Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

Part 5 

Amidst the tranquil halls of the monastery, Abhira found a semblance of solace in the rhythm of her daily tasks. As she went about her duties, whether tending to the lush garden or assisting in the preparation of meals, she tried to immerse herself fully in the present moment. The simple acts of service offered her a sense of purpose and fulfillment, a welcome respite from the turmoil of her own thoughts. Surrounded by the serene beauty of Mussorie's misty hills, she had felt a fleeting sense of peace wash over her troubled soul.

Yet, beneath the outward appearance of serenity and composure, lay a tempest of painful emotions. Her thoughts could not help but drift back to Armaan, his presence lingering like a gentle whisper in the corridors of her mind, despite all her efforts to convince herself that he was never hers to begin with. But when she tried to shrug away her thoughts of Armaan, memories of her mother, her gentle admonishments and infectious laughter, her melodious singing and the aroma of her comforting cooking, flooded her mind, each recollection a bittersweet reminder of what she had lost. Although she was in Mussorie, she did not feel strong enough to go back home, and her steps had faltered at the monastery. She had thrown herself into volunteer work with unwavering determination, hoping that amidst the quietude of the monastery, she would discover the healing she so desperately sought.

As Armaan stepped into the monastery, his eyes eagerly scanned the surroundings until they finally landed on Abhira, who was tending to the garden. Relief flooded through him at the sight of her, his heart skipping a beat at the familiarity of her face. A soft smile tugged at his lips as he noticed the soil smudged across her forehead. In that moment, she appeared utterly adorable. That was his Abhira alright, with her genuine warmth and kindness illuminating his world with a brightness he had sorely missed. He felt a profound sense of completeness and warmth, a feeling that he was finally where he was meant to be.

Abhira felt her heart skip a beat as she sensed his presence. As she looked up, her eyes met Armaan's. An instant sense of belonging washed over her, dispelling the loneliness that had plagued her heart. In his presence, she found a sanctuary where she could lay down her burdens and fears, knowing that he would stand by her side through every trial, as he had always done. The simple fact of his being there, filled her with a deep-seated reassurance that she was not alone. Yet, beneath the surface, confusion lingered, as she struggled to comprehend his unexpected presence and reconcile it with thoughts of Ruhi. As she stood up slowly, she spotted Rohit standing at a distance with a knowing smile. This only added to her bewilderment, her gaze flickering between the two brothers as she tried to make sense of the situation unfolding before her.

Before she could say a word, Armaan's arms had enveloped her in a tight hug, squeezing her gently as if to assure himself that she was real and present and also to keep her from vanishing on him again. "I missed you," he sighed. 

Abhira returned the hug, and felt herself melt away in his embrace. But she was Abhira, and true to herself, she could not let the moment pass without a quip. "Missed me?" she teased, pulling back slightly to look into his eyes. “So you finally did realize how dull life is without me."

Armaan chuckled, releasing her from the hug but keeping his hands on her shoulders. "Oh, absolutely," he replied with a grin. "It was unbearable, not to have someone bite my head off with her constant jabbering, so I had to track you down."

Abhira rolled her eyes playfully. "And here I thought you were finally embracing your true calling as a hermit. It is only fitting that at your age, the strong, silent Khadoosmaan decides to renounce all wordly pleasures and takes to sanyaas.”

Armaan chuckled, his grin returning as he tilted his head confidently. "Well, you know, perfect as I am," he retorted, "I could totally rock the whole hermit lifestyle if I wanted to. I've got the beard-growing skills and the 'mysterious aura' down pat."

Abhira couldn't help but laugh at his theatrics, her earlier confusion and apprehension slowly fading away in the warmth of their banter. "So… if it’s not to embrace the monk life, what is it that brings you to this neck of the woods?" she asked.

"I'm here on a rescue mission,” Armaan quipped. ”The monks have been complaining about this crazy trouble-maker infiltrating their ranks, so being the hero that I am, I had to come to the rescue. After all, you’re my headache… only mine.”

Abhira felt her cheeks redden at the possessiveness in his voice. She stuttered, trying to find her words, but her usually sharp tongue seemed to fail her.

As he spoke next, Armaan's lighthearted tone took on a deeper, more sincere timbre, betraying the concern that lay beneath his playful facade, “How could you just disappear like that, Abhira, without even a smoke signal or a carrier pigeon to let me know you were okay. Who does that?"

“I am not your responsibility anymore, Armaan,” Abhira replied, her voice cracking under emotion, “You’ve done a lot for me, but it’s time for you to be free and live your life on your terms and follow your happiness. I’ll be fine… I am fine, honestly. You don’t have to worry about me anymore.”

"I am following my happiness," Armaan said, his voice softening as he closed the distance between them. With a tender smile, he reached out, his fingers tracing a delicate path along her jawline, before gently cupping her cheek. His touch was warm and reassuring. As Abhira leaned into his hand, she couldn't help but notice the intensity in his eyes, a fiery passion that seemed to call out to her... It wasn't just duty or friendship. It was... something else, something that she felt too in the depths of her soul. It was as though she saw her own heart mirrored back at her in Armaan’s teary eyes.

“Ruhi?” Abhira whispered, her voice barely audible. It was as much a reminder to herself as a question to Armaan. She could not let her feelings overpower and mislead her into forgetting that Ruhi was the one Armaan loved. Despite what she thought she saw in Armaan’s eyes, she couldn't shake off the shadow of doubt that lingered in her mind.

Armaan's expression softened as he met Abhira's gaze, understanding the unspoken turmoil within her. "Ruhi was... it was just an infatuation, she is family, but that’s pretty much it, and I have told her that,” Armaan confessed, his tone earnest, "But what I feel for you is different. It's deeper, stronger... real. Please trust me, Abhira. It's you, it's always been you.”

He took a deep breath, "When you left, Abhira, it… it hit me hard.”

He paused, gathering his thoughts as he struggled to put into words the depth of his feelings for her. "I know I've failed you, Abhira, failed to show you just how much you matter to me," he continued, his voice heavy with regret. "I'm sorry for every moment I made you doubt yourself, made you feel like you were just another obligation to fulfill. You deserve so much more than that, Abhira, so much more than I've ever given you... and I crave for a chance to make that right by you."

His gaze softened as he met her eyes, a whirlwind of emotions swirling within him. "For here's the truth, Abhira," he said, his voice growing stronger with each word. "I'm lost without you, utterly and completely lost. You're not just someone I want in my life, you're someone I need, someone who makes me feel alive in a way I never thought possible. You bring me closer to my own truth, to the person that I am."

"I love you, Abhira," he whispered, his voice barely above a breath. "More than I have ever loved or needed anyone."

Abhira felt her eyes pool with unshed tears. Armaan’s words had managed to penetrate the walls she had built around her heart, breaking through the barriers she had erected to protect herself from further pain, melting away the doubts and insecurities that had plagued her for so long. A sense of warmth washed over her, mingled with disbelief and a hint of fear. Could it be true? Could Armaan truly love her?

The question did not need answering. His eyes said it all. His eyes never lied. 

Abhira's voice trembled slightly as she spoke, her words carrying the weight of her emotions. "I love you too, my Khadoosmaan," she sobbed softly, as she rested her head on his chest, finding solace in the rhythmic beat of his heart.  

As they sat together on a weathered garden bench, their fingers entwined, Abhira and Armaan delved into the depths of their emotions, sharing their hopes, and their fears. 

The weight of returning to Poddar mansion seemed to loom over them like a heavy fog. Abhira felt her shoulders sag under the burden of expectation, the constant scrutiny and judgment gnawing at her sense of self-worth. She spoke of how anxious she felt at the relentless pressure to fit into a mold crafted by tradition, her voice tinged with weariness as she recounted the countless times she had had to stifle her true essence to appease others. While she loved all the family members deeply, she always felt that she was just a blunder away from losing their love for her. 

Armaan listened intently, choking up as he remembered how Abhira would clutch at the back of his sleeve for reassurance whenever she had to face the family, and his gaze softened with empathy as he recognized the echoes of his own struggles in Abhira's words. For him too, Poddar mansion had always been a place of conflicting emotions—a sanctuary tainted by the lingering shadows of obligation and gratitude. He shared with Abhira the constant tug-of-war between his desire for acceptance and the relentless need to prove himself worthy of the place he had been given in the family. 

As the conversation unfolded, Abhira and Armaan found themselves embracing a newfound sense of liberation—a daring glimpse into a future unshackled by the chains of expectation and obligation. Armaan realised that he had spent so many years fulfilling his Dadisa's dreams in order to earn her love, that he had never known what his own dreams were. And their conversation veered towards dreams yet to be realized, of adventures waiting to unfold in the vast expanse of the world beyond Poddar mansion's walls. With each word exchanged, their resolve strengthened, fueled by the promise of a life lived on their terms. Mussorie, with its verdant hills and whispering pines, beckoned to them like a beacon of hope—a refuge where they could heal, rediscover themselves and strengthen their bond.

Of course, amidst the allure of their newfound freedom, the pull of familial ties remained steadfast in their hearts. Abhira and Armaan knew that eventually, after having taken some time off for themselves, they would return home to their family.

But for now, their focus shifted to Rohit. As they watched Rohit engaged in conversation with one of the monks, they couldn’t help but notice the traces of unhappiness etched into the lines on his face, a stark contrast to the carefree spirit they had known him to be. It was evident that Rohit's time away from home had taken its toll on him – beneath the facade of strength, Rohit carried the weight of unspoken struggles, of his yearning for the warmth of family and the comfort of home.

And so, with determination fueling their resolve, Abhira and Armaan set their sights on convincing Rohit to return to Udaipur. The end of his self-imposed exile was long overdue. 

The End

Edited by whimsical - 2 months ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

That was amazing, outstanding ending 👏

Happy to read they were reunited 

Please do write more

Neeharika thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

My fav fanfic has come to an end .this was beautiful...so nicely written💕💕💕 thank you and i hope u continue to write more on abhimaan 💕💕💕🔥

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Fabulous 

arshisimple thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Beautiful story 👏Love your writing style, it felt like a poem 💕

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 27 days ago

Thank you all so very much smiley31smiley27