Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Why did Vinayak tell Malati to bring water for Nivedita? He could have brought it himself.

I cannot suspend disbelief that three married couples - Vinayak and Malati, Ramanath and Radhika, Abhay and Ashvini - all went to bed without providing the new bride with a pillow for her broken leg in the hall, never mind privacy!

How many bedrooms does their apartment have? One for Abhay and Ashvini and Rashi, one for Vinayak and Malati ... Do Ramanath and Radhika have a bedroom? Does Ketaki? If not, and they don't sleep in the hall where Yashodhan sleeps, do they sleep on the kitchen floor, or in the bathroom?

Posted: 11 days ago

How many people did Nivedita expect to feed with that small amount of bhājī? Three? Or only two?

When Yashodhan said that the bhājī looked dry, the editor cut to a shot of maṭakīcī usaḷa, not bhājī.

Even more unbelievable was Ashvini's suggestion to order food, with Ketaki's delighted assent. Instead of coating the usaḷa with yogurt to mask the sweet taste, they'll wait at least half an hour for someone else to cook and deliver their food; these are the family members that need their meals on time, according to Malati?

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 days ago

naik family just want to offend Nivedita.

meanwhile all yash nivedita scenes are very subtle and nice. The awkwardness being married is there but the friendship is strong and real.

Now that Aseem is being bullied in hostel, he is going to be traumatised and stick (and be possessive) to Nivi as shown in the launch promo. 

45 minutes telecast, 5 days a week, I think the episodes were really engaging, yes there are some mistakes here and there but overall the team work is amazing especially when they just have one unit to shoot unlike big channel’s shows.   

Posted: 5 days ago

The highlight of Wednesday's episode was the conversation between Yashodhan and Nivedita, with Yash asking Nivi to put herself first and settle into the family, while Nivi insisted that Asim was as deserving of care as Rashi.

Daily dramas typically have couples either fighting over misunderstandings or sacrificing themselves for each other. I much prefer these logical disagreements, arguments delivered with intensity but without raised voices or raucous music.

On the other hand, I hated that Vinayak shouted at Malati that the discussion was over. Even a breadwinner who owns the home shouldn't disrespect his wife, but in the Naik family, Malati the homemaker contributes more than unemployed Vinayak, and she deserves a say in who lives in her home and benefits from her work. Good for Malati, standing up for herself and telling Vinayak it was not over!

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 days ago

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

The highlight of Wednesday's episode was the conversation between Yashodhan and Nivedita, with Yash asking Nivi to put herself first and settle into the family, while Nivi insisted that Asim was as deserving of care as Rashi.

Daily dramas typically have couples either fighting over misunderstandings or sacrificing themselves for each other. I much prefer these logical disagreements, arguments delivered with intensity but without raised voices or raucous music.

yes, it's good to see that Yash and Nivi always talk to each other before they decide what to do. First was marriage, then Aseem issue and now the decision to attend function/ritual after Nihar's invitation. 

Thursday's episode had a very good message with Yash carrying Aseem and holding Nivi's hand. But I cannot understand Nivi, one day she looks lovingly at him; another day, she keeps a distance. 

I'm happy that Rashi is not shown jealous or as an evil kid for drama quotient, rather she is shown playing with Aseem and being all sweet to her new "kaki"

Posted: 3 days ago

Good for Yashodhan, telling Nivedita how bad he felt when she left the pūjā without telling him anything, and how it makes him feel unwanted when she talks of setting him free.

I too loved how Yashodhan carried Asim, reassuring Nivedita that she didn't need to make him stand and walk.

Rashi and Asim were pulling hair when they first met, but in the next scene they played like old friends. I'm glad that Asim has a friend instead of just protectors and adult bullies.

Yashodhan who slept in the hall had a habit of wearing just a towel to dry himself under the fan in his parents' bedroom? Whatever. Yashodhan who sleeps on the floor because Nivedita aroused him with one touch in bed, and he knows she's not ready ... would he nonchalantly appear in front of her like that, and brush off her discomfort?

Posted: 3 days ago

I loved how Nivedita responded to Ashvini burning a hole in Sumitra's wedding sāḍī.

Nivedita reassured Asim first of all, because a child's self-esteem is more important than a treasured memento. She didn't let Ashvini pull rank; she calmly and politely answered that yes, it was Ashvini's mistake to offer to iron the sāḍī and then double the work by making Asim do it. Saying that she would wear a different sāḍī today and repurpose Sumitra's sāḍī as a dress, Nivedita frustrated Ashvini's attempt to spoil her mood. For a Parthian shot, she appealed to Ashvini's maternal instinct, asking her to treat Asim the way she would want Rashi to be treated.

I didn't like Sumitra compromising her vegetarian principles in deference to Naik family tastes. After the chicken is cooked, will the smell of her own kitchen nauseate her?

The Laṅkecī Pārvatī look that Nivedita adopted to communicate her displeasure to Sumitra was festive compared to the dishevelled widow's look that Siddhi wore to greet accused-of-Gaurav's-murder Shiva five years ago on Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā!