21 days ago

Ableism and prejudice are seen as rudeness these days?

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

yup, 5 yr old, just saw it on reddit..its everywhere on all portals....the one who shared it, her account has been suspended, wonder ysmiley3

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for telling...it's a story I already have read long time ago...they seem to obviously rehash old things, too smiley2

Yes, Kajol can be insensitive...empathy isn't her forte.

Originally posted by: Clochette

What did Kajol do/say?

I want to know too.....I didn't see anything in opening post??

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

The post, which was posted years ago, read: "I love my brother so much, he is on the autism spectrum, so life has been really hard for him, until a few years ago. People finally began accepting him for who he was, and he got to work at a high-end restaurant in Juhu, where people encouraged him to work. He had been really, really happy with his job for the past few months, until yesterday. He is a huge fan of Kajol. And usually sees a single film of hers on repeat (either 'Dilwale' or 'My Name Is Khan') and that brings him joy. Yesterday, Kajol came with a couple of friends to the restaurant where he worked, and he was overjoyed. He usually gets back-end duties because he is good with numbers, but they allowed him to handle the bill once the dinner was finished."

The note further read: "All he wanted to say was that Kajol brought him a lot of happiness and that he wished the best for her future. My brother was overwhelmed and started crying, but all she did was say, 'hogaya? Ab nautanki bandh karo aur bill loh'. And she complained to the manager about employing people like him. From the bottom of my heart, F__ you Kajol. You couldn't even say thank you. It's not like he interrupted you while you were eating. I hope and pray no one treats you like you treated my brother, and you will have more awareness about what my brother is going through in the future. A lot of celebrities have come to the restaurant he works in, some even bigger than you, but guess what? A large number of them might have demands but are at least not insufferable like you."

"For once in my life, my brother felt good about having a job in a society like India, which doesn't even understand or respect my brother's condition. Now he feels really shy about talking to anyone else. I am super pissed at you and you alone," it added.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

When I read it (already some time ago), I would have liked to ask the writer some questions but that wasn't possible.

If the story is true, it pains me for the (young?) man (and his sister).

Again a story to show that it is important to be aware that the off-screen person may not have much to do with the own wishful thinking.

Edited by Clochette - 21 days ago
Zilan thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

Posted: 18 days ago

Whatever I have seen of Kajol she has a no nonsense type attitude which at times deemed as insensitive. 

With her interview with Ranveer Allahwadia she appeared quite condescending & later on another interview Ranveer tagged that interview as boring/hated to pull. It was as if Kajol was safeguarding herself with too politically correct replies & not letting her real self show. She is a good actress and people should applaud that but at the end of the day the characters these people play are written by talented writers & actors may have a very contrasting personalities. That's why they are called actors.