Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veesam thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Firefly_shines

Was genuinely curious about this so thought of sharing my views.

Seeing comments criticising Garvita’s acting and calling it cringe made me realise one thing, that no matter who played Ruhi’s part - a newbie, experienced actor, national award winner or samriddhi, it was bound to get criticised. Yes hypothetically had Samriddhi been playing Ruhi’s character, people would have been extra critical about her acting. Coz it’s not about the actor or her acting skills, it’s about the character Ruhi and the hate associated with it.

I have usually noticed comments overhyping and overrating main leads acting skills while being extra critical and judgemental for the PL. While it may be true most of the time, it’s not always the case.

Imo every actors has their own plus and minus points. While there are some emotions they can easily emote, they require practice for the others.

In this gen, Pratiksha was a newbie with zero acting skills but still managed to look decent in non emotional light hearted scenes with her family. In her comparison Garvita is 100 times better as she has already worked in this industry. Samriddhi is no doubt a very good actress but personally feel she can improve the arguing and shouting scenes as it goes ott and her voice becomes shrill.

In this gen Shehzada improved impressively in few months. On the other hand Rohit is a very good looking actor but appears stiff in some scenes.

edited for gen 3 actor comparisons

I agree with Samriddhi point.  At first, she was really good. But now that the actors have changed, her ott acting is increasingly noticeable especially when she shouts and says dialogues fast.Maybe she's trying to outshine Garvita and Rohit, but it's not working well.

Edited by Veesam - 1 months ago
Alia547 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Abhira's character is supposed to be ott only.But Samridhii is actually managing the scenes so well that it doesn't comes off as cringe or irritating.She does very good dialogue delivery during arguing scenes and come on shouting scenes are meant to be ott only,you can't expect an actor to be all sweet and meek during such scenes lol.Coming to Ruhi,no you are wrong if you think the hate is only because of the character,I agree that there is definitely ample amount of criticism directed towards the character but that doesn't equate towards the hate garvita is getting for her acting(which is so less actually considering previous one).Tbh I loved garvita in the initial few episodes since her entry but idk if it's the director's fault but ruhi is being so childish which is so out of character and Garvita is NOT doing justice to it - like her acting and that attempt to bring off a baby voice is a major off and she's bad at emotional scenes,nothing comes off natural or spontaneous it looks a bit forced from her part.She is kind of saved from more hate and criticism only cause she's better than pratiksha and she's a sweetheart offscreen.About Rohit hmmm idk what to say lol.I think I will have to make a separate post to talk about his acting and I think I will agree with you on that part he is so stiff and I don't feel any emotions in his face- like it's so difficult to interpret what he feels or think.Shehzada used to overdo in the beginning but he improved tremendously especially towards the last few episodes,ngl I wish he stayed until abhira-armaan love confession but sigh :((

Also,the less said about the acting of previous generation leads the more better lol.Mohsin has to be the best actor among all generation mls and Samridhii from female leads.Plus I expected such a post to be coming because there was an appreciation post for Samridhii just yesterday lmao

Edited by Alia547 - 1 months ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

I have not seen sam in past shows. But i might have seen her cartoons where she dubbed some of the characters. She was pretty good at dubbing but i am sorry yrkkh seems her acting comes as too much noisy and ott. 

They gave her those stupid oneliners which comes as too OTT When the scene is bit serious. That's getting really irritating for me. I prefer dialogues should be set according to scene. 

If tomorrow in gen 4 someone is dead will abhira also use onliners in between mourning? It looks really odd that she acts like a teenager who has no sense and blabbers anything. 

Sam may be good actress but in rishta her acting is not helping. 

Garvita her dialogues are good and suites the scenes but her character should realize armaan is not worth of her time. I am unable to connect to her because of this armaan angle. 

Rohith is a good actor. But his character as armaan is bit boring and since i believe he has been instructed to not to give any hints on who armaan loves he comes as a robot in some scenes. 

Edited by firewings_diya - 1 months ago
Ruhikam3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chaipaani

Woh kaisa yeh toh nahi pta. Personally speaking mujhe toh nahi pasand na shaqal na acting - tried watching his new series aankhon se khoon aagya. Mujhe lgta tha Pratik se bura kaun hi act kar sakta hai then i met Mohsin 🥲 

Lauta do mere woh 30 minutes Mohsin smiley19

I don't know how people will take it but I prefer mohsins acting over harshads. Mohsin delivers realistic acting while harshad was cringe in yrkkh. But harshad was amazing in bepanah and saubhagyawati bhawa but was just so so in yrkkh.

Like when u compare their similar scenes mohsin takes the lead.

His breakdown when kartik lost his baby and nairas death were one of the most spectacular scenes. The scne where Abhimanyu lost his babies didn't move me a bit 

Professor kg in Mumbai track was also so happening. 

The scenes were mohsin had to act cute was very natural where I found harshads cute scenes were cringe.

I prefer mohsins looks over harshads, so yeah looks are very subjective and say acting also

Ruhikam3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

https://x.com/itsme_poonam/status/1779582893637124187

And rishta was supposed to shut down after gen 2. Thanks to gen 3 cast and crew who worked so hard that we are still able to see rishta in gen 4.smiley1 Rishta is saved by gen 3 OG cast. 

https://youtu.be/uNmqoxUtoMY?si=bAeMQR-0BfzAFlZR

Then like wise yrkkh was supposed to be shut down after gen 1. Gen 2 saved it which then paved way for 3 and 4.

Let's just not go there

surgrut thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: szsiddiqa

In the OG Bengali show, I hear the PL had all the sympathy and love from the audience.  She was dignified and a skilled actor. 

It is the same "character", a different actor.  Here it is .. kya hi bolu.  

Same in ghum 1.0. Audience were frustrated (esp  Bengalis) that instead of invoking sympathy, it was cringe, and second hand embarrassment.

I saw that one and I actually liked that show. The character arc was good for ML as well as PL. Pl took time to become bitter and negative and worsened. ML arc was awesome too he was indifferent and strict but became soft and loving over the time. Lost1 was very close to the OG show. Minus didi ckt ofcourse…. As audience they never forced us to accept ML having EMA with negative character. They kept ML and PL away and showed pain and anger of the PL. Here we are forced to see ML in love still with the negative ckt of the PL. 
plus no morals whatsoever 

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Ruhikam3

Then like wise yrkkh was supposed to be shut down after gen 1. Gen 2 saved it which then paved way for 3 and 4.

Let's just not go there

the difference gen 1 was backed up by hina khan. Gen 3 had many hurdles including covid  which is not the case for gen 1, gen 2 and gen 4. Between gen 2 and gen 3 there was huge gap. Legacy fans lost that continuity which was an advantage for rest of the gens.

Edited by firewings_diya - 1 months ago
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Team Sharmas

I have not seen sam in past shows. But i might have seen her cartoons where she dubbed some of the characters. She was pretty good at dubbing but i am sorry yrkkh seems her acting comes as too much noisy and ott. 

They gave her those stupid oneliners which comes as too OTT When the scene is bit serious. That's getting really irritating for me. I prefer dialogues should be set according to scene. 

If tomorrow in gen 4 someone is dead will abhira also use onliners in between mourning? It looks really odd that she acts like a teenager who has no sense and blabbers anything. 

Sam may be good actress but in rishta her acting is not helping. 

Garvita her dialogues are good and suites the scenes but her character should realize armaan is not worth of her time. I am unable to connect to her because of this armaan angle. 

Rohith is a good actor. But his character as armaan is bit boring and since i believe he has been instructed to not to give any hints on who armaan loves he comes as a robot in some scenes. 

This is Sam's 2nd serial Diya. She is still relatively new and for someone who has just acted in one show before, she is excellent. Of course we can disagree, but just giving my opinion ☺️

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Sneha.Narayanan

This is Sam's 2nd serial Diya. She is still relatively new and for someone who has just acted in one show before, she is excellent. Of course we can disagree, but just giving my opinion ☺️

i am not blaming sam here. For me her dialogues and her reactions are ott. Which could be coming from writers. 

Serious discussion main one lines daalthe hai which is very irritating as it the impact of that scene will be gone because of that.

Ruhikam3 thumbnail

the difference gen 1 was backed up by hina khan. Gen 3 had many hurdles including covid  which is not the case for gen 1, gen 2 and gen 4. Between gen 2 and gen 3 there was huge gap. Legacy fans lost that continuity which was an advantage for rest of the gens.

Gen 2 was the first time they were shifting the focus on two next set of leads that to two unknown newbie faces. As far I remember the amount of hate shivangi and mohsin got for taking over lead position from hina fans were immense and then hina leaving the show worsened it. Also shivangi got more hate from gayu fans as well as kanchi was very popular then due to aur pyaar hogaya as gayu fans then wanted gayu and kartik. 

Then shivangi and mohsin with their efforts made place in the audience heart. They proved it that naira kartik  had the best chemistry and not gayu kartik. As they never had a base popularity it was more difficult for them but still they made it and made it huge

Yrkkh got internationally popular and popular among the youth due to kaira only.

Rs literally said shivangi mohsin were the ones who saved his sinking ship.

Also covid affected gen2. Gen2 literally stopped during covid, story changed , child actors changed as a result. They even had to shoot with a dummy baby as a result. 

By the time gen 3 set in covid was settled and everything was back to normal. 

Gen 3 was accepted because nobody could accept sirat over naira. If they still continued with naira without bringing in sirat I don't think gen 3 would have been easily accepted considering kaira craze even today.

Like wise gen 4 was accepted as a result of Abhinav taking over abhimanyu. 

The biggest thing gen 3 had Harshad who already had a well established fan following so it was kind of easy to get successful. As they had a  base popularity due to harshad Fandom unlike gen 2 where shivangi mohsin had literally few to zero fans in the beginning 

So it was the most difficult was generation 2 when compared to all other generations.

Edited by Ruhikam3 - 1 months ago